PDA

View Full Version : Ghost feats and incorporeal madness.

NudelJunge
2011-12-21, 09:15 PM
Can any incorporeal creature, not just a ghost, take AND USE [ghost] feats?

Pg 28 of Ghostwalk says:

Feats with the [Ghost] descriptor can be used only by
ghosts unfettered by a physical body. A living creature
can select ghost feats, but cannot use them unless a ghost.

The reason I ask is, my campaign is still in character creation mode, and one of my PC's is asking if he can play an unbodied (XPH,) and is wanting to take the Ghost Ride, Minor Malevolence, and Malevolence ghost feats. Technically, unbodied are not fettered by a physical body, but they aren't, by any stretch of the imagination, ghosts.

Thoughts?

Qwertystop
2011-12-21, 09:28 PM
Ghostwalk is a campaign setting book, and it changes a lot of things about ghosts. You might need to change other incorporeal creatures to fit it better. It's one of those books that's harder to just pick and choose things out of, because of that.

NudelJunge
2011-12-21, 09:49 PM
Ghostwalk is a campaign setting book, and it changes a lot of things about ghosts. You might need to change other incorporeal creatures to fit it better. It's one of those books that's harder to just pick and choose things out of, because of that.

Appreciated. I was figuring that, even though it is from (for all intents and purposes) an alternate game setting, the charisma damage from each use would balance it out.

There's aren't going to be really any other incorporeal creatures they're going to run into, aside from those specifically mentioned in the Pandorym Elder Evil information, so I don't really see too many other alterations being required. Maybe upping the CHA damage or decreasing the duration? Both?

Qwertystop
2011-12-21, 09:53 PM
Appreciated. I was figuring that, even though it is from (for all intents and purposes) an alternate game setting, the charisma damage from each use would balance it out.

There's aren't going to be really any other incorporeal creatures they're going to run into, aside from those specifically mentioned in the Pandorym Elder Evil information, so I don't really see too many other alterations being required. Maybe upping the CHA damage or decreasing the duration? Both?

I meant changing the other creatures. Maybe call Unbodied the "ghosts" of powerful psionic energies. Give it the [Ghost] subtype and refluff.