PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Secondary Senses Question

rmg22893
2011-12-21, 09:57 PM
Long story short, I have the ability to eventually obtain scent, blindsense, and tremorsense. Are any of these worth obtaining/will one render another redundant?

motoko's ghost
2011-12-21, 10:02 PM
tremorsense is only if they're touching the ground, blindsense isnt as accurate, I think? neither of them will replace scent(you can track by it, but not with the others)

tyckspoon
2011-12-22, 12:53 AM
If it's a pick-one situation, blindsense is the most generically useful. But they all have distinct capabilities and advantages/disadvantages in certain situations; if you can get all three with a decent range and without excessive trade off it's worth doing.

rmg22893
2011-12-22, 01:20 AM
If it's a pick-one situation, blindsense is the most generically useful. But they all have distinct capabilities and advantages/disadvantages in certain situations; if you can get all three with a decent range and without excessive trade off it's worth doing.

It's for Geomancer drifts; I'm having trouble selecting which ones to take. I COULD get both blindsense and tremorsense, but it would mean giving up on wings.

motoko's ghost
2011-12-22, 05:14 AM
It's for Geomancer drifts; I'm having trouble selecting which ones to take. I COULD get both blindsense and tremorsense, but it would mean giving up on wings.

There are a lot more ways to get wings/a fly speed than there are to get either of those.