PDA

View Full Version : Ranged fighting defensively?

Seharvepernfan
2011-12-24, 03:13 AM
Say I'm fighting some archers with a bow of my own. We are distant from each other, can I fight defensively while firing my bow?

TroubleBrewing
2011-12-24, 06:39 AM
Yes. Why wouldn't you be able to?

missmvicious
2011-12-24, 08:38 AM
Yes... but you can only fight defensively against Attacks of Opportunity. So, if you're enemies are far away from you, fighting defensively is a bit unnecessary, since AoO requires that you be in an opponents threatened square.

JadePhoenix
2011-12-24, 08:56 AM
Yes... but you can only fight defensively against Attacks of Opportunity. So, if you're enemies are far away from you, fighting defensively is a bit unnecessary, since AoO requires that you be in an opponents threatened square.

You're confusing fighting defensivily and casting defensively.

candycorn
2011-12-24, 09:25 AM

Fighting Defensively as a Standard Action

You can choose to fight defensively when attacking. If you do so, you take a -4 penalty on all attacks in a round to gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC for the same round. See also: Fighting Defensively as a Full-Round Action.
This is what is being referred to.

missmvicious
2011-12-26, 02:18 PM
Eep! You're right. I play a lot of casters. Sorry. :smalleek: