PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mando Knight
2011-12-21, 11:37 PM
Pokémon XII: Truth of the Ideal Thread
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0b/NClose.png
I... want to see things no one can see. The truths of Pokémon inside Poké Balls. The ideals of how Trainers should be. And a future where Pokémon have become perfect... Do you feel the same? Then this is a thread for you. Show me your vision of the perfect Pokémon thread!

These are friend codes (Partially out of date: If they are, post your new codes now and I'll fix them). For your friends. If you're not on here? It means you're not friendly. Also that for whatever reason they didn't get put here. If you're not here, just mention it whenever you can.
FRIEND CODES:
{table=head]Name|Diamond|Pearl|Platinum|HeartGold|SoulSilver|B lack|White
Legoshrimp|2923-1445-3340|X|X|X|1849-3954-2553|X|X
Kobold Bard|X|X|X|4168-8792-1683|X|X|X
Freako|X|X|1333-4517-6347|X|2966-0800-3851|X|X
Jimp|X|X|X|X|2407-7659-7056|X|X
tgva8889|X|X|3438-0598-0009|X|3052-0635-4414|X|3353-3706-1386
Mattarias, King.|X|X|X|3524-4231-3529|X|X|4770-6741-0740
Linkavitch|X|X|X|5027-8564-5267|X|X|X
SparkMandriller|2277-4598-3685|X|X|X|X|X|X
B-Man|X|X|X|X|5371-4488-1062|X|X
goldfly|X|X|X|0174-5615-7997|X|3782-8897-6594|3009-8301-5885
Deth Muncher|X|X|1162-2087-3138|X|X|X|X
Terry576:|0174-5674-2515|X|X|X|X|X|X
AtlanteanTroll|X|X|1505-6983-3009|X|1291-5054-9504|X|3911-6794-1526
Qwertystop|X|X|2450-2269-2301|4770-4806-9656|X|X|X
The-Mage-King|5369-7209-0920|X|X|X|X|X|4169-5014-1806
bue52|X|X|0088-3371-2579|0689-7808-4229|X|X|X
Geno9999|X|5328-7909-7435|X|X|1892-8459-0727|Owned|X
oxybe|X|X|X|4684-4678-9165|X|X|1162-9092-9501
Drascin|X|X|X|X|X|3525-1309-6530|X
Ryzouken|X|X|3782-2115-8275|X|X|4512-9802-0628|X
Deuxhero|X|X|X|X|3481-6327-5325|X|4727-7229-9821
FantasyFoxMan|X|X|X|1677-9053-6018|X|X|1377-6516-2321
CoffeeIncluded|X|X|X|X|X|X|0389-8063-2889
ShinyRocks|X|X|X|X|X|2064-8383-8632|X
Turalisj|X|X|X|X|X|4684-8033-0061|X
OracleofWuffing|X|X|X|X|X|4684-8355-8999|X
Crimson Angel|X|X|X|X|X|2494-4300-9144|X
Mando Knight|Owned|Owned|X|1806-4645-4773|X|X|1850-1765-8454
breakdownjason|X|X|X|X|X|1291-9831-7735|X
Thormag|X|X|X|X|X|1764-5885-4832|X[/table]

Related to the friend codes is the IRC. Use this channel when you want to trade with other people.

irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade

Also, the following members posses TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) ways of getting you TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) hacked Pokeymans.
Kobold-Bard
ryzouken
Hunter Noventa
Qwertystop
OracleofWuffing

The Last Thread: The Virtually Indestructible Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209095)

Helpful Links/Hints For Adventuring Ten Year Olds

Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/)
Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/)
Metalkid's Damage Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculatorrs/Damage.aspx)
Metalkid's IV Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx)
Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)
Pokémon Online (http://www.pokemon-online.eu/) (for battles over the internets when you don't want to bother training things by hand)

Breeding For Dummies:

So, you're tired of navigating a Pokemon thread where everyone uses fancy words and stuff? Well no worries! Here's a guide on... BREEDING FOR DUMMIES!

One of the first things to remember in breeding is that there are natures that help and ones that hinder. For instance, a Special Attacker such as Mewtwo would be hindered by an Adamant nature, but helped in his stat growth by a Modest nature. To improve your chances for getting a particular Nature in a child Pokémon, use at least one parent with the Nature you want, and give it the Everstone.

Brilliant Spreadsheet for Growth (http://pokemon.marriland.com/statcalc_dp.php).

Some IVs are randomly inherited from the parents. You can lock in a maximum of one IV by giving a parent the corresponding Power training item (Power Bracer for Attack, Power Lens for Special Attack, and so forth). Use Flat Battles to determine the IVs of a hatched Pokémon, or if you only care about the highest IV and the sum of all of its IVs, you can take it to a guy who's in the lobby of either the Battle Tower or the Battle Subway, depending on your game. You're looking for them to judge it Relatively Superior overall and Can't Be Better in its best stat.

The third main thing with breeding is Egg Moves. Egg moves are moves the parent has, and passes down to a child. For instance, in my breeding of Chimchar, the egg moves are Grass Knot and Swords Dance, which are passed down to the child who gets said moves from the start. In order to pass on most Egg Moves, the father must know the move (Genderless Pokémon never learn Egg Moves). These include all of the moves that are listed as the child Pokémon's Egg Moves in a move list chart, as well as any compatible TMs or HMs. You can also pass on moves that the child would learn by level-up that aren't in those two lists--for these, both parents must know the move.

Dr. Strangemon or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Min-Max
Don't feel the need to bother with this stuff unless you're playing against humans or at the Battle Frontier. You shouldn't need it for most of the game, and it can be kind of a pain.

Individual Values
Every Pokémon species has its own base stats, as you probably know. Aerodactyl are very fast but have weak defenses, Blissey have huge amounts of HP, Luvdisc are terrible at everything but speed, and so on. But, in addition to the normal stat allocation, every Pokemon gets a bonus of 0-31 points applied to each stat. So a level 100 Tyranitar could have an attack stat of 273, or it could have a attack of 304. That bonus is the IV.
A Pokémon has its IVs generated the moment you meet it, or accept its egg, and there's no way to change them. You're stuck with what you've got. However, you can influence them a little, if you're willing to breed. Bred Pokémon don't randomly generate all their IVs, they inherit up to 3 from their parents. Still doesn't help that much, especially if the parents have bad IVs, but what can you do? Typically you just end up hatching like a billion eggs until you get a good one.

Effort Values
Every time you win a fight, your Pokémon get experience, but that's not all they get. Every Pokémon also gives out effort points. For every 4 effort points in a particular stat, your Pokémon gains 1 point in it. So if that Tyranitar from earlier with 304 attack had 4 attack EVs, his actual attack would be 305. If he had 252 attack EVs, it'd be 367. Sounds handy, but there are limits. You can't have more than 255 points in a single stat, and you can't have more than 510 EVs in total.

You'll see a lot of Pokémon with 252 attack/special attack EVs, 252 speed, and 4 HP, but there are a lot of ways to configure them. Defensive Pokémon will obviously focus on different things, Pokémon which use both physical and special attacks will need to split EVs between them or possibly sacrifice speed, and so on.

It's a tremendous pain to work out what EVs your Pokémon has, so you'll likely want to start with a Pokémon that you freshly hatched and work from there, though you don't have to. There are 6 berries that reduce EVs in a single stat each, so you can use those to reset your Pokémon and start from scratch. After that, just keep a careful record of what you fight, and only take down Pokémon that you know give you the EVs you want.

EV training takes a while, but there are a few ways you can speed it up. The first is an astonishingly rare status condition called Pokérus. Any Pokémon with Pokérus gets double EVs from fights, and will spread the Pokérus to any Pokémon in your party for the first 72 hours after it catches it. After those 72 hours it stops being contagious, but still gets double EVs. Pokérus has something like 1/20000 chance to appear on wild Pokemon, but with the magic of the internet I'm sure you can obtain it.

The second way to speed up EV training is through Power Items. If a Pokémon is holding the right item, they get bonus EVs from every fight. For example, a Pokémon holding a Power Lens will get 4 special attack EVs. A Pokémon holding a Power Anklet will get 4 speed EVs. A Pokémon holding a Macho Brace will just get double the EVs of whatever they're fighting. These bonuses are doubled if you have Pokérus.

The third way to speed up EVs is through vitamins. Each vitamin given to a Pokémon gives them +10 EVs in a certain stat, up to a limit of 100. 1 protein gives 10 attack EVs, 10 give 100. These unfortunately aren't doubled by Pokérus or items, so you'll have to pay for the full amount. Luckily money is easy to come by in these games.

Just as an example, I'll show how I EV'd my Gengar.
First, I gave him 10 calcium, and 10 carbos, so 100 special attack and 100 speed already.
After that, I gave him Pokérus and a lucky egg, got him to meet a Floatzel (2 speed EVs, doubled to 4 because of Pokérus), and then sent out my Weezing to explode on it so Gengar could get all the experience, for a higher level and 100 special attack, 104 speed.
After that, I gave him a Power Lens, flew over to the Old Chateau, and killed 15 Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 from the lens, doubled to 10 from Pokérus) for 150 special attack EVs, bringing my total to 250 special attack, 104 speed.
After that I equipped a power anklet and killed one more Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 speed from the anklet, doubled to 2 and 8 from Pokérus), meaning Gengar had 252 attack, and 112 speed.
Leaving the anklet equipped, I flew to Route 201, and killed 14 Starly (1 speed from Starly, 4 from the anklet, meaning 10 speed per starly thanks to Pokérus), for a total of 252 attack, 252 speed.
All that was left after that was to kill a Bidoof with a Power Weight (1 HP from Bidoof, 4 from the Weight, 10 thanks to Pokerus, although I only gained 6 points because I hit the EV cap), leaving my Gengar with 252 special attack EVs, 252 Speed, and 4 HP, just how I wanted him.
Roughly an hour's work, and one Pokemon down.
tl;dr: The simplified version of EVs/IVs - EVs are gained by fighting other Pokémon. They vary by the Pokémon defeated. They increase your stats for every 4 gained. IVs are inherent to a Pokémon. They increase stats for every point possessed, and range from 0 to 31. EVs have to be manually tracked or else removed entirely with certain berries. IVs can be checked by knowing the EVs of a Pokémon and then plugging its stats into an IV calculator. The higher the Pokémon's level, the more accurate; level 100 wifi battles provide maximum accuracy.

Now, you might ask, "Mando Knight, how do you get those accented e's?" On a PC, change your keyboard layout to US-International, and press 'e. For some versions of Windows, if you don't want the US-International keyboard on all the time, you can also have it switch between different registered keyboards with a press of Ctrl+Shift. (Alt+Shift lets you switch languages, in case you need to type a bunch of characters like these: ασδφγηξκλ)

NineThePuma
2011-12-21, 11:41 PM
Whoo! First!

EDIT: wasn't there supposed to be some sort of Platinum related title?

tgva8889
2011-12-21, 11:42 PM
Yes! New Thread smell. :smallbiggrin:

The-Mage-King
2011-12-21, 11:45 PM
3RD POST!!!11ONE!1

Ahem. Carry on.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-22, 12:35 AM
I feel this pun to be insufficient ... But I've got nothing.

Also these new WiFi rules wont stop PokeSav? Then what's the point?

Terry576
2011-12-22, 12:49 AM
It will stop totally hacked movesets, abilities, and EVs.

Like Mewtwo with 999 in every stat, with Draco Meteor and other such moves.

And Wonder Guard.

It won't stop stuff like 31 IV'd Perfect Smogon EV spread pokemon though.

Especially if those Perfect EV spread Pokemon have legit movesets.

Mando Knight
2011-12-22, 12:59 AM
Didn't think of a witty enough one, and the recurring theme from Black & White got stuck in my head.

It won't stop stuff like 31 IV'd Perfect Smogon EV spread pokemon though.

Especially if those Perfect EV spread Pokemon have legit movesets.
The IVs are the only hard part. The legit movesets and EVs are easy enough that I can do most of it with my certified all-natural* Pokémon training.

*All-natural is defined by the Pokémon raised being no less than one generation separated from any hacked Pokémon and no intentional RNG abuse to force the generation of perfect Pokémon.

Starwulf
2011-12-22, 03:02 AM
Just posting to mark the thread for myself. nothing to add right now, but maybe soon, just about done(well, maybe. Tempted to breed a Wildcard or Ace of spades) Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2(man, I do love games involving breeding monsters), and might just fire up Platinum and do my all Eevee Run after I'm done DQMJ:2

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-22, 09:43 AM
I thought it was supposed to be "Our Ponies are on Fire. (http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5364/302082020rapidash20meme.jpg)" :smalltongue:

Also these new WiFi rules wont stop PokeSav? Then what's the point?
As someone who had Phantasy Star Online as one of his first online games, it's kind of embedded in my blood that if someone claims that they're cracking down on hacked stuff to make things fairer for other people, they're not actually following through on that claim for that reason.

Thing is, look, we we can look at a save file. We know where data that represents a pokemon starts and ends. It is so incredibly easy to clone a pokemon flawlessly that it is pretty much copypasta. If you use Pokesav/gen/hax/tofu for this purpose, the only way to keep track of what's been duped is to keep a running list of PIDs and ban those that keep showing up- and this will also ban the legit one. This pretty much also means that if you actually want to ban all "illegal modification" programs, you will be banning legit players that occasionally use GTS.

But there's more. We're also dang sure (well, okay, actually the guy that made the program is somewhat confident) about how PIDs work with IVs and abilities that a click of a button tells us if an IV spread is legitimate, and legit movesets can be found incredibly easily.

Long story short, the only people that will get "caught" with hacked pokemon under these rules are the people who don't even try to make legitimate pokemon and could be spotted a mile away. For what it's worth, the rules also don't actually punish you for using such pokemon, they just won't let you battle in the first place until you release the pokemon- which is not a concern at all for folks that can get a save file on their computer.

It's not about tracking down and punishing illegitimate pokemon. Maybe it's about fair play, I don't know, (frankly I find it fairer that everybody has access to whatever IV Heatran they want without replaying the game every time they want to change its moveset) that's a construct that is invented and controlled by them. By looking at things, though, it sounds to me that what's going on is that they're banning Dark Void, and then repeating the same statements that hacked pokemon are not allowed as they were previously. They're just throwing on their verbal weight on the hacked pokemon rules, though, because that way folks that legitimately raise pokemon don't get upset because their Dark Void pokemon just got nerfed and nothing was done about hacked pokemon usage.

'Course, that last paragraph is all speculation from me.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-22, 11:36 AM
Heatran can't be caught with soft reset? :smallconfused:

Qwertystop
2011-12-22, 11:42 AM
In the list of TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGIT Pokemon providers, I'm still listed under my old username (master256). Please change this.

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-22, 12:05 PM
Heatran can't be caught with soft reset? :smallconfused:
Say you soft-reset for a Calm Heatran, so you can have a defensive wall. All's well and good, right? Good. Now, say you decide on tweaking your team, and now your team needs a fire/steel type to lay an offensive smackdown. Whelp! Time to play through an entire game to soft reset for a single pokemon again.

