PDA

View Full Version : Elsewhere In Time[CoC](OOC)

AgentIndy
2011-12-23, 08:37 PM
OOC thread for the Call of Cthulhu/Slenderman game set on Mackinac Island Michigian. Game will start soon, day after Christmas at the latest.

ocel
2011-12-25, 12:23 PM
Present & have already informed the others that you will be commencing after christmas day.

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 04:50 PM
@ocel

Thank you for doing that. Could you get them to post their character's motivation in the thread? How many people are participating in the game?

ocel
2011-12-25, 04:54 PM
@ocel

Thank you for doing that. Could you get them to post their character's motivation in the thread? How many people are participating in the game?
Including myself, 3, there is a 4th & 5th but they've yet to respond to my invitations.

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 05:01 PM
Are you counting thedarkstone? I invited him, and he is pretty excited for this game.

ocel
2011-12-25, 05:10 PM
Yes I am including him as well.

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 05:16 PM
How are you getting in contact with the other players?

ocel
2011-12-25, 05:18 PM
I've sent a few private messages & emails to their respective giantitp profiles/ addresses.

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 05:26 PM
Alright, kind of wish they'd post, but it's fine. I'd like to have everyone post in the OOC thread before we start the game.

ocel
2011-12-25, 05:55 PM
They'll be here before or after new years, until then, why don't we start the game & when their ready write them in?

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 06:17 PM
Okay, the game will start once thedarkstone gets his sheet done. An RP with one person doesn't really work.

drack
2011-12-25, 09:38 PM
OK, honestly considered dropping this, but hay, why toss an awesome character down the drain. :smallbiggrin: I had gotten another friend to join, but as they just started GMing their first game on the forums I'll bet they're out. But lets see if we can't gather our group back :smallbiggrin:

Though I feel it fare to warn you guys that I'm in a huge game, Dming a bigger game (over ten players each controlling millions pulling obscure rule manipulations from all over D&D3.5 :smalltongue:, I'm new to this system, and I'm learning nWoD for another game at the same time :smallbiggrin: Anywho lets have fun with it. (I'm not gonna bother looking up a way for good mechanical prowess in this despite that I have low rolls that likely warrant some) :smallbiggrin:

anywho my post of my stuff

k, I have 4 appearance, but that is good for fluffing, I hope I can get a chainsaw (or some other classic creepy weapon, after all my guy is essentially gonna look like a monster himself :smalltongue:), some genes, a shirt and a paper bag for 1 wealth :smalltongue:

rerolling power [roll0]

My wife was eaten and now I creep in the woods :smalltongue: (still finishing up backstory/skills/equipment)

backstory:
He was once a vary unhappy man, he lived with his wife and two children, but his life was so normal and routine that he could never really call himself happy. Sure he loved he wife and kids, but they never really wanted to spend more time with him, nor he with them.

One day his wife mentioned seeing something in the woods, he couldn't recall exactly what, maybe an odd man or something, but he mostly ignored it saying that she had been overreacting. She agreed and let it drop not bringing it up again... than one day she didn't come home with the kids after practice. He waited a while and eventually called the authorities, but they were gone. No rhyme or reason, just gone.

Slowly but surely a great tear opened within his life, his wife and children had left without a word, not even packing. Eventually his boss fired him as his grief began taking over in the office. afterward he hunkered down by the foot of his bed like he would when he and his wife were newly married back when he would just comb her hair, and they could both be so easily contented with that as their world, after all what else would they need but his rough callused hands and her silky black hair?

Oh what he wouldn't give to return to those times, oh what he wouldn't give to see his wife again. Lately he had taken to reading her diary and reminiscing of their wonder days, but as he turned the page again he saw dried tears on the page of how he had so easily shrugged off her concerns, and while the last entry had shaken it off as nerves this one sounded as if it were really eating at her. As he read he saw this figure take greater and greater presence consuming her life until no longer did she mention their son scoring a goal, but instead how unnaturally tall this man was, and how thin as well, it described everything from the way he dressed to how the lighting hid his face, and even to her suspicions that he may not have a face.

Naturally as a husband he was worried and began looking into it, but as his insanity grew he threw himself head first into this world of horror, finding everything that he could (which wasn't much), and so he took to stalking the woods at night looking for this tall man. After a night of dearly cutting some random bloke in half the husband finally decided that he would give up is house and go missing himself, tell anyone that he encountered that his name was 'Dave', and create a new life, at the same time cautioning himself to think before he leaps, sticking to bushes and waiting for that thin thin man...

is self alleged monster hunter a fare choice of occupation for background? I figure he worked with his hands, probably construction or the like before, but I think self alleged monster hunter fits better considering that he became obsessed with it, lost his job, and probably made a point to learn things relevant to 'monster hunting' (or killing the guy his wife's with depending on how it turns out :smalltongue:) but your call GM :smallbiggrin:

(bridgar, please tell me if I'm doing it wrong :smalltongue:)

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 09:42 PM
@drack

Getting the band back together? Only as long as we are on a mission from god.

