PDA

View Full Version : Dry Lich Sorcerer?

DementedFellow
2011-12-24, 05:20 AM
Howdy gang!

I'm of the opinion that Liches should be Sorcerers. It just seems right. And truth be told I am very biased against the wizards and other prepared spellcasters. So if at all possible let's try to steer away from their ilk.

For the purposes of discussion, we are assuming that all the Completes and the 3 environmental supplements (Sandstorm, Frostburn and Stormwrack) are allowed. Unearthed Arcana could be allowed but it takes a lot of effort to get it to pass.

Questions:
1) Considering that the Walker in the Waste class gives +1 to existing spellcasting class, we can guess that the creators had the idea that someone would want to do an arcane WitW. But here is my problem:

Prerequisite:
Spells: Ability to cast at least three spells of the Sand or
Thirst domain as divine spells.
This would mean either: A) Sorcerers can take domain lists somehow or B) Sorcerers can cast divine spells on a normal basis.

If the case is A, then by what mechanic, be it alternate class feature or feat, can a Sorcerer get one or more domains and still manage to finish out WitW? If he can cast domain spells, are they considered arcane or divine?

If the case is B, can a Sorcerer cast a divine spell? Again I'm looking for actual mechanical proof to bring up in case there is an unconvinced DM.

2) Assuming there is some way around the whole divine sorcerer tidbit, what level(s) would be the soonest such a sorcerer could qualify for WitW?

3) Spell-Stitching. Is it possible to get it done to a PC? Is it possible to Spell-Stitch yourself if you are an undead? Is it worth it?

DeltaEmil
2011-12-24, 05:37 AM
To get the domain spells, you can use the Arcane Disciple-feat found in the book Complet Divine, or use the Domain Access alternate class feature found in Complete Champion.
Only problem is, you still cast them as arcane spells. You'll need to find a way to turn your sorcerous arcane spells into divine spells.

Snowbluff
2011-12-24, 05:39 AM
To get the domain spells, you can use the Arcane Disciple-feat found in the book Complet Divine, or use the Domain Access alternate class feature found in Complete Champion.
Only problem is, you still cast them as arcane spells. You'll need to find a way to turn your sorcerous arcane spells into divine spells.

I'd suggest adding Alternate Spell Source? (idr afb).

Use a Planar Touchstone. Choose the library or whatevs as your location t o grant one of the domains, and it's higher ranked ability for the location let's you cast domain spells so many times/recharge. Recharging is done most easily by making a DC25 int check (use scrolls to help).

Jheska
2011-12-24, 08:21 AM
Shame PGtF isnt allowed, southern magician would solve the arcane/divine issue.

motoko's ghost
2011-12-24, 08:50 AM
Really I always thought of them as arising from all three either through years of arcane preparation(wizard),pledges of devotion to dark gods(clerics), or through sheer force of will(sorcerors:smalltongue:)

Madara
2011-12-24, 10:45 AM
Yes, you can spellstich yourself, but there is no consensus on if there is an LA. Make sure to check with your DM. By RAW, its legal.