PDA

View Full Version : Sweet wonder, why is the un-nerdy gifted with an NES?

Madara
2011-12-23, 03:05 PM
The other day I went to a party. We were playing on their gamecube when I noticed something on their shelf, it was an NES. When asked, the girl hosting the party called it a Nes (http://images.wikia.com/ssb/images/f/f1/NessBrawl.jpg). My sorrow grew when she told me her family once had an Atari, but their mom sold it to punish them... :smallsigh: My one other nerdy friend and I both had NeRDgsaMs.

Have you ever seen something nerdy unappriciated?

Vacant
2011-12-23, 04:17 PM
I don't understand what's wrong with saying "ness" instead of "en-ee-ess." I've done that and I've even called a Super Nintento a "sness." Regardless, I'd just take solace in knowing that some are still around, somewhere; the silver lining of it being unappreciated is that it's getting less wear-and-tear from lack of use, hopefully, maybe preserving it a little longer.

TheThan
2011-12-24, 02:40 AM
I still have my NES and my atari 2600, and my SNES, and my sega genesis (sadly no master system, or any of the add ons), and my dreamcast, and my xbox.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-24, 03:24 AM
I still have my NES and my atari 2600, and my SNES, and my sega genesis (sadly no master system, or any of the add ons), and my dreamcast, and my xbox.

That's not saying much. An X-Box isn't that old. It's not even from the 90s. That's like saying "I still have a PS2." Heck, it's only the previous generation with the 360. You're gonna have to wait a decade or two before that can be a legit claim.

Everything else though is cool.:smallwink:

TheThan
2011-12-24, 03:57 AM
That's not saying much. An X-Box isn't that old. It's not even from the 90s. That's like saying "I still have a PS2." Heck, it's only the previous generation with the 360. You're gonna have to wait a decade or two before that can be a legit claim.

Everything else though is cool.:smallwink:

Well having a working PS2 is a good claim.

Actually happened to me. I walked into a gaming store that repaired PS2s. Yeah they have HUNDREDS of them stacked up all over the store. they all needed repaired.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-24, 05:18 AM

Not really. I have one of them and it's not. It's only one generation old. It's not old enough to be considered a relic. I'm sure you can walk into most electronic of gaming stores and still get one. In fact, a lot of people buy the previous generation gaming console because it's still readily available and cheap. Or like it's not that old so you haven't yet sold it yet. It's not a huge statement.

Things like the NES are so cool because they're so rare. Finding one is like finding a needle in a hay stack. And it says something to have one because you endlessly tracked down a person with one or you've held onto it for like a long time.

I think the crazy, murderous villain from Raiders of the Lost Ark said it best:

Look at this [silver pocket watch]. It's worthless. Ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless!

thubby
2011-12-24, 08:27 AM
guys, the ps2 remains the best selling system on the planet.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-24, 08:54 AM

Best selling? What's that supposed to mean?:smallconfused: Is that supposed to mean the best of all time? Because I disagree with that. Also, I still say it's not that big of a claim. It's not that old so lots of people still have it.

thubby
2011-12-24, 09:00 AM
Best selling? What's that supposed to mean?:smallconfused: Is that supposed to mean the best of all time? Because I disagree with that. Also, I still say it's not that big of a claim. It's not that old so lots of people still have it.

meaning more ps2s have been sold than any system before or since. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles)

killem2
2011-12-24, 09:26 AM
I'm not that elitist to actually feel ill if someone mispronounces a name of a gaming system.

:annoyed:

Ok, and in terms of out right awesomeness, nothing will surpass the SNES for me. Sales mean nothing.

thubby
2011-12-24, 09:58 AM
Ok, and in terms of out right awesomeness, nothing will surpass the SNES for me. Sales mean nothing.

it means having one is not exactly note worthy.

Raddish
2011-12-24, 10:42 AM
I think I have a sega saturn around soemwhere. Well, I am sure it's about anyway. Didn't use it much since I couldn't afford more games for it.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-24, 10:48 AM
meaning more ps2s have been sold than any system before or since. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles)

Okay. Than how is that an accomplishment to have one? If they're the most sold, that means it should be easier to find people that have them. That said, find someone or being someone that has a PS2 isn't that special. It's not like we're talking about a copy of Fantastic Four or Spider-Man with Stan Lee's signature on it.

Tirian
2011-12-24, 11:00 AM
If you had a working fat PS2, that would be saying something. However, what it would be saying is that you hardly ever played your PS2 and never traded it in on an upgraded system. In other words, it's precisely what an "un-nerdy" person might own.

Starbuck_II
2011-12-24, 11:15 AM
If you had a working fat PS2, that would be saying something. However, what it would be saying is that you hardly ever played your PS2 and never traded it in on an upgraded system. In other words, it's precisely what an "un-nerdy" person might own.
Wait, why shouldn't a fat one still work?
Mine is a fat black one and still works fine.
I still play on it often.

My brother has a skinny grey one though. Are fat one's rare? I got the PS2 when they first came out (so it is the fatter one).

I think I have a sega saturn around soemwhere. Well, I am sure it's about anyway. Didn't use it much since I couldn't afford more games for it.

You are lucky, my Sega Saturns always break down. They stop saving memory, etc. I lent it to my close Friend and I guess they played too long without a rest because he said he smelled a gasoline-like smell (burnt fuse likely). So I think he broke it that time.

I stil have my SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Nintendo64, PS2, Wii, and Xbox 360.
I usually only play on 360 and PS2 currently. Sometimes on Wii (Little Kings Story).

Tirian
2011-12-24, 11:31 AM
Wait, why shouldn't a fat one still work?
Mine is a fat black one and still works fine.
I still play on it often.

Cool. When mine died, I was given to believe that the lasers in the original models were built to last for around 5 years. It's a testament to how great the systems are that it would be an issue.

snoopy13a
2011-12-24, 11:43 AM
Back in the day, we called it a "Nintendo," not a "NES."

Look on the bright side, it probably doesn't work anymore. And even if it did, you'd have to blow into the game for about 10 minutes to get it to work. Plus, the batteries would have died for either of the Zelda games.

Heliomance
2011-12-24, 11:51 AM
I don't understand what's wrong with saying "ness" instead of "en-ee-ess." I've done that and I've even called a Super Nintento a "sness." Regardless, I'd just take solace in knowing that some are still around, somewhere; the silver lining of it being unappreciated is that it's getting less wear-and-tear from lack of use, hopefully, maybe preserving it a little longer.
I always pronounce it "nez", as does pretty much everyone I've ever heard refer to it.

We've still got a PSX and Sega MegaDrive lying around. Haven't managed to make them work with the new TV though.

Mauve Shirt
2011-12-24, 12:08 PM
I own a PS2, and play games on it too. I also still have my old DS Clunky. GameStop wouldn't even buy that one back. :smallbiggrin: It works just fine.

@V: Over 9750 Cool Points to you! I stepped on mine, or I'd still have it. :smalltongue:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-24, 12:12 PM
I still have my Game Boy Color? Cool points? Please? :smalltongue:

thubby
2011-12-24, 01:03 PM

i have the pikachu (wow, my dictionary actually has its proper spelling) edition with pokemon yellow :D

bluewind95
2011-12-24, 01:25 PM
I have several NES's, two SNES's, N64, two GBs, a GB pocket, a GBC, N64, a virtual boy, a GBA, a GBA SP. All of these are working.

I also have a GC and a Wii and a DS lite, and a DSiXL and a 3DS. But having those (also working) isn't too awesome yet, cos they're fairly new.

Starwulf
2011-12-24, 03:31 PM

Like Starbucks, I still have my original Fat PS2. And I've played it A LOT. You are right though, the laser that reads the discs inside the original Fat PS2s were inferior to the slim models. I know this because mine crapped out on me about 4 years ago, and I had to send it in to be repaired. They didn't want to do it, said they'd send me a brand new PS2 Slim in return for 30 bucks, but I said no thanks because I used the Fat one to play FFXI(first online Final Fantasy), and stupid slims had no modems or hard-drives. So instead I had to pay 50 bucks to get it repaired. The guy on the phone even told me that the laser eye reader inside the Fat PS2s were all copping out.

