PDA

View Full Version : Stories of the most hated BBEGs

BobVosh
2011-12-22, 04:53 PM
I want to hear some stories of BBEGs you either ran or played against that you hated, just purely despised. What I don't want is a BBEG that is hated because it was annoying, not just pure evil.

I'm trying to build one for my party so I'm totally going to use this thread for inspiration. I want my PCs to revile the guy.

elvengunner69
2011-12-22, 05:00 PM
I want to hear some stories of BBEGs you either ran or played against that you hated, just purely despised. What I don't want is a BBEG that is hated because it was annoying, not just pure evil.

I'm trying to build one for my party so I'm totally going to use this thread for inspiration. I want my PCs to revile the guy.

On a campaign I was in that ended a few months ago the BBEG was a Black/Gold Dragon mix. He was really well thought out by the DM in that he had a very mixed personality. He would aid a group of orphans who survived the destruction of their city but then would pose as a Cleric and create unholy crusades.

It was almost like the world was his playground and he was bored. We eventually were able to challenge him to a duel where he linked his HPs with a large town (every time we hit him for damage towns people would die). We eventually found the link and defeated him. He was the union of a BD raping a GD so he I guess he had 'issues' growing up. :thog:

Incriptus
2011-12-22, 06:07 PM
Gerard Freestander

He's a bad guy. All of the PC's hate him. He is the supreme commander of the Three Kingdom Alliance's millitary forces, it's clear to any PC that he has aspiration of turning the Kingdoms in to a communist paradise. He is something of a Diplomancer and has a touch of GM immunity. There is an alterior motive for everything he does & That Keg of Potion of Glibbness goes along ways ;-)

The worse thing about him, out right killing him makes everything worse! He's very important to the stability of the region. Instead of the fundemental transformation that he's working you get instant chaos. . . Plus he's something of a bad-ass as well.

motoko's ghost
2011-12-22, 06:14 PM
Red dragon,he didnt really have a name.
The whole encounter was just pure :smallmad: moments, because we find him in his lair, unleash hell only to be told that it was only an illusion, despite several of our party actually asking if it was(had various divinations up) until we couldn't take it any more and tried to leave at which point it did show up under about 8-9 buffs and promptly killed us all, it was basically the DM just killing us all off.

FMArthur
2011-12-22, 06:31 PM
Our party was really friendly. Whenever we all got into towns, we learned about the goings-on and spent time roleplaying with key shopkeepers/bartenders, useful residents and occasionally people we'd rescued. Even the evil ones spent time bonding with mafia bosses, teaching urchins to steal and such. We made a (frustrating) point of learning all their names. We were seen as heroes for the most part and we were having lighthearted adventuring fun.

At one point we caught the attention of the evil ruler of the realm, Falmorn, who'd lived for centuries conquering the surrounding lands. He was basically your typical Dread Emperor with black plate and dark magic and all that. Yawn, right? We pissed him off by preventing the unjust execution of his son.

He burned down any establishments we were seen entering after that event and had anyone we were seen talking to impaled on stakes in the buildings' remains. Maybe some of it really was annoyance, like people being unwilling to sell us stuff and having to be super careful about sneaking around, but damn did it ever feel horrible to encounter the charred remains of a friendly inn we thought we were so careful not to be seen in... :smallfrown:

Anyway that's probably the most reviled villain of all time in my current group.

limejuicepowder
2011-12-22, 06:44 PM
This is a BBEG that I made up, but I think I did a good job with him - the person I was playing with said he was awful and hated, anyways.

It was so long ago I don't remember his name, but the short of the long is the PC was playing a werewolf, and through some trials and tribulations managed to form a small pack. The pack gets involved in the business of the BBEG, so in response he kills the PC's entire pack, and traps the PC's (potential) girlfriend's essence in a dagger. He then gives the dagger to the PC and lets the PC leave, "just to see what you're going to do next."

At least the PC got a kick-ass magical dagger out of the deal...plus he could talk to his gf when holding the dagger. Still pretty evil though.