PDA

View Full Version : What did Santa get you this year?

Viera Champion
2011-12-24, 10:22 PM
So um... Not just for Christmas I suppose, for any presents you got over the holiday season.

This is a thread to brag. Go ahead. We all do it.

I got exactly what I asked for. A fancy pen and a leather cover notebook for me to write poetry in. And a Bleach-themed messenger bag.

And the fuzziest-wuzziest jacket EVAR!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, we celebrate Christmas on the 24th because we go up to visit the extended family on Christmas Day.

Dsurion
2011-12-25, 12:51 AM
Well, this year I'm mostly getting money. And I'm okay with that :smallbiggrin:

Though I do recall a Christmas when I was younger, I walked down into the living room and saw that all of the stockings were missing. And in their places... buckets. Buckets upon buckets of coal.

I was so disappointed that I just went back to bed until my brother started yelling, "It's candy! It's candy! You can eat it!"

...It was hard candy in the shape of coal. Devious.

But it's better to give than to receive. I wrapped something up for a good buddy of mine. A brick. With $20 taped underneath.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-12-25, 01:44 AM
I got a PS3 and both Assassin's Creed Revelations and Brotherhood and I used the money I got to buy Assassin's Creed II :smallbiggrin:

Moonshadow
2011-12-25, 02:52 AM
I got nothing at all, but I did give some money to a friend to help her with her rent so that she might still have a place to live.

Icewalker
2011-12-25, 03:33 AM
I got nothing at all, but I did give some money to a friend to help her with her rent so that she might still have a place to live.

Where do you live? I have a strong urge to mail you a Christmas present.

Mordokai
2011-12-25, 03:37 AM
http://sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2001-12-19.gif

Now if you'll excuse, I have a shotgun to load and hunt the bastard down :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2011-12-25, 03:43 AM
Careful. He is always watching, knows everything you do, can hit up every house in the world in a night, can bend the laws of space...this isn't somebody you want to mess with.

Moonshadow
2011-12-25, 04:57 AM
Where do you live? I have a strong urge to mail you a Christmas present.

lolbro, it was nothing really. It was the least I could do to help out a friend even if she lives in a different country. I'd rather a friend still have a place to live than get presents any day.

Castaras
2011-12-25, 06:54 AM
Minecraft Tshirt
Two pony minifigs (Rarity and Rainbowdash)
4 CDs (Imaginarium ~ Nightwish, At the Edge of Time ~ Blind Guardian, Rock Island ~ Jethro Tull, Over the Hills and Far Away ~ Nightwish)
Skyrim
Two books (Darwin Awards, Blood Bound ~ Patricia Briggs)
Simon's Cat Diary
£200 to go towards my chainshirt. :3
New computer speakers

Very materialistic, yep. I'm also rather tipsy on martini. ^.^ Should be fun. :smallbiggrin:

Mixt
2011-12-25, 07:41 AM
I got

-A T-shirt with a picture of a zombie chasing an athlete, with the text "Zombies hate fast food" beneath the picture

-The Zombie Survival Guide

-World War Z

I think "Santa" is trying to tell me something...

Weimann
2011-12-25, 08:02 AM
I got the equivalent of $72.67, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li on DVD and a cheap plastic pen. I think I'll use the money to help fund a Kindle or some similar device.

We didn't do presents much in my family this year. Still, I think I gave more than I got, so I'm feeling fairly magnanimous about that.

Hannes
2011-12-25, 08:15 AM
I got a bottle of Guinness, a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale and two packets of beef jerky.

My little sister got a camcorder.

My little brother got a big box of Raffaello, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Maybe I'm too old...

CurlyKitGirl
2011-12-25, 08:22 AM
\Minecraft Tshirt
4 CDs (Imaginarium ~ Nightwish, At the Edge of Time ~ Blind Guardian, Rock Island ~ Jethro Tull, Over the Hills and Far Away ~ Nightwish)
Skyrim
Two books (Darwin Awards, Blood Bound ~ Patricia Briggs)
Simon's Cat Diary
New computer speakers

Ponies, Blind Guardian (that album is truly amazing, trust me, I have it and listen to it loads), Nightwish, Skyrim (both brothers got that), cats, books and a chain shirt.
My angel, truly, you are a geek.
And it's a fantastic haul!

Very materialistic, yep. I'm also rather tipsy on martini. ^.^ Should be fun. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to the herd!
Lovely drink isn't it? Have it with lemonade and ice. Shame I'm not allowed any until Christmas dinner. But it's soon, so.

Me?

One kickass thigh-length leather jacket (Elder Little Brother got a dude's military type one oddly . . . )
Snuff (finally! I've literally been waiting since two weeks before the release date to get this book for Christmas because it's a tradition now)
Richard III (pleasure and school)
Henry V (pleasure, school and gloating over Elder Little Brother because he adores that play)
Sire Orfeo (school and pleasure)
A jewelled bookmark (okay, plastic jewels, but still . . . )
Two identical Parker fountain pens (Elder Younger Brother and Little Sister think alike)
Paul (love this film)
Tangled (ditto, and now I can watch a non-pirated, non-blurry version!)
Assorted smellies including two actual glass bottles of proper perfume. Oh, and a chapstick, but it's a fancy Nivea one, so it's okay? (I'm turning into a girl!)
A top that looks almost exactly like that pink and purple stripy one James May wears (I'm disturbed too, but it's a lovely top)
The Classic Who box set Bred For War: The Sontaran Collection (because Littlest Brother knows me)
~ £60

Highlights from the rest of the family:
Aforementioned ELB's kickass leather jacket
Both brothers getting Skyrim (planned this time, not a coincidence)
Mum's absolute gleegasm upon getting NCIS series 1 - 6. Her exact response after giving a manic grin was "I'm going to bed with Gibbs tonight!" *clutches box set to chest*
Dad's gleegasm upon receiving both the complete collection of Farscape (because mum knows him (plus his constant hinting helped)) and the new series of Battlestar Galactica to compliment his complete collection of the 1980s Galactica series (because I, and by extension the rest of his children, know him). His precise words were "Now I can return the discs [pirated by an uncle, and then pinched] I 'borrowed' from Geoff."
Dad's enormous binoculars. My precise words "Those ain't no binoculars, they're two wine bottle stapled together!"
Littlest Brother getting his own laptop.
Oh, and mum got a proper tea pot and some loose leaf tea.

As I type Elder Little Brother is playing Skyrim, Littlest Brother is playing that other game he got whose name I forget, Little Sister is setting up her 3DS and playing that new Leyton game her siblings bought her, the parents are bickering as they cook the veg.
Me? I'm a nerd, so I'm online. Wearing the James May shirt. And the jacket. Watching Tangled and reading Snuff.
Planning on getting squiffy over dinner.

Christmas truly is awesome.

Mauve Shirt
2011-12-25, 08:39 AM
Christmas isn't quite over yet for me, I've got some other relatives to visit, but my loot includes: Two sweaters, fingerless gloves for typing, a puppet shaped like an african grey, an Aperture Science glass, a great scarf, a deck of cards, awesome Christmas socks, the wonderful amber earrings I was coveting, and a dinosaur skeleton toy!

llamamushroom
2011-12-25, 08:42 AM
This year, I only got the DVD of Red Dog, because international post isn't cheap. Apparently, I have a couple of things waiting for me at home, but for now I shall simply watch and re-watch Red Dog because it's awesome.

As to what my family got, the only things I know are what I got them (Dad a new Australian-army-doctors book, about WWII POW camps I think, Mum a book on ancient medical mysteries, and my brother Brave New World and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. Thank you, Book Depository, for your free international shipping :smalltongue:) and that my brother's girlfriend gave him some cufflinks that have been engraved or patterned or something to look like clockwork, and look awesome (as far as skype can tell).

Thufir
2011-12-25, 08:55 AM
Minecraft Tshirt
*snip*

Pics. I demand them.

One kickass thigh-length leather jacket (Elder Little Brother got a dude's military type one oddly . . . )

Pics from you too, please.

Snuff (finally! I've literally been waiting since two weeks before the release date to get this book for Christmas because it's a tradition now)

:smalleek: That must be such a hard tradition.
You will love it. Please post about how much you love the book once you've read it, I was most vexed when I read it that I couldn't talk to you about it.

Oh, and a chapstick, but it's a fancy Nivea one, so it's okay? (I'm turning into a girl!)

Hey, I use chapstick, and- no, wait, that doesn't invalidate its girlishness at all...

OK, my presents:

Some things yet to be sorted because they really require my input and I've been busy/asleep at the times my mum would otherwise have asked me about them. Going to be getting a microphone. And a hat.

Waistcoat (Gorgeous, also it is perfectly matched by the ribbon a friend of mine wrapped her present for me in - pics will be forthcoming)
Doctor Who series 6 boxset (So happy)
Card game called Seven Dragons (Made by the same people who make Fluxx - will be bringign this to the meetup, naturally)
Chocolate/sweets, of course
Diary, with free CD of baroque music
Oh, and a TF2 bow-tie. In-game item may not seem like the greatest gift, but bow-ties are cool.

Notable for the rest of the family - only one thing springs to mind. Koorli, you may be envious, because my dad got the first two series of Ab Fab on DVD. Look forward to seeing some of that.

GnomeGninjas
2011-12-25, 08:57 AM
A critical hit d20. It glows if you role a natural 20.

