PDA

View Full Version : I would like your opinions.

lfarbstein
2011-12-21, 02:57 PM
I have 2 questions that I would like your opinion on.

1. The Gunslinger. I have been sitting in on a campaign and one of my friends is playing a gunslinger. I dont know how to feel about that class. I like the style but I cant tell if it plays well. I mean the Touch AC and good ranged DMG is nice but the cost per shell stinks. Also how do those class abilitys work? are they any good?

2. I am thinking of makeing a spellcaster who can craft stuff... Particularly constructs. I have always wanted to craft constructs in 3.5 and now that pathfinder has better rules for crafting I think I may actually give it a try. Now what class/archetypes/prestige classes do you think would go well with crafting constructs? I was thinking ether summoner or alchemist, but what do you think?

rmg22893
2011-12-21, 03:02 PM
You should put [PF] or [Pathfinder] in the thread title so people know what system you're using at a glance. I came in here expecting 3.0 or 3.5 questions, and ended up knowing nothing because you wanted Pathfinder answers.

Tokuhara
2011-12-21, 03:07 PM
I have 2 questions that I would like your opinion on.

1. The Gunslinger. I have been sitting in on a campaign and one of my friends is playing a gunslinger. I dont know how to feel about that class. I like the style but I cant tell if it plays well. I mean the Touch AC and good ranged DMG is nice but the cost per shell stinks. Also how do those class abilitys work? are they any good?

2. I am thinking of makeing a spellcaster who can craft stuff... Particularly constructs. I have always wanted to craft constructs in 3.5 and now that pathfinder has better rules for crafting I think I may actually give it a try. Now what class/archetypes/prestige classes do you think would go well with crafting constructs? I was thinking ether summoner or alchemist, but what do you think?

1. Mysterious Stranger is your friend. CHA to what ails you, diplomancy, and hitting touch AC. What's not to love?

2. Summoner is generally better, because Alchemist is a self-buffing class whilst Summoner is a minionmancer-in-a-box

ericgrau
2011-12-21, 03:08 PM
I'm in a campaign where everyone's a gunslinger. We don't pay high costs for ammo though. The touch attacks are excellent. As is dex to damage. Really levels 3 and 5 are the all-star levels for the class. But things like fighter bonus feats encourage you to take it a bit farther before multiclassing. The trick shots get better at level 7 but even then they're situational. I could easily see someone sticking with the class because he likes them for the particular campaign or multiclassing out immediately because he doesn't. I think there's another key level at 10 or some such but we never got that far.