Could you post your sheet again here?

drack
2011-12-25, 09:56 PM
Hmm, well we're not, so I suppose I should disassemble the team again now :smallsigh:

:smalltongue:

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 09:59 PM
Well, could you repost your sheet here please? It'd be a great help.

drack
2011-12-25, 10:12 PM
In time yes :smallbiggrin:

AgentIndy
2011-12-25, 10:17 PM
Take your time.

drack
2011-12-25, 11:40 PM
K, so far here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=341584

thedarkstone
2011-12-25, 11:52 PM
My character is here. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355915) Not much is done as of yet, but it doesn't help when you have no clue what you're doing. :smallbiggrin:

drack
2011-12-26, 12:01 AM
I hear ya, but it's even worse when you have no idea and bad rolls :smalltongue:

AgentIndy
2011-12-26, 11:53 AM
Oh, what do you need help with to finish up the sheets? I have the book right here, if you don't have your own copy.

AgentIndy
2011-12-26, 02:24 PM
Alright, both of you have +0 DB (Damage Bonuses) for your melée strikes.

Now choose your 8 occupation skills, and multiply your EDU by 20. Add these points to the base chances of your occupation skills however you want.

Then multiply your INT by 10, those are your personal interest points, and can be applied wherever you want.

You know what, just look at the skills on my character sheet for another (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=350239) CoC game. It might help a lot.

AgentIndy
2011-12-26, 03:45 PM
IC Thread is up, so far I'm focusing on Giles, since he has a full sheet, and a backstory, while also being active. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226903)

Feel free to introduce your characters, we can keep it loosely freeform until sheets are done.

ocel
2011-12-26, 04:03 PM
Does my character need anything before we begin?

AgentIndy
2011-12-26, 04:09 PM
@ocel

Your sheet looks fine.

thedarkstone
2011-12-27, 11:35 AM
How's it look now? I spent all of the points I was given, chose my skills, changed his age, named my character...gave him a job, though he's recently become unemployed.

As for a reason for coming to Mackinac, I suppose he is likely looking for a retreat from the world. He's been dealing with mental patients for a while now, and he needs a lot of personal time.

ocel
2011-12-27, 11:39 AM
Gile Edgeworth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=338565), edited like you wanted. Rolling for psychology or psychoanalysis of what phenomena she informed me of. [roll0]

ocel
2011-12-27, 11:47 AM
Oh yeah, forgot the 10 sided die roll, well no matter, I succeed either way. [roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 12:05 PM
@Ocel

From Mary's description, there seems to be a mixture of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Paranoia. And since you got such a good roll, you notice that she is kind of anxious, or suspicious, you can deduce this by her looking over her shoulder every other minute.

@Darkstone

Sheet looks good, your free to post in the thread.

Edit:Sorry, you can't start skills at 90. Lower them a bit, maybe to 80 or 75. Once a skill hits 90 you get a sanity point boost.

thedarkstone
2011-12-27, 12:07 PM
All right, I'll pick an opportune moment to drop in.

EDIT: Will do.

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 12:11 PM
Also, you need to lower your Psych skills to 80, or 75. Once you raise ymthise skills to 90 natrually, you get a sanity boost.

thedarkstone
2011-12-27, 12:46 PM
Done and done.

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 12:53 PM
@Darkstone

Looks good. Just saying though, sanity loss won't be a factor until Tall, Dark, and Faceless shows up. And even then he won't be too harmful to the pysche at first.

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 04:40 PM
So, out of curiosity, I was wondering which Slenderman Mythos story do you follow the most? I'm partial to Everyman HYBRID, but I also keep up Marble Hornets and Tribe Twelve. Dark Harvest is a close fourth.

ocel
2011-12-27, 09:19 PM
I've watched/read those, including one other entitled White Elephants (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhiteElephants)
Edit on an unrelated note, where are the others, ic wise?

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 09:25 PM
Hmm, I think I looked into that at one point. Safe to say, we won't be emulating that in this game.

Also, I won't really get too much into the Slendy stuff until another person posts in the thread. Won't stop him from making a cameo sometime, and foreshadowing the heck out of him.

ocel
2011-12-27, 09:45 PM
A pity, but an understandable course of action, this is horror Lovecraftian horror series after-all, no need to distill the serious with a quart of silly, so to speak.
Edit: He's currently speaking to Niel.

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 09:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, humor in a horror game works, but as long as it doesn't take away from the main source of horror. I'm just saying you lack the materials, manpower, and connections to kill good Ol, Good Lookin'.

ocel
2011-12-27, 09:52 PM
Killing one isn't necessary for me, just drawing its ire.

