PDA

View Full Version : Slippery mind? Oh wait nvm...

Devronq
2011-12-21, 07:28 PM
So i thought what slippery mind did was let you make ref saves instead of will saves but i just read it and i was like oh nvm its not all that at all so maybe it was in 3.0? I still swear somewhere i read something like that, that let you make ref saves instead of will saves, im not sure if it was a feat or class feature or what but does anyone know of anything that lets you make ref saves instead of will saves? even if its 3.0 or a limited use. Also any feats that increase will other than iron will, that aren't in a dragon magazine or other realm book source?

The_Snark
2011-12-21, 07:32 PM
It sounds like you're thinking of the epic feat Dextrous Will (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#dexterousWill), which has the slippery mind ability as a prerequisite. There's a similar feat for Fortitude. Sadly, both are epic feats and therefore won't see use in the vast majority of games.

Autopsibiofeeder
2011-12-21, 07:33 PM
So i thought what slippery mind did was let you make ref saves instead of will saves but i just read it and i was like oh nvm its not all that at all so maybe it was in 3.0? I still swear somewhere i read something like that, that let you make ref saves instead of will saves, im not sure if it was a feat or class feature or what but does anyone know of anything that lets you make ref saves instead of will saves? even if its 3.0 or a limited use. Also any feats that increase will other than iron will, that aren't in a dragon magazine or other realm book source?

I think you are referring to an epic feat. I believe there's several variants of that (fort -> will, ref -> will, etc). For non-epic, I have no idea...

Edit: Ninja-ed...or Snark-ed :).

dgnslyr
2011-12-21, 07:33 PM
There is a Slippery Mind (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/rogue.htm), which is a Rogue ability. It lets you re-attempt a save vs an enchantment effect one turn later. It doesn't come until Rogue 10, though, so it's out of reach for almost anybody but a straight-classed rogue.

Autopsibiofeeder
2011-12-21, 07:39 PM
Also, I am not sure, but you sound quite disappointed. I would just like to state that while Slippery mind does not do what you thought it would, it is still a pretty strong ability. It really raises the chance of your rogue resisting a mind-control spell and would be a staple dish, I think, on a melee menu were it a feat.

Flickerdart
2011-12-21, 07:55 PM
10th level is not long before Mind Blank becomes available (a manifester can get Personal Mind Blank off the PW list with Expanded Knowledge as early as 12th if they're an Ardent), so Slippery Mind's usefulness is somewhat diminished. However, Spirit Shaman gets something like it at 5th, and there are a bunch of ways to get it at level 9, which extends the usefulness a little.

To compare, though, LA1 Feytouched and Necropolitans don't care about mind-affecting at all.