PDA

View Full Version : Low Magic, Low level cure to blindness

PotatoNinja
2011-12-21, 09:47 PM
A player of mine in my winter campaign session was currently hit by Blindness.

She is level 6, and the campaign very similar to an E6 campaign, with low magic, and relatively low resources as well.

The gods are like wise very quiet, and true clerics are very hard to find, a true rarity in this world is a cleric above 5-6th level.

Said character is a leader of exiled wood elves, about 500 of them. She is a leader who wishes to regain her sight, but is unwilling to venture into human lands to seek our clerics.

They are currently on an island full of Fey, and i looked at the pixies Alter Self ability, but this puts the pixie (8HD) to low to take on the form of an angel with spellcasting from the MMI.

Is there any form the pixie could take that would offer a remove blindness at 8 HD? Is there a low magic, low level alternative i might offer that i am simply not seeing?

(If it's an alternative, please bear in mind that it should be troublesome to acquire, or easy to make troublesome, but not difficult to the extreme.)

sonofzeal
2011-12-21, 09:52 PM
Isn't this the sort of thing that's best handled by DM Fiat? "Oh yeah, there's a hedge-witch who brews all sorts of cures and salves, but her hut is in the middle of the dangerous swamp and she's not known for generosity. You may have to do something before she'll give it to you."

PotatoNinja
2011-12-21, 10:03 PM
Isn't this the sort of thing that's best handled by DM Fiat? "Oh yeah, there's a hedge-witch who brews all sorts of cures and salves, but her hut is in the middle of the dangerous swamp and she's not known for generosity. You may have to do something before she'll give it to you."

Far to easy, but yes, i had considered it. Sorry for not specifying, i will here for the sake of clarity.

Is there any form a Pixie can take that offers this ability?

(Looking to avoid DM fiating until it's necessary absolutely necessary)

W3bDragon
2011-12-22, 08:22 AM
Assuming the blindness was from the spell of the same name . . .

A pixie can cast dispel magic once per day as an 8th level caster.

HMS Invincible
2011-12-22, 01:00 PM
Why would you mention that it is rare to find a mid level cleric, but then mention how she won't leave the forest to find said cleric? Anyway, the answer is the same. Make an adventure around finding a scroll of remove curse. Maybe you'll find some rumor on a high level cleric who's cloistered himself away. He's really a hermit, so you might have to do something for him in order to get him to craft the scroll for you. Don't forget to prepare for the dangerous journey just to find him.