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 10:01 PM
Didn't your character do research into Slenderman priorly?

ocel
2011-12-27, 10:06 PM
A little, but it was applied as a metaphor for a essay on of the psychological effects of anonymity, in short it was a modern metaphor for the Ring of Gyges.

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 10:13 PM
Still, it's a gateway into the Mythos. Something that could build upon itself, until you draw his eyeless gaze.

Also, instead of Cthulhu Mythos, we are calling it Slender Mythos. The more you know, the more paranoid you become. That is essentially what Sanity points will partially be used for.

ocel
2011-12-27, 10:33 PM
Rolling for persuasion & psychology
Edit: I am on a roll tonight.
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

ocel
2011-12-27, 10:37 PM
Odd, the subscriptions won't show my latest post, but I can see it on this thread. Well regardless, the first roll is for persuasion while the second is psychology/psychoanalysis, whichever makes Niel better.

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 10:47 PM
Oh, I am not that good with the rules, what is the 1d10 roll for?

Also, threads are weird like that, you have to make a bump post. Also, pyschoanalysis makes people better...over a period of a month.

ocel
2011-12-27, 10:51 PM
If my memory hasn't failed me, I'm supposed to roll a 1d100 & 1d10, for every skill, ability check, if the result is lower or meets my number: I succeed, where exceeding that is considered a failure. Thus I've succeeded in both. However isn't psychology a more temporarily/Immediate means of Sanity Recovery?

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 11:01 PM
I know how the basic system works, I was just wondering what the 1d10 was for, we don't do that in the other game.

Psychology would work here, you always need groundwork to start off of.

ocel
2011-12-27, 11:09 PM
Ah I could've sworn I've read the 1d10 was added earlier, but it doesn't matter, what were the results of my rolls?

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 11:19 PM
You've essentially added 3 Sanity points. I'll work up a running total. Essentially this means you'll have a productive session.

ocel
2011-12-27, 11:30 PM
Than I shall resume with psychological rolls till he' recovers, however I've two questions before I repeat this a third time; 1: Do you wish me to roll or do you, 2: are these momentary or permanent additions to his sanity?
[roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-27, 11:40 PM
I like you to roll. These are sanity point additions, but I don't really want to make up a full sheet for him.

Also, make me an Idea roll, regardless though, you get a 5% Slender Mythos score, and your max sanity becomes 99-Slender Mythos (In this case 94 is your max) succeeding the Idea roll, you start to make connections between what he was saying, and the analogy you used.

ocel
2011-12-27, 11:47 PM
Sure, here's my ideal & psychological rolls, their in the order they were mentioned:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit, wait, does that mean I failed to make the connection ?

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 12:00 AM
Failed to make the connection between Slenderman, and his vision. I'll let you make another Idea roll now that he has said another Slender Mythos fact. Still, you don't need to make any more pysch rolls for now. You had three successes, in a relaxed environment.

ocel
2011-12-28, 12:04 AM
Alright, [roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 12:06 AM
I'm pretty sure that is a success. Giles make the connection.

ocel
2011-12-28, 12:22 AM
That requires a sanity roll, [roll0]

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 10:26 AM
Any ideas on how I should enter this tale?

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 10:45 AM
Maybe Giles want to call in an expert, or you've heard about Neil's trouble, and want to investigate.

ocel
2011-12-28, 12:34 PM
Should I roll another Idea & sanity roll, or perhaps psychology?

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 12:51 PM
Roll an Idea roll to see if you think about him. Succeed the check, and the idea is lodged in your head, and you will have trouble repressing it. Fail the roll, and you disregard the idea.

ocel
2011-12-28, 12:53 PM
Well since I succeeded my sanity roll, that means I know of him, but I don't think of it as either a big deal, or still a legend.

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 01:03 PM
Remember, everyone is skeptical at first in a Slenderman story.

ocel
2011-12-28, 01:09 PM
Well of course, & because everyone is so skeptical, it would be only reasonable for them to create support groups for those whom aren't, & it justifies my character's employment.

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 01:11 PM
Next they'll create Slenderman merchandising.

Slenderman DEH FLAMETHROWAH!

ocel
2011-12-28, 01:55 PM
I can see that being a very profitable venture...for some. I'm rolling for psychology whether containing this topic, is the ideal solution, or an alternative would be a better cure for his trauma: [roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 02:26 PM
You deduce that their really isn't enough people for a support group, but you could get a Better result if you had another pyschologist to alternate with.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 02:28 PM
*gets the hint*

I'm working on my intro post, keep your socks on.

