PDA

View Full Version : Last mention of my krenshar character, I swear... I hope

Mclane
2011-12-23, 03:09 AM
Okay, so I made a krenshar ranger. Everything seems to be going fine with it, but there's one weakness. I can't wear armor. This includes shields... duh. My Dex is 22, so +6 to AC, and +3 for natural armor, but that's only 19 AC. I'm the DM so I'm allowing my character to wear certain equipables, such as rings, provided he wears them on his tail. The people I'm playing with have already said that they're okay with this, so you don't need to worry about that. What I need to know is if there's any other way to get my AC up. I know about improved natural armor, but I don't know if taking it is a good idea. Thoughts?

starwoof
2011-12-23, 03:13 AM
Why can't you wear armor? :smallconfused: Mithral shirt barding seems to be just the ticket.

umbergod
2011-12-23, 03:22 AM
Why can't you wear armor? :smallconfused: Mithral shirt barding seems to be just the ticket.

this. you cant wear armor traditionally, but you can wear barding just fine, just costs a lot

Mclane
2011-12-23, 03:27 AM
Hm, I re-read the description in the glossary of MM1, and it does only say that they aren't proficient in the armor, but I guess the class levels would give them that proficiency. So, mithral shirt barding? Okay. But, uh, where can I find that? :smallredface: Oh wait, got it :smalltongue: Thanks.

umbergod
2011-12-23, 03:47 AM
barding is costly, but thats only the base cost i believe, you wouldnt have to pay 4 times the cost of mithral as well iirc