On another note I have my original NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Sega Game Gear(handheld). If I can ever scrape up the money I plan on buying an original Atarai 2600, Sega Genesis and Dreamcast. Also a Gameboy Advance and an original Xbox as well. I'm a bit of a collector of game systems. I'll probably even eventually go after some of the other lesser known systems like the 3DO and ones like it. I'll probably be 40 by the time I get all of those though, LOL.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-24, 04:02 PM
For a second there, I thought a GB Pocket was a GB Micro, and I was gonna' say you lose cool points.

Mutant Sheep
2011-12-24, 04:08 PM
i have the pikachu (wow, my dictionary actually has its proper spelling) edition with pokemon yellow :D

I do too!:smallcool: Pikachu creepily following me/my brothers who actually owned it around was awesome.

The Succubus
2011-12-24, 04:22 PM
If you want something really out of the ordinary, I have a GX4000 - a console developed by Amstrad to rival the Mega drive. Guess how well that turned out.

Traab
2011-12-24, 05:10 PM
My TurboGrafx-16 trumps all you punks. Ok, I dont have one, but I do have a functioning nes along with the original supermario/duck hunt combo, the first zelda, (along with link which sucks) and California games. God I loved that game. It took me forever to figure out the secret to winning each game one by one.

I still have a working ps1, though the power cord is becoming detached. I have a ps2, but thats solely because it lets me play my ps1 games on it and watch dvds. I think I have 5-6 ps2 games, and about 20 ps1 games. Pretty much all rpgs. The entire ff series except for tactics. BoF 3-4, legend of legia, star ocean 2, lunar 2, xenogears, a couple suikodens, arc the lad, (actually not that bad of a game) and chrono cross/trigger.

*EDIT* One of my cousins still has a functioning power mat for playing the nintendo olympic games where you do all the running and jumping. That thing was AWESOME.

shadow_archmagi
2011-12-24, 05:44 PM
The other day I went to a party. We were playing on their gamecube when I noticed something on their shelf, it was an NES. When asked, the girl hosting the party called it a Nes (http://images.wikia.com/ssb/images/f/f1/NessBrawl.jpg).

I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to pronounce it ness. I certainly don't say ess-tee-ay-ell-kay-ee-arr whenever I want to talk about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Raddish
2011-12-24, 06:28 PM
I have always called it a nes, and a snes. I don't get whats so important about pronouncing each letter. Hmm... .

Knaight
2011-12-24, 07:18 PM
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to pronounce it ness. I certainly don't say ess-tee-ay-ell-kay-ee-arr whenever I want to talk about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Yeah, nes seems fine, with es ness being the SNES. "sness" just sounds wrong for some reason, but that's a matter of being used to it or not.

Starwulf
2011-12-24, 08:06 PM
My TurboGrafx-16 trumps all you punks. Ok, I dont have one, but I do have a functioning nes along with the original supermario/duck hunt combo, the first zelda, (along with link which sucks) and California games. God I loved that game. It took me forever to figure out the secret to winning each game one by one.

*EDIT* One of my cousins still has a functioning power mat for playing the nintendo olympic games where you do all the running and jumping. That thing was AWESOME.

A: I don't think I ever figured out how to beat the surfing part of California games. I could make it to the end just as the massive wave came to wipe you out and that was always that.

B: I LOVED the power mat and the Olympic Games! I could never outrun the final guy though on the racetrack. He was just much to fast for me.

Gnoman
2011-12-24, 08:11 PM
Things like the NES are so cool because they're so rare. Finding one is like finding a needle in a hay stack. And it says something to have one because you endlessly tracked down a person with one or you've held onto it for like a long time.

Every used electronics store or pawn shop in my part of the country has stacks of working NES and 2600 consoles, Genesis I, II, and III's, and many other vintage consoles. It's only the poorly-made (Jaguar) or horrible-selling (US Master System) consoles that are hard to find.

Starwulf
2011-12-24, 08:17 PM
Every used electronics store or pawn shop in my part of the country has stacks of working NES and 2600 consoles, Genesis I, II, and III's, and many other vintage consoles. It's only the poorly-made (Jaguar) or horrible-selling (US Master System) consoles that are hard to find.