EDIT: And done.

ocel
2011-12-28, 02:39 PM
Oh come on, there must have been a specialized group of psychologists dealing with the Slenderman Mythos. Because, 1: Nearly every attempt to investigate this results in either death, insanity, both or worse; & this occurs often enough to encourage those not involved to either install measures to counter, censor, or capitalize on their unfortunate escapades. 2: Slenderman is a cult wide movement, sometimes in more than one sense of the word, & a steadily growing internet meme, so anyone whom stumbled upon it on either Blogger.com or Youtube.com is bound to catch the "madness", before their taken down.
Edit: That reminds me, how much sanity did I lose?
Edit: Ok, its not a good argument, for why there would be such an organization, but still.

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 03:15 PM
One point sanity loss. No, there really aren't support groups, or if there are any, it's likely they remain covert.

ocel
2011-12-28, 03:25 PM
Is that permanent or temporarily sanity loss? Well in either case I'll roll psychology to see if either of us will recover: [roll0]
Edit: Had to resend it because roller wouldn't roll when I included it in the previous edit.
Edit: ...No rerolls, eh? Regardless its application was not to heal either of us, but to know if we'll recover, in which case I could not say for certain, nor can I deem that his mention of this is not good for either of our mental health.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 03:31 PM
Heh, nice rolling, Ocel.

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 03:31 PM
Its a sanity point loss. Lose one sanity point, and your MAX sanity points is now 94.

Edit:But yeah, you are unsure if he'll recover.

ocel
2011-12-28, 03:34 PM
Yeah, but I meant could I get this point back later, if so would it be from the same method that I applied to him?

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 03:47 PM
Sure, you have a psychologist who is even better at his job than yours with you. There is more than one way to regain sanity points.

ocel
2011-12-28, 04:38 PM
Hmm, I wonder how much I could raise those two by lowering my medicine, I'll check later.

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 04:44 PM
We really don't need two master psychologists. A generalist doctor would be helpful.

ocel
2011-12-28, 07:42 PM
Just as well, intended him to be an aspiring student/protege anyway, not a master. Would any of my skill rolls provide more information on this master?
Edit: Well he said his contributions escaped his mind, & now it has,:smalltongue:
[roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 08:02 PM
YOU KNOW NITHING, ROLL TO RELEARN BREATHING!:smallwink:

ocel
2011-12-28, 08:09 PM
Darn that's the one skill I forgot to invest in, well it's probably in jest so::smallamused:[roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 08:16 PM
Roll to see if the breathing instinct kicks in.

ocel
2011-12-28, 08:21 PM
Of course here it is: [roll0]
Uh-Oh, guess I'll have to reroll:smalltongue:

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 08:25 PM
You die of hunger. Roll to see if you have an afterlife(Luck roll)

ocel
2011-12-28, 08:29 PM
And here I thought such things weren't determined by chance, oh well.[roll0]
Edit: In all seriousness my character is fine, & just exchanging civilities with the other player who has yet to reply.

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 08:31 PM
You cease to exist.

I think we've beaten this horse enough.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 08:33 PM
...so was the point of this to tell him he can know of me or what? It (the purpose) seems to escape me.

ocel
2011-12-28, 08:35 PM
Gm: Eh, oblivion isn't all that bad, compared to other afterlives my characters were thrown into, but that is a tale for another day.
thedarkstone: It was originally to discern your prior accomplishments but it spiraled into a joke after its post.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 08:38 PM
Ah, I wasn't able to tell where it began and where it ended.

AgentIndy
2011-12-28, 08:47 PM
Roll to discern meaning of posts.

It all boils down to Giles not knowing anything about Jared.

ocel
2011-12-29, 04:48 PM
I asked our other psychologist,thedarkstone , when he'll respond & he said sometime later tonight or the day after, so if you want I could think up some dialog, if you let me have another psychology roll. [roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 04:50 PM
Who are you talking about when you say the "other psychologist"?

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:10 PM
Eh...what? What do you mean?

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 05:13 PM
Well, we need to be more clear with our posts.

I assume that Ocel is trying to restart the Pyschology session.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:17 PM
I thought my post was rather clear...

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 05:23 PM
It was. I'm talking about how we need to be a little clearer with the OOC thread. I'm guilty of of being unclear about what I'm trying to convey too.

ocel
2011-12-29, 05:25 PM
I was speaking of thedarkstone , but he posted shortly before I made that roll, we could delete these posts if you wish..

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 05:45 PM
Roll a Spot Hidden roll if you like, even with your base Spot scores, you may notice something.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:51 PM
Let's see how I do. [roll0]

Good? Or not so?

ocel
2011-12-29, 05:52 PM
As you wish, here it is: [roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 05:57 PM
Ocel is on a roll.

Giles notices a figure lurking across the street from the windowNothing distinct, but a figure none the less.. I didn't really expect any one to roll successfully on a base chance roll.

