PDA

View Full Version : Might Tarquin and Sabine have a 'history'?

rbetieh
2011-12-22, 01:11 AM
A few of the most recent comics have Sabines reacting rather emotionally even at just the mention of Tarquin. It has me wondering if she isn't an Ex-Wife, I mean she can shapeshift and her original mission from director Lee might have been "infiltrate Tarquins organization". Her reactions seem to point to having a personal problem with Tarquin, It could be just her trying to protect Nale, but her reactions to others going after Nale have never seemed this emotional....

Well just wondering if anyone else out there thinks this is a possibility.

irenicObserver
2011-12-22, 01:16 AM
It could easily be how she met Nale. Infiltrate Tarquin's organization, but then she realizes Nale is a much easier target, what with his ego thing. I'm not sure if she fell in lovevil with him before or after the manipulation.

Ancalagon
2011-12-22, 10:17 AM
I find it very likely they had sex given how both of them seem to approach it casually. Beyond that? Unlikely. Tarquin is not that stupid and even if he was (temporary love), he'd be too risk-aware and calculating to date a succubus.

Raistlin82
2011-12-22, 10:52 AM
Another stab to Nale's unstable self-esteem.
Hmmm, I could actually see that happening. :smallconfused:

NerfTW
2011-12-22, 02:25 PM
Where you're seeing anger at Tarquin, I'm seeing over-protectiveness of Nale. She wants Nale to succeed, and sees Tarquin as constantly putting him down. Tarquin joining Nale's team makes it very likely that he will try to control the team.

Sabine loves Nale with all her otherworldly demon soul, and becomes angry at anything that gets in the way of his goals.

And the idea that anything short of a long term relationship would make her react that way is proven false by her many statments that she has casual sex very often, that being her job and all.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-22, 04:22 PM
I find it very likely they had sex given how both of them seem to approach it casually. Beyond that? Unlikely. Tarquin is not that stupid and even if he was (temporary love), he'd be too risk-aware and calculating to date a succubus.

Unless he didn't know Sabine was a succubus.

King of Nowhere
2011-12-22, 05:20 PM
I think sabine's reacting emotionally is because of distrust for tarquin and protectiveness for nale.
That said... did they have a story?
With what we know of sabine, if we were to pick a random living being and ask "did they had a story at some point", "yes" would be a likely ansewr just for the statistical purpose. It is fully possible sabine bedded tarquin at some point, but if it happned, there's never been anything more.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-22, 05:51 PM
It is fully possible sabine bedded tarquin at some point, but if it happned, there's never been anything more.

More than likely if you consider what she did in three hours (and errands). (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0394.html):smallwink:

veti
2011-12-22, 09:53 PM
Maybe Sabine has her own plans for what's next in the Linear Guild's itinerary. She knows she can wrap Nale around her finger easily enough, but Tarquin has actual backbone.

Maybe she simply doesn't buy Tarquin's line that he's actually willing to side with Nale, when only a panel ago he was ready to kill him.

Or maybe she just reacts negatively because she's a frickin' demon, she's literally made of negative emotions - chiefly lust, but also with unhealthy doses of anger, fear, hatred, suspicion, envy and shame, to name but a few.

Zjoot
2011-12-22, 10:27 PM
Or it could always be bitterness over the fact that they fought Tarquin before (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0725.html) and obviously lost.

Ulysses WkAmil
2011-12-23, 12:05 AM
A rebound after Elan's mother perhaps? :smallconfused:

rbetieh
2011-12-23, 01:25 AM
Well, I am of the opinion that she may actually be an ex-wife, because she is much older than Nale, can shapeshift, and as Miko showed, can go from dead to alive rather easily. If she never revealed herself to be a devil to Tarquin, maybe he just went through the motions with her and never realized it. But she could still be harboring some resentment over it....

Gift Jeraff
2011-12-23, 01:55 AM
I may have said this a while back, but it would be pretty funny if Sabine was Tarquin's fifth wife, 'cause that would mean he compared her to her hated enemy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0726.html). :smalltongue:

But I thought the reasons for her reactions were quite obvious--she doesn't want him to get involved with the Gates because he is harder to manipulate than Nale and is a potential threat to the IFCC's goals. She's probably afraid of getting in trouble for this (and more importantly, since Nale is responsible for Tarquin's involvement, the Directors may feel he has outlived his usefulness).

Bulldog Psion
2011-12-23, 04:50 AM
Considering that both she and Nale are in immediate danger of death from Tarquin and Malack, I don't think we need to look too deeply for the reason why she seems a bit agitated.