I wish I lived in your general area, I'd probably make a fortune buying their games and reselling them on E-bay. Around here, I can't find any pawn shop or used electronics store that has anything older then a PS1 or N64, and MAYBE, MAAAYYYBBEE a few SNES games(ALWAYS sports, never anything else). I've hunted through all of them trying to find the rarer RPGs and stuff that I know sell for 10-50 bucks on E-bay but could be bought for 2 bucks at the shop. Best find I ever had was an Original Diablo 1 in original Box with book WITH the Non-blizzard expansion Hellfire ALSO in Original packaging INSIDE the Diablo Box. Bought it for 3 bucks, sold it for 40 on E-bay, but that's a very rare success story on my part.

bluewind95
2011-12-24, 08:20 PM
For a second there, I thought a GB Pocket was a GB Micro, and I was gonna' say you lose cool points.

I actually have one of those too! It helps complete my collection. I am only missing the DSi and the original DS.

The Succubus
2011-12-24, 08:34 PM
Well, as we've successfully commandeered this thread to talk about rare electronics, I have a very large collection of the old LCD games, including a set of wristwatch LCD games.

Gnoman
2011-12-24, 08:41 PM
I wish I lived in your general area, I'd probably make a fortune buying their games and reselling them on E-bay. Around here, I can't find any pawn shop or used electronics store that has anything older then a PS1 or N64, and MAYBE, MAAAYYYBBEE a few SNES games(ALWAYS sports, never anything else). I've hunted through all of them trying to find the rarer RPGs and stuff that I know sell for 10-50 bucks on E-bay but could be bought for 2 bucks at the shop. Best find I ever had was an Original Diablo 1 in original Box with book WITH the Non-blizzard expansion Hellfire ALSO in Original packaging INSIDE the Diablo Box. Bought it for 3 bucks, sold it for 40 on E-bay, but that's a very rare success story on my part.

Unfortunatly, they know how much their stuff is worth. While the actual consoles sell for about thirty bucks, their rarer NES games go for 15-75 dollars, generally.

KillianHawkeye
2011-12-24, 09:13 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with pronouncing it like "ness." Back in the 80s my friends and I called it Nintendo, NES, and "ness" with no particular favoritism for a specific term.

When the SNES came out, we used SNES, Super NES, Super "ness", Super Nintendo, or just Super.

The point is, it doesn't matter what you call it as long as everyone knows what you're talking about.

Traab
2011-12-24, 09:15 PM
A: I don't think I ever figured out how to beat the surfing part of California games. I could make it to the end just as the massive wave came to wipe you out and that was always that.

B: I LOVED the power mat and the Olympic Games! I could never outrun the final guy though on the racetrack. He was just much to fast for me.

a) It is fairly easy. You just have to basically surf down towards the bottom to pick up speed, then zoom back up to do a trick. Keep repeating that general motion, you will eventually get a better feel for things. For me the hardest game was that damn frisbee game. It took me so long to master the controls to the point where I could actually CATCH the damn thing. Though iirc, skating was almost as hard. That fricking sidewalk was a better obstacle course than they make you run in the marines.

b) The final guy you had to kinda sorta cheat to beat. Im talking nearly vibrating your feet instead of actual running. You basically lift your foot just far enough off the mat to register then bring it back down as fast as you can. I really liked cheating at long jumps. You jump OFF the pad, then jump back on once you are far enough to set an olympic record. lol

TheThan
2011-12-24, 09:22 PM
Like Starbucks, I still have my original Fat PS2. And I've played it A LOT. You are right though, the laser that reads the discs inside the original Fat PS2s were inferior to the slim models. I know this because mine crapped out on me about 4 years ago, and I had to send it in to be repaired. They didn't want to do it, said they'd send me a brand new PS2 Slim in return for 30 bucks, but I said no thanks because I used the Fat one to play FFXI(first online Final Fantasy), and stupid slims had no modems or hard-drives. So instead I had to pay 50 bucks to get it repaired. The guy on the phone even told me that the laser eye reader inside the Fat PS2s were all copping out.

Okay. Than how is that an accomplishment to have one? If they're the most sold, that means it should be easier to find people that have them. That said, find someone or being someone that has a PS2 isn't that special. It's not like we're talking about a copy of Fantastic Four or Spider-Man with Stan Lee's signature on it.
Let me reference Starwulf here:

That’s why. Basically they were built with crappy components and broke down often. Although the tray motor on my Xbox is going out. Which means no more DOA extreme beach volleyball. :smallfrown:

Orzel
2011-12-24, 09:22 PM
I had my atari and my nes by burglars. The shoe box of won and traded games. The mat. The lightgun. The controller. Everything. Good o' Brooklyn. At least I was rid of that accursed hunting dog.