Sorry Darkstone, it doesn't looks so good for you noticing it though.

ocel
2011-12-29, 06:01 PM
Darn, must be him, Idea, & sanity check?
[roll0]
[roll1]
Out of curiosity, are there any rooms in the house with curtains or without windows?

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 06:05 PM
You failed the Idea roll, so you don't need the sanity check, but I guess this means you don't lose any sanity. I don't think Jared knows about the Tall One, so he might have to make different rolls.

EDIT:Basement only has the small window that looks out, there is an interior restroom, and the kitchen has blinds. Second story bed rooms gave blinds.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 06:11 PM
Doesn't this mean I successfully am not on Tall Dark & Handsome's watch list?

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 06:26 PM
@Darkstone

Everyone is on Slendy's watch list.

ocel
2011-12-29, 09:06 PM
Indeed, perhaps its best if our characters head to the kitchen or one of the second story rooms, so our patient doesn't notice him.

AgentIndy
2011-12-29, 09:14 PM
Yeah, Juergen make sure Neil diesn't see it, I'll have him make a spot check, just using the base stats.

[roll0]

Edit:Ooh, he sees 'em.

AgentIndy
2011-12-30, 03:14 PM
Psst, Ocel, the roleplaying is the important part, not the dice rolls. I don't know if you are planning to get to that or not, but the dialogue is important.

ocel
2011-12-30, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I wrote my post in haste, & neglected to add all the details, I updated it, improved?
Edit" I'll remember to reserve the rolls here.
Edit 2: Actually I'm at a loss what to add to my latest post, any suggestions?
Edit 3: Want me to add any thing to the previous posts?

ocel
2011-12-30, 04:41 PM
Edited my post should be clearer for Niel/
edit: can't think of anything else about this guy any more details about his intent/appearance?

AgentIndy
2011-12-30, 04:50 PM
Edited my post.

ocel
2011-12-30, 09:26 PM
Would confiscating Niel's camera agitate him further, like a security blanket that gives one psychological comfort, because he seems rather attached to it.

AgentIndy
2011-12-30, 09:40 PM
It might, but you could just ask to borrow it to see how he reacts to someone touching it.

ocel
2011-12-30, 10:38 PM
Edited my latest post, could you include the things I added?

AgentIndy
2011-12-30, 10:46 PM
Edited a post to answer his question.

ocel
2011-12-30, 10:57 PM
Alright, after our characters therapeutic session went awry, I doubt we've made much progress in Niel's recovery. I know that its important to establish a frame first, & I intended to create this environment by removing anything that would distract or disturb him. Before We've could have accomplished this, he saw something outside that traumatized him, I 've calmed him down but I'm at a loss as to what I should do. So I'm rolling psychology to determine the best course of action; If it ends it ends in failure I'll suggest watching the video.[roll0]

AgentIndy
2011-12-30, 11:26 PM
At the moment, the best course of action would be taking a break, and focus on other aspects of his life. Maybe sharing a meal with him, or something.

ocel
2011-12-31, 08:07 PM
Do we notice anything during our walk towards the local restaurant? What does this place look-like, what is it called ectr?

AgentIndy
2011-12-31, 08:11 PM
Nope, it's a normal walk. It's called Main St. Cafe.

drack
2012-01-01, 12:25 AM
Hmm, well I think I've about finished my character but mostly I made it to mess around, so since this seems to be a more serious game, and I honestly haven't read any from any of the books I think I may drop. Sorry for flip-flopping about it... :smallfrown:

AgentIndy
2012-01-01, 01:12 AM
You mean the CoC books? I really don't want you to be intimidated by the game. You can do a more free form, and I could rarely require rolls from you.

drack
2012-01-01, 10:50 AM
Yes, but I mean more the feel of the game :smalltongue: my character is a grown man with a bag over his head (paper bad with eye holes style), DM choice of Machete or chainsaw who roams through the woods hopping to find a monster to hunt :smalltongue: I don't really feel like offsetting the serious game air with that.

AgentIndy
2012-01-01, 11:10 AM
Oh....

That sounds cool....For a different setting. Are you sure you can't adjust the concept? There is a haunted house attraction on the island, maybe he works at that.

drack
2012-01-01, 11:24 AM
Yeah, it worked well with what we had at the time, but honestly I had kinda been stretching it being in this in the first bit, so I'm afraid for the first time I'll be dropping a game :smallbiggrin:

AgentIndy
2012-01-01, 12:02 PM
Oh, that is a shame. Hope you can find a game you want to play.

drack
2012-01-01, 12:09 PM
Thanks, best of luck with this one :smallbiggrin:

AgentIndy
2012-01-01, 06:30 PM
If you ever want to come back, you are always welcome.

ocel
2012-01-03, 03:01 PM
Sorry for the two day delay, had somethings to clear up. Anything special about the restaurant's menu?

