PDA

View Full Version : Instantly Neutralizing a Cancer Mage?

TravelLog
2011-12-21, 05:29 PM
I was just looking over Tome of Magic, and noticed this passage in Buer's entry:

Buer's Purity: You have immunity to diseases and poisons, and making a pact with Buer removes any diseases and neutralizes any poisons affecting you.

So. Is there a way to force a binding onto someone else? Or transfer it's affects? If not by RAI, is there a way optimizers can do it by RAW?

Snowbluff
2011-12-21, 08:50 PM
Maybe you could try a Magic Jar. Possess one then make "him" take the pact. :smallcool:

Flickerdart
2011-12-21, 09:09 PM
IIRC it's explicitly impossible to bind under duress, but I may be thinking of something else.

sreservoir
2011-12-22, 07:27 PM
why not just remove disease?

Jack_Simth
2011-12-22, 07:50 PM
why not just remove disease?
Because it has special effects on a Cancer Mage - for them, it doesn't cure disease, it just deals 1d6/level damage (fort negates, generally), and loses access to his Cancer Companion ability for a few days.

TravelLog
2011-12-22, 07:52 PM
Because it has special effects on a Cancer Mage - for them, it doesn't cure disease, it just deals 1d6/level damage (fort negates, generally), and loses access to his Cancer Companion ability for a few days.

This. RAW "curing" a Cancer Mage is no easy task. I was looking for a speey and effective solution.

Legendairy
2011-12-22, 07:52 PM
Multiple shots of chemotherapy?

Sorry un-called for I know :( :P

sreservoir
2011-12-22, 09:20 PM

... oh, did not read that description.

tbh the easiest way to neutralize them is probably to just NSJD them.

Diefje
2011-12-22, 11:39 PM
Make him level as a Paladin.
Kill him and raise him as undead.
Chop his limbs off and attach robotic limbs till he fails a save and becomes half-golem.

I'm not really sure though, but I don't know if immunity would have any effects at all other than maybe supressing his companion.

Ravens_cry
2011-12-23, 03:47 AM
... oh, did not read that description.

tbh the easiest way to neutralize them is probably to just NSJD them.
I am unfamiliar with this acronym, and googling gets me nowhere.:smallconfused:
Please explain.

sreservoir
2011-12-23, 08:42 AM
I am unfamiliar with this acronym, and googling gets me nowhere.:smallconfused:
Please explain.

no save, just die.

it seems to be much less used than I thought! hrml.