PDA

View Full Version : Fun character idea trying to come into actual character

Master Thrower
2011-12-21, 10:45 PM
Hello, playground So I was trying to find a fun way to use kensai, and natural attacks when I had this amazingly fun idea, I would be a necropolition, and eventually enter kensai through some combo of monk/other classes, I would then enchant my fists with the following properties- Throwing, Returning, and possibly sizing.

Now I believe this lets me "fire" my fists at people. Now would sizing allow me to say increase my fists to gargantuan?

Any build input would be great!

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-21, 10:48 PM
...Are you trying to build Monkey D. Luffy?

I'm on to you.

Yes, it would work.

motoko's ghost
2011-12-21, 10:51 PM
No! tis Rayman they are trying to build!:smalltongue:

erikun
2011-12-21, 10:51 PM
I would think that Unarmed Swordsage or something Dread Necromancer (to take advantage of your Necropolition state) would be the most common base class.

Master Thrower
2011-12-21, 10:53 PM
haha thanks for the quick replies, and fail on my apart of course unarmed sword sage over monk!, But yeah luffy was my inspiration for this character. My main question, does this work?

Heliomance
2011-12-22, 07:23 AM
Why Necropolitan?

But yeah, by RAW, a Kensai can put throwing and returning on his unarmed strikes just fine.

Course, that image suggests Buggy more than Luffy, but hey.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-22, 07:25 AM
Take some levels in Warshaper or something that gives you natural weapons. You can have claws!

Keegan__D
2011-12-22, 07:37 AM
Would he receive penalties for wielding a colossal weapon?

Talionis
2011-12-22, 10:28 AM
The opening level of Shadow Sun Ninja benefits from both you being undead and high base unarmed strike damage.. It will allow you to make crazy heals and add to damage.

Kaje
2011-12-22, 11:19 AM
A Bloodstorm Blade can do this non-magically.

Piggy Knowles
2011-12-22, 11:43 AM
Reminds me of Fisty McFlingerton: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11801.msg420336#msg420336

Curmudgeon
2011-12-22, 11:54 AM
Why would you need either Necropolitan or Kensai for this? It's much more amusing to get a Necklace of Natural Attacks (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060707a), add throwing and returning, and use flying head butts as a living creature.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-22, 02:05 PM
To replicate Luffy's abilities, the closest you can get is warblade with Superior Unarmed Strike. Plus, Kensai requires concentration and warblades have ways to actually use concentrtion.

Acidic_Cakes
2011-12-22, 02:36 PM
I'm still a bit morbidly curious as to what would happen if you were to add throwing, but not returning onto your natural attacks.

rmg22893
2011-12-22, 02:40 PM
I'm still a bit morbidly curious as to what would happen if you were to add throwing, but not returning onto your natural attacks.

You take three points of constitution damage every round you don't return your limbs to their proper spots.

deuxhero
2011-12-22, 03:00 PM
Be sure to yell SUCK ON MY MISSILE PUNCH!

Frosty
2011-12-22, 03:07 PM
Be sure to yell SUCK ON MY MISSILE PUNCH!It's a ROCKETTO PAUNCH not a MISSILE PUNCH :smallbiggrin:

Master Thrower
2011-12-22, 03:20 PM
Take some levels in Warshaper or something that gives you natural weapons. You can have claws!

Hrmm ok so something like this is what I have in mind,

Changling (to qualify for warshaper)

Unarmed Swordsage 7, Kensai X (Minimum 3) War shaper 4 or 5

So My DM has ruled I can apply throwing and returning cause Im a changling, and with war shaper I can now have reach with my natural weapons.

My biggest question is would I take penalties for a gargantuan natural weapon? My Dm has no idea and we were looking for some input.

Also if so what would my weapon damage be?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-12-22, 05:00 PM
Hrmm ok so something like this is what I have in mind,

Changling (to qualify for warshaper)

Unarmed Swordsage 7, Kensai X (Minimum 3) War shaper 4 or 5

So My DM has ruled I can apply throwing and returning cause Im a changling, and with war shaper I can now have reach with my natural weapons.

My biggest question is would I take penalties for a gargantuan natural weapon? My Dm has no idea and we were looking for some input.

Also if so what would my weapon damage be?

Why are you taking unarmed swordsage if you want to use natural weapons?

motoko's ghost
2011-12-22, 05:18 PM
Pity you cant add splitting to a melee weapon:smalltongue:

Could you add the dancing enchantment? you can sort of hurl one of the limbs you not quite using at the moment at a monster while you do something else.

Acidic_Cakes
2011-12-22, 05:41 PM
Do this with a thri-kreen totemist with girallon's blessing cast on him, and you end up with something like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX469Ftb-m4&feature=related)

Rubik
2011-12-22, 08:07 PM
I'm still a bit morbidly curious as to what would happen if you were to add throwing, but not returning onto your natural attacks.If you're a monk or unarmed swordsage, you throw your entire body (since your entire body is considered usable for an unarmed strike). Basically you hurl yourself at whatever you're aiming at and hit with whatever body part you prefer.

Note that this is an amazing way to traverse the battlefield, since the AC of a 5' space is 5. Flurry your way to wherever you need to go! Just add distance to your unarmed strikes, and add on whatever other range-boosters you can find.