Sure, yes, things worth doing are worth doing right and Arceus forbid I invest time in catching and raising pokemon in a game about catching and raising pokemon, I know. But that's not fair play, that's artificial gameplay extension.

Mando Knight
2011-12-22, 12:11 PM
I'm still listed under my old username (master256). Please change this.
Done.

Say you soft-reset for a Calm Heatran, so you can have a defensive wall. All's well and good, right? Good. Now, say you decide on tweaking your team, and now your team needs a fire/steel type to lay an offensive smackdown. Whelp! Time to play through an entire game to soft reset for a single pokemon again.

Sure, yes, things worth doing are worth doing right and Arceus forbid I invest time in catching and raising pokemon in a game about catching and raising pokemon, I know. But that's not fair play, that's artificial gameplay extension.
...That's why I've taken to not using legends unless I'm absolutely sure which build I want for them.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-22, 12:38 PM
Mando has a good point. Though, I do love my Heatran. Can't remember it's IVs or EVs though. I really wish there was a way to figure that out. I'm still super pissed about losing all of my Breeding data. Haven't had the will to make any new Pokes since, either.

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-22, 01:15 PM
Knowing which build you want for a certain pokemon is good and all, if you plan on keeping the same team for an entire generation (and the pokemon is recatchable in the next generation). I don't know how popular that sort of thing is.

Though, I do love my Heatran. Can't remember it's IVs or EVs though. I really wish there was a way to figure that out.
I could totally do that for you, sometime after the 25th when my work schedule returns to normal.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-22, 02:14 PM
I could totally do that for you, sometime after the 25th when my work schedule returns to normal.
Could you really? You realize I dont know either the EVs OR IVs, right? Or can you do that with your AR, because that'd be super!! :smallbiggrin: I have multiple Pokemon I seriously need to get data from. Namely my Salamence, Blissey, Heatran, Suicune, Ferrothorn, Zekrom, Darmanitan, Celebi, and Victini.

Speaking of Victini, when does that event end?

Mando Knight
2011-12-22, 02:22 PM
Knowing which build you want for a certain pokemon is good and all, if you plan on keeping the same team for an entire generation (and the pokemon is recatchable in the next generation). I don't know how popular that sort of thing is.

Rebuilding EVs is simple enough with a berry farm, so for legendaries the only thing that's really stuck are the IVs and nature. And any special event moves, like Movie 14 Victini's V-Create and Fusion Bolt/Flare. So no, you can't switch from hyper-tank to super-sweeper, but really, you shouldn't need to do so regularly anyway.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-22, 02:31 PM
So, I'm starting a Black Nuzlocke. I can't particularly draw and I'm doing it on a Cart, so there's no way to record my progress through Screen Caps. Should I bother starting a Written Nuzlocke thread, or should I just post here if anything particularly lolzy happens?

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-22, 03:20 PM
Could you really? You realize I dont know either the EVs OR IVs, right? Or can you do that with your AR, because that'd be super!! :smallbiggrin: I have multiple Pokemon I seriously need to get data from. Namely my Salamence, Blissey, Heatran, Suicune, Ferrothorn, Zekrom, Darmanitan, Celebi, and Victini.
Basically, you trade me the pokemon, then I copy a save file off to my computer, and load everyone up in Pokegen. There, I can view all of a pokemon stats, including IVs and EVs. Then, like, I don't even send the copied save file back, I just trade back the pokemon the next day or so, no changes actually made. Like I said, though, it'll have to wait until after Christmas. My days off are always on Thursdays, but I should be getting some time afterwards on other days.

Rebuilding EVs is simple enough with a berry farm, so for legendaries the only thing that's really stuck are the IVs and nature.
'Swhat I've been talking about.

So no, you can't switch from hyper-tank to super-sweeper, but really, you shouldn't need to do so regularly anyway.
One change is more than enough, as far as I care. Why should I have to replay an entire game because I didn't know that my team two years from now wanted a different nature on its legendary, and instead raised a legendary that was built for the team I had in mind now?

So, I'm starting a Black Nuzlocke. I can't particularly draw and I'm doing it on a Cart, so there's no way to record my progress through Screen Caps. Should I bother starting a Written Nuzlocke thread, or should I just post here if anything particularly lolzy happens?
Just post about it here, unless you get a really good backstory going.

Reminds me, I still need to do that "Pokemon Black from my point of view" bit. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2011-12-22, 03:40 PM
That reminds me! Once I finish my Moemon screencap Nuzlocke, I plan to go back to sketching on my tablet and draw a comic of it.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/Sketches/Image.jpg

That would be the generic character design. Maybe a bit more simplistic, because it takes a tad long to draw that.

breakdownjason
2011-12-22, 04:42 PM
Woo! New thread! Also, I have a female DW Vulpix (and the possibilty of maybe being online in the morning (8:15 CST - 8:45 CST)), a female DW Xatu and a female DW Salamence that I may be able to breed up (with corresponding natures and at least 2 31 IV's if anyone is interested and not completely put off by my weird hours. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-22, 09:43 PM
Basically, you trade me the pokemon, then I copy a save file off to my computer, and load everyone up in Pokegen. There, I can view all of a pokemon stats, including IVs and EVs. Then, like, I don't even send the copied save file back, I just trade back the pokemon the next day or so, no changes actually made. Like I said, though, it'll have to wait until after Christmas. My days off are always on Thursdays, but I should be getting some time afterwards on other days.
Well, I wouldn't be available till after Christmas anyway, so that's cool. :smallbiggrin:

tgva8889
2011-12-22, 10:35 PM
My Boxes are full in my White version, so EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Have you ever wanted Timburrs or Solosis with 31 IVs? What if they were in awesome stats, like Attack (Timburr), Special Attack (Solosis) or HP (both)? I'm offering these for trade! Make an offer and if it's not in my Pokedex, I will automatically accept! All Pokemon also come with a FREE EV-reducing berry of YOUR CHOICE! I can also provide Litwick and Frillish, though I cannot be perfectly sure of their IVs.

Let me know, because I will be clearing out my boxes soon and releasing large numbers of extra Timburrs, Litwick, and Frillish (and Munna but my Munnas are awful) so let me know!

I will also begin production of any of the following soon:
Regenerator Slowpoke
Regenerator Tangela
Anticipation Eevee
Prankster Murkrow

breakdownjason
2011-12-23, 09:10 AM
Ooohhh, Prankster Murkrow would be AWESOME...:smallbiggrin:

Selpharia
2011-12-23, 11:04 AM
A female anticipation Eevee would be the best thing ever.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-23, 11:57 AM
In the same holiday spirit tgva8889 seems to be enjoying, I have a spare Virtuoso Victini. Speaking of Virtuoso Victini, I have a dilema. The Victini I'm soft resetting for, has 31 Atk IVs, 31 SpA IVs and 31 SpD IVs ... But it's docile and it's other IVs are in the teens. I don't keep this, right?

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-23, 01:52 PM
While it is best to have a good nature and good IVs, it is generally better to have a good nature and poor IVs than it is to have a poor nature and good IVs, pretty much.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-23, 02:24 PM
While it is best to have a good nature and good IVs, it is generally better to have a good nature and poor IVs than it is to have a poor nature and good IVs, pretty much.

Yeah, I dumped it. Docile isn't really good.

Aotrs Commander
2011-12-23, 03:13 PM
So, there is a slim chance I'll be getting Pearl and/or Platinum at Christmas (they got moved quite high up my list, given the complete and total lack of any new games I'm interested in), and having thoroughly corrupted by six-year old neice with Black (harhar), I'm starting to finalise my teams for the run-throughs of White and SoulSilver (which I have got but haven't really touched yet), and those two aforementioned by extension (them being the last games of gen III-V that I haven't got yet.)

My main dilemma at the moment, is planning a water-type for White(mostly for surf, because I like to have Surf and Fly omnipresent in my primary teams, as I can't be arsed to keep changing out HM slaves...).

Each run-through of a game, I like to have something different (I'm starting to struggle a bit with Flyers at this stage!) (Well, I say that, I do have a few old favourites I've used more than once, but even so...)

Theoretically, I have access to everything from gen II onwards (my Gen III LeafGreen Pokedex is complete bar the Charmander and Treeko lines (which I'm preparing for in FireRed and Emerald), Kabuto (FireRed again, I think), Ho-oH (which I'm eventually going to swipe from Colloseum) and the event legendaries, though my Gen IV stuff isn't quite there yet. (Though some of the pain will be taken out by the Pal Park - ditto for Gen V, of course...!)

However, I'm trying to mostly keep to the current generation stuff, as it is the newer stuff.

My current nominal team for White would consist of the following so far.

Current:Tepig (got; I bought White ages ago, mainly so that I could get a second Victini that I could potentally trade up generations, yes, I know, I'm that sad...!)

Nominal:Braviary and Zorua (if I can cadge them off the net, once I've actually knobbled the elite four in Black to trade in. And, yes, I know I can get Rufflet in White, but I want to start with one relatively early! And I don't know if there will be a third game to Black and White. Though if my google search is any indication, I might as well hold off until January as it may be annouced then, I dunno...)

Solosis

AN Water type. As I say, this is where I'm having my biggest problem. There aren't too many decent water-types (hell there are't many water-types, period!) in Black and White. So currently I'm trying to work out which is better out of Jellicent or Simipour. Simipour is strictly better statwise from my typical hit-them-repeatedly-brute-force stratagies, but Jellicent does have the ghost-type advantage. (I'm also having to bear in mind what I might want to use in Pearl (I'll be using Piplup in Platinum), which is why I'm not looking too hard at prior gens for the moment.) What do you reckon?

Maybes
Prankster Cottonee (or Prankster Murkrow) for paralysing for capture
Emolga (I know, but I likes me my (special) electric types and Tynamo looks like too much hard work for the run-through. Plus Acrobatics is awesome!)
Sewaddle

My prior game team primaries, I.e. the things I'd rather not use again, consist of:

LeafGreen: Venasaur, Pikachu (don't judge me! He does even have a Lightball now!), Pidgeott, Alakazam, Vaporeon and Blaziken (in the final line-up)

FireRed: Charizard, Rapidash, Parasect (I know, I know, I just wanted Spore, and this was the last game of Gen III I started!), Blastoise, Alakazam (with a different set of moves, this time all the elemental punches plus psychic, because you could do that in III...!), Venusaur (because I really like the Gen I starters - blame Ash Ketchum, all I can say...)

Colosseum: Espeon, Meganium, Entei, Misdreavus, Ampharos, Quagsire

Gale of Darkness: Jolteon, Flygon, Lunatone, Arbok, Ursaring, Walrein

Sapphire: Blaziken, Pelipper, Aggron, Raichu, Sharpedo, Beautifly (for easy Stun Spore)

Ruby: Swampert, Crotbat, Breloom, Alakazam (yes, again...!), Manectric, Camerupt

Emerald: Sceptile, Seviper, Whiscash, Sableye, Typhlosion, Swellow

Diamond: Infernape, Staravia, Bibarel, Beautifly, Dialga, Luxray

HeartGold: Feraligator, Arcanine, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Scyther, Ampharos

Black: Samurott, Archeos, Exadrill, Victini, Gavantula, Krookodile (who will be replaced by a stunning max SA IV Litwick evolution for the post-E4 half of the game; she was so good, I decided that I wasn't going to waste her and I'd never get one as good in White).

Pearl (projected) Turtwig

Platinum (projected) Piplup

SoulSilver: Chikorita, Driftloon (traded in from Dimanond=>HG=>SS), Horsea (ditto)

Terry576
2011-12-23, 04:27 PM
GRAH INCOHERENT RAGE

I can't find my copy of Diamond.

Which has a shiny Metagross, Flygon, Salamence, and Tyranitar. It has all my pokemon from my old Emerald game, which were childhood memories of joy. It has Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Giratina, Heatran, Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Mew.

It held all my battle teams. It had like 3 Garchomps, 2 Salamences, my Dragonite, pretty much every starter from every generation ever, and had around 400 pokemon caught.

And now I can't find it. :smalleek::smallannoyed:

Meaning that I will refuse to create a new file on Soul Silver until I do find it, as that will be the only way I can conceivably move the Shiny Pidgey and Cyndaquil the game had before I got it onto my "zomguber" file. :smallfurious:

I'm pretty annoyed by this event. That game had like 100~120 hours logged on it, and now it has VANISHED FROM MEEEE

In other news, I completed the Maingame for Pokemon Black.

STATS AM I RITE:

Name: Touko
Time: 29:42
Pokedex: 149

FINAL TEAM:

Smugleaf: Lv.52, Serperior. Bashful Nature. Strength, Giga Drain, Leaf Blade, Coil.

Glass: Lv. 47, Archeops. Hardy Nature. Acrobatics, U-turn, Rock Slide, Fly.

I regret having glass instead of that water guy. I had no water types throughout the ENTIRE GAME

Megiddo: Lv.54, Haxorus. Adamant Nature (Traded from a friend~) Dragon Claw, Slash, Dragon Tail, Swords Dance.

He was the best sweeper of all time ever. :smallsmile:

Hitsugaya: Lv.54, Lucario. Adamant Nature (Same friend!) Swords Dance, Brick Break, Poison Jab, Aura Sphere.

the star: Lv.51, Chandelure. Modest Nature. Shadow Ball, Flame Burst, Fire Blast, Hex.

I kinda wanna restart and play again. :smallsmile: It was really fun.

tgva8889
2011-12-23, 05:37 PM
If you'd like some of my new line of Awesome IV Guys, please provide some trade offers for my full boxes! :smallwink:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-23, 06:13 PM
I can get a 31 Atk IV Bagon for you, if you want.

breakdownjason
2011-12-23, 06:38 PM
31 Def IV 31 HP IV, Bold Nature DW Natu? He's a beast even in the Subway if you run him as a Dual Screener. :smallbiggrin:

TSED
2011-12-24, 01:54 AM
My current nominal team for White would consist of the following so far.

Current:Tepig (got; I bought White ages ago, mainly so that I could get a second Victini that I could potentally trade up generations, yes, I know, I'm that sad...!)

Ewww. Emboar is grody and dumb. You did just kind of point out the reason I think Oshawott is the best starter by far in gen5, though.

Nominal:Braviary and Zorua (if I can cadge them off the net, once I've actually knobbled the elite four in Black to trade in. And, yes, I know I can get Rufflet in White, but I want to start with one relatively early! And I don't know if there will be a third game to Black and White. Though if my google search is any indication, I might as well hold off until January as it may be annouced then, I dunno...)

I can help you out with a braviary / rufflet AND a zorua. I haven't bred any Zoruas yet but I got ahold of one. ALSO: be aware that Golurk can learn fly, and that's it basically after you get the fly HM. He's a serious consideration, because, seriously - FLYING DEAD ROBOT!

Solosis

Always a solid choice.