AgentIndy
2012-01-03, 03:08 PM
Not really, just the standard fare.

Also, Soylent Coffee is people!

AgentIndy
2012-01-07, 04:05 PM
Oh, I've decided that yes, it is technically possible to beat Slendy in game, but you really have to work at it and even then it won't be a given that you will succeed.

thedarkstone
2012-01-07, 05:45 PM
Oh, I've decided that yes, it is technically possible to beat Slendy in game, but you really have to work at it and even then it won't be a given that you will succeed.
And you probably definitely won't live through the event. Amiright?

AgentIndy
2012-01-07, 06:03 PM
And you probably definitely won't live through the event. Amiright?

Maybe propably.

ocel
2012-02-06, 10:31 PM
Speaking of fiction is H.P Lovecraft's novels & the Slenderman Blogs cannon in your campaign? Note: I mean the novels not what is written in them, excluding the later which this game is based in.

AgentIndy
2012-02-06, 10:48 PM
The case for this game is Like Reality With Exceptions. HP Lovecraft is an author, and all his works have published-no change from reality. The Slenderblogs exist to a point-it's not a cheat sheet, and any behind the scenes stuff behind any blogs is non-existent, because in this reality it actually happened. Information about him is scarcer than in our reality, it's usually cryptic messages and stuff. Most main Slender Video series still exist, but any breakages of the 4th wall for interviews never happened, or them trying to hide their predicament.

thedarkstone
2012-02-23, 04:16 PM
[roll0]

Psychology roll to diagnose Neil; more specifically, to see if there is anything more than schizophrenia behind his behavior.

AgentIndy
2012-02-23, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a failure.

thedarkstone
2012-02-23, 04:55 PM
Lucky me, then.

ocel
2012-02-29, 10:56 PM
Was curious if we could expand the game to a hybrid of chat & pbp?

AgentIndy
2012-03-01, 06:50 AM
That seems needlessly complicated. I won't really post at a faster rate of we used chat.

thedarkstone
2012-03-02, 08:29 PM
[roll0]

I want to be ignorant to a Slenderman!

EDIT: ****.

ocel
2012-03-02, 08:33 PM
Edit: Oh... that isn't good is it...
Spot & Ideal rolls in order:
Spot: [roll0]
Idea: [roll1]

AgentIndy
2012-03-02, 08:47 PM
Alright, let me write up a post.

ocel
2012-03-02, 10:10 PM
Could you be more specific on the description of the sound & this man? And is he the same one who appeared earlier in game? Oh yeah & did he effect our sanity?

AgentIndy
2012-03-02, 10:37 PM
Same guy as the beginning, the post in undescriptive since I have a massive nose bleed. He only causes sanity loss if you really hate tan coats.

thedarkstone
2012-03-03, 12:17 PM
Same guy as the beginning, the post in undescriptive since I have a massive nose bleed. He only causes sanity loss if you really hate tan coats.
Well, damn, there's a point of sanity loss for me. /sarcasm

ocel
2012-03-06, 07:45 PM
Edit: Darn, Can I have a reroll for both?
Just making a few more psychology rolls, in character to reflect on this latest development & its correlation with my patient. Second, a persuasion check I shall justify in one or two posts in the future, to ask his mother to research on his behalf, any folklore related to slenderman, or as he will term it, ent-like changeling mythos.
Psychology: [roll0]
Persuasion or Fast-Talking[roll1]

AgentIndy
2012-03-06, 08:14 PM
I didn't ask for rolls, but since you deemed it necessary to roll, those are what you get.

AgentIndy
2012-03-11, 09:31 PM
Sorry for being absent this weekend, but here's an image of the island.

http://www.aerialgraphics.com/photos/1940mackinacisland.jpg

ocel
2012-03-11, 10:56 PM
Ah, thanks for the map. Hope to see your ic post as well.

ocel
2012-03-12, 11:34 PM
You want to get some more players for our group?

AgentIndy
2012-03-13, 05:17 AM
I personally can not get new players for the group, since I am really busy, but you are free to recruit new players.

ocel
2012-03-13, 05:29 AM
I'll check my contacts again & see if they would be willing to join for you, if not I'll fall back on making a recruitment thread for you. Returning to my earlier question, will your schedule compromise our campaign?

AgentIndy
2012-03-13, 05:54 PM
I'm working on it, I just need to ask you something.

In game you are at about 6;00 PM, would you like to go investigate locations, or do you want to time skip to night? Or a later day? Remember, it's around a week before Halloween, and I plan for the first snow fall to happen November 1st, so don't time skip too much.

ocel
2012-03-13, 11:24 PM
It depends on whether I could enlist the assistance of others to research & soak sanity damage in my stead, seeing as how I'm so fortunate to have such wealth, why not apply it to my advantage?