Spekari
2011-12-25, 09:04 AM
Exactly what I got was:

PHB
DMG
MM I
MM II (all of these books being 3.5, of course)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Final Fantasy VIII
Super Mario 3D Land
Rayman Origins
Rayman 3D

And then of course, I got my little sis (who is 13) a necklace, so yeah. Made me all warm and fuzzy inside when she opened it. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: How could I have possibly forgotten Banjo Kazooie? :smalleek:

Eldan
2011-12-25, 09:05 AM
My personal highlight is what I got from my parents.

A fancy pocket watch. On the outside, engraving of the family crest (three hills and a star), on the inside my personal "crest" (non-official, a crow) and the date my MSc diploma arrived.

Tragic_Comedian
2011-12-25, 10:33 AM
A banjo.:smallcool:

Zevox
2011-12-25, 10:42 AM
A dagger with a Dragon hilt and flame-breath design on the blade. Pretty cool, and something that I wasn't expecting.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
A Nintendo 3DS
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Ocarina of Time 3D
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Donkey Kong Country Returns
The Flash vol 2: The Road to Flashpoint
(By parental mistake, a single issue of 52 rather than the first volume of it. Not sure what I'm gonna do with that.)
Odd Girl Out (novel by Timothy Zahn)
New boots.
New pajamas.

And for some reason, a TV when I already have one :smallconfused: . I guess this one's bigger and does HD, but still, seems unnecessary to me.

...and now I come to the hard part: which of those games to play. Especially with the handhelds, since I'm currently smack in the middle of a play-through of Persona 3 Portable, one of my favorite games of all time but also one of the longest games I've ever played. I don't want to stop playing that (see: "one of my favorite games of all time"), but if I don't, it might well be another month before I get started on Phoenix Wright or Mario 3D Land. And I only have a couple of months before a deluge of just about every game of 2012 that I'm interested in hits. Gah.

Zevox

druid91
2011-12-25, 10:47 AM
An Actual lump of coal.... The kind that gets mined and is burned for fuel.

Starbuck_II
2011-12-25, 10:53 AM
I haven't checked my presents since everyone still asleep.
But in my stocking: toothbrush, toothpaste, orange, crush tm jelly beans, russell stover pecan delight bag, whitman's sampler (1.75 oz box), marshmellow santa, lip pops lollopops, and a coke (circular bottom ones).

So candy, fruit, and new tooth/paste, and a drink.

Starscream
2011-12-25, 11:11 AM
I got:
*Disgaea 4 (Yay! There goes 300 more hours of my life:smallbiggrin:)
*A Doctor Who hoodie
*Snuff by Terry Pratchett
*Die Hard on Blu-Ray (the ultimate Christmas movie)
*Some gift cards

Arcane_Secrets
2011-12-25, 11:26 AM
I got (or rather, bought myself, since I always get money for xmas):

Pathfinder Core Rulebook
Stross' Fuller Memorandum
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
windproof neck gaiter and balaclava
Two CD's from Amazon.com

arguskos
2011-12-25, 11:28 AM
I got a PS3 and both Assassin's Creed Revelations and Brotherhood and I used the money I got to buy Assassin's Creed II :smallbiggrin:
Sounds like a party! :smallcool:

Got one of those last year, god I love it.

I got some nice comfy clothing, a new leather hat (it's glorious), some Magic cards, a lovely new leather-bound journal (with a fancy metal clasp, also glorious), a bit of candy, a box of pens (totally the best brand), a Tim Burton deck of playing cards, and a hand-knitted cap for the winter.

All in all, a good haul. I am happy. I didn't give as much as all that, but I gave to about three people, each was given something tailored to them, and given that I'm fairly broke these days, I feel ok about that. It's the intent and all that, right?

Mauve Shirt
2011-12-25, 11:30 AM
My bird is not fond of the new puppet.
http://s1-03.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/481092361.jpg

Wyntonian
2011-12-25, 11:32 AM
I got a total of seven pairs of underwear, a couple cool books, a poofy vest, a bag of jerky and some slippers. I'm pretty stoked. And my birthday's in five days.

Orzel
2011-12-25, 11:57 AM
Silver and gold ring, diamond and onyx bracelet, silver watch, cologne, nail care kit, new hat, vodka, wine, whiskey, and some party time clothes.

Not one game.

Starwulf
2011-12-25, 12:30 PM
An Actual lump of coal.... The kind that gets mined and is burned for fuel.

That may perhaps be the awesomest gift ever :) Wish I thought of that for my wife.