AN Water type. As I say, this is where I'm having my biggest problem. There aren't too many decent water-types (hell there are't many water-types, period!) in Black and White. So currently I'm trying to work out which is better out of Jellicent or Simipour. Simipour is strictly better statwise from my typical hit-them-repeatedly-brute-force stratagies, but Jellicent does have the ghost-type advantage. (I'm also having to bear in mind what I might want to use in Pearl (I'll be using Piplup in Platinum), which is why I'm not looking too hard at prior gens for the moment.) What do you reckon?

Despite having just recommended you get a ground/ghost, I'd recommend the water/ghost on top as well. Jellicent is an absolute beast; my wild-caught with a poor IV spread jelly with no attempt at EV training whatsoever was my team's heaviest hitter until I had started breeding up pokes with >=3 IV31s and then EV training them. I haven't quite bred out a frillish I'm happy with yet (I am aiming for 31 hp, def, spa, spd, male, and water absorb - it'll take a WHILE) so I still even use that jelly in battle subway.

Very strong pokemon.

Maybes
Prankster Cottonee (or Prankster Murkrow) for paralysing for capture

Whimsicott is also pretty awesome. I could trade you a lvl1 cottonee with subseed + whatever, if you'd like, as well. I have a few spares lying around, and they're pretty cool guys.

Emolga (I know, but I likes me my (special) electric types and Tynamo looks like too much hard work for the run-through. Plus Acrobatics is awesome!)
I tried an Emolga out for a while. I was not very impressed, I'd really recommend the tynamo over it. Emolga was useful only once during the big bad boss fight, encoring earthquakes and 12HKOing the thing. Had encore/acrobatics/some screen/some elec attack. COULD be that I just had an awful Emolga build though.

Sewaddle

Never used that one.

CONSIDERATION FOR SURF:
Lillipup+ learns Surf, and Stoutland can actually be a terrifying sweeper if you build it right. So does haxorus, stunfisk, bouffalant (but you get afros way too late), and hydreigon (also a little too late). Also, I'm kind of curious how seismitoads go; I'll try one eventually.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR FLY:
Golurk! He so awesome. Also, Sigilyph is really, really, really easy to underestimate, but he can be an unstoppable juggernaut if you support it easily. I run him in almost all of my UU teams on pokemon online, and if I get a chance, the little guy sweeps like no tomorrow. I've swept 5/6ths OU and even one 4/6ths of an ubers team with it when presented with the opportunity. The rest of the fliers I can't speak about much, come way too late, or are archeops (who is awesome but you used it already).

Aotrs Commander
2011-12-24, 06:33 AM
Ewww. Emboar is grody and dumb. You did just kind of point out the reason I think Oshawott is the best starter by far in gen5, though.

Emboar is not my favourite starter, either, I'll grant you! (Especially since it's trying to muscle in on Blaziken (one of my favourites) and Monferno's territory...) But the typing is a bit better than Serperior's.

Which is why Oshawatt was the logical choice for the first run-through!

I can help you out with a braviary / rufflet AND a zorua. I haven't bred any Zoruas yet but I got ahold of one. ALSO: be aware that Golurk can learn fly, and that's it basically after you get the fly HM. He's a serious consideration, because, seriously - FLYING DEAD ROBOT!

I'm not quite in a position to start trading yet (I still have to tackle the League in Black before I start assembling my White team), but I'll bear that offer in mind!

Despite having just recommended you get a ground/ghost, I'd recommend the water/ghost on top as well. Jellicent is an absolute beast; my wild-caught with a poor IV spread jelly with no attempt at EV training whatsoever was my team's heaviest hitter until I had started breeding up pokes with >=3 IV31s and then EV training them. I haven't quite bred out a frillish I'm happy with yet (I am aiming for 31 hp, def, spa, spd, male, and water absorb - it'll take a WHILE) so I still even use that jelly in battle subway.

Very strong pokemon.

That's why I was debating, I'd heard people say Jellicent was realy good. Is it just the typing, that's the big advantage (I didn't see anything that stood out aside from a very solid set of of offensive moves from the level-ups...actually thinking about it, that is actually a really good set of STAB moves, isn't it? Far better than most water-types. And I can probably slap Shadow Ball on it from Black, too.)

I tried an Emolga out for a while. I was not very impressed, I'd really recommend the tynamo over it. Emolga was useful only once during the big bad boss fight, encoring earthquakes and 12HKOing the thing. Had encore/acrobatics/some screen/some elec attack. COULD be that I just had an awful Emolga build though.

Eeh, I had/have a Bibarel and a Beautifly in Diamond (and I used Pikachu throught LeafGreen, before you could EV train 'em properly), so I don't think it's too bad. Tynamo also comes fairly late, and it does have a long run up before you can get it to the more useful Electross. That said, given that, I can always see how Emolga is turning out, and if it's proving to be too rubbish replace it. (In Black I swapped out Blitzle for Gavantula as soon as I could (mainly because Gavantula is freaking cool than from any particular advantages...)

CONSIDERATION FOR SURF:
Lillipup+ learns Surf, and Stoutland can actually be a terrifying sweeper if you build it right. So does haxorus, stunfisk, bouffalant (but you get afros way too late), and hydreigon (also a little too late). Also, I'm kind of curious how seismitoads go; I'll try one eventually.

My main problem with that line is that I just hate the design. (I am not, as they say a dog person - certainly not a domesticated dog one, anyway.) I', aware it's quite solid, but then again, solid physical attacks are not in short supply in Black/White. (Good special attackers, which if I'm honest I prefer, just because, on the other hand, seem very thin on the ground...) I'd seriosuly considered Haxorus - or even Deino, but remembered that unlike a lot of prior versions, there isn't quite such a need for anti-dragon tactics and that it wouldn't give me much type advantages. (And also evolves quite late!)

CONSIDERATIONS FOR FLY:
Golurk! He so awesome. Also, Sigilyph is really, really, really easy to underestimate, but he can be an unstoppable juggernaut if you support it easily. I run him in almost all of my UU teams on pokemon online, and if I get a chance, the little guy sweeps like no tomorrow. I've swept 5/6ths OU and even one 4/6ths of an ubers team with it when presented with the opportunity. The rest of the fliers I can't speak about much, come way too late, or are archeops (who is awesome but you used it already).

Golruk is one I'd considered, but given I like having a flying type to hand and Braviary is unused, I figured I'd opt for that. (If there ever is a third game, Golurk is probably going to quite high on the list.) Sigilyph is another potential one, too.

Archeops is, I think, the best of this generation, and a good contender for best flyer overall, if you can just keep it away from water! I use that and Exadrill to stomp through the Subway expediently. I tend not to get miles, but I did enough to get me the EV trainers for Attack, Speed and Special Attack, which is all I tend to EV train for.

(Did I mention I'm very straight forward in tactics? Mostly because while status-to-death is effective, I like to blast through non-boss quickly, and status-to-death is a slow way to fight. (I don't play the multiplayer, so I don't need to worry about that.) I remember my Jumpfluff, way back in Gen II armed with Sleep Powder, Leechseed, something else (Megadrain?) and Headbutt. It was quite effective, but it took ages to kill something by itself, which made levelling it a pain.)

tgva8889
2011-12-24, 07:04 AM
I can get a 31 Atk IV Bagon for you, if you want.

31 Def IV 31 HP IV, Bold Nature DW Natu? He's a beast even in the Subway if you run him as a Dual Screener. :smallbiggrin:

Either of these are acceptable! Please let me know which of the 4 offered Pokemon you would like and which Berry you would like to request!

breakdownjason
2011-12-24, 09:55 AM
Either of these are acceptable! Please let me know which of the 4 offered Pokemon you would like and which Berry you would like to request!

Prankster Murkrow would be amazing (preferably female if possible). I love me some dark types and Murkrow has been one of my absolute favorites since gen 2, and now it even has an awesome ability. I am pleased with this generation. I'm usually available from around 8:15 AM to 8:45 AM CST (not this weekend obviously but I should be back to my normal schedule around Wednesday or Thursday of next week).

tgva8889
2011-12-24, 09:57 AM
I can't make Prankster Murkows until I get rid of my boxes full of the 4 Pokemon that I actually offered.

breakdownjason
2011-12-24, 10:04 AM
Ah, my bad. A 31 HP IV Solosis would work just as well for me then. Preferably Magic Guard if possible. Also if anyone wants anything else bred up for them, I recently got the best Pokemon christmas present of all time. A perfect Ditto :smallbiggrin:. So I can guarantee at least 2 31 IV's and since I have a lot of competetive ready mons I can likely guarantee decent egg moves as well.

tgva8889
2011-12-24, 10:05 AM
Oh the things my breeding operations would do for a Perfect Ditto. Lucky, lucky you!

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-24, 12:17 PM
I'd like that Timburr holding a Speed Reducing Berry, please. Guess I have to get to breeding that Bagon now. Oh, it'll be Adamant BTW, unless you don't want it to be, for some reason...

EDIT: Also my availability may not be the best, I can't get on WiFi at my mom's house, but sometime shortly after New Years will work with me. :smallsmile:

Foeofthelance
2011-12-24, 02:24 PM
So, is Axew worth raising Pre-elite 4? Ive just gotten the sixth badge in white, and the current team consists of Mamoswine, Throh, Samurott, Musharna, and Houndoom. I picked up an Axew and am now trying to decide whether its worth the extra grind, considering the EXP shifts. I have the Lucky Egg, but that only helps so much...

breakdownjason
2011-12-24, 02:26 PM
So, how about a quick RMT before I head off for the holidays?

Infernape
Naive Nature
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Blaze
Focus Sash

Fake Out
Stealth Rock
Close Combat
Fire Blast

Suicide lead. Fake Out turn one, set up SR on the next and then hopefully hit hard with a blaze boosted Fire Blast. The nature and IV's are set to make Infernape as fast as possible.

Salamence
Naive Nature
116 Atk / 216 SpAtk / 176 Spe
Moxie
Life Orb

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
EQ
Dragon Claw

MoxieMence is, imo, the superior ability for the mixed set. Switch in on something that you know you can take out (LO boosted Draco Meteor does a TON of damage) and proceed to sweep with moxie boosts. (It hurts to lose Roost to heal LO damage, but the pure power of this mixed set makes it a worthwhile tradeoff.)

Jellicent
Calm nature
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
Water Absorb
Leftovers

Recover
Taunt
Toxic
Scald

Utility Jellicent. Good bulk and very useful resistances.

Xatu
Bold Nature
252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpDef
Magic Bounce
Light Clay

Roost
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic

Magic Bounce dual screener. Defenses split to maximize survivability.

Ampharos
Modest Nature
176 HP / 80 Def / 252 SAtk
Static
Air Balloon

Heal Bell
Cotton Guard
HP (Ice)
Thunderbolt

A bulky cleric set focused on surviving physical hits. Pseudo Bolt Beam coverage definitely helps and switching him in on Ground types is lolzy when he drops a Supereffective HP on them.

Haxorus
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Mold Breaker
Choice Band

Brick Break
Dual Chop
EQ
Outrage

The preeminent sweeper on my team. Haxorus hits harder than just about anything else in the OU tier right now and a banded Outrage will OHKO or 2HKO just about everything.

So, thoughts on this team? I know it's got a few weaknesses, but with screen support and a partial immunity to entry hazards via Magic Bounce I think it'll perform ok.

Mando Knight
2011-12-24, 02:41 PM
So, is Axew worth raising Pre-elite 4? Ive just gotten the sixth badge in white, and the current team consists of Mamoswine, Throh, Samurott, Musharna, and Houndoom. I picked up an Axew and am now trying to decide whether its worth the extra grind, considering the EXP shifts. I have the Lucky Egg, but that only helps so much...

Haxorus is a boss. Sure, it may be fragile, but it hits like a truck and may have Mold Breaker (Rivalry usually isn't worth it).

ShinyRocks
2011-12-26, 03:07 PM
Just beat Cynthia on my Pearl replay. I managed to do it even though my highest mon was 53 (only 51 at the start of the Elite Four) and she's all 60s. Grinding in Pearl is a nightmare, and I'm glad that I'd given up trying to Nuzlocke it.

The sports arenas in Black/White are so much better for grinding. Trainer mons in the 50s and 60s and you get pokedollars and sometimes free stuff.

Illven
2011-12-26, 03:10 PM
Just beat Cynthia on my Pearl replay. I managed to do it even though my highest mon was 53 (only 51 at the start of the Elite Four) and she's all 60s. Grinding in Pearl is a nightmare, and I'm glad that I'd given up trying to Nuzlocke it.

The sports arenas in Black/White are so much better for grinding. Trainer mons in the 50s and 60s and you get pokedollars and sometimes free stuff.

Grinding in HG/SS is also horrible. It gets worse as you go on.

arguskos
2011-12-26, 04:27 PM
God don't I know it. There's zero high level areas to grind on, what's that about?!

The only one worth anything is Mt. Silver, and by the time you unlock it, you've beaten Blue, who basically REQUIRES lv 60s to handle. Doesn't help that Kanto is completely worthless for training. :smallyuk:

TSED
2011-12-26, 04:42 PM
Are you guys SURE about this "requiring" bit? I mean, I only have limited experience with actual campaigns (sapphire + white are the only two I've actually finished), but I destroyed them both with vastly underleveled but well-built teams.

I mean, in the rematch with E4 + Alder in White, I basically swept Alder's level 75ish team with a level 50-55 Chandelure (it leveled up a lot). Similar stories for most of the E4, though I definitely had some trouble with the fighting guy.

What I'm basically saying is "why do you NEED level 60s?" It doesn't quite make sense to me, though I suppose it's possible that the HG/SS champ had a lot more balance in his team. (Three pokes weak to fire? Aww yeah. Plenty of time to set up minimizes? Awwwwwwwww yeah.)

Illven
2011-12-26, 04:50 PM
What I'm basically saying is "why do you NEED level 60s?" It doesn't quite make sense to me, though I suppose it's possible that the HG/SS champ had a lot more balance in his team. (Three pokes weak to fire? Aww yeah. Plenty of time to set up minimizes? Awwwwwwwww yeah.)

Blue isn't the champion he's the Kanto eighth leader. The only type he uses twice is flying, all of his other pokemon are different types.

And with Red it's the same only the doubled type is Water.

ShinyRocks
2011-12-26, 04:54 PM
I didn't even bother with the end of HeartGold. Grinding to the 80s to fight Red? No thanks.

I just stuck to owning the Battle Hall with my Specs Togekiss.

arguskos
2011-12-26, 05:01 PM
Blue isn't the champion he's the Kanto eighth leader. The only type he uses twice is flying, all of his other pokemon are different types.

To expound on this, Blue's team is pretty well built, has no major weaknesses, and he plays fairly intelligently. You need good levels and smart play to handle him (same with Red, though Red is just so incredibly overleveled it's silly).

TSED
2011-12-26, 05:04 PM

Hmmm. According to bulbapedia, Blue isn't that scary looking. A fast strong phys attacker with earthquake + rockwhatever = 4/6ths of his team gone (but watch out for that exeggutor!). Honestly, rock covers half the team by itself.

For Lance (the HG/SS champion, correct?), all you have to do is... ice. Get something bulky to pass some speed boosts or something. 2 pokes are neutral to it and 4 are x4 weak; the 2 that are neutral can be hit super effectively by electricity.