I had a friend whose girlfriend's sister had a HE'S she ignored. I pretended it was lame while hitting on her.

Go ahead. Wag your fingers for my crimes.

DrBurr
2011-12-26, 12:07 AM

I still have a working ps1, though the power cord is becoming detached. I have a ps2, but thats solely because it lets me play my ps1 games on it and watch dvds. I think I have 5-6 ps2 games, and about 20 ps1 games. Pretty much all rpgs. The entire ff series except for tactics. BoF 3-4, legend of legia, star ocean 2, lunar 2, xenogears, a couple suikodens, arc the lad, (actually not that bad of a game) and chrono cross/trigger.

Funny I have a Working Turbographix 16, Still trying to win the World Cup in Final Lap twin and beat the boss in Keith Courage too

I also have three SNES, two are broken and I don't know why we are keeping them, a Playstation which my sister is currently replaying out game gallery and a GBA if that counts for anything. My older brother also has his GB Color too

I also got a PS2 slim, and a Gamecube I bought off a friend a couple years back, besides my PS3 and Wii

Man playing some of these remind me about how hard games use to be, and why I hate passwords

H Birchgrove
2011-12-29, 10:00 AM
Back in the day, we called it a "Nintendo," not a "NES."
This is correct.

I still have my monochrone, full-sized Game Boy.

Both still works. :smallamused:

(Sadly, I didn't buy that much games for them... :smallfrown: #firstworldproblems)

Ceric
2011-12-30, 01:32 AM
I own a PS2, and play games on it too. I also still have my old DS Clunky. GameStop wouldn't even buy that one back. :smallbiggrin: It works just fine.

@V: Over 9750 Cool Points to you! I stepped on mine, or I'd still have it. :smalltongue:

DS Clunky? I still have and use mine. I could probably upgrade it, but my sis needs a new one more than I do, since she accidentally smashed the touch screen of her DS Lite. The bigger issue I'm having is that I can't find the AC adapter for some reason :smallsigh:

I also have my GameBoy SP and GBA, if that counts for anything. I started too late to own anything older than a GBA.

Traab
2011-12-30, 09:02 AM
This is correct.

I still have my monochrone, full-sized Game Boy.

Both still works. :smallamused:

(Sadly, I didn't buy that much games for them... :smallfrown: #firstworldproblems)

Im happy with my game boy color, though I only use it to play pokemon blue. That was when pokemon was awesome. None of this 4 type pokemon mashup crap that made figuring out who had the advantage require spreadsheets. "Oh, so you have a water/ice/steel/dragon type pokemon? WTF COUNTERS THAT?! To hell with it. Ill use my fire/electric/dark/ghost pokemon and hope for the best. " I much preferred, "Ok, so you pulled out an onix. GO VENUSAUR! Oh, you pulled out a charizard? Go blastoise!" Meh, but I like my games simple. Being able to bum rush the entire game with a bulbasaur was awesome. Just capture enough pokemon to get the HMs you needed, and only use bulbasaur in any battle. By the time you hit cinnibar island you are so high level you are one shotting all his fire types before they can even try to attack. Even the final four and gary get squished with ease by your extremely high level pokemon.

*EDIT* I just remembered another nes game I loved. It was a TMNT game. It was freaking HARD. The most challenging part was this mission where the shredder had hidden explosives underwater in a reservoir, and you had to swim around disarming them without drowning, or running out of time, or even touching the damn walls iirc. (I think they were sharp edged coral/rocks or something, it hurt to hit them)

I dont think you got extra lives as such, but you could play as any of the turtles, who each had advantages, like say, donatello could hit from further away with his bo staff, while rapheal was faster or something. And if your first choice got killed, then you had to switch to someone else.

Tyndmyr
2011-12-30, 10:16 AM

Actually happened to me. I walked into a gaming store that repaired PS2s. Yeah they have HUNDREDS of them stacked up all over the store. they all needed repaired.

Nah. Hell, PS2s have been sold cheaply in walmarts brand new, long after the PS3 came out! Last gen doesn't mean much.

Hell, both I and my roommate have original fat PS2s. They sit there, mostly unused, but nobody wants to get rid of them because of the giant stack of games for them. Still not really notable. The five 360s for three people living here probably says more.

Edit: also, I loved that TMNT game. Not good at it, mind you, but was seriously into TMNT back then. Sufficiently so that I've completed all three TMNT games for 360, and have 100% acheives on one.

H Birchgrove
2011-12-30, 12:11 PM
I have so few games it's easier to mention the game I don't like: It's a (Bart) Simpsons game. Nintendo hardness without the fun. :smalltongue:

I love Duck Tales II, Super Mario Bros., Soccer and Fester's Quest on NES and Duck Tales, Tetris and Snoopey on GameBoy.

Salbazier
2011-12-31, 03:36 AM
I was used 'nes' and 'snes' but then I never use it in conversation much since my video game era was actually started with PlayStation.

Starbuck_II
2011-12-31, 12:01 PM
*EDIT* I just remembered another nes game I loved. It was a TMNT game. It was freaking HARD. The most challenging part was this mission where the shredder had hidden explosives underwater in a reservoir, and you had to swim around disarming them without drowning, or running out of time, or even touching the damn walls iirc. (I think they were sharp edged coral/rocks or something, it hurt to hit them)

I dont think you got extra lives as such, but you could play as any of the turtles, who each had advantages, like say, donatello could hit from further away with his bo staff, while rapheal was faster or something. And if your first choice got killed, then you had to switch to someone else.

Yes, the beginning was tough. Later in the game (act 2 or 3), you got their car/truck, missiles are awesome (too bad limited supply).
I didn't even realize they had advantages.

Traab
2011-12-31, 12:58 PM
Yes, the beginning was tough. Later in the game (act 2 or 3), you got their car/truck, missiles are awesome (too bad limited supply).
I didn't even realize they had advantages.

I dunno, maybe im wrong, but I remember always picking leonardo and donatello to fight with, but im not sure if there was a reason, game wise, or if it was just that they have always been my favorite turtles. And yeah, the van was great, its been a long long time, but iirc, i ended up getting lost and confused about where to go next after that, and couldnt continue the game. Either that or I found another patch I couldnt get past for whatever reason. (The dam frustrated me for weeks before I figured it out.)

Reinboom
2012-01-01, 06:14 AM
I dunno, maybe im wrong, but I remember always picking leonardo and donatello to fight with, but im not sure if there was a reason, game wise, or if it was just that they have always been my favorite turtles. And yeah, the van was great, its been a long long time, but iirc, i ended up getting lost and confused about where to go next after that, and couldnt continue the game. Either that or I found another patch I couldnt get past for whatever reason. (The dam frustrated me for weeks before I figured it out.)

In that particular game, Donatello was simply better in most cases than every other turtle. All weapons did the same damage, but Don's let you hit things from safe spots easily. Way way too easily.

Leo was a close second due in part also to weapon length, as well as the fact that the swing curved a bit (a minor advantage he had over Don).

Closer to the original topic:
I proudly own (and take special care of) multiple NES v2 (the top loaders), with many many controllers. For interest in tournament hosting.
As well as many MANY other older systems.

Our (me and my SO's) gaming collection consists of a few hundred unique games. Even more proudly, only around a half dozen sports titles dirty that list.

It has caused many a nerdgasm from others, as well as even causing a gaping awe in a few people who are not gamers.

Traab
2012-01-01, 10:34 AM
Is it scary that I still remember game codes I havent used in 20 years? I think the game was called kid icarus. You go to the password screen and fill it up with like, a row of upper case U's and lower case u's and bang, you are on the last level, boss fight, with all the weapons and artifacts. I think fighting a gigantic medusa head or something.

snoopy13a
2012-01-01, 02:50 PM

You didn't extra lives, but if a turtle got "killed" he really got captured and could be rescued.

Donatello was the best for a couple of reasons. He had the furthest range and along with Rapheal did the most damage (Rapheal had the smallest range though). Leonardo had decent range and quickness--Donatello's weakness was that the Bo was slow. Michealanglo wasn't any good at all.

I could make it into the Technodrome, but I always got killed in this one section. I never was able to fight Shredder--I heard that he was almost impossible to beat though.