PDA

View Full Version : Physical Ability Scores

Keegan__D
2011-12-24, 02:17 PM
There are plenty of class features that depend on the mental ability scores, but I don't see too many that are based on Str, Dex, or Con. Is combat a class ability decided by HD and BAB?

What are some classes (or prestige classes) that have features based on any of the physical scores?

Flickerdart
2011-12-24, 02:21 PM
Fist of the Forest adds CON to AC, and Mineral Warrior has a CON-based smite. Then there's like one single instance of a DEX-based save DC tucked away in one of the monster books.

ORione
2011-12-24, 02:21 PM
Well, CON affects how long a barbarian can rage. Is that the sort of thing you're thinking of?

Anxe
2011-12-24, 02:29 PM
A lot of the monsters have their save DCs based off of CON, but that's not quite what you're looking for.

dextercorvia
2011-12-24, 02:37 PM
Incarnum users and some of the DFA is based off of Con.

Keegan__D
2011-12-24, 03:11 PM
Fist of the Forest adds CON to AC, and Mineral Warrior has a CON-based smite. Then there's like one single instance of a DEX-based save DC tucked away in one of the monster books.
What's Mineral Warrior?

Well, CON affects how long a barbarian can rage. Is that the sort of thing you're thinking of?
Yeah, stuff like that. Shifters also base their shifting off of Con

A lot of the monsters have their save DCs based off of CON, but that's not quite what you're looking for.
It works, but I'm trying to avoid LA and HD.

Incarnum users and some of the DFA is based off of Con.
I forgot about Incarnum!
What's DFA?

Gotterdammerung
2011-12-24, 03:13 PM
Tome of battle classes do a good job of linking class abilities to a physical stat.

Keegan__D
2011-12-24, 03:19 PM
Tome of battle classes do a good job of linking class abilities to a physical stat.

I'm still unfamiliar with ToB. Do they link to a single stat, or are they different with each ability?

dextercorvia
2011-12-24, 03:21 PM
What's Mineral Warrior?

What's DFA?

Mineral Warrior is a Template from one of the Underdark Books.

Dragonfire Adept (Dragon Magic)

Gray Mage
2011-12-24, 03:22 PM
Various ToB maneuvers have DC's that depend on the character's str mod. Most of them are from the Tiger Claw discipline, if I'm not mistaken.

GoatBoy
2011-12-24, 03:52 PM
The breath weapon DC for Dragon Shaman and Dragonfire Adept are both based on their Con modifiers. DFA invocations are based on Cha, though.

Incarnum ability save DC's are based on Wisdom, but Con determines how many soulmelds they can shape.

Ernir
2011-12-24, 06:43 PM
Incarnum ability save DC's are based on Wisdom

Only for Incarnates, actually. Totemist and Soulborn soulmeld save DCs are based on Con.

Lonely Tylenol
2011-12-24, 08:40 PM
This is actually from 3.0, but the Forsaker (Masters of the Wild 57) gets a bonus to natural armor equal to its CON modifier.

The Dungeoncrasher (Dungeonscape 10) gives you an attack that deals a fixed damage plus twice your strength modifier (up to thrice if you follow it through). I know this is the equivalent of saying "all damage rolls use Strength as a bonus unless stated otherwise", but it's something.

Siosilvar
2011-12-24, 10:32 PM

Aside from save DCs, which are mostly Strength (and a handful of Wisdom, Charisma, and Dexterity), that's not true. Swordsage's class abilities are on Wisdom, Warblade is off Intelligence, and Crusader runs off Charisma.

Gotterdammerung
2011-12-25, 01:26 AM
Aside from save DCs, which are mostly Strength (and a handful of Wisdom, Charisma, and Dexterity), that's not true. Swordsage's class abilities are on Wisdom, Warblade is off Intelligence, and Crusader runs off Charisma.

So if we ignore what makes the statement true, it becomes false? cool.