PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to see through Fog Clouds?

imneuromancer
2011-12-22, 02:16 PM
There seems to be a lot of ways to see through Darkness effects, but I can't find any that go through Cloud-like effects (Stinking Cloud, Fog Cloud, Solid Fog, etc.).

Any spells in the whole 3.5 mess of books that allow you to see through Fog??

rmg22893
2011-12-22, 02:21 PM
There is no spell that I know of, but there is this. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20050311a)

ericgrau
2011-12-22, 02:23 PM
Typically you find a way to get blindsight, or at minimum blindsense+blindfight (or blindsense+area spells if a caster). Being a grimlock (MM1) is the simpliest way I know to get blindsight, but that method is more for melee. Next carry smoke sticks and go to town. Or ask the party caster for a fog or, better yet, sleet storm. Rogue grimlock with spiked chain, combat reflexes and pumped balance charges in to the storm, sneak attackalarity ensues.

Psyren
2011-12-22, 03:09 PM
Touchsight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/touchsight.htm) should penetrate fog as well.

Swooper
2011-12-22, 04:01 PM
There's a soulmeld that does that, but I don't know what it's called (the incarnate in one of my groups refluffs eveything he does so heavily no one knows what he's doing most of the time). Anyway, it's a crown bind I think, and it illuminates everything in a 60' radius despite fog etc.

Psyren
2011-12-22, 04:21 PM
There's a soulmeld that does that, but I don't know what it's called (the incarnate in one of my groups refluffs eveything he does so heavily no one knows what he's doing most of the time). Anyway, it's a crown bind I think, and it illuminates everything in a 60' radius despite fog etc.

Ick; Diadem of Purelight. You're usually better off not using it; it nerfs your allies too, and keeps you from putting a more useful soulmeld up there.

Swooper
2011-12-22, 05:15 PM
Ick; Diadem of Purelight. You're usually better off not using it; it nerfs your allies too, and keeps you from putting a more useful soulmeld up there.
Well yeah. It negates concealment for anyone in a radius around the meldshaper. Was still pretty useful in our last encounter, which happened in rather foggy conditions, and an overall useful tool to have though of course you don't want it in there all the time.

Incriptus
2011-12-22, 05:21 PM
Blindsight'ed stuff is probably the big one . . . assuming you don't want to Gust of Wind it away

herrhauptmann
2011-12-23, 12:27 AM
The feat Pierce magic concealment should allow you to negate the miss chances associated with the fog cloud (miss chances resulting from the effects of a spell). However, it doesn't really help you choose the right square to attack.