PDA

View Full Version : The Absolute Power! [3.5 Base Class PEACH]

Amechra
2011-12-22, 02:06 AM
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/0/640x588_245_Deathhand_2d_fantasy_magic_warrior_gir l_female_woman_monster_picture_image_digital_art.j pg (http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/0/640x588_245_Deathhand_2d_fantasy_magic_warrior_gir l_female_woman_monster_picture_image_digital_art.j pg)

I am far more potent than you, mere wizard; you merely tell the universe what to do but I, yes I remake it in my image!

Forsaken Icon of the Grand Hierarchal Transcendence Ever Reborn (Henceforth referred to as the Icon.)

You have done it. You've unlocked the secrets of life, death, and the universe. Certainly, the universe pushes back against your changes quite vigorously, but that is nothing to one who can remake the world in their image at will!

You are a warper of reality, perfectly willing to be at the front line, perfectly willing to slay all of your foes. Let the wizard hide behind their spells and walls; they are unnecessary to one such as you.

Alignment: Any
Hit Dice: d4
Skill Points: 2+Int, 4*(2+Int)
Class Skills: The Icon’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), and Ride (Dex)

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Class Features
1|+0|+0|+0|+0|Remake World +1, Universe's Curse, Remade World Kata, Falsification of the Armored Form, Health of the Godling +6
2|+1|+0|+0|+0|Health of the Godling +3
3|+1|+1|+1|+1|Remake World +2, Fear of the Unnatural (Skill Focus (Intimidate)), Health of the Godling +3
4|+2|+1|+1|+1|Health of the Godling +3
5|+2|+1|+1|+1|Remake World +3, Fear of the Unnatural (Extend Fear), Health of the Godling +3
6|+3|+2|+2|+2|Discrete Warping I, Health of the Godling +3
7|+3|+2|+2|+2|Remake World +4, Health of the Godling +3
8|+4|+2|+2|+2|Health of the Godling +3
9|+4|+3|+3|+3|Remake World +5, Fear of the Unnatural (Swift Fear), Health of the Godling +3
10|+5|+3|+3|+3|Health of the Godling +3
11|+5|+3|+3|+3|Remake World +6, Discrete Warping II, Health of the Godling +3
12|+6/+1|+4|+4|+4|Health of the Godling +3
13|+6/+1|+4|+4|+4|Remake World +7, Health of the Godling +3
14|+7/+2|+4|+4|+4|Health of the Godling +3
15|+7/+2|+5|+5|+5|Remake World +8, Health of the Godling +3
16|+8/+3|+5|+5|+5|Discrete Warping III, Health of the Godling +3
17|+8/+3|+5|+5|+5|Remake World +9, Health of the Godling +3
18|+9/+4|+6|+6|+6|Health of the Godling +3
19|+9/+4|+6|+6|+6|Remake World +10, Health of the Godling +3
20|+10/+5|+6|+6|+6|Health of the Godling +3[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: You are proficient in all Simple Weapons and Light Armor (but see Remake the World).

Remake the World (Ex): Others seek to do what you do, but no-one has nearly the capability! You are unique in your power.

As an attack action, you may unmake and remake the universe, leaving no real changes but the gash upon your foe's body; however, due to the stresses of paradox and suchlike, you may only use this power to duplicate the effects of being struck by a weapon that you are holding that you are proficient in; for the purpose of this ability and for prerequisites, you are proficient in all martial weapons.

You must make an attack roll, which is treated in every way as though it were normally from that weapon, from any range that that weapon would normally be able to strike if it were in your hands. The attack gains a bonus to its attack roll equal to the listed bonus. For the purpose of using an effect like Combat Expertise, add that bonus to your BAB.

Alternatively, you may perform this class feature's function as a full-attack action; in which case, you are allowed extra "attacks" through feats or spell effects that would add more attacks to a full attack, but do not gain any bonus attacks due to BAB.

It is a mark of your great skill that you are potent enough to do this; however, if you are immobilized, or would otherwise be unable to use the weapon in your hands, you may not use this class feature.