Me and my wife managed to save $50 Each for each other to buy gifts with. Thank god for E-Bay! I got: The Druid Queen(final book of a FR Trilogy), Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity, Breath of Fire III for PSP(Huzzah! Thank god for no region-locking on the PSP), Valhalla Knights(Though It actually turned out to be the 2nd one. Wife messaged the seller and he apologized profusely and not only refunded the money and told her to keep the game, he also promised if he found the first one that he'd send that to us as well! Christmas Spirit man, it lives!), and Ragnarok Online for the DS :)

I got my wife an Ipod Cover, a Pair of Pants and a shirt that she wanted, Trace Memories and Puzzle Quest for the DS, Faces in the Crowd DVD. The shirt hasn't gotten here yet though, despite having been in Linthcium, MD since the 20th >< 2 other gifts haven't gotten here yet, a Set of candles, and two books :).

I know my parents got us some stuff as well, but we haven't been over there yet, my oldest daughter is pretty sick :-(. We'll be going over in another hour or so though, so I'll edit this post to say what we got from them ^^

Starbuck_II
2011-12-25, 12:49 PM
Well, they woke up and we all went down for opening presents together.
My family forgot me... :smallfrown:
I got no presents (even Santa forgot me). Everyone else got presents (I got presents for others)
They said they'd try to get some soon.
Worst christmas ever. :smallfrown:

Pokonic
2011-12-25, 12:56 PM
I got no presents (even Santa forgot me). Everyone else got presents (I got presents for others)

Your joking. You must be. :eek:

On other news, the jolly old elf knew that my computer was old, and supplied me with a fantastic new one. I also got more undergarments than I feel comfertable mentioning, and my sister rearanged my turtles tank with a whole lot of new stuff.

Tragic_Comedian
2011-12-25, 12:56 PM
Maybe they're tricking you, and they really got you a car. Honestly I don't know how that's possible.

toasty
2011-12-25, 01:06 PM
Lemme See:

Razor Deathadder Mouse
Bag of Reese's Cups
$15 Itunes gift card (which I will sell to my brother, because I don't use Itunes :smalltongue:)
2 Movies on Bonhoffer
A CD of my brother's music
An awesome shirt from my grandmother
A 1999 Hyundai Sonata, my first car.

Starbuck_II
2011-12-25, 01:48 PM
Your joking. You must be. :eek:

On other news, the jolly old elf knew that my computer was old, and supplied me with a fantastic new one. I also got more undergarments than I feel comfertable mentioning, and my sister rearanged my turtles tank with a whole lot of new stuff.

Nope, this is real. They overlooked me. Won't be till first of Month till next paycheck that they can buy me anything either. :smallfrown:

Pokonic
2011-12-25, 02:05 PM
......There is no words for the sort of rage I am experiancing right now.

Next year, get them coal. The cheap, sooty kind. Dump water all over it.

Maxios
2011-12-25, 02:09 PM
I got:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Man vs Wild with Bear Grylls (a video game, not a season of the show)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Recaiden
2011-12-25, 02:14 PM
Really sad luck there, Starbuck. :smallfrown:

As for me, I got:
A folding scooter.
A wireless mouse.
Hæmetite beads in a bracelet.
The Graveyard Book
A wristwatch.
91 sheets of square paper.
And a multi-tool.

Very good things.

Roxxy
2011-12-25, 02:22 PM
Santa was good to me this year. I got:

Non-Rulebooks:

Zombies: A Hunter's Guide

The Official Zombie Handbook (Think Max Brooks's Zombie Survival Guide, but British :smallbiggrin:)

The Art of War for Writers

The Look of the Old West

Writing the Paranormal Novel

Various clothing items and stocking stuffers

Rulebooks (The Good Stuff):

Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide

Pathfinder Ultimate Combat

Pathfinder Ultimate Magic

Pathfinder Bestiary 2

Legends and Lairs: Seafarer's Handbook

Legends and Lairs: Sorcery and Steam

Aerial Adventure Guide

Draconomicon

I also got money, and promptly went to Amazon and ordered more rulebooks:

Pathfinder Bestiary 3

Trailblazer: New Horizons in 3.5 Roleplaying

Seas of Blood

Legends and Lairs Necromantic Lore

Monte Cook's Collected Book of Experimental Might

Green Ronin's 3.5 Advanced Bestiary

I am a very happy girl.

I also got an endless supply of hot chocolate and chewing gum :smallbiggrin:

Roxxy
2011-12-25, 02:24 PM
Man, Starbuck, that sucks.

Pokonic
2011-12-25, 02:32 PM
Santa was good to me this year. I got:

"epicness"

I am a very happy girl.

I also got an endless supply of hot chocolate and chewing gum :smallbiggrin:

Santa gots him some deep pockits.:smallbiggrin:

The Official Zombie Handbook

Must find. Like, right now.

Esprit15
2011-12-25, 02:41 PM
Stuff for a trip to France (Backpack, jacket, wallet strap)

CANDY!

