PDA

View Full Version : The Nemesis Vs The Terminator

Mixt
2011-12-25, 08:21 AM
So we have the Nemesis from Resident Evil 3, and the Terminator, both being sent after the same target (Let's use the T-1000, just to make it fair)

While pursuing the target, they come across each other.
Now, since they are both instructed to eliminate anything that get's between them and the target, this results in them trying to destroy each other.

The big question here is, which one is still standing at the end of it?

I mean, considering what the Nemesis goes through during the course of the game i don't think being made of liquid metal gives the Terminator THAT much of an advantage.

Because seriously, some of the things you can do to it involves: blown up by means of canisters of explosive gas being set on fire while it's standing like three feet away, has it's own rocket launcher blow up in it's face, knocked out in the middle of a fire, electrocuted, tossed off a moving train by means of grenade, dismemberment, decapitation, covered in industrial waste acid, dumped into a garbage compressor...Nope, Nemesis is still coming.

Shot with a giant Railgun/Plasma cannon thing?
Damn thing is still dragging itself across the ground and STILL trying to kill you.

On the other hand, The Terminator regenerated from being shattered into hundreds of pieces by means of liquid nitrogen, though it was in pretty poor condition afterwards (Glitchy)

So, what happens when the two cross paths?
Which is deadlier, flesh or metal?
Either way, it's a bad day to be a random bystander.

Traab
2011-12-25, 08:27 AM
I dont think the Nemesis has the means to finish off the t-1000. It took a smelting pot full of molten metal of some sort just to finally finish him off. (And I honestly dont understand that, is the evaporation point of this futuristic metal really that low? He turns to liquid by CHOICE, so melting him seems pointless) So unless this takes place in an active foundry, I dont see Nemesis winning. Eventually he will run out of rockets and bullets and itll go hand to hand, eventually he will then be cut into enough pieces to shut him down while the terminator repairs everything done to him.

Radar
2011-12-25, 09:54 AM
I dont think the Nemesis has the means to finish off the t-1000. It took a smelting pot full of molten metal of some sort just to finally finish him off. (And I honestly dont understand that, is the evaporation point of this futuristic metal really that low? He turns to liquid by CHOICE, so melting him seems pointless) So unless this takes place in an active foundry, I dont see Nemesis winning. Eventually he will run out of rockets and bullets and itll go hand to hand, eventually he will then be cut into enough pieces to shut him down while the terminator repairs everything done to him.
T-1000 does turn into liquid at will, but it doesn't mean, he has no structure at all - you don't have to evaporate the material to destroy those tiny little mechanisms, that shape and control T-1000. Even if he was just an uniform slab of living metal, then this unique alloy can be destroyed by mixing with other metals at high temperature way before it evaporates.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-25, 10:49 AM
The answer is Werewolf Queen. It's always Werewolf Queen!:smallwink: :smalltongue:

Or in this case the guy made of metal that can grow sword arms.

Surrealistik
2011-12-27, 03:02 PM
Yeah, the T-1000 is comprised of tiny nanomachines working together as a collective hive intelligence; getting totally melted down and adulterated with steel will most certainly destroy it.

I don't think this fight is even a contest to be honest, unless Nemesis is packing a lot of thermite. Even without firearms, the T-1000 will ultimately regenerate from everything thrown at him and tirelessly hack Nemesis apart.

Zen Monkey
2011-12-28, 01:07 PM
Both have a tendency to suddenly sprout an extra appendage when you're not expecting it. The T1000 wins on durability, since the Nemesis is mostly designed to kill living things.

Nemesis vs. T800 is more fair, and harder to decide. Both start at a certain point of 'health,' and then only decline instead of getting to reset at full. The Nemesis can mutate in response to damage, the T800 can reroute to backup power. The T800 models are probably more tactically sound, but a severe wound to the Nemesis/Tyrant/Mