PDA

View Full Version : Serenity: We "acquired" a police car. What should we find inside?

ducttapebandit
2011-12-24, 02:44 AM
A little background for you: The party ended up with an Alliance transport ship that went missing during in the war. When we landed on one of the border worlds, a local Alliance sheriff took notice and detained the party while he sorted things out. We convinced someone that just wandered into the holding cell trying to escape a riot outside that we were innocent. She picked the lock.

I dumped all my plot points to spawn a car with the keys in it just outside the door. The GM decided it was a police car. With some excellent rolls on his driving checks, and some help from our sniper, we were soon power sliding the car onto the ship.

The problem is, my GM and the rest of the group were a little hazy on what should be found in the trunk and in the car its self. This is a standard patrol car, so nothing too fancy. Yes, I do have GM permission to query the forum.

Here's what he said I [tentatively] found in the trunk... er, looks like I lost it. :smalleek: The only thing I remember is a stun rifle.

Because the idea amuses me, I thought I'd have my character make the same request of you. It's in spoiler tags, in case you don't want to see it. Note: He has the minimum intelligence for the game and his English isn't very good (Russian is his native tongue, but he is making an effort to improve his English as well). With one exception, I toned down his pseudo-Russian accent.

"I am Victor Grundy. My job is keep some people alive. Others, not so much. I have problem. In Victor's experience, there is one, no, two people you want be on good side of. The first is Victor. Second is medic.

"I don't know why police arrest us. When we go to cell, medic ask for new gloves and pilot want cards. I ask medic, who is also boss, what is plan. She said, "Wait." Victor not like waiting, but I follow orders for first day.

"The next day, Victor try to get guards come stop 'prison fight.' I try get friend hit me, but they not do. So, I throw pilot's cards into hall. Pilot angry, but not go after Victor. Victor take gloves and throw into hall. Medic freak out, start screaming. Then pilot try kick Victor. I dodge. Pilot is, how you say, not so good in fight.

"Guards rush in, break up fight. Victor and pilot go to separate cells and medic moved to new one with mechanic. Strange girl showed up that night and picked locks. Pilot and the medic were almost killed as we leave. We run down hallway and find police car. We jump in car and go back to sheep.

"No. Not sheep, sheep. You thinking of sheep go, "Baa! Baa! Baa!" This sheep not go, "Baa!' It go "whoosh" and fly in space. Other sheep not go in space.

"Victor plan on giving gift to make peace with medic, but I not know what to give. Only options are in car."

What do I/does Victor find inside?

LibraryOgre
2011-12-24, 03:06 AM
Depends on where you are, but on core worlds, I think you'd be likely to find some stunners (usually the rifle version), riot armor, and a variety of restraints. You might find some basic crime scene materials, too (cameras for taking pictures if you need to move people/things, tape or other barriers).

Rockphed
2011-12-24, 03:07 AM
There will be donuts. They will be tasty. Also, covered in grease and sugar.

Premier
2011-12-24, 07:41 AM
Set of maintenance tools for the car, spare tire. A copy of the local equivalent of the Highway Code. Area map. Extra fuel. Game setting's equivalent of a police shotgun. Maybe body armour, but not actual riot gear - that's for riot police, not ordinary cops.

Golkiwu
2011-12-24, 07:56 AM
If your GM want to have some plot fun, there should be a dead body in the trunk. The body of someone, say an alliance tax assessor or something? And the plot thickens.

Dimers
2011-12-24, 09:25 AM
confiscated drugs
a dead yip-dog
a large bottle of chloroform or ether
a fantastic pair of black knee-high boots from an expensive shoe store, and they just happen to be the medic's size
arcane tomes and ritual materials in evidence bags
a top-notch nonlethal weapon with enough power/supplies for three more shots

comicshorse
2011-12-24, 09:47 AM
A handcuffed crime lord who swears he's going to have your family murdered unless you free him RIGHT NOW !

ducttapebandit
2011-12-24, 06:11 PM
Depends on where you are, but on core worlds, I think you'd be likely to find some stunners (usually the rifle version), riot armor, and a variety of restraints. You might find some basic crime scene materials, too (cameras for taking pictures if you need to move people/things, tape or other barriers).
We are at a border world between the core and the rim. I think it was Persephone, but I may be remembering wrong. Several of those suggestions are still valid.

Victor would like to comment:
Victor not go to core. People are looking for me there. Victor had... unfortunate spatula incident. Victor have spatula, other man have unfortunate.

Sith_Happens
2011-12-25, 04:50 PM
We are at a border world between the core and the rim. I think it was Persephone, but I may be remembering wrong. Several of those suggestions are still valid.

Victor would like to comment:
Victor not go to core. People are looking for me there. Victor had... unfortunate spatula incident. Victor have spatula, other man have unfortunate.

I don't suppose Victor looks at all like this (http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/QfyeTll/full/tf2-heavy.jpg)?:smallbiggrin:

ducttapebandit
2011-12-25, 06:56 PM
I don't suppose Victor looks at all like this (http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/QfyeTll/full/tf2-heavy.jpg)?:smallbiggrin:
More or less. Just scale him down to 3'11" and give him horribly disfiguring burn scars on his face (related to the spatula incident). :smallbiggrin:

Joran
2011-12-26, 01:16 AM
More or less. Just scale him down to 3'11" and give him horribly disfiguring burn scars on his face (related to the spatula incident). :smallbiggrin:

Did Victor meet a bounty hunter named Jubal Early? :smallbiggrin:

From Objects in Space:

Jubal Early: You know, with the exception of one deadly and unpredictable midget, this girl is the smallest cargo I've ever had to transport. Yet by far the most troublesome. Does that seem right to you?
Dr. Simon Tam: What'd he do?
Jubal Early: Who?
Dr. Simon Tam: The midget.
Jubal Early: Arson. The little man loved fire.

ducttapebandit
2011-12-26, 07:09 PM
If your GM want to have some plot fun, there should be a dead body in the trunk. The body of someone, say an alliance tax assessor or something? And the plot thickens.My brother, known as Gadora 'round these parts, is planning to join in soon. It's been suggested that his character be found in the trunk. This character would be based on Jamie Dawson from the song "Dawson's Christian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3fIu2OdWn8)" (music begins about 1 minute into video).

Did Victor meet a bounty hunter named Jubal Early? :smallbiggrin:

From Objects in Space:

Jubal Early: You know, with the exception of one deadly and unpredictable midget, this girl is the smallest cargo I've ever had to transport. Yet by far the most troublesome. Does that seem right to you?
Dr. Simon Tam: What'd he do?
Jubal Early: Who?
Dr. Simon Tam: The midget.
Jubal Early: Arson. The little man loved fire.
That would be awesome! Unfortunately, he has a phobia of fire and I didn't take the Deadly Enemy complication.