Clothes (You know you're growing up when this doesn't bug you as much)

Stuff for my phone (Car charger/music player, headphones that hopefully will last more than three months)

A book by a man who has now published two books after dying

Sandals for pool locker rooms

Technically I got my iPhone two days before Christmas, but it was the reason I didn't get anything super fancy, so I'm counting it

Twas a good Christmas.

Amridell
2011-12-25, 02:50 PM
Some new clothes

Coffee mug with Shakespearean insults coating it

Warcraft III

Two clocks, one with mathematical equations for the time, the other looking like it came out of a surrealism piece.

Other assorted things

Amridell
2011-12-25, 02:51 PM
Some new clothes

Coffee mug with Shakespearean insults coating it

Warcraft III

Two clocks, one with mathematical equations for the time, the other looking like it came out of a surrealism piece.

Other assorted things

Sorry for double post, browser glitched :/

Roxxy
2011-12-25, 02:56 PM
Santa gots him some deep pockits.:smallbiggrin:It's because we don't buy a lot of non-essential stuff for each other during the year, which means that at birthdays and Christmas we have the money to make up for it by buying a lot of stuff.

Must find. Like, right now.Here is a link to it's Amazon page. (http://www.amazon.com/Official-Zombie-Handbook-Ministry-Zombies/dp/0980799619)

I have just seen that there is an Australian version. I have ordered it. Too bad there is only an Australian version and a British version. If they had, say, a Canadian version or an Irish version or a New Zealand version or a South African version, I'd be even more delighted than I already am. I'd buy a Caribbean or Pacific version, too.

Em Blackleaf
2011-12-25, 03:28 PM
From friends:

little Pinkie Pie doll from MLP: Friendship is Magic
A little elephant pencil topper.
A lovely leather-bound journal.
A "flying pig" (it's a plastic pig with wings that actually flap and you attatch it to your ceiling).

From family:

A FREAKING NETBOOK (they noticed how much I hated my old comupter :'))
A new phone.
A really nice coat. Like, really nice.
A bee pillow pet.
A sparkly gemmed frog thing. It's awesome.
A nice purse that kinda goes with my nice coat.
A case for my netbook!

'Twas a good Christmas. :) And then I feel I should mention my brother getting Batman: Arkham Asylum, as that's also a gift I get to enjoy. C:

factotum
2011-12-25, 03:32 PM
Not a huge haul this year--the definite highlights:

Dead Island for PC
Haynes workshop manual for the Millennium Falcon (no, I'm not making this up :smallbiggrin:)
Monty Python favourites on DVD

Thufir
2011-12-25, 03:35 PM
Oh, forgot a shared present between me and my dad: The Etymologicon. Book about interesting etymologies.

Starwulf
2011-12-25, 04:29 PM
Nope, this is real. They overlooked me. Won't be till first of Month till next paycheck that they can buy me anything either. :smallfrown:

Well, I can officially say that I can SORT of feel where you're coming from Starbucks. For whatever reason, my mom thought that the things that were on my Wifes list(my mom makes us both write a list of things we'd like for christmas every year), were things that I MYSELF would want. So every single gift I opened up this year, were things on my wifes list. Things I could care less about. So, in essence, my wife got a ton of gifts, and I got literally nothing from my mom for christmas. My wife feels pretty bad and kept saying she was sorry, but it's not her fault at all >< At least SHE got me things I was interested in, LOL.

edit: And, this post is officially negated, lol. Apparently, my mom, in her advanced age of 73, forgot she stuck MY presents in her sock drawer >< She woke up this morning, went to get a pair of socks, and was like "Huh, well that's why he asked why I didn't get him any games. There all in here still". So, i got Final Fantasy Dissidia 012(DuoDecim), Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation, AND Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword! Woot! Woot! and Double Woot!

Dragon Star
2011-12-25, 05:26 PM
I got an iPhone. Other stuff too, but I barely noticed anything other then the iPhone.

Geigan
2011-12-25, 08:38 PM
Well I got 4 presents this year. Only two of them came on the 25th itself though. The first was a feast me and my parents cooked up, with the whole works. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, yams, etc. Traditional, but entirely homemade so it is delicious and likely to keep us entirely fed with leftovers for at least a week.