Finally, it is good to know that, though your prowess is lacking, your potent will is strong enough to fool it otherwise; this means that you add your bonus from this ability to your BAB for the purpose of prerequisites, and you also count as if levels in this class were levels in the Fighter class for the purpose of any feat prerequisites. Indeed, you also add all Strength-based skills as class skills for this class, as you remake the universe into believing you strong.

Universe's Curse (Ex) It is a sad fact that, though you may remake the universe, the universe managed to pull a fast one on you. As such, any spell that would serve to increase your BAB ignores your levels in this class when raising the BAB. In addition, if an effect that is not a spell would ever increase your BAB, you lose the bonus from Remake the World in surprise until the increase in BAB is removed.

After all, the universe is so afraid of the idea that you could be grand at that most potent of roles- melee combat.

Remade World Kata (Ex):
Of course, remaking the world is not easy; as such, there are a few well-followed patterns you have discovered.

You have two choices to begin with: the Path of the Ripping Warrior, or the Path of the Wise Sage.

If you choose the Path of the Ripping Warrior, you learn how to tear into the very existence of your surprised foes when you remake them, dealing far more damage than could be thought possible. Whenever you use your Remake the World ability on a creature within 30' that is denied their Dexterity modifier, you deal a number of d6s of extra damage equal to your bonus from Remake the World. This damage is difficult to use against those that are resistant to change, or those that are able to instinctively dodge their own fates; any effect or immunity that would block Sneak Attack applies to this damage, as well as any effect that allows you to sacrifice Sneak Attack dice or otherwise modify a Sneak Attack.

This subtle manner of wrecking the world allows you to count these dice of damage as an equivalent amount of Sneak Attack damage for the purpose of prerequisites.

The other path grants a boon at the first level, and every even level thereafter, from the following list. Unless specified otherwise, all of these abilities are extraordinary abilities, and may only be selected once:
False Prowess- Your rebuilding of the world is so extensive that it fools the world into believing that you have more prowess than you actually do; as a result, you gain a single Fighter Bonus Feat that you qualify for as a Bonus Feat. This Kata may be selected an unlimited number of times.

Altered World Polarity- You must be at least a 4th level Icon to select this abilty; if you do, you may, as a free action, align your damage from Remake the World to be aligned in such a way that it matched your alignment, therefore bypassing certain types of damage reduction. This ability lasts indefinitely until the Icon chooses to suppress the effect as a free action. This is a Supernatural ability.

Armored by Paradox As an immediate action, you cause the world to break down, allowing you to defend yourself from assault. When you do this, you add your attack bonus from Remake the World and your BAB together, and halve the resulting number. Add that number as a sacred or profane bonus to armor class, as it was granted by the greatest of gods... yourself.

This bonus lasts until your next action; however, during this time, you receive a penalty to all attack rolls and uses of Remake the World equal to the bonus.

Changed Position- Pending

Others to come.

Falsificiation of the Armored Form (Ex): You wrap a small degree of your power about yourself, thus defending your very soul.

You must select one of these options at 1st level, when you first gain this ability; these abilities represent different methods of being defended by the universe.

-You are proficient in all armors and all shields, as you have remade the universe into one where they are as light as a feather for you.
-You receive a +2 untyped bonus to Initiative and you may add your Dexterity Modifier to any Remake the World use against a flat-footed opponent. You are also proficient in all Medium armors and all shields excepting Tower Shields.
-You may ignore the spell failure chance for light armor and light shields.

Health of the Godling (Ex) Your essence is eternal, though your body is weak.

Thanks to extensive fiddling, you receive a number of bonus hit points each level equal to the amount listed on the table. These are not temporary hit points, but are actual hit points representing the fortitude of your fate.

And while we speak of fortitude, your massive ability to redefine the world has lent you a certain toughness; levels in this class count as if they had a good Fortitude save progression for both the purpose of prerequisites and the actual bonus granted to Fortitude saves.

Fear the Unnatural (Ex): Your very presence as a godling has a way of messing with people's minds; they respond in utter fear, usually.

At 3rd level, you gain Skill Focus (Intimidate).

At 5th level, your visage hangs in front of your target's eyes for a whole weak, meaning that any usage of the Intimidate skill on that creature to influence a character's behavior lasts for that period of time.

At 9th level, you may intimidate a creature in combat as a swift action.

