PDA

View Full Version : Put the Game System in Your Title Please

Debihuman
2011-12-23, 12:35 PM
I really hate to say this but I am only good with 3.5. I don't yet play Pathfinder and I refuse to play 4e. If you don't put what game system is in your title, you are wasting time for the people who could help you. I tend to skip posts if i don't think I can help. I definitely skip posts where I know I can't help.

Note: there are enough differences in Pathfinder from 3.5 that it should be noted which game the post is for.

If you want feedback ask for it in your title PEACH is an an acronym for Please Edit and Critique Honestly. If you don't want feedback state so.

If you put WIP (work in progress) in your title, I usually will wait until it is done.

If you want my help, feel free to ask me.

Debby
Your friendly neighborhood monster editor

Knaight
2011-12-23, 12:45 PM
Fun fact: There are games other than Pathfinder and D&D.

bobthe6th
2011-12-23, 01:06 PM
But people tend to put the name of those games in the title. if they are writing exalted they almost always put exalted in the title. 4e people are also good about it. and pathfinder tends to have a note. but people still leave it off.

Debihuman
2011-12-23, 03:02 PM
3.5, 4e and Pathfinder are the predominate games. Others will show up but since Order of the Stick started with 3rd edition, it makes sense that's what drives this forum. Hardly anyone will come here expecting other games.

If someone came here looking for World of Darkness help, I'd be really surprised. Anyone who has read even a bit of this forum could suss out that it's predominately some version of D&D.

On the other hand, most people don't play many other games. Expletive deleted, they balk at using 3rd party material most of the time.

Debby

Howler Dagger
2011-12-23, 03:42 PM
If someone came here looking for World of Darkness help, I'd be really surprised. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226433)

fixed it for you:smallwink:

Debihuman
2011-12-23, 11:08 PM
fixed it for you:smallwink:

Um, that link goes to a different forum, not the homebrew forum.

Debby

SamBurke
2011-12-23, 11:39 PM
Um, that link goes to a different forum, not the homebrew forum.

Debby

Where else would you ask for help? I always ask around the RPG forum, not the homebrew. However, I don't see much non-DnD homebrew (though there is some)

I've seen tons of WoD and Exalted and other stuff around here.

Debihuman
2011-12-25, 07:52 AM
Where else would you ask for help? I always ask around the RPG forum, not the homebrew. However, I don't see much non-DnD homebrew (though there is some)

I've seen tons of WoD and Exalted and other stuff around there.

Fixed it for ya. You are talking about a different forum.

I was specifically requesting that people in this forum (the Homebrew Design forum) to note the game system in their titles.

If you look around this forum, you will note that there are a lot of requests for help (mostly D&D, some Exalted, but almost no WOD ) posted. Of course, there could be some, but I haven't noticed it. Guess the homebrewers aren't as prolific for those games or they just post in other forums.

Debby

Knaight
2011-12-25, 07:15 PM
If you look around this forum, you will note that there are a lot of requests for help (mostly D&D, some Exalted, but almost no WOD ) posted. Of course, there could be some, but I haven't noticed it. Guess the homebrewers aren't as prolific for those games or they just post in other forums.

I strongly suspect the latter, given what the GURPS, Burning Wheel, and Fudge forums look like. Particularly the Fudge forums, in which "homebrewer" is basically an assumed state of everyone there.

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-25, 10:35 PM
And here I thought I was the only person unlabeled threads bugged the heck out of. System and vaguely what it is in the title is amazing, folks. It's seriously not that hard to put (3.5 feats, PEACH) or something like it in the thread header, and it usually means the difference between me reading a thread or not reading it.

almightyk
2011-12-25, 11:02 PM
i just changed my post title, thanks for the advice :)