The second present on Xmas day was a $50 donation to Child's Play for my copy of Legend (http://www.ruleofcool.com/). Been meaning to get this for awhile now, but this way I still get it for free and still get to assure a decent amount for charity. The best charity donations can be the ones you get others to make.:smallbiggrin:

As for the other 2, I bought AC:Revelations and Skyrim a couple weeks ago and have had ample time to play them. This was enough of a present for me.:smallsmile:

Sholos
2011-12-25, 08:53 PM
I got Super Munchkin as well as Unnatural Axe and Clown Wars. Also the collectors edition of Arkham City. I also got a book full of useless information.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-12-25, 09:23 PM
reposted from FB

Pretty nice haul on my account. I love Christmas, the food, the music, yaaay :D
A beer called Bah Humbug,
two pairs of Sexy Bastard boxer-briefs,
a big mug shaped like a skull,
a really nice licorice,
some "Last Supper" after-dinner mints,
a pink opal,
the album You're a Woman, I'm a Machine by Death From Above 1979,
a Blackberry,
a small little goth pony thing,
Skyrim,
Battlefield 3,
some new earphones and an earphone holder,
an edition of Uncut magazine,
a new version of the Kingdoms expansion for Medieval II:Total War, because I lost the last one,
an Uncut magazine, a music magazine,
sponge toffee
and a history book called "Vanished Kingdom: The History of Half-Forgotten Europe", by Norman Davies.
And the usual candies, candy-canes, etc.

Oh, I also got... $50 bucks and a $25 buck iTunes giftcard for Channukah, from my Jewish side.

Edit: And this new avatar, which I just need to resize :D

Bhu
2011-12-25, 09:31 PM
a tee shirt, a dead friend, abusive family, and soul crushing despair is apparently what I'll be getting

CoffeeIncluded
2011-12-25, 09:32 PM
Ugh, Starbuck I'm sorry to hear that.

I got $200 for Hanukkah, and some earbuds that I needed since my old ones broke.

arguskos
2011-12-25, 09:34 PM
a tee shirt, a dead friend, abusive family, and soul crushing despair is apparently what I'll be getting
Ouch man. *brohug* Hey, at least ya got a shirt, right? /looksforthesilverlining,issadhehasto

Renegade Paladin
2011-12-26, 12:13 AM
My loot consists of a $25 gift card to Papa John's, a $25 gift card to Red Lobster, a book on Nordic baking, hobnails for my winter boots, a copy of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and CANDY!!1! :smallbiggrin:

Juggling Goth
2011-12-26, 12:22 PM
My bird is not fond of the new puppet.

Eeeeee! You have a parrot! Parrots are awesome!

Pets don't like giant plushy versions of themselves. My parents' cats fear and hate my Garfield slippers.

On-topic:

My family do the practical thing where we all buy what we want and give it to someone to give to us. They weren't overjoyed to find out they're giving me wood, galvanised wire mesh, tarpaulins, compost and sand, but they accept my oddness. And my chickens are gonna love their awesome new run.

And I got one of my childhood (well, late-teenager-hood) pets not being dead. We had a scare on the 23rd, but he seems to be recovering.

Big hugs to Starbuck II and Bhu.

Remmirath
2011-12-26, 12:41 PM
Well, first off, I'm typing this on my new laptop (a MacBook Pro) - that was certainly the biggest one this year. My old laptop was on its last legs, so it's definitely welcome.

Other than that... second thing that comes to mind is my awesome new longsword. I love that thing. :smallbiggrin: Couldn't resist going outside and cutting a few things up in the backyard right off the bat.

Then I got one CD (Traumtaenzer - Schandmaul); two sword stands, one for my new sword and one for an older one that had no good place to be put; a gel rest for my keyboard; some clothing; more candy than I would strictly like (it's good, but I'm really slow at eating the stuff); $200; some Amazon.com gift certificates; the first collected volume of TMNT comics; an art book; and a couple of miscellaneous shiny trinkets in the stocking.

I celebrated a week early with one parent, on Christmas day with the other, and tomorrow we go to my oma and opa's house. So, that may not be everything. I don't know. I'm quite happy either way, as it was a good day, a good haul, and I also gave other people a bunch of stuff (which I enjoy just about as much as getting stuff).

The only weird thing is that it's Michigan and there's still no snow on the ground. I can't remember that ever happening before at this time of year.

Bhu and Starbuck_II - :smallfrown: I hope things look uphill for you guys soon.

thubby
2011-12-26, 12:48 PM
a gigaware mp3 players to replace my old one.
some hoodies (i <3 me some hoodies)
thermal underwear
2 nice pairs of gloves (one leather for normal stuff, one made from w/e they make gloves from for shoveling and work)

oh, and skyrim :smallbiggrin:

Kneenibble
2011-12-26, 12:49 PM

Add at least one feathery Internet hug to that bilious list, sweet Bhu. And as many more as you will let me give.

Unto also Starbuck_II.

a pink opal,

Suppose I gave you this roasted newt: would you post a picture of the opal? I've never seen a pink one. Is it loose or set in some bauble?

Bhu
2011-12-26, 05:10 PM
Hugs back to all. Been a crappy year, and hugs mean more than anything else to me right now.