It's hard to say without playing it, but I really don't see it needing level 60s. For the record, I went into the E4 / champion rematch in white completely blind, and while I did a few soft resets on the fighting guy (only team I needed to know better) I kind of rofflestomped them. Meh. EV training is the bomb, I guess.

EDIT:: Whoops, nope. Talking about Red. Ok, yeah, would need level ~60-65s to keep up with his 80s, I can agree there. Electricity deals with 1/2 of his team, though, and I imagine a fighting type with earthquake could take out snorlax and pikachu. Venusaur's awkward because it covers a lot of weaknesses the rest of the team needs help with, and has a pretty good move set to compliment its bulk. Still, I wouldn't be too intimidated by it.

Terry576
2011-12-26, 05:11 PM
Grinding in HG/SS is easy!

>uses the 8x EXP code

:smalltongue:

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-26, 05:16 PM
Lessee... Looks like if you can take out Snorlax and Charizard, you should be able to chip away the rest of Red's team with Shedinja. :smalltongue:

Starwulf
2011-12-26, 05:24 PM

God don't I know it. There's zero high level areas to grind on, what's that about?!

The only one worth anything is Mt. Silver, and by the time you unlock it, you've beaten Blue, who basically REQUIRES lv 60s to handle. Doesn't help that Kanto is completely worthless for training. :smallyuk:

Hmm, I never had that much trouble grinding for levels. By the time I beat Red, most of my Mons were high 60's, low 70's(with one of them 78 actually). Just beat up on the Final Four over and over and over again. I did that the first time I beat them, was good exp beating up on them repeatedly.

oh, also, there are always the rematches, THOSE are REAAAALLLLY nice for exp and money. Once you get all the trainers phone #'s, when you call them for the rematch, beat up on em, then just leave the building and call and ask for another rematch. You can fight the same Gym Leader over and over and over again until their time that they like to duel you is over(usually several hours). You can grind 5-10 levels for each of your mons on one trainer. I'm really not seeing how grinding in HG/SS is all that hard, honestly.

tgva8889
2011-12-26, 06:10 PM
Lessee... Looks like if you can take out Snorlax and Charizard, you should be able to chip away the rest of Red's team with Shedinja. :smalltongue:

It's Hailing during the fight, so no dice.

Red was fun, I did it at around level 70. The Grind wasn't that bad, as I did it by accident by fighting almost every fight on the way there, and I did a lot of exploring before I fought him. It's really not that bad, I almost never have level problems playing the game that way.

Basically, after defeating the first 8 Gym Leaders, I fought the Elite 4, then defeated the Kanto 8, then defeated the Elite 4 again, then I was high enough level that Red could be defeated with use of Hyper Potions and Full Restores, of which by this point you should have more than enough. Assuming you do all the storyline events in between and you complete all the events, you should be fine.

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-26, 06:19 PM
Rats, that wasn't mentioned. Can you just Sunny Day/Rain Dance that away, or does it just pick up again afterwards if you do that? :smallyuk: Yeah, I skipped HGSS. Something about Diamond Dust, too? I don't know.

tgva8889
2011-12-26, 06:27 PM
They do a pretty good job of making fights cheese-proof.

Mando Knight
2011-12-26, 06:55 PM
Rats, that wasn't mentioned. Can you just Sunny Day/Rain Dance that away, or does it just pick up again afterwards if you do that? :smallyuk: Yeah, I skipped HGSS. Something about Diamond Dust, too? I don't know.

The hail is just the initial weather effect (same as if someone pulled out an Abomasnow on the first turn). Changing the weather would work. Fighting on Diamond Dust days means that you don't get the hail at all.

Mystic Muse
2011-12-27, 01:16 AM
Would anybody here be willing to Trade me a Kabuto and a Ponyta egg? I'm trying to get together a very particular team. Also, I'd like to trade my kadabra and then get her back so she'll evolve.

Soul Silver, And I can't seem to remember where to find my friend code...

NineThePuma
2011-12-27, 01:18 AM
It's in your Pal Pad.

Mystic Muse
2011-12-27, 01:36 AM
Where does one find that? ^^;

Blargh. Ran out of battery. Be back in around 30 minutes.

NineThePuma
2011-12-27, 01:40 AM
Key item pocket.

Mystic Muse
2011-12-27, 02:18 AM
Key item pocket.

Ah. Apparetly I had to go to the trading area to get it. My bad.

2323 0046 5787

Lord Raziere
2011-12-27, 08:01 PM
Funny story…

I capture a Throh whom I named Mr. T, in Pokemon White, teach him Rock Smash, go use him to try and win me my second gym leader match. but I was smart, saved him for last so that he wouldn't be ko'd early.

so I proceed to throw half my pokemon at the gym leader's Herdier and they got ko'd, but then I use my pidgeon, whom I named Polly to quick attack the Herdier thus defeating the Herdier, but only after the Herdier reduced my Polly down to 6 hp with Take Down.

Now the gym leader sent out the evil red squirrel, can't remember the name, I send out Mr. T, things are going good, Mr. T seems to be winning, but then the evil red squirrel ko'd Mr. T.

So now with four of my pokemon defeated and my Polly at 6 hp, I decided to say "screw it" and sent out Polly to try and weaken the evil squirrel so that hopefully my leaf monkey could defeat the evil squirrel after Polly got ko'd.

but then when Polly ko'd the evil squirrel that was like, four levels above Polly with a quick attack, Polly then proceeded to gain two levels thus winning me my second gym leader match, with my now level 18 pidgeon who is now higher level than the rest of my party.
while said pidgeon was at 6 hp.

my pidgeon is badass :smallcool:

NineThePuma
2011-12-27, 11:16 PM
Best Pidgeon ever

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-28, 02:14 AM
Yeah, mine pulled the same sort of thing out against Team Emolga.

I finally figured out how to dump my Black save to my computer, so if they're not going to release a storage app, I'm just going to rig up my own thing here.

:smalleek: Holy cow my Archeops had 29 Attack and 30 Speed IVs and I didn't even know it. Sadly, it's a Docile nature (No change).

Oh for the love of- My Shedinja had a 31 HP IV. :smallannoyed:

Golurk: 19/28/28/31/29/29. Sassy, so it's not too hot, but dang this thing is going to have babies.

Latios: 11/7/0/0/0/0. :smallfrown:

NineThePuma
2011-12-28, 02:22 AM
XD

Shedinja can breed tho, right? IIRC, it's in the Mineral group, so you can still use that.

Ryuho Tsugu
2011-12-28, 02:35 AM
Latios: 11/7/0/0/0/0. :smallfrown:

Latias and Latios caught as roamers in RS had 0s in all but HP and Attack. I don't know about Emerald or that special encounter, though.

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-28, 02:42 AM
Shedinja can breed tho, right? IIRC, it's in the Mineral group, so you can still use that.
Yeah, but like Golurk, Shedinja's genderless, so the breeding applications are limited. That said, unlike Golurk, that still means he can pass it on to Nincada, so I can at least get that out of its egg group.

Latias and Latios caught as roamers in RS had 0s in all but HP and Attack. I don't know about Emerald or that special encounter, though.
Oh, yeah! I had completely forgot about that quirk.

ShinyRocks
2011-12-28, 07:05 AM
Well, that's nice. I was catching Dittos in Pearl but got bored after three. One was Hardy (eh), but one was Adamant, and one was Modest.

Qwertystop
2011-12-28, 02:37 PM
Yeah, but like Golurk, Shedinja's genderless, so the breeding applications are limited. That said, unlike Golurk, that still means he can pass it on to Nincada, so I can at least get that out of its egg group.

Yeah, Shedinja + Ditto to make a Nincada, which can then pass it as normal.

ShinyRocks
2011-12-28, 04:09 PM
Oh, thank Arceus for idly browsing Bulbapedia. Else I wouldn't have realised that V-Create Victini got a European distribution.

Now to keep soft resetting the delivery man for a good nature.

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-28, 07:06 PM
Hey, I know a topic or two back someone was talking about getting a Connectify for Mac type thing working for them. Here's what you need to do to do that (http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20051119155606277), so if you have a Mac with a wired net connection and a wireless connection, you can use your wireless connection as a WEP bridge to the wired connection.

NineThePuma
2011-12-29, 04:21 PM
Hey, I know a topic or two back someone was talking about getting a Connectify for Mac type thing working for them. Here's what you need to do to do that (http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20051119155606277), so if you have a Mac with a wired net connection and a wireless connection, you can use your wireless connection as a WEP bridge to the wired connection.

OMG, THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU FOR EVER AND EVERS.

EDIT: and then it doesn't work right =\

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-29, 07:01 PM
How so? I had it working with my mac and network yesterday, at what point are things going wrong?

NineThePuma
2011-12-29, 07:21 PM
I keep getting 51300 and 51301 errors, but I eventually said **** it and redid my entire network security for an hour. x3

Terry576
2011-12-30, 07:17 AM
So, I'm in the Postgame for Black now. And I JUST realized I have to rebuild my entire team. (or at least most of it). :smallsigh:

I picked up a Tynamo so I finally have Electric type coverage, and I'm cruising around Route 1 to try and pick up a Milotic.

Current Team:

Serperior Lv. 55, Bashful. Walls like a champ.

Haxorus Lv.57, Adamant. He's my Swords Dance guy, and sweeps everyone with little trouble.

Chandelure: Lv.55, Modest. She's another sweeper, but until I get Flamethrower her moves are kind of out there. Fire Blast is nice and all, but Flame Burst doesn't do amazing damage.

Tynamo: Lv.28, Gentle. She's just kind of meandering around right now, I'm switch training her on Super Rod catches. Around Level 50 I'll use my Thunderstone on her.

I think I might go get Dokky the Rotom on my team, just because Rotom is pretty rad. But I still need a Flying-Type (Archeops why did I pick you over the turtle. You suck.), and a good one at that, because I refuse to give up a slot to carry around a slave for the entire Post-Game, considering that I have to grind to like Level 70. :smallsigh: I might throw out my starter, because as useful as Serperior was he can't be of much help to me in the postgame, which damn near requires you to be able to hit fast and hard. I might catch Tornadus, he's been flying around and seems pretty good.

I really wish Eevee was catchable in the Wild. Ah well, if I really want a Vaporeon I should just find my Diamond cartridge, which had a Wishporeon from breeding shenanigans.

So guys, can you recommend anything I can catch in the wild during the postgame to add to my team? I'm looking for water types, flying types, and anything else that might be good. :smallsmile:

NineThePuma
2011-12-30, 08:31 AM
Go catch them wild dragomites

Terry576
2011-12-30, 11:57 AM
But I have Axeface. :smallconfused: Adamant Axeface no less.

ShinyRocks
2011-12-30, 12:13 PM
As far as I remember the only flying type worth a damn in Generation V is Braviary. I think I've got some spare Rufflets to trade, though my time's a bit erratic at the moment so you might want to ask around?

I don't think there're many good Water types either. I took Oshawott, so... You can get Staryu and Starmie in Route 13. Starmie is good for hitting hard and fast, I guess.

You can get the Magikarp from the guy on the bridge and thus a Gyarados. (I must have reset about fifty times before I got an Adamant female from him.)

I'd say Swanna to cover both water and flying, but clearly that's absurd because Swanna sucks biscuits.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-30, 12:43 PM
Mandibuzz > Braviary 8 days a week. And I love Braviary.

ShinyRocks
2011-12-30, 12:48 PM
How do you run it? Bulky with Nasty Plot?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-30, 01:00 PM
Huh? Oh, no I wasn't talking competitive. Just, like, for fun. Braviary and Mandibuzz both suck for competitive.

ShinyRocks
2011-12-30, 01:11 PM
Oh, I know. But Mandibuzz's attack stats are so low I was just wondering how it would work even in non-competitive. Then I thought Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Air Slash and Fly. Because I outright refuse to run without Fly.

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-30, 01:16 PM
Going by Smogon Tiering, Sigilyph's a step above Mandibuzz and Braviary if your criteria is "Just a stupid flying type." Kinda a wash to give it Fly, though.

ShinyRocks
2011-12-30, 01:20 PM
I secretly really really like Swoobat.

TSED
2011-12-30, 02:04 PM
Mandibuzz: Bulky with toxic = $$$. Protect / sub spam. I'd use mean look or roost, but eh, there's your fly (or drop protect - bulk mandies can sometimes have subs not break!).

Sigilyph: ARE SO AMAZING. My favourite poke. Life orb sets are outclassed by reuniclus, so that's probably a wash, but psycho shift / cosmic power / stored power / roost with a flame orb? $$$$$$$. Of course, that means no room for fly...

Braviary: never looked into it, never tried. No idea how good it is.

Unfezant: ehhh. Never looked into it, but seriously, they kind of suck.

Swoobat: it's not bad, but I don't like them. I just miss zubats too much when I see them.

Golurk: as I mentioned to another guy, golurk can fly. Golurks are slow, but golurks are also seven kinds of awesome?

Archeops: are actually awesome, what are you talking about? Way better than that silly carracosta.

Hydreigon: need to get to high level, but there you are?

Volcarona: what a waste of a volcarona.

I tend to avoid legendaries because their builds are not mutable at all. If you decide you want a bulky _____ instead of an offensive one, welp, you're screwed. (Other pokes you can breed up one or whatever).

Mando Knight
2011-12-30, 04:01 PM
But I have Axeface. :smallconfused: Adamant Axeface no less.

And your point is?

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-30, 09:12 PM
He's probably getting at the fact that if he gets another Dragomite or two or four, his Dragon Litter costs are going to increase exponentially.

Terry576
2011-12-31, 12:19 AM
Also I tier what dragons I like to use. It goes:

Garchomp> Salamence > Axeface > Dragonite.

Garchomp is my bestest friend and I will love him forever.

Dragonite is kinda the black sheep in my dragon-friends. I don't really like him, but I don't love him either.

I think I'll try and catch a Milotic in Route 1. (5% Chance god dammit) while I grind up Tynamo to actually be worth a damn. :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2011-12-31, 12:34 AM
Dragonite is kinda the black sheep in my dragon-friends. I don't really like him, but I don't love him either.
...What's not to like? Dragonite gets Multiscale, a huge movepool that includes ExtremeSpeed (though only through the HGSS Dragon Elder's Dratini), Roost and two of the elemental punches as level up moves, and the stat spread to use it all. On top of that, it's freaking adorable.

Terry576
2011-12-31, 12:51 AM
Because it looks like a derp.

I prefer my dragons to be Not A Derp. :smalltongue:

And I have horrendous luck with the Dream World stuff. Like, "dear god Terry, are you incompetent or just an idiot?" level luck.

AND NOW BACK TO FINDING MILOTIC

OracleofWuffing
2011-12-31, 03:27 AM
Whelp.

Now it is irrevocably in my head that Derpy Hooves has a Dragonite with the same facial expression.

I'm guessing the other pokemon would include Stunfisk and Slowbro. Then maybe Rapidash and Keldeo, 'cause recursion.

