PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Druid +Hit

kayden87
2011-12-20, 07:37 PM
So, for example you are a druid, with the feat Dragon Wild Shape.

You want to be an Adult red dragon, when you shape change do you add the "druid" levels of BAB + New STR? or Do you take the dragons BAB?

SirFredgar
2011-12-20, 07:53 PM
Doesn't Dragon wildshape allow only for Small/Medium dragons? So I don't think Adult Red would qualify.

But normally you would use your Druid BaB + Dragon Str to determine your attacks.

EDIT: I see here this is the epic feat, not the version I was thinking about from Draconomicon. But aside from the small/medium restriction, yes... You would retain your own BaB (as per the normal wild shape rules), but your str would be that of your new dragon form. So your hit would be as above (BaB from Druid + Str from wildshape form)

Urpriest
2011-12-20, 10:44 PM
You sir need to read my Monster Handbook (link in sig). And probably a handbook on wildshape. But thinking that it would be at all appropriate or plausible to gain the BAB means you've got some fundamental misconceptions that my handbook was designed to address. Don't take this as me being mean or self-promoting, I just really think you're likely to need the advice.

Flickerdart
2011-12-20, 10:51 PM
You don't actually get Dragon HD when you wildshape, so you would not be using its BAB.

Gavinfoxx
2011-12-20, 10:57 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20080416115424rn_1/forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-404381

There are some of the dragon wild shape forms you can have...

For example, a level 18 druid with dragon wild shape could have these forms:

Young Adult Shadow Dragon
Young Adult Song Dragon
Young Adult Steel Dragon
Juvenile Pan Lung
Young Yu Lung