Starbuck II: a few gift ideas for you to make point next year

http://www.amazon.com/cub-Gift-of-Nothing/dp/B002J8VDXE/?tag=oddee-20

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/coal-gum

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/drinks/d60c/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2413150

http://www.danielsbook.org/care4less/

Glass Mouse
2011-12-26, 09:17 PM
Holy gemoley, have a lot of people gotten Skyrim this year! XD

Bhu: *hugs* Sorry it's been a ****ty year.

My own loot consists of:
- the equivalent of 75$, to go towards a new phone.
- a Dalai Llama book.
- a cooking book (thanks, grandma... :smallconfused:)
- a trip to the movies with my brothers and boyfriend.
- Civilization V.
- two old-ish movies.
- candy.

All in all a fine collection of loot :smallbiggrin: (except the cooking book, which was literally accompanied by the words, "You don't really care for cooking, right? ... Well, you HAVE to learn some day.")

Bhu
2011-12-26, 09:21 PM
the cook book will come in handier than you think if its right one

Renegade Paladin
2011-12-26, 09:22 PM
- a cooking book (thanks, grandma... :smallconfused:)
I don't blame her in the least. Cooking is an essential life skill, one worth thousands of dollars or more a year over not having it, depending on exactly how you would compensate for not having it.

Glass Mouse
2011-12-26, 09:30 PM
the cook book will come in handier than you think if its right one

Yeah. I'm just annoyed (and a little hurt) by her blatant and continous attempts to mold me into her. I know it's a tiny problem in the big scheme of things, but oh well. At least it is a good cooking book :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-12-27, 12:23 AM
*Hugs* I'm so sorry, Bhu.

Starbuck_II
2011-12-27, 01:22 AM
Thx for the hugz.
Sadly Amazon says it is out of stock of nothing.

oh, and skyrim :smallbiggrin:

Got this for my brother, I've been playing it. Still level 9, opening a master chest took 8 reloads with 5 lock picks.

Lord Raziere
2011-12-27, 02:17 AM
I got….

The Good:

7 novels.

three are urban fantasy

one is a warrior cats book

one ciaphas cain book (Death or Glory….the only one I haven't had already! finally!)

and the last two are normal classic fantasy

Pokemon White

a flashlight

and three Scion core books, Hero, Demigod and God! I've read them, and I already like Scion more than Exalted!

The bad:

more acme facewash…..sigh….

three chocolate bars that I tried and hated. :smallyuk: all were dark chocolate, how many times do I have to tell my family that I hate things like dark chocolate, turkey and mint?

some weird chocolate-peanut butter spread thing :smallconfused: why do I have a bad feeling that this will taste bad too?

Alarra
2011-12-27, 03:32 AM
*hugs for Bhu*

Let's see...
My big present which I am overjoyed with is a new digital camera.
I also got:
a coat
2 blankets
clothes
a handful of dvds (mostly out of the $2 black friday bin)
several books
flashlights, a toothbrush, other various silly things, ie. a mitt for dusting, a pair of gloves, chapstick, dishtowels, etc
slippers
a necklace
a bunch of candy
a giftcard
and supposedly skyrim though my mother hasn't gotten it yet, but she says she's going to tomorrow.

and many adorable videos of Pudding troll opening all of his presents of which there were waaaay waaay too many.

KenderWizard
2011-12-27, 10:03 AM
This year, Santa got me;
an amazing cuddly fleecy warm cape
a smallish black satchel
an awesome necklace - it spells GaMEr in elements, but since there's no real element M, that one's mithril with made-up atomic weight :smallbiggrin:
a skirt and a shirt (that can be fastened with cufflinks, yay!)
books, including How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran, which is fantastic (I haven't started reading the others yet)
chocolate
a Lego geisha with a Lego katana, a Lego sniper rifle and a Lego pistol
100 euro towards a new phone (I'm getting an Android! :smallsmile:)

From other people, I got;
some more money
season 2 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya
a necklace
an umbrella
a Christmas-themed make and do kit, sweets and a bottle of ketchup (from a Secret Santa)
a cool avatar (from the Playground Secret Santa)

I'm going to get a couple more small things from the family members I haven't seen yet, and something else from my partner (who got me the DVD) when he gets home from visiting his family.

SilverSheriff
2011-12-27, 11:06 AM
To Me:

Travel Mug.:smallbiggrin:
A box of groceries for cooking.:smallbiggrin:
Underwear.
A Copy of Assassin's Creed: Revelations (which makes this the second copy I have, since I bought it when it came out).
Acute Viral Rhinopharyngitis (from work).
Milk Chocolate. :smallyuk:

To others:

10-15 hours worth of DVDs to everyone, each.
DVD player for Dad, since I haven't had the time to check why the sound isn't working on his laptop.
Not-deliberate Heartbreak to my sister and her boyfriend when they found out I already owned a copy of Assassin's Creed: Revelations (they take this Giftmas thing a little too seriously). :smallsigh:
Also, some of the people I care about also have a case of the Cold.:smallfrown:

To Me, From Me:

Black Socks
Black Business Pants
Tee shirts
Dice
Pathfinder Books
Bamboo Steamer (everyone keeps using it without my permission and not cleaning it, gonna need a new one if mold starts growing despite my best cleaning efforts (a hard scrubbing with Steel Wool)):smallmad:
Conan the Barbarian (2011)
Dexter Box Sets.