Augmental
2011-12-31, 09:38 AM
Well, I got a 3DS for Christmas, and it can use wifi, unlike my old one. Now I can get a V-Create Victini... if I hadn't lost my Pokemon White cartridge. Now it's the final day I can get it, and I have a 3DS that could get it, but I can't get it because I lost my game. :smallfurious:

Never mind, I found it and got my victini. :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2012-01-01, 01:32 AM
Whelp.

Now it is irrevocably in my head that Derpy Hooves has a Dragonite with the same facial expression.

I'm guessing the other pokemon would include Stunfisk and Slowbro. Then maybe Rapidash and Keldeo, 'cause recursion.

And round that out with Dunsparce. Very few Pokémon are as derp like the dunce.

Mystic Muse
2012-01-01, 01:35 AM
Would anybody be willing me to trade a kabuto egg and a Ponyta egg? Please?

Friend code

2323 0046 5787

Playing Soul Silver.

NineThePuma
2012-01-01, 07:56 AM
I think I'm going to drop my current White run and instead do something different. I'm just not feeling it right now for some reason. =\

Aotrs Commander
2012-01-01, 11:20 AM
Oh, thank Arceus for idly browsing Bulbapedia. Else I wouldn't have realised that V-Create Victini got a European distribution.

Now to keep soft resetting the delivery man for a good nature.

DUDE.

THANK YOU.

I was about to spit venom something rotten (having been Pokemoning all Christmas, only on gen IV and not knowing about that), but I just tried Mystery Gift on the off chance and thank FRAG, I was able to download it.

I mean, it's not like I don't have one already (from the last release), and other for White, but a third with unholy crap those moves is always nice!

*smack*

I is teh stupids. I almost forgot to download to my White game as well then!

(I've also just phoned my six-year old niece (well her Dad) and if they can get on the net (depending on their wireless encryption - I have to use a dongle myself), with a bit of luck, she might be able to get one too.)

Take a soggy biscuit and go to the top of the class that man!

Doin' well today on the Pokemon front, since I just bought Platinum (the last main game in the last three generations I don't have yet) from ebay, new, from Hong Kong for the princely sum of a tenner.

Anyway, my actual reason for coming to the thread today was to ask what the workload to time is for gen up IV to V? I know it's more than III to IV but how much more difficult (I mean it is like tedious or modestly difficult to play the minigame, bearing in mind I am the sort of person that sucks at minigames...)

I've just started moving my Gen III stuff to IV (for easy Pokedex filling) in anger (mostly from my all-bar-the-shouting completed LeafGreen Pokedex to my HeartGold), but I'm intending (when I actually reach the post-game of Black) to do the same from HG to Black.

NineThePuma
2012-01-01, 11:46 AM
It's irritating, but it's also surprisingly addicting. I wish they wouldn't have a "try to get X" way of doing it, but in practice it works really well.

ShinyRocks
2012-01-01, 12:23 PM
DUDE.

THANK YOU.

Take a soggy biscuit and go to the top of the class that man!

I've just started moving my Gen III stuff to IV (for easy Pokedex filling) in anger (mostly from my all-bar-the-shouting completed LeafGreen Pokedex to my HeartGold), but I'm intending (when I actually reach the post-game of Black) to do the same from HG to Black.

You're ... welcome? I'm not sure about my reward, but I appreciate the thought.

I've moved a hella lot across to HeartGold, but haven't got the second DS to allow transfer from that to White. I might just wait to move them across to the inevitable Grey. Plus my Pearl replay ones, including all the legendaries. Pearl has a lot of legendaries.

I was about to see if I could force myself to do a Nuzlocke on my old Ruby cart, but the internal battery has died, which means no clock-based events. Which I guess doesn't really matter much...

Starwulf
2012-01-01, 04:41 PM
DUDE.
Doin' well today on the Pokemon front, since I just bought Platinum (the last main game in the last three generations I don't have yet) from ebay, new, from Hong Kong for the princely sum of a tenner.

I really hate to be a downer on your happiness post, but, well, Congratulations, You just(very likely) bought a counterfeit cartridge. I used to buy games from Hong Kong, until I realized that every game I was getting from there was not of the same quality. Then I did some reading, and found out that it is apparently legal to copy games over there and sell them(ie: counterfeiting). Even if it says brand new in box, it likely isn't the original game, but a copy of it put into an original case and then shrink-wrapped. If you want non-counterfeit you need to buy from the States or Europe.

Aotrs Commander
2012-01-01, 05:46 PM
I really hate to be a downer on your happiness post, but, well, Congratulations, You just(very likely) bought a counterfeit cartridge. I used to buy games from Hong Kong, until I realized that every game I was getting from there was not of the same quality. Then I did some reading, and found out that it is apparently legal to copy games over there and sell them(ie: counterfeiting). Even if it says brand new in box, it likely isn't the original game, but a copy of it put into an original case and then shrink-wrapped. If you want non-counterfeit you need to buy from the States or Europe.

We'll see. (I did notice several rather more dubious looking ones, so it wasn't like I wasn't aware of the possibility.) It was from a highly rated seller, as in one with very positive feedback (over a thousand over twelve months, which is at least not that easy to fake), so I figured it stood a fair chance of being reasonable (and I have bought games from places like PlayAsia in the past which have been perfectly legitimate). It also has a returns accepted policy, so it seemed about as legit as anywhere on ebay. (Game UK had apparently been selling off Gen IV games at only Ł8, but stunningly, they'd already sold out.) So I figured, for a tenner including P&P, you pays your money and takes your chances.

Terry576
2012-01-02, 12:00 AM
That's what happened to my Soul Silver. I bought it while in Beijing, on vacation.

It worked perfectly until just after Vermillion, then I got "LOLYOURSAVEISCORRUPTED" :smalleek:

I had a Garchomp, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Gengar, and some other overpowered bull. But still it was sad for me. :smallfrown:

Starwulf
2012-01-02, 11:40 PM
That's what happened to my Soul Silver. I bought it while in Beijing, on vacation.

It worked perfectly until just after Vermillion, then I got "LOLYOURSAVEISCORRUPTED" :smalleek:

I had a Garchomp, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Gengar, and some other overpowered bull. But still it was sad for me. :smallfrown:

Yeah, I won't buy anything that comes from China anymore, I've had multiple games go belly-up and a few that wouldn't even play immediately after getting them. The thing is, even the sellers from China that have high feedbacks, if you look closely enough, a lot of that feedback is either from people in China, who obviously know the game is almost certainly a copy of it, and don't care, or are people with lower amounts of feedback(ie: newbies to E-bay), and were obviously just after one or two certain games and obviously got suckered by the incredibly low price that was being offered by the Chinese sellers. If you want quality, stay away from Sellers based in China on E-bay.

Aotrs Commander
2012-01-03, 02:03 PM
Well, if said game doesn't immediately convince me it's genuine (and after what you all said I'm going to be a even more circumspect on that issue than I was going to be and I was going to be fairly careful...) I'll see if I can't get them to either refund (which they might well do, on the basis it's better for their publicity) and/or report them to ebay if not.

I've had a few good deals out of Hong Kong before, though which is why I had been more inclined to go for it (the best one being some replacment headphones for my PSP at a quid, including P&P, and my Dad has had some very good buggy kites from that end of the world.)

Changing the subject completely, Dream World Hippopotas, female, and only on the second soft reload, Lonely with max attack IV. Not bad, not bad... Considering how many attempts it took to get a passable-natured/IV'd Victini on Sunday... (Okay, her speed IV is dreadful, but still... Not like I play competatively or anything.)

boj0
2012-01-03, 03:02 PM
Hooray for my sister's netbook! :smallsmile:

Ugh, not having my laptop for PO has been a drag, and my lack of Playground is upsetting. Without PO I have had to resort to...playing the actual game :smalleek: How do you people live with chain breeding and move tutors and that loathsome 4th to 5th Gen transfer?

I caught me an Adamant Moxie Scraggy, then realized that Drain Punch, Ice Punch and Dragon Dance are all Egg moves :smallfrown: Finally traded over my Hitmonchan from HG (which took 30 minutes, I am not joking) bred for a Timburr since that only takes one generation for his awesome moves, and had to decide between Adamant Sheer Force or Brave Guts (Brave Guts for sure) after a day of breeding because the RNG hates me.

Played HG over the break since I needed to breed some stuff to send over to Black, got me a fully EV'd Jolly Primeape with Vital Spirit Close Combat U-Turn Stone Edge and Payback. Come at me Darkrai
Also have an Adamant Technician Scyther so I can finally make a legitimate BP Scizor after all these years.

I miss PO, 30 seconds of clicking without all that breeding, training, TRANSFERRING nonsense

Terry576
2012-01-03, 03:06 PM
So I realized "oh damn salamence is the best pokemon and is my favorite"

so I tried to get one in Black.

It is only in White.

I looked up Trapinch.

Also White exclusive.

Oh well I can still get Braviary because I need on-

WHITE ONLY BITCH

hey

hey Game Freak

WHAT DID YOU GIVE BLACK BESIDES THAT STUPID FRIGGIN CITY

Mando Knight
2012-01-03, 03:10 PM
(Okay, her speed IV is dreadful, but still... Not like I play competatively or anything.)
For Hippopotas, it's so slow that a low IV is actually preferable. It won't outrun anything anyway, and dropping its speed IV means that it can take advantage of Trick Room all the more.

Mistral
2012-01-03, 03:14 PM

It is only in White.

I looked up Trapinch.

Also White exclusive.

WHITE ONLY BITCH

hey

hey Game Freak

Well...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/Culise/Internet%20Uploads/PokemonTouhou-KoishiandErufuun.jpg
Oh, right, the in-game trade in Nacrene...well, there's still Houndour, Murkrow, and Breloom. That's...kinda not bad, right?

Mando Knight
2012-01-03, 03:48 PM

It is only in White.

I looked up Trapinch.

Also White exclusive.

WHITE ONLY BITCH
Braviary is the only one of the three that is readily available. Trapinch and Bagon can only be caught if you have the right people in your White Forest.

boj0
2012-01-03, 04:17 PM
So I'm catching up on my Youtube subscriptions, when I notice I have a new message: the one and only FizzyStardust posted something on a video that I had submitted to PMP Beta. "Good battle, should be posted soon."

I have had a video uploaded to PokeMoshPit Beta for a week now, and did not know :smalleek: what's worse is anyone who went to my channel from there was probably super confused as to why an aspiring director had zero activity in the last three weeks :smallannoyed:

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12WjW6Jj-I)

TSED
2012-01-03, 04:18 PM
Braviary is the only one of the three that is readily available. Trapinch and Bagon can only be caught if you have the right people in your White Forest.

Which is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hard, by the way.

I mean, I want a bagon and a trapinch AND I HAVE WHITE.

Also: mandibuzz is awesome, what're you talking about? And, uh, well... Yeah, there's a reason I got white. White is better. Reuniclus is way more useful than the goths, and we've got the sports arenas for grinding anyway.

tgva8889
2012-01-03, 04:19 PM
I dunno, I haven't minded breeding much.

By the way, I should be available for most of the day tomorrow or Thursday if anyone wants to receive Solosis or Timburr with awesome IVs to help you on your way to breeding nonsense. Or just to use them, some of them are pretty sweet and I'm just perfectionist.

NineThePuma
2012-01-03, 04:52 PM
I have a 'mence on my black, if you want me to get you an egg to trade I can get you one. It'll just... Take me a day or so, cause I want to pound through white ASAP to have the most possible people in my WF.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-03, 07:09 PM
hey

hey Game Freak

The same thing that they gave Farfetch'd, Delibird, and Flareon!
Actually, only Rufflet/Braviary is the only one that's white-exclusive. You can catch Bagon and Trapinch in the Dream World.

tgva8889
2012-01-03, 07:19 PM
Farfetch'd is a Joke Pokemon. It was a Joke in the original game. Stop expecting it to someday be good and just be pleasantly surprised if it does.

The rest yeah Game Freak hates some Pokemon. But exclusives are purely a marketing strategy to make you go buy a White version.

Foeofthelance
2012-01-03, 09:29 PM
So, is there anything that determines which road you get sent to in the Dream World? Because I am getting sick and tired of ending up in Spooky Manor.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-03, 09:56 PM
In the sense that you want to meaningfully influence your destination, no.

More or less, when you first get there, you can only go to the Forest, Mountain, and Manor. You can't visit the Sky and Sea until you earn 2500 and 5000 Dream Points, respectively, respectfully. Otherwise, it's random. And isn't that fun how random it is? It just means you get to play more games! And aren't these Dream World games fun! Boy howdy are they fun! You should play more Dream World games! :smallfrown:

tgva8889
2012-01-03, 10:05 PM
You do realize that there's a button in the corner that will let you leave the Island without moving at all, thus allowing you to enter and re-enter as many times as you want without having to play any games that don't lead to you getting Pokemon you want, right?

Ryuho Tsugu
2012-01-03, 10:24 PM
It still counts against your limit for finding new Pokemon, though.

That being said, I would still go through the area looking for items. Who wouldn't want a free stat vitamin or Rare Candy?

tgva8889
2012-01-03, 10:36 PM
It still counts against your limit for finding new Pokemon, though.

That being said, I would still go through the area looking for items. Who wouldn't want a free stat vitamin or Rare Candy?

Are you sure? That has never happened to me. I've had 3 full pages of Pokemon Befriended before, and skipped through areas without costing me any Pokemon on that list.

Ryuho Tsugu
2012-01-03, 10:39 PM
Not the list at the tree; that only gets reset once you choose something. I'm talking about how you can only run through the Island a random number of times before nothing new will appear, which is reset when you put a Pokemon to sleep.

tgva8889
2012-01-03, 10:59 PM
Not the list at the tree; that only gets reset once you choose something. I'm talking about how you can only run through the Island a random number of times before nothing new will appear, which is reset when you put a Pokemon to sleep.

That number of times must be rather large, because I'm pretty sure I've gone through over 10 times and still saw Pokemon.

Mystic Muse
2012-01-03, 11:06 PM
Alright, one more time before I give up.

Friend code

2323 0046 5787

Playing Soul Silver.

NineThePuma
2012-01-03, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry Soft Serve, I don't have either of those in 4th Gen anymore. I might be able to fetch you a ponyta, but...

Mystic Muse
2012-01-03, 11:18 PM
Anything would help. I guess I don't technically even need the eggs, just the pokemon themselves, since I can breed them myself easily enough.

Starwulf
2012-01-03, 11:25 PM
Alright, one more time before I give up.

Friend code

2323 0046 5787

Playing Soul Silver.

Times like this that makes me sad I have no access to WiFi(or any internet besides dial-up). I could get both of those in egg form in short order on my Soul silver game, considering I have both sitting in my pokebox.

Terry576
2012-01-04, 04:40 AM
I'm running Lawnmower Rotom, I don't need Whimsicott.

However adorable it is. oh my god so adorable eeeeee

I'm using Lawnmower Rotom because Serperior is in fact, terrible. He's great at walling, but well.

