PDA

View Full Version : Getting druid spells onto a Sorcerer Spell-list?

NineThePuma
2011-12-21, 09:52 AM
I've got something I'm working with, and going Druid and doing the reverse wouldn't work as well.

Halp?

gkathellar
2011-12-21, 10:03 AM
Loredrake Child of Eberron Kobold is the obvious way.

Maybe a level of druid + Versatile Spellcaster? It's a stupid trick though, and there are a lot of RAW ambiguities.

NineThePuma
2011-12-21, 10:05 AM
... What does Lore Drake have to do with Druid Spells?

gkathellar
2011-12-21, 10:10 AM
Er. Sorry, not Loredrake, one of the other Draconic archetypes, give me a second to look it up.

EDIT: Child of Eberron archetype, page 30 of Dragons of Eberron.

motoko's ghost
2011-12-21, 10:12 AM
you can go recaster and pick up a couple of spells from any spell list, requires you to be a changling though, try checking out the thread on expanding your spell list for ideas.
Alternately go woodling(MM3?) it gets quite a few of druid spells as SLAs and is pretty fun.

NineThePuma
2011-12-21, 10:17 AM
Child of Eberron is exactly what I wanted, thank you. =3

Tenebris
2011-12-21, 10:19 AM
You can always research arcane versions of the druid's spells. Or Extra Spell feat should work fine. Although it was FAQed that it can only grant you spell from your own spellcasting list, please note:

A sorcerer casts arcane spells which are drawn primarily from the sorcerer/wizard spell list.(...)

These new spells can be common spells chosen from the sorcerer/wizard spell list, or they can be unusual spells that the sorcerer has gained some understanding of by study.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/sorcererWizard.htm#sorcerer

EDIT: Plus FAQ is not RAW. By raw Extra Spell do not have any restrictions.

gkathellar
2011-12-21, 10:21 AM
You can always research arcane versions of the druid's spells. Or Extra Spell feat should work fine. Although it was FAQed that it can only grant you spell from your own spellcasting list, please note:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/sorcererWizard.htm#sorcerer

The exception is to allow for Sorcerer-only spells, which exist.

NineThePuma
2011-12-21, 10:25 AM
Anyone have a better way to get spells as a spell like ability than Archmage?

Tenebris
2011-12-21, 10:27 AM
The exception is to allow for Sorcerer-only spells, which exist.

No, it's how it is written long before sorcerer-only spells. Which happen to appear on the sorcerer/wizard list, so wouldn't be necessary anyway.

This exception is there to allow sorcerers to research their own spells. Applying it to the Extra Spell is just a creative interpretation.

silver spectre
2011-12-21, 10:33 AM
I've got something I'm working with, and going Druid and doing the reverse wouldn't work as well.

Halp?

I had fun with the Eldritch Master PRC from dragon 280. It lets you add other spell list to your own list.

molten_dragon
2011-12-21, 11:59 AM

Halp?

Does it have to be druid spells onto a sorcerer list? Would a multiclass druid/sorcerer work?

NineThePuma
2011-12-21, 12:03 PM
It absolutely had to be Druid Spells on sorc list. Child of Eberron is exactly what I needed.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Real Sorceror
2011-12-21, 01:11 PM
If it helps, be sure to take the Druidic Theurgy feat. That'll let your druid caster level stack with sorcerer for spells on both lists. I sort of assumed you were aiming for this in the first place.