Discrete Warping (Ex): It is presumptuous to believe that one should be limited to warping the world such a small amount, when you yourself can remake the world in your image.

At 6th level, when using Remake the World as a full attack action, you gain an additional attack at a -5 penalty.

At 11th level and 16th level, you gain additional bonus attacks at a -10 and -15 penalty, respectively.
Hi! I'm trying to hide the fact that this is a joke, and that this is just a heavily reflavored Fighter. First one who gets it gets a cookie!

bobthe6th
2011-12-22, 03:58 AM
he...heh...haha...ahahahahaha! ok, this looks fun. so it is a melee class, with some really fun fluff. now a question, why doesn't it get an SLA wish at higher levels?

Ziegander
2011-12-22, 04:54 AM
So, it's a Fighter with horrible saves, and your choice of sneak attack or a few special abilities? In some ways it seems worse than the standard Fighter class, and the benefits it gains over the norm don't seem to be very impressive. Is this just meant as a joke or is it supposed to be a joke with some substance?

Zeta Kai
2011-12-22, 08:14 AM
I had a long multi-paragraph post written, savaging this class as horribly sub-par & poorly written...

...And then I got the joke. :smallannoyed: I'm still not laughing.

Salbazier
2011-12-22, 08:27 AM
I had a long multi-paragraph post written, savaging this class as horribly sub-par & poorly written...

...And then I got the joke. :smallannoyed: I'm still not laughing.

That actually made me laughing :smallbiggrin:

Siosilvar
2011-12-22, 12:57 PM
Well played.

radmelon
2011-12-22, 02:18 PM
I don't get it.

Steward
2011-12-22, 03:09 PM
Just glancing through here, some initial thoughts:

#1 -- "Remake the World" is way too strong to hand out at the first level of a base class like that. To compare, Wizards only get Limited Wish at 13th level and Wish at 17th. I recommend either taking it out entirely, making it the capstone of the class, or (better yet) make this a prestige class with tough entrance requirements and make this feature the capstone of that class. If you're going to include gamebreaking nonsense like that, at least make it so that anyone can't just take a one-level dip and start pulling out shenanigans like this:

You must make an attack roll, which is treated in every way as though it were normally from that weapon, from any range that that weapon would normally be able to strike if it were in your hands. The attack gains a bonus to its attack roll equal to the listed bonus. For the purpose of using an effect like Combat Expertise, add that bonus to your BAB.

...hold on a minute....

Alternatively, you may perform this class feature's function as a full-attack action; in which case, you are allowed extra "attacks" through feats or spell effects that would add more attacks to a full attack, but do not gain any bonus attacks due to BAB.

...um...

It is a mark of your great skill that you are potent enough to do this; however, if you are immobilized, or would otherwise be unable to use the weapon in your hands, you may not use this class feature.

Huh?

Okay, maybe 'gamebreaking' was a little harsh...

Siosilvar
2011-12-22, 03:35 PM
I don't get it.

It has, effectively, Full BAB, a d10 HD, no good saves, a handful of Intimidate bonuses, and your choice of Sneak Attack or Fighter bonus feats (including a few ACFs). Other than that, nothing.

Deth Muncher
2011-12-22, 03:45 PM
First rule of GitP - check the white-text.

Amechra
2011-12-22, 03:46 PM
In other words, [Message Redacted]

I know, I know, it is kinda in poor taste.

EDIT: Whoops, left out the part in Health of the Godling that sets your Fort save progression in this class to full.

Elfstone
2011-12-22, 06:29 PM
I will henceforth refer any player who asks to play a fighter to this thread.

Well played.

Acidic_Cakes
2011-12-22, 06:46 PM
This is one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen. I was expecting a joke entry based on the name, but kudos for taking it in the exact opposite direction of what I was expecting.

Zeta Kai
2011-12-22, 08:28 PM
In other words, I rewrote the Fighter in a way that initially looks like it isn't the fighter.

Relevant TVTropes Page (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontExplainTheJoke?from=Main.ptitle0t9r68ih)

Also, I like the acronym of the class title.

radmelon
2011-12-22, 08:53 PM
*facepalm* How did I not see that? :mitd: