PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Fist, Reaping Mauler!

Snowbluff
2011-12-21, 02:10 PM
So, my friend has heard stories of my exploits as a CoDzilla. He too, wishes to join the fold, but he is no puny man, relying on iron and steel as I do. No! He is a brawler, a wrestler, and a WINNER!

So, he wants to try a Monk-based (Monk is his favorite class), and Reaping Mauler (His favorite PrC). So the build I am working on for him so far is: 5 Monk or Unarmed Swordsage, Ur Priest 2, Sacred Fist 9/10 (Depend on how big his Wis gets), Reaping Mauler 5. I might throw in some Human Paragon or a Able Learner to try and meet the Ur Priest requirements.

Also, can a get a link to that thread that tells you how to get different bonuses from different stats? he would like to know how to get Wis to melee damage.

Urpriest
2011-12-21, 02:27 PM
Does he have to be a Reaping Mauler? As a Sacred Fist he'll probably want Righteous Might up, but it would make him lose all his Reaping Mauler class features.

Snowbluff
2011-12-21, 02:33 PM
Does he have to be a Reaping Mauler? As a Sacred Fist he'll probably want Righteous Might up, but it would make him lose all his Reaping Mauler class features.

Really? I don't see where it says that in the book, could you clarify this for me?

If this is the case, can we get some alternatives for the PrC that would fit in with the monk/brawler theme?

Urpriest
2011-12-21, 02:42 PM
Really? I don't see where it says that in the book, could you clarify this for me?

If this is the case, can we get some alternatives for the PrC that would fit in with the monk/brawler theme?

Reaping Mauler requires Clever Wrestling. Clever Wrestling requires Medium size or smaller. Lose the size, lose the feat, lose the PrC.

In terms of good grappling PrCs, Black Blood Cultist is well-regarded but you probably won't get its best abilities in so few levels. A few levels of Totemist might be better than any PrCs at that point for grappling, as might the caster level increase from Hierophant.

Snowbluff
2011-12-21, 02:52 PM
Reaping Mauler requires Clever Wrestling. Clever Wrestling requires Medium size or smaller. Lose the size, lose the feat, lose the PrC.

In terms of good grappling PrCs, Black Blood Cultist is well-regarded but you probably won't get its best abilities in so few levels. A few levels of Totemist might be better than any PrCs at that point for grappling, as might the caster level increase from Hierophant.

Thank you so much!