Rotom's stats > Serperior

Milotic's stats > Serperior

So my poor starter as sentenced to be in a box. As was Lucario for a time, because Haxorus' 200+ attack at level 55 was just a "no go away lucario you are a terrible pokemon."

ShinyRocks
2012-01-04, 06:25 AM
Dream World Contrary Serperior with Leaf Storm would be pretty boss, though.

Geno9999
2012-01-04, 11:27 PM
Since I started my Black game with a Serperior, I pretty much tried to make him a physical-based attacker instead of a Special oriented, since no Dreamworld ability.
Planned Moveset:
Leaf Blade (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Leaf_Blade_(move))
Coil (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Coil_(move))
Aerial Ace (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aerial_Ace_(move))
Dragon Tail (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_Tail_(move))

... I need to get back into Pokemon, but all my Steam games have been sucking my free time.

tgva8889
2012-01-04, 11:38 PM
I mean, you know that your movepool isn't good enough when you're forced to use Aerial Ace without Technician boost. Though to be honest, isn't Return just better? It's not like you're beating Steel-types anyways, and most other things can be dealt with through Leaf Blades or Dragon Tails.

DiscipleofBob
2012-01-05, 09:44 AM
I like Aerial Ace better just because you have something against Double Team-spammers and the like.

But then again I've never done competitive teams so what do I know.

NineThePuma
2012-01-05, 09:48 AM
Smogon competitors usually operate under a "Evasion Clause" which makes double team illegal.

Mistral
2012-01-05, 10:53 AM
True, but if you've never done competitive, you're probably not playing by Smogon rules, which is, all considered, just a subset of the online game of the whole. Nintendo official rules are a lot lighter, basically only blocking legendaries, Sky Drop, and Dark Void, and those only in official tournaments. In those circumstances, Aerial Ace can be a bit more useful.

Which is, to be fair, why random battles are sometimes so annoying, what with ubers, no sleep, OHKO, or evasion clauses, and so forth.

TSED
2012-01-05, 12:15 PM
Speaking of going places in Dream World...

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET 5000 POINTS? Seriously! Or 10,000, to see some pokemon! It's absurd!

I've been logging on as often as I can remember for my paltry 50 points / day, because I've done all the games and nothing new appears, used all my water, used all my friend requests. I only had ~2000 points when that was all said and done.

50 points / day to get to 5k (or 10k) is absurd. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Mando Knight
2012-01-05, 12:59 PM
Speaking of going places in Dream World...

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET 5000 POINTS? Seriously! Or 10,000, to see some pokemon! It's absurd!

I've been logging on as often as I can remember for my paltry 50 points / day, because I've done all the games and nothing new appears, used all my water, used all my friend requests. I only had ~2000 points when that was all said and done.

50 points / day to get to 5k (or 10k) is absurd. Is there some trick I'm missing?

...Really? I've had no problems gathering dream points...

You get 50/day just for logging in, then 20 points for each game you win (not each new game... there's only a few, with three being area-exclusive), and 10 for each time you water someone else's berries. In one visit, you should be able to get around 500 each day just for doing those things.

ShinyRocks
2012-01-05, 02:00 PM
Bwahaha! I love Magic Bounce. A super singles Jynx made itself fall in love with me (my Espeon) and then put itself to sleep. And then a Breloom paralysed itself. And then an Aggron paralysed itself.

Ooh! And then I bounced Toxic Spikes against a Tentacruel. And then a Skarmory Roared itself out.

Doesn't stop being funny.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-05, 03:58 PM
You get 50/day just for logging in, then 20 points for each game you win (not each new game... there's only a few, with three being area-exclusive), and 10 for each time you water someone else's berries. In one visit, you should be able to get around 500 each day just for doing those things.
This. They planned for players to get some 500 points per visit, 'cause your pokemon's balloon changes to a heart when that happens and it'll gain a level when you play on the DS. 10,000 points is just 20 days of play, you'll be there in less than a month.

And isn't playing those exciting six games over and over again for a month ever so fun? Boy howdy how exciting they are! I should be playing those games right now!:smallfrown:

tgva8889
2012-01-05, 07:42 PM
I like Aerial Ace better just because you have something against Double Team-spammers and the like.

But then again I've never done competitive teams so what do I know.

His Serperior has Coil. If your opponent starts Double Teaming, you start Coiling and beat them with improved Accuracy in addition to Bulk Up bonuses.

TSED
2012-01-05, 09:30 PM
Wait, wait... Your points carry over? I was under the impression that you needed to keep the same pokemon in the entire time.

500 / day is approximately reasonable; 50 / day is torture.

tgva8889
2012-01-05, 09:32 PM
No, you can change Pokemon, wake them up or put them to sleep. The points are by account, not by Pokemon. Earning points on a specific Pokemon only allows it to possibly gain a level upon waking up.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-05, 10:07 PM
Wait, wait... Your points carry over? I was under the impression that you needed to keep the same pokemon in the entire time.
Log in. Click on the profile button below "You can play" (or whatever message is displayed there, ready to wake up or whatever). Click on the purple Pokemon Dream World tab. Look at the picture of your island. Below that are the Dream Points you've accumulated on all the pokemon with which you've been playing. No, to my knowledge, it doesn't display those while you're actually playing. And like, last time I tried keeping that tab open while playing in another window, the site didn't seem to like that.

But that's okay 'cause there's zillions of fun hours you can spend playing really fun games! :smallfrown:

Terry576
2012-01-06, 09:26 AM
So I fought my friend right before he started his Nuzlocke run (He got a Sawk, the lucky son of a gun) and nearly won, despite having 60s against his level 85 Zoruark and team of 70s. :smallsmile:

Still can't find my Diamond. I need that damn Shiny Metagross. :smallannoyed: Just the nothacked!Pidgeotto/Cyndaquil is not enough for meee

Selpharia
2012-01-06, 05:36 PM
Hello again, everyone. Quick question, for tgva8889 specifically since he mentioned it before, but anyone else who this applies to is also included. Does anyone have an Anticipation Eevee (pref: female) that they could trade or give. I don't have anything in the way of spectacular monster-IV beasts to give in return, but do have a female Poison Heal Gligar or Multiscale Dragonite. Or, if there's something non-impossible that you'd like instead, I can do that. I don't really care whether it is legit or totally!legit!, since I don't care about official doubles matches

Also, since it worked out exceptionally last time, assuming I am fortunate enough to get a DW Eevee, what do people think of this setup for a tentative team?:

Conkledurr
@Life Orb
+Att/-SpD
Guts
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Stone Edge

Physical sweeper, hoping to switch into a status move, or get time to Bulk Up and become tanky pain.

Espeon
@Light Clay
+SpD/-Att
Magic Bounce
-Psyshock (Psychic)?
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Grass Knot (is Hidden Power better here? If so, which?)

Magic Bounce their statuses and set up screens for the sweepers that ike buffs to do their job

Spiritomb
@Leftovers
+Def/-Spd
-Shadow Ball
-Will O'Wisp
-Pain Split
-Calm Mind

Debilitating Special wallto status things and otherwise cause irritation

Volcarona
@Life Orb
+SpA/-Att or +Spe/-Att
-Fiery Dance
-Quiver Dance
-Hidden Power Ground
-Bug Buzz

Intended as a special sweeper with self buffs

Ferrothorn
@Leftovers
+Def/-Spe
-Power Whip
-Protect
-Leech Seed
-Spikes

Monstrous physical wall with hazards

Swampert
+Att/-Spe
@Water Gem
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

Hopefully trolls electric types, sets up Stealth Rock, and forces exposure to hazards

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious with this setup, but can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's too defensive and reliant on buffs?

Mando Knight
2012-01-06, 06:47 PM
Without leading with Swampert (since it sets up Stealth Rock), you'll have problems with Dragon Dancers unless you predict your own setup properly.

For example... I'll lead with Dragonite. First move? Dragon Dance. If you don't break my defenses (that is, Multiscale) or lead with that Bulk Up, I'll Dance again. From there, you're dead. You don't have anything to stop something that can one-shot Ferrothorn on its strong defense (via Fire Punch), crush your chances at setup, outrun your priority with ExtremeSpeed, and slip into Outrage if those aren't enough. Your best chance is to hope your Spiritomb survives long enough to Will-O-Wisp, or for Volcarona's Flame Body to activate, but then you're relying on mere chance to counter a powerful threat.

It's also vulnerable to Choice threats and wall-breakers.

Geno9999
2012-01-06, 07:50 PM
I mean, you know that your movepool isn't good enough when you're forced to use Aerial Ace without Technician boost. Though to be honest, isn't Return just better? It's not like you're beating Steel-types anyways, and most other things can be dealt with through Leaf Blades or Dragon Tails.

I tend to like movesets that cover as many opposing types as I can. As such, Aerial Ace gives me a reliable move I can use against Double Team (without needing to set up w/ Coil) and allows me to do some surprise damage against Bug Pokemon.
...And be able to kill this guy (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shedinja_(Pok%C3%A9mon)). That thing ruined one of my win streak with my Starmie on the Battle Frontier's Battle Hall.:smallfurious:

Mando Knight
2012-01-06, 08:52 PM
...And be able to kill this guy (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shedinja_(Pok%C3%A9mon)). That thing ruined one of my win streak with my Starmie on the Battle Frontier's Battle Hall.:smallfurious:

Here's a secret: You won't need to prepare Serperior for Shedinja. You'll pretty much only see it in the Subway, and if you're relying on Serperior you probably won't get far enough to see Shedinja anyway.

tgva8889
2012-01-06, 10:08 PM
I tend to like movesets that cover as many opposing types as I can. As such, Aerial Ace gives me a reliable move I can use against Double Team (without needing to set up w/ Coil) and allows me to do some surprise damage against Bug Pokemon.

1) Double Team is straight up defeated by Coil. If they use Double Team, you start setting up Coils. They either have to do something to you, or you'll win the fight. It's just how it is. They can't set up Double Team without you beating them with Coil. Period.

2) Serperior can't beat Shedinja and shouldn't be trying to. Some Pokemon just can't. Period. Use something else, that's why you have more team members.

3) Return does enough damage to everything that you would want to Aerial Ace. Between your three moves, you have enough coverage to cover most Pokemon, and what you can't cover can be Dragon Tail'd away. What Bug Pokemon are you keeping Serperior in against, anyways? Return or Leaf Blade should deal similar if not more damage than Aerial Ace, and don't have the cost of sucking against anything they hit for neutral.

4) The whole point of using Coil is so that you don't have to use Aerial Ace to beat Double Teaming jerks.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-07, 02:05 AM
Here's a secret: You won't need to prepare Serperior for Shedinja. You'll pretty much only see it in the Subway, and if you're relying on Serperior you probably won't get far enough to see Shedinja anyway.
Ah.

So that means your team is a Dragonite, a Shedinja, and four other pokemon, right?:smalltongue::smallwink: Garchomp and Salamence, I'd be guessing, but I know you're better than that.

I had an odd dream about the next "main" pokemon game being Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 2: Quarantine. There wasn't any real knowledge about the game showcased there, other than there were one versus up to four simultaneous battles, and I was nerd raging that there'd be a direct sequel like that.:smallredface:

Mando Knight
2012-01-07, 02:20 AM
So that means your team is a Dragonite, a Shedinja, and four other pokemon, right?:smalltongue::smallwink:
No. It's a gimmick 'mon that doesn't play to my preferences.
and I was nerd raging that there'd be a direct sequel like that.:smallredface:
ORLY? (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_II)

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-07, 02:25 AM
No. It's a gimmick 'mon that doesn't play to my preferences.
Oh, yes, certainly. Of course, I understand you. Wink-wink. Your hatred of Stealth Rocks makes even more sense now!

ORLY? (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_II)
As in, "Takes place in the same country with no other places to go to and has the exact same name as the previous game with a '2' slapped on it.":smallbiggrin:

tgva8889
2012-01-07, 02:28 AM
I have used Shedinja a bit, it's actually fairly hilariously effective. Though I'm sure it's totally useless in tiers where people use Sandstorm or religiously put up Entry Hazards. Oh, wait, that's all of them. Never mind.

But seriously Shedinja can be useful. Lead with it, set up Swords Dance (hopefully on their switch), destroy them with Sucker Punch. All other moves are just for fun, really.

Alternatively, hope they don't know what it does, which has happened to me several times. I love it when they try to U-Turn against Shedinja and nothing happens.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-07, 02:36 AM
Personally, I'd hope that they'd make Wonder Guard ignore status/entry/weather damage (it makes sense dang it!), and then give Shedinja an alternate second ability, also called Wonder Guard, that would only allow resisted moves (Fight/Grass/Ground/Bug/Poison) to hit.

I also hope for a motorcycle.

In other news? Dragon types in my TCG!? NERD RAAAAAAAGE :smallfurious:

Mando Knight
2012-01-07, 02:53 AM
Took them long enough.

tgva8889
2012-01-07, 02:55 AM
I did enjoy the Normal-type Dragons that resulted in the only Pokemon in any game ever that will be weak to the Normal type.

To be fair, Shedinja's such a mindtrick. I just wish Entry Hazards didn't have to be a thing. You know, because they're actually some of the best moves ever created.

Edit: I am releasing Timburrs and Solosis with 31 IVs in awesome stats and pretty good natures unless anyone claims them. I will accept any Pokemon that is not in my Pokedex and/or any relatively useful items on trash Pokemon.

NineThePuma
2012-01-07, 04:51 AM
I did enjoy the Normal-type Dragons that resulted in the only Pokemon in any game ever that will be weak to the Normal type.

To be fair, Shedinja's such a mindtrick. I just wish Entry Hazards didn't have to be a thing. You know, because they're actually some of the best moves ever created.

Edit: I am releasing Timburrs and Solosis with 31 IVs in awesome stats and pretty good natures unless anyone claims them. I will accept any Pokemon that is not in my Pokedex and/or any relatively useful items on trash Pokemon.

I am extremely close to completing my 'dex. What do you need?

I am interested in setting up for IV Breeding, but I don't play competitively and don't need them for playing the main game. I also am, as mentioned, within inches of completing the 'dex. While I wouldn't want to be demanding, if you have a magmarizer or electarizer sitting around, I'd be more than willing to breed you some of the rarer pokemon in my collection in thanks.

I'm actually missing a number of Evolutions who rely on items not readily available in Gen V, and would be willing to share the ones I have.

tgva8889
2012-01-07, 04:57 AM
I am only offering the Timburrs and Solosis currently. I don't have most Pokemon not in Gen V, so if you offer some things I can quickly check to see whether they are present or not.

NineThePuma
2012-01-07, 06:01 AM
*checks my boxes* I specialize in Scythers, have at least one of every starter, every Pseudolegend, can offer Ralts, Milotic (though you can theoretically catch those wild), a number of Hoenn pokes... Rhyhorn... Mismagius.

I'd be more than happy to take some of your stock in exchange for a Kanto Special (all 3 starters + Dratini) or a similar deal for any Gen 1-3 region; I'm working on Sinnoh and Unova deals, but I need to do some breeding first.

tgva8889
2012-01-07, 06:13 AM
Kanto Special works. I can confirm having Adamant Timburrs with 31 IVs in Attack, HP, or Defense (some combination of 2) and Relaxed Solosis with 31 IVs in HP, Special Attack, or Defense (some combination of 2). I also have some available Frillish and I think Litwicks with good natures and at least 1 31 IV in something important. I've done some massive breeding.