AgentIndy
2012-03-14, 06:08 PM
That will be difficult, and so far all of your sanity loss has been from you rolling without my urging. If you do want to convince some schmuck into being your scapegoat, you will be rolling up, and playing that character. And then all bets are offs.

ocel
2012-03-14, 07:41 PM
Fair enough, my character will be retiring in his employer's household until tomorrow morning, unless you have another encounter for him to face during the evening. Edit: Wait a minute, I didn't roll for sanity without your consent that many times, did I?

AgentIndy
2012-03-14, 09:53 PM
Now encounter is planned, but just for the hell of it, make a listen check for the night.

Be aware, I may slip other things into this game as long as they fit the Slender theme.

You rolled SAN when I said make a Spot check to spot tan coat man. I appreciate your iniative, just jumped the gun a bit.

AgentIndy
2012-03-15, 09:08 PM
Also, I think I recruited someone for this game.

ocel
2012-03-18, 04:53 PM
My apologies for my brief hiatus, here is the result of my listen check[roll0]

AgentIndy
2012-03-18, 05:42 PM
It seems to be an uneventful night. Tell me where you want your character to go in the morning so we can base the events around it.

ocel
2012-04-07, 05:06 AM
Ic question: does the latest post take place before or after my character's dinner with his host & patient?

AgentIndy
2012-04-09, 04:53 PM
It takes place after the dinner.

ocel
2012-04-19, 08:40 AM
Made another ic post a few days ago, hope you'll reply soon.

ocel
2012-05-25, 02:14 PM
Made my research check in my latest ic post.

ocel
2012-05-28, 01:04 AM
Same check, again, I think we can safely assume it is a success.

ocel
2012-06-07, 06:12 PM
How much time is that before my meeting with Niel's?

AgentIndy
2012-06-07, 08:59 PM
About 2 hours. Also, I may be widening the scope of the game. Maybe.

ocel
2012-06-08, 08:42 PM
How old is the book I'm carrying?

AgentIndy
2012-06-08, 09:47 PM
The book looks like it has a century of age on it, but it can't be more than twenty due to both subject matter, and the style of binding.

Also, I'd be curious to know how the idea of starting up a different session sounds?

ocel
2012-06-08, 09:53 PM
You mean another post? Because its always difficult to keep track of sessions, in pbp, mostly because pbp doesn't run on real time. But sure, another session, and maybe a game on the side when your ready.

Intend to carry on, from start to finish. I'll be posting ic soon.

AgentIndy
2012-06-09, 10:17 AM
If I ever feel up to it, I might start another game.

ocel
2012-06-09, 11:30 PM
Oh, nice, what game would you run? I could go for another Coc 6th edition, or nWoD, or Wushu game.

Sent another post, usual procedure if the glitch doesn't show it.

AgentIndy
2012-06-10, 02:19 PM
CoC sounds great, I'm just going to have to wait to start because in about a week I'm leaving the country for two weeks.

ocel
2012-06-10, 06:34 PM
... What was Niel's surname again?

AgentIndy
2012-06-10, 08:16 PM
Surname? Why would you ever need to know Niel Smith's surname?

:smallcool:

ocel
2012-06-21, 11:55 AM
You think it wouldn't be so difficult to find the author since there's only a few means off the island.

ocel
2012-06-27, 05:23 AM
... And this guy didn't send a complaint to the police, that in turn would cause a small scandal to said stalker's family?

AgentIndy
2012-06-29, 05:07 AM
Notice how his personality changed after you started talking about the book. He was annoyed by the "blank book", you jogged his memory about the book. Also, no one can remember the book's original author.

ocel
2012-07-01, 08:12 AM
Updating my character sheet soon. But before I do that, I have to ask: why did I lose a magic point and does this stat have any relevance to anything non-magical?

AgentIndy
2012-07-01, 08:59 PM
You lost a magic point due to your character unconsciously drawing upon an unrealized power. The way I am running this is that the more you know about Slenderman, the more like him you become. The whiteness in your character's hand is a sign that this is starting to manifest. The stat increase reflects the fact that you are very slowly transcending humanity.

Your character now has the ability to force people to temporarily reveal repressed memories, especially those that were repressed supernaturally in the first place. It costs one point of magic to use, and you lose 1d2 sanity points when used. Afterwards, the person collapses, and forgets about 5 minutes of time.

Giles doesn't know he has this ability, but activating it is instinctual when it becomes clear that someone is repressing something.

ocel
2012-07-03, 08:42 PM
Nice, updated sheet, except for the attribute point to spend. If I checked my map what would be considered worth visiting aside from the hotel and nearby forest.

AgentIndy
2012-07-04, 08:55 PM
On the island there are a few indian burial sites, along with a few cemeteries. There is Fort Mackinac, which you haven't been there yet, it is a relic of the war of 1812.

ocel
2012-07-04, 08:59 PM
What roll should I make for learning more about Fort Mackinac?