Still getting more gifts for other people I won't see until the new year, figured my wallet didn't need to be any lighter until after my next paycheck comes through.:smalltongue:

Caesar
2011-12-27, 02:17 PM
Im getting a delayed christmas present in a couple weeks: a bouncing baby boy. Looking forward with fingers crossed, you can just keep your ipads. :smallbiggrin:

Bhu
2011-12-27, 03:53 PM
Thx for the hugz.
Sadly Amazon says it is out of stock of nothing.

They only stock it about xmas time. Just in time for your relatives next year.

Failing that I think the coal gum would make da point :belkar:

Asta Kask
2011-12-27, 04:07 PM
Ugh, Starbuck I'm sorry to hear that.

I got $200 for Hanukkah, and some earbuds that I needed since my old ones broke.

Yes, but when are you getting a cat?

Cats are awesome.

KenderWizard
2011-12-27, 07:59 PM
Im getting a delayed christmas present in a couple weeks: a bouncing baby boy. Looking forward with fingers crossed, you can just keep your ipads. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, congratulations!

Dire Moose
2011-12-27, 09:56 PM
Santa brought me the following:

Some new prehistoric animal figures for my ever-growing collection
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
A pair of new swimsuits
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Juggling Goth
2011-12-28, 02:39 AM

Aw, congrats.

grimbold
2011-12-28, 07:10 AM

OH
MY
GOD

*nerdgasm*

Glass Mouse
2011-12-28, 05:07 PM

Thread won. Also, congrats :smallsmile:

Bhu
2011-12-28, 08:48 PM
Just got some late xmas pwesnets from my boss. Archer season 2, and the Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore.

Bestest boss evah :smallsmile:

SilverSheriff
2011-12-29, 01:33 AM
OH
MY
GOD

*nerdgasm*

Yeah, they are pretty cool.:smallbiggrin:

Sneak
2011-12-29, 02:40 AM
From family and friends, to yours truly:

A couple of T-shirts. A pair of headphones. Two nice scarves to keep my delicate neck warm and to up my hipster cred.

From yours truly (partially financed by family), to yours truly:

Lots and lots of records. Some used, some new. Yes, that's vinyl, because I'm an insufferable snob.

Lists ahoy!

Tune-Yards - Whokill
Real Estate - Days
Atlas Sound - Parallax
Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
Cults - Cults
DJ Shadow - ...Endtroducing
The People's Temple - Sons of Stone
Alex Bleeker and the Freaks - Alex Bleeker and the Freaks
Panda Bear - Tomboy
Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica
Tamaryn - The Waves
Times New Viking - Dancer Equired!
Youth Lagoon - The Year of Hibernation
High Places - High Places vs. Mankind
The Olivia Tremor Control - Music from the Unrealized Film Script, Dusk at Cubist Castle
The Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage
Handel - Water Music, the Telemann Society Orchestra
Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, The Vienna Philharmonic
Beethoven - Symphony No. 7, Toscanini and the NBC Symphony Orchestra
Break Beats 11
J.S. Bach - Concerto in a minor, sonata in e minor, concerto in e major, sonata in g minor
Ornette Coleman - The Best of Ornette Coleman
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Four Tet - DJ-Kicks
Toots and the Maytals - In the Dark
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
J.S. Bach - Brandenburg Concertos, Chamber Orchestra of the Saar
Beethoven - Archduke Trio, the Suk Trio
Alice Coltrane - Ptah, the El Daoud
Porno Groove Vol. 2, a picture disc with funk from adult films from the 70s

And my personal favorite...

Temple City Kazoo Orchestra - Some Kazoos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeXcBs9TMEM)

TDB Lady
2011-12-30, 08:21 AM
For my fiber art stuff: a frame extension for my silk painting, clips for working on quilt binding, a really cool pin cushion/tool holder for by my sewing machine, 5 books on techniques and designing.

For the nerdy part of my: Two shared gifts for my husband and myself:
a Nook color - pure awesome, we are crazy about our books - and immediately loaded a bunch from Project Gutenberg.

a pair of radio controlled little helicopters that shoot at each other (infrared) - way too much fun

From my kids on the bus (I'm a bus aid for handicapped kids): candy, cookies, a candle, a movie gift card and a restaurant gift card

From mom for my allergic dog: homemade dog treats made with rice flour so he could eat them - sometimes moms can be the best!:smallsmile: