PDA

View Full Version : What do people think of this?(vaguely holiday-inspired RPG)

motoko's ghost
2011-12-24, 09:04 AM
An RPG where you play guardian angels and protect your charge from the various evil monsters(charges have some sort of destiny ahead of them the monsters are trying to stop) and other hazards(fire,flood, rains of knives,etc).
However they must not be seen(humanity cannot be made aware of the afterlife's existence lest everything goes nuts).

Some ideas;
-The angels can operate through avatars(avatars however possess much less of the abilities and must still take care not to be seen, mostly to help talk the charge into/out of things)
-Works off a point buy system(more flexibility in character design)

I dont know, what do people think of this?:smallconfused:

EDIT: the reason its vaguely holiday inspired is because its basically christmas,which got me thinking about angel, etc etc

EDIT ps: 40 views and not even a "this is good" or a "this is awful, go sit in a corner and feel bad about yourself"?

Debihuman
2011-12-25, 07:22 AM
Would the angel's charges be PCs or NPCs? It might not be sustainable in the long run. One game with angles could be fun but a campaign with them sounds like it would be repetitive. It sounds too much like World of Darkness and not breaking the masquerade except it applies to angels instead of vampires.

Debby

Fortuna
2011-12-25, 08:48 AM
I agree that what you propose would be boring in the long run. That's not to say that the idea doesn't have merit. What are my thoughts...

Maybe the guardian angels can't act through avatars, or directly influence the Earth purely through their own agency. Instead, they are able to gift their charges with powers and knowledge, and occasionally assume full control for a large power boost (although that causes issues: perhaps your angelic power bleeds through into their appearance).

Huh. Now I think of it, this is reminding me of Exalted. Funny old world and no mistake.

motoko's ghost
2011-12-25, 07:44 PM
Would the angel's charges be PCs or NPCs? It might not be sustainable in the long run. One game with angles could be fun but a campaign with them sounds like it would be repetitive. It sounds too much like World of Darkness and not breaking the masquerade except it applies to angels instead of vampires.

Debby

NPCs and yeah it was just a strange idea I had the other night. Never actually played WoD so I cant comment on that last one

I agree that what you propose would be boring in the long run. That's not to say that the idea doesn't have merit. What are my thoughts...

Maybe the guardian angels can't act through avatars, or directly influence the Earth purely through their own agency. Instead, they are able to gift their charges with powers and knowledge, and occasionally assume full control for a large power boost (although that causes issues: perhaps your angelic power bleeds through into their appearance).

Huh. Now I think of it, this is reminding me of Exalted. Funny old world and no mistake.

Huh, that might be a good idea.
Also I didnt quite realise the similarities till I read the exalted sourcebook again.