NineThePuma
2012-01-07, 06:28 AM
give me 24 hours to sleep and get you eggs. I assume you won't mind if I don't screen for Moves or Nature, let alone IVs. If you're looking for Rex completion it shouldn't matter.

And I'm looking for a diversified IV pool; I'd like to get them all chain bred out of their current egg groups onto Ground, so I can use them quickly, but I'm also lazy enough that I might never USE them.

I'll need to work out a time to do the trade, but that's because I have to reconfigure my wifi connection to trade and that means working out a good time with everyone else in the house, so it may take me til Sunday evening (GMT -8) for me to figure that out.

tgva8889
2012-01-07, 06:36 AM
Let me know eventual time, then! I myself also will need to prepare and find the specific Timburrs and Solosis you'd like.

Mystic Muse
2012-01-08, 03:33 AM
I'm sorry Soft Serve, I don't have either of those in 4th Gen anymore. I might be able to fetch you a ponyta, but...

If you'd still be willing to do this, that'd be of great help to me. I also need to trade my Kadabra and have it traded back so that it'll become an Alakazam if it's not trouble.

NineThePuma
2012-01-08, 09:33 AM
I spent most of yesterday asleep, but I have eggs ready fort a Kanto Special, and can hatch them today.

I Checked my 4th Gen games; neither one has those Pokemon available. (both appear to have failed nuzlocke runs in the first few routes)

EDIT: Also, I've got the next 4 hours or so available.

EDITEDIT: My Black FC: 0304 0297 4100

tgva8889
2012-01-08, 03:18 PM
Pokemon White FC: 3353 3706 1386

I shall be ready in a few minutes.

Edit: All of them have 2 Perfect IVs confirmed. The ones without good natures also have a third IV, I think.

NineThePuma
2012-01-08, 03:39 PM
Sorry for delay and weird nick names. I got my cousin to hatch them.

tgva8889
2012-01-08, 03:48 PM
I don't mind at all. Dratini with Extremespeed? Sweet. Also having different IDs means it will take me less time to evolve them to maximum.

NineThePuma
2012-01-08, 03:56 PM
Dratini has extreme Speed? Huh. I guess Coop passes that on.

Mando Knight
2012-01-08, 06:00 PM
Dratini has extreme Speed? Huh. I guess Coop passes that on.

It's an egg move starting with HGSS. I have a boxful of Multiscale ExtremeSpeed Dratini.

NineThePuma
2012-01-08, 06:04 PM
Yeah, well, Coop passes it on I guess. I don't particularly care though, so... :P

Makes me wonder how they got it ONTO the Dragonite.

Mando Knight
2012-01-08, 06:17 PM
Makes me wonder how they got it ONTO the Dragonite.

Secret method passed down through the Dragon Masters Clan FOR GENERATIONS!

NineThePuma
2012-01-08, 06:27 PM
I wonder how they got one with Barrier too.

TSED
2012-01-08, 08:01 PM
They're hoarding all the GOOD TMs.

tgva8889
2012-01-08, 11:26 PM
I mean, theoretically TMs can be created and sold. Assuming you could create one of any move, it then becomes a matter of figuring out how to use your TM on any Pokemon. Though I do still express confusion as to how you teach a Pokemon a move by applying a CD to their head until a special sound plays...

NineThePuma
2012-01-08, 11:33 PM
... Or a move tutor, I guess.

I want my TM for Fire Punch back, dammit.

TSED
2012-01-09, 05:30 AM
I mean, theoretically TMs can be created and sold. Assuming you could create one of any move, it then becomes a matter of figuring out how to use your TM on any Pokemon. Though I do still express confusion as to how you teach a Pokemon a move by applying a CD to their head until a special sound plays...

Just make a game of finding the CD tray button on every single pokemon.

Once you play this for a little while you won't be able to unsee it, though you DO need to stretch the rules sometimes.

Mando Knight
2012-01-09, 01:20 PM
Just make a game of finding the CD tray button on every single pokemon.

Once you play this for a little while you won't be able to unsee it, though you DO need to stretch the rules sometimes.

They all have laser eyes. They don't need CD trays. At least, all the ones with eyes do.

TSED
2012-01-09, 03:42 PM
Also, speaking of TMs just being data - come on! Doesn't the pokemon world have the internet? Where's the hot market pirated TMs with every-move-ever?

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-09, 08:05 PM
It's probably inundated with Hot Skitty on Wailord Action, sightings of legendary mythical pokemon like Nidogod, and pictures of Gardevior/Lopunny to the point that it is impossible to find anything of practical value.

Illven
2012-01-09, 08:34 PM
It's probably inundated with Hot Skitty on Wailord Action, sightings of legendary mythical pokemon like Nidogod, and pictures of Gardevior/Lopunny to the point that it is impossible to find anything of practical value.

Also ditto. Lots of ditto. :smalltongue:

Geno9999
2012-01-09, 08:45 PM

My headcanon is that you're not applying it to their heads per se, but downloading the data through their pokeballs.

tgva8889
2012-01-09, 09:10 PM
Also ditto. Lots of ditto. :smalltongue:

That's how you initiate it. Duh.

My headcanon is that you're not applying it to their heads per se, but downloading the data through their pokeballs.

The animation in FireRed and LeafGreen led me to believe that you are actually applying a compact disk to their head/body/wherever, during which time they shake for a moment. Then they learn the move. Since this is the only animation of a Pokemon learning a move we have encountered in the games, there really isn't much other source material. Unless you consider the world in the games the same as in other Pokemon media.

d13
2012-01-09, 10:00 PM
Hello, new thread!

So, I'm planning on getting back to the TCG with some of my friends (nothing epicly serious, though. Just for funsies), and was wondering if any of you was TCG-savvy enough to hack the deck I've been building into pieces, and give me some criticism:

Deck
Pokémon: 28
* Virizion (Noble Victories) x2
* Hoppip (any) x3
* Skiploom (any) x2
* Jumpluff (HGSS) x2
* Sunkern (HGSS) x2
* Sunflora (HGSS) x2
* Zubat (any) x3
* Golbat (any) x2
* Crobat Prime x3
* Oddish (any) x2
* Gloom (any) x1
* Vileplume (Undaunted) x2
* Cleffa (HGSS) x2

Items: 6
* Pokémon Communication x4
* Rare Candy x2

Supporters: 14
* Pokémon Collector x4
* Prof. Oak's New Theory x3
* Twins x2
* Prof. Juniper x3
* N x2

Energy: 12
* Grass Energy x8
* Psychic Energy x4

Basically, my aim is to get Vileplume and Crobat out as soon as possible, with Sunflora helping round it up, Virizion to have even more Drawing power, and Jumpluff just in case I need to hit something for good damage.

I thought about fitting Roserade in some place, but decided against it, I don't know why. I guess I didn't feel it too necessary.

Also... Thoughts in using a Pichu instead of one of the Cleffas?

Qwertystop
2012-01-09, 10:10 PM
I have enough experience that I know that which pre-evolutions you have matters. Even if you intend to have Hoppip evolve as soon as possible, luck may not be on your side.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-09, 10:10 PM
Basically, my aim is to get Vileplume and Crobat out as soon as possible, with Sunflora helping round it up, Virizion to have even more Drawing power, and Jumpluff just in case I need to hit something for good damage.
Th... Th... Three Stage Two pokemon in one deck?

:smallmad: This game has vastly changed since I last played it.

Qwertystop
2012-01-09, 10:11 PM
No, he really has no big chance of getting most of that.

tgva8889
2012-01-09, 10:26 PM
Actually, it's very possible to do in the current game. Considering the level of draw power still available, it's not too absurd to expect a deck to put multiple Stage 2 evolutions into play.

Cleffa is insane, Pichu is a much weaker card. I don't foresee Pichu being too awesome in your deck, but I don't know what half your Pokemon do so there's that.

d13
2012-01-09, 10:39 PM
Playtesting says I get turn 2 Sunflora and Vileplume, and turn 3 Crobat more often that not.

It also says that I should max Rare Candies. Still, Jumpluff doesn't get much playtime (if at all), so I think I'll get them out, put some Roserades, and try to fit some Rainbow Energies there.

The three stage 2 thingie had never struck my attention until now, and it's stupid. My bad there, it makes no sense (though I've seen a Solosis/Chandelure/Gothitelle deck move surprisingly fast), since most of the time I won't get to play them. More points for Roserade.

The Pichu thingie is no longer an issue, without Jumpluff, I don't want to help whoever is my opponent to fill his/her bench, so it's out.

So... Stuff.

* Take out the whole Hoppip line.
* +3 Roselia (Stormfront? I don't exactly now)
* +2 Roserade (Unleashed)
* +2 Rare Candy

I don't exactly now what to do. I kinda wanna use some Rainbows, but I can't find the place...

Are LEGENDS any good? I mean, I could see a Deoxys/Rayquaza in a Magneboar deck, but beyond that.........

Bear in mind, the last time I payed any serious attention to the game, was the time when Magmar/Scyther/Hitmonchan was the OMGBESTDECKEVER, and even then I wasn't that good at deck building :smallredface:

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-09, 10:52 PM
Bear in mind, the last time I payed any serious attention to the game, was the time when Magmar/Scyther/Hitmonchan was the OMGBESTDECKEVER, and even then I wasn't that good at deck building :smallredface:
In a Rain Dance dominated metagame? Drop Magmar for Electabuzz, then we'll talk.:smalltongue: Also, something about 1st Movie Mewtwo and a couple of Wigglytuffs.

Oh! And!

MULLIGAN!

d13
2012-01-09, 10:54 PM
In a Rain Dance dominated metagame? Drop Magmar for Electabuzz, then we'll talk.:smalltongue: Also, something about 1st Movie Mewtwo and a couple of Wigglytuffs.

That deck was so stupidly low on pokémon and high on unnecessary trainers, that Electabuzz fitted without dropping anything xD

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-09, 10:58 PM
You need to run Electric energy for Electabuzz. You need to run Fire energy for Magmar. You need to run Fighting energy for Hitmonchan. It is forbidden to run more than two types of energy, and you only got four slots of Rainbows in there.* Also, you need more Bills. And you don't have four Super Energy Removals yet. You're gonna get wrecked. :smalltongue:

*And only Oracle of Wuffing is stupid enough to run Base Set Electrode.

d13
2012-01-09, 11:09 PM
It is forbidden to run more than two types of energy

Is it? Really? xD

Anyway, I totally remember the deck setup I used back in the day xD

3 Jigglypuff
2 Wigglytuff
4 Electabuzz
4 Hitmonchan
2 Scyther

4 Bill
3 Super Energy Removal
4 Energy Removal
4 Energy Retriever
3 Pluspower
3 Gust of Wind
2 Prof. Oak
2 Computer Search
2 Itemfinder

4 DCE
8 Fighting Energy
6 Lightning Energy

(For those too young (?))
Note: This is completely outdated. Don't pay any attention to.

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 12:07 AM
That deck is quite far from optimal.

Although to be fair, optimal Rain Dance piloted by a good player could only lose to itself. Otherwise it was an unbeatable combo deck.

Mando Knight
2012-01-10, 12:08 AM
It is forbidden to run more than two types of energy

This is the first I've heard of that rule. It might not be recommended for competent deckbuilding, but I've never heard of that rule.

Also, having no money for CCGs at this point, I've been playing a bit of Pokémon TCG Online... and what bugs me most is that if you're only playing against the computer opponents, their cards are just better than yours. They get Special Energy, Poké balls of various grades, and so forth, while you're mostly stuck playing one of four basic elemental decks. The basic decks can work, but I've reached the point where I need luck in order to stand a chance, since they can easily draw and energize whatever Stage 2 they want. Often I'll get stuck with none of whatever kind of card I need, whether it's Supporter, Energy, or some kind of Pokémon.

And that's not even getting into their "luck" with the coin flips.

d13
2012-01-10, 12:14 AM
This is the first I've heard of that rule. It might not be recommended for competent deckbuilding, but I've never heard of that rule.

And even then, 6 Corners* seems to be a quite popular deck on the non-pro scene...

* Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem.

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 12:17 AM
It's not a hard-and-fast rule, but it was general principle back in the day. Pokemon were also worse, so it was harder to justify doing so when you weren't really getting any great benefit out of it. Now that the card drawing allows you to play more powerful things, it's not entirely of the question to run 3 or 4 different types of energy in your deck, although most of the best decks are mono-typed or at best 2-typed in terms of energy requirements.

d13
2012-01-10, 12:20 AM
OK. Back to you helping with my deck (!). The new one, not the unoptimized haymaker.

I want to squish at least 2 or 3 rainbow energies there. The whole four would be ideal. What do I take out? D:

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 12:43 AM
Unless you're trying to increase your raw energy count, generally when adding energy cutting energy is a good idea. So I'd start with a cut of 2 of each Basic and then play with it a little and see if you find yourself wanting more of one than the other.

Illven
2012-01-10, 01:09 AM
Illven is now the proud owner of a shiny Noctowl.

Shiny! :smallbiggrin:

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 01:17 AM
Congrats, Illven! :smallsmile:

Mando Knight
2012-01-10, 01:35 AM
Illven is now the proud owner of a shiny Noctowl.

Shiny! :smallbiggrin:

Congrats, Illven! :smallsmile:
Your nickname is now Ash (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash%27s_Noctowl).

Illven
2012-01-10, 01:42 AM
So I get to break the rules and strike Ground types with electricity?

Awesome!!

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 01:48 AM
Amusing note: Every time I see Noctowl, I am confused that it's not the same color as Ash's. Even though I know Ash's is Shiny. Stupid TV show having a Shiny Main Character.

Illven
2012-01-10, 01:51 AM
Amusing note: Every time I see Noctowl, I am confused that it's not the same color as Ash's. Even though I know Ash's is Shiny. Stupid TV show having a Shiny Main Character.

Funny thing is. Ash's Noctowl and mine look different. That upperbrow thing is golden, and the reddish rue and it's wings are different. Also the black markings on it's body are outlined in red on mine.

Mando Knight
2012-01-10, 01:58 AM
Funny thing is. Ash's Noctowl and mine look different. That upperbrow thing is golden, and the reddish rue and it's wings are different. Also the black markings on it's body are outlined in red on mine.

That's mostly due to a few things:
1.) The anime is allowed to fiddle with the designs a bit (particularly color balance)... especially with early 'mons.
2.) Those differences weren't there in GSC, so it's pretty accurate given the time frame of introduction.
3.) The orange around the chest markings are due to the resolution and amount of anti-aliasing in the Gen IV sprites. The Gen III and V sprites use a slightly different sampling (or something), removing the orange marks.

Illven
2012-01-10, 01:59 AM
That's mostly due to a few things:
3.) The orange around the chest markings are due to the resolution and amount of anti-aliasing in the Gen IV sprites. The Gen III and V sprites use a slightly different sampling (or something), removing the orange marks.

Anti-what? :smallconfused:

Mando Knight
2012-01-10, 02:03 AM
Anti-what? :smallconfused:
Anti-aliasing. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_anti-aliasing)
Basically, trick your eye into believing there's detail, higher resolution, or smoothness where there isn't by blending colors together at the edges.

ShinyRocks
2012-01-10, 04:40 AM
There's clearly something in the air, because I just caught my first! ever! shiny!

Sadly it's a Quiet Big Pecks female Pidove that's 'decent all round'. But still. SHINY!!

d13
2012-01-10, 07:44 AM
Are you kidding me?

Add a shiny Tentacool to today's mix, here. Heart Gold re-run.

DiscipleofBob
2012-01-10, 09:16 AM
On the note of Shiny's, not sure if I mentioned this before...

I was grinding my Black team for the e4 first round, but was rather concerned because there were only four Pokemon I felt comfortable taking: Krookodile, Eelektross, Emboar, and an Eviolite Cottonee. I started training a Swanna and Sigilyph in the hopes that one of them would work, when on Victory Road I found a shiny Regenerator Mienfoo AND a shiny Fraxure within minutes of each other.

Guess who suddenly made the team and proceeded to become the star players? (I did have to drop Haxorus for Reshiram once that little plot-bit came around, but totally worth it.)

Prime32
2012-01-10, 02:08 PM
I mean, theoretically TMs can be created and sold. Assuming you could create one of any move, it then becomes a matter of figuring out how to use your TM on any Pokemon. Though I do still express confusion as to how you teach a Pokemon a move by applying a CD to their head until a special sound plays...I always assumed that they were demonstration videos or something.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-10, 02:24 PM
Bingo.

I mean, I don't know what all this "draw power" stuff is, we decked ourselves just fine with four Bills and four Oaks back in the day, I don't know how you can draw better than decking yourself, but keep in mind I speak of an older generation, and well, sure, you could run more than two basic energy card types, but it'd be like playing a Monk at a Tome of Battle table, or playing a Truenamer next to an Incantrix.

Also, having no money for CCGs at this point, I've been playing a bit of Pokémon TCG Online...

[...]

And that's not even getting into their "luck" with the coin flips.
Case in point, the first rule of competent deck building was "Only Electabuzz may flip coins. And maybe Articuno.":smalltongue:
That said, the idea is that you're supposed to go out and buy physical card decks, and those have a code you can put in to unlock those decks in the game. I don't think that'll provide much advantage, though, 'cause nobody plays preconstructed decks out of the box, so they're just as simple as the other decks only with different types.

But yeah, when you are (were?) forced to play with low-op decks, you can expect the game to change based on coin flips.

Mando Knight
2012-01-10, 03:56 PM
I mean, I don't know what all this "draw power" stuff is, we decked ourselves just fine with four Bills and four Oaks back in the day
Emcee's Chatter (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Emcee%27s_Chatter_%28Unleashed_73%29) is a Super-Bill. Fail? It's Bill. Succeed? It's better. There's probably lots I don't know about, but that's one that's been cheesing me off, as the computers get it but I don't in TCG online.

That said, the idea is that you're supposed to go out and buy physical card decks, and those have a code you can put in to unlock those decks in the game. I don't think that'll provide much advantage, though, 'cause nobody plays preconstructed decks out of the box, so they're just as simple as the other decks only with different types.
Well, yes. I figured that. Still, the online system as a whole is technically in beta, so I think allowing deckbuilding is something they'll focus on later.

But yeah, when you are (were?) forced to play with low-op decks, you can expect the game to change based on coin flips.
They're good to learn on: the online Basic Fire deck is built to blast away your opponent with high-power, high-energy (and often energy-burning) attacks.

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 04:21 PM
There are so many cards that are straight up better than Bill these days. Cheren is a card that actually reads "Draw 3 cards." That's it. No frills, nothing special, just do it. There are others, like one that's "Discard an energy, then draw 4 cards" and one that's "look at the top 8 cards of your deck, reveal all the energy, then put those into your hand and shuffle the rest away," and one that's "Look at the top 5 cards, choose 2 to your hand and discard the rest." There's also a card that lets you search for any 3 Basic Pokemon and put them into your hand. Bill is just old hat. Also, they "balanced" the card drawing by making it so that you can only play 1 such trainer per turn.

There's also Magnezone, whose Pokemon Power actually says "Draw until you have 6 in your hand," and there's Cleffa, whose attack for 0 Energy says "Shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 6 cards" and then it becomes almost invulnerable. There's also Ninetails, which turns all your Fire Energy into Cherens.

Mando Knight
2012-01-10, 04:30 PM
There's also Ninetails, which turns all your Fire Energy into Cherens.

There's another Ninetails (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales_%28Unleashed_20%29) that grabs three Fire Energy from the discards and attaches them to any of your Pokémon. It's an attack (but only one Energy), though, but one of the "wait, this deck has the potential to work" moments I had with the TCG Online's fire deck was realizing just how easy it is for it to pull Energy out of your discards between Fisherman (four directly to your hand), Burning Tower (Stadium that gives each player a chance to pull one energy to the hand on their turn), and that Ninetails.

(And there's another Ninetails (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales_%28Platinum_36%29) with a null-energy attack that pulls a random amount of Fire Energy from the deck onto your Pokémon, but that's not included in the basic Online decks...)

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 04:33 PM
A "random" amount". Which 50% of the time is 0. Yeah, somehow that doesn't seem worth the slot when I could play a Ninetails that turns my Fire Energys into Cherens.

The fact that it's an attack makes it a bit weaker. From what I've played, the TCG is about who can set up fastest and stay set up longest.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-10, 05:42 PM
Emcee's Chatter (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Emcee%27s_Chatter_%28Unleashed_73%29) is a Super-Bill. Fail? It's Bill. Succeed? It's better.
Well, pre-errata, I wouldn't be too certain. Most old decks would prefer to draw eight cards in one turn than twelve cards over four turns.:smalltongue:

(And there's another Ninetails (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales_%28Platinum_36%29) with a null-energy attack that pulls a random amount of Fire Energy from the deck onto your Pokémon, but that's not included in the basic Online decks...)
What did I just tell you about flipping coins? :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

No, seriously, that's the Zeitgeist from back when. You shouldn't use a Poke Ball (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Ball_(Jungle_64)), for example, because Computer Search (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Computer_Search) will grab you the card you want without a fifty percent chance of doing nothing.

:smalltongue: That said, I'm one to talk about this, 'cause one of my real-life decks started out as, "FLIP SO MANY COINS THAT I HAVE TO HIT A LUCKY STREAK SOMETIME."

Mando Knight
2012-01-10, 09:06 PM
Shh. The point isn't the particulars, it's that the game has moved on.

Darth Vader Riding Charizard: Argument is invalid.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkisgn12e1qf7dauo1_1280.jpg

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-10, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't that be an 8x weakness to Stealth Rock? I wouldn't play it.

tgva8889
2012-01-10, 09:36 PM
What do you mean? Darth Vader is Steel/Dark type. He resists Stealth Rocks.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-10, 09:56 PM
He's Flying/Dark in the Digitally Remastered 3D version.

The-Mage-King
2012-01-11, 03:13 AM
Hm... I'm considering doing a runthrough of one of my Gen4 games. Magicarp with everstone as my "starter", with only a mercy Pidgey/Pidove to help.

Should I?

tgva8889
2012-01-11, 03:28 AM
He's Flying/Dark in the Digitally Remastered 3D version.

Wait, what? How is he not Steel/Dark?

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-11, 11:42 AM
:smalltongue:Well, George Lucas was involved.

Mando Knight
2012-01-11, 11:52 AM
:smalltongue:Well, George Lucas was involved.

No, see, Vader is like Scizor. As Anakin, he was such a wizard with fighters while (still being moody) that he was Dark/Flying. Then he got thrown into a lava pit while Obi-Wan traded him to Palpatine, which evolved him into the Dark/Steel Vader.

tgva8889
2012-01-11, 02:35 PM
I still don't get the Flying-type. I'd more likely consider him Dark/Psychic or Dark/Fighting. Or even Fighting/Psychic, slowly transforming to Dark as he "evolved" into a Sith.

AtlanteanTroll
2012-01-11, 03:25 PM
I still don't get the Flying-type. I'd more likely consider him Dark/Psychic or Dark/Fighting. Or even Fighting/Psychic, slowly transforming to Dark as he "evolved" into a Sith.
But after the whole lava incident, he needs the Steel typing...

tgva8889
2012-01-11, 03:26 PM
I'm talking about Anakin Skywalker there. Darth Vader is quite obviously Steel/Dark type.

AtlanteanTroll
2012-01-11, 03:29 PM
I'm talking about Anakin Skywalker there. Darth Vader is quite obviously Steel/Dark type.

Oh... Derpin'

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-11, 06:58 PM
So, what you're saying is, you expect George Lucas to do something that makes logical sense and benefits the entire nerddom, as opposed to making a bad decision involving a rereleaseremake that's still good business sense because it'll profit anyways?

Oh my gosh it worked! I've finally reached a parallel dimension!

Mando Knight
2012-01-11, 07:21 PM

The one thing he's good at other than swinging laser swords around and complaining about how The Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d1dR2170o) is keeping him down is flying things.

tgva8889
2012-01-11, 08:11 PM
Yes, but there are only 3 Pokemon in all 5 generations that are Flying-type that don't have wings, and that's because they're all sitting on weather events. He doesn't have wings. He's very clearly a Humanshape Pokemon, and none of those are Flying-type. He can learn Fly if necessary, though honestly I think the best he can do is Jump Kick. As a Jedi, he's probably Fighting/Psychic type. As a Sith, he's either Fighting/Dark or Psychic/Dark, most likely. I'd go with Fighting/Dark, as his training gives him Fighting status and his switch from Light Side to Dark Side makes him Dark-type. You could also argue Normal instead of Fighting for Jedi, but I think Flying makes no sense on what is clearly a human being.

Now Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, that'd be Flying-type.

Edit: I don't really care what Lucas did or did not do. Based on Pokemon precedent and my understanding of what Anakin Skywalker is, he cannot possibly be Flying-type.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-11, 08:20 PM
Yes, but there are only 3 Pokemon in all 5 generations that are Flying-type that don't have wings, and that's because they're all sitting on weather events.
Drifloon and Drifblim maybe have wings if you use your imagination, but... What about Doduo and Dodrio!?

E: And Gyarados. Maybe Jumpluff, too.

tgva8889
2012-01-11, 08:30 PM
It's arguable that Gyarados has wings, but okay, so I didn't actually go research all of them. But Anakin is very rarely floating in the air of his own accord, unlike several of those guys. And Doduo and Dodrio are quite clearly birds and have feathers. I'd give them way more of a pass than a human with supernatural abilities to move objects and manipulate minds. Though it still eludes me as to how Dodrio could use Fly in any game ever.

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-11, 08:33 PM
Same way Doduo does it (http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?comic=030711), but with 25 more base speed.:smallwink:

Qwertystop
2012-01-11, 08:35 PM
Though it still eludes me as to how Dodrio could use Fly in any game ever.

Helicopternecks.

EDIT: Ninjaed, plus you found the link...

boj0
2012-01-11, 10:25 PM
Guess who has an upgraded laptop with functioning internet? :smallbiggrin:

tgva8889
2012-01-11, 11:11 PM
Black Lanturn Gengar?

Terry576
2012-01-11, 11:14 PM
Finally got a Pokemon of the Ground/Dragon variety. :smallsmile:

Now to try and grind him in the Battle Subway even though that IS PROBABLY IMPOSSIBLE

(I hate grinding Gabite. So much. His stats are just so terrible :smallyuk:)

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-11, 11:15 PM
:smallconfused: Um, yeah. You can't gain any experience points in the Battle Subway, so...

tgva8889
2012-01-11, 11:16 PM
You can grind points and then buy Rare Candies. Highly, highly inefficient, and you don't get any EVs, but it is doable.

Terry576
2012-01-11, 11:25 PM
I knew it was PROBABLY IMPOSSIBLE so Gabite is going to participate in the Audino Massacre of 2012.

RIP AUDINOs. WE BARELY KNEW YOU, BECAUSE GAMEFREAK GAVE YOU ALL SUCH HIGH EXP RATIOS.

I did finally decide what my team will be for endgame stuff.

Garchamp for the sheer and total gamebreaker that is Garchomp.
Chandelure because sp.atk all day erryday.
Lawnmotom because Grass/Electric and speed.
Milotic for walling.
Zoroark to mess around with people.
Hydreigon for mixed attacks.

It doesn't compare to the old competitive battling team I had though. Then again, that team was hardground from level one up to be the best.

Tyranitar Lead (Stone Edge, Earthquake, Crunch, Rock Slide)
SubDance Garchomp (Substitute, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Dragon Claw)
Agiligross (Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Agility, Zen Headbutt)
Dragon Dance Salamence (Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower)
Healer Vaporeon (Wish, Protect, Surf, Ice Beam)
Wall Blissey (Seismic Toss, Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, ???)

The Healer Vaporeon was what pissed people off. Switch in on poor Heatran, then wish so the heatran swaps out to heal up pokes. :smalltongue:

OracleofWuffing
2012-01-11, 11:31 PM
Don't forget to bring a level 41 or higher Pickup dude or five with you for bonus candies.

Mando Knight
2012-01-11, 11:49 PM
It's January. That means Unova is in Spring. That means you have access to my favorite chest sack of XP trainer in Unova.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/38/Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png/170px-Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png

Terry576
2012-01-12, 12:11 AM
My team is far too underleveled currently for CYNTHIA, WOMAN OF COATS.

EDIT: Unless I use the totally broken team that my friend gave me before he restarted his white cartridge. :smalltongue: Level 85 Zoroark and Level 75 Hydreigon? I think I have a winning team here.

TSED
2012-01-12, 01:24 AM
It's January. That means Unova is in Spring. That means you have access to my favorite chest sack of XP trainer in Unova.

SPEAKING OF! Any other spring-related things that I should jump on before it stops being spring? Spring-only pokes or whatever?

ShinyRocks
2012-01-12, 08:58 AM
Bwah! Super Singles. Stupid Stockpiling Quagsire killed my Metagross and my Volcarona. And then my Espeon, who's mostly just there to put up screens, killed the Quagsire, and an Electrode, and a Nidoqueen by spamming Psychic.

boj0
2012-01-12, 01:03 PM
In game competitive: where all common sense is thrown out.

TSED
2012-01-12, 01:44 PM
I love it when they throw me a quagsire! I pretty much always use my chandelure in SS, and run it with energy ball. Quagsires are perfect minimize fodder.

Mando Knight
2012-01-12, 01:56 PM
SPEAKING OF! Any other spring-related things that I should jump on before it stops being spring? Spring-only pokes or whatever?
Spring Deerling, if you haven't gotten the Leaf Stone from the scientists yet. Otherwise, the Pokémon available are pretty constant from Spring through Autumn. It's Winter that throws a curveball.