AgentIndy
2012-07-05, 01:11 PM
It's kind of obscure, I'd think you should look for a brochure, or something. There are a few left over from tourist season.

ocel
2012-07-05, 01:15 PM
Latest ic action was spent reviewing the map/brochure, is there any information I can find on it aside from how to get there?

AgentIndy
2012-07-05, 01:22 PM
I posted what you found.

ocel
2012-07-19, 12:08 PM
Sorry for the delay, I got a cold/fever and am enduring the worst of it even now. Despite my condition I was able to send another ic post.

ocel
2012-07-25, 11:30 PM
Usual fever related delay. Sent another post to the ic thread.

ocel
2012-08-30, 04:28 AM
Usual report, hope to see your reply soon.

AgentIndy
2012-08-31, 03:42 PM
Sorry, I got busy.

ocel
2012-09-26, 11:25 PM
It's alright. Hope to see the rest soon.

ocel
2012-10-17, 11:05 AM
Hmm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

AgentIndy
2012-10-17, 04:06 PM
Investigate it I guess.

ocel
2012-10-28, 12:13 PM
Question: is it possible to lock the door to my bedroom so whomever broke in'll've to use another to get into the hallway?

AgentIndy
2012-10-28, 09:01 PM
THat probably wouldn't be possible, unless you obstructed the door.

ocel
2012-10-28, 10:29 PM
Fortunately we've a volunteer... Never mind. Besides its unlikely the janitor could hold back whomever's breaking down the door. Escape seems to be the only option.

AgentIndy
2012-10-29, 05:17 PM
That seems to be the best option.

ocel
2012-11-06, 06:24 PM
Hmm, tough decision, your suggestion, gm?

AgentIndy
2012-11-06, 07:19 PM
Probably the stairs, since you could find an exit down there.

ocel
2012-11-11, 09:25 AM
I don't suppose a twenty dollar bill note will exile him from this earthly realm, eh? So I'm open to your suggestions once more. Have any?

AgentIndy
2012-11-11, 12:59 PM
Improvise, break a window, do something. What would you do in this situation?

ocel
2012-11-12, 04:57 PM
Don't know. Guess I'll follow your suggestions to the letter. Personally, I'd throw something to distract him while attempting to break down the window/door.

ocel
2012-11-18, 10:03 PM
Post sent. Do you want me to roll or something?

ocel
2012-12-14, 06:55 PM
Out of curiosity, would my character know his ability to cause spontaneous amnesia whenever he inquires about our mutual fiend?

AgentIndy
2012-12-14, 10:04 PM
Your decision.

ocel
2012-12-29, 03:07 AM
Your decision.
Alright, I'll make another post later, likely tonight or tomorrow. My apologies for the lengthy delay but I got sidetracked, y'know holidays'n' other things. I hope the game has been to your liking thus far.

AgentIndy
2012-12-29, 10:40 AM
Take your time.

Considering this is the first non freedom roleplay I've run, it's not going too bad.

ocel
2013-01-15, 01:33 AM
Thank you. My apologies for taking longer than we've initially planned.

ocel
2013-02-05, 06:41 PM
I'm going to ask a question related to the book he checked out of the library, but first I've to check whether he still has it in his possession.

ocel
2013-03-12, 08:56 PM
Out of curiosity, is there any daylight outside? If not then I'll've Giles check the time before going to bed.

AgentIndy
2013-03-15, 08:22 PM
No.

Sorry that I haven't been around. I've been drafted into a play since I am apparently the only person in my school with acting talent that doesn't already have a role.

ocel
2013-03-24, 01:38 AM
There's no need to apologize. I'm just glad to see everything moving along accordingly.

ocel
2013-05-03, 07:08 PM
I assume you mean his client, Mary Smith, when you apply female pronouns to host, yes? Either way, I'll send another post tonight or tomorrow.

AgentIndy
2013-05-05, 09:22 AM
Yes, I do.

ocel
2013-05-24, 06:40 PM
Anything else about the store or my client that you wish to tell in greater detail in character, GM?

ocel
2013-06-19, 07:35 AM
Well, here's the result of my spot check: [roll0]

ocel
2013-07-11, 05:51 PM
I'll roll my perception check here, [roll0]

ocel
2013-07-28, 09:49 AM
Forgot to make a research/libary use roll. less than or equal to 25 means a success. [roll0]

ocel
2013-08-09, 09:41 PM
Should I expect your next post soon, AgentIndy?

AgentIndy
2013-08-10, 05:20 PM
I'm so sorry, life took a turn for the busy.

ocel
2013-08-17, 09:46 AM
It's alright, gm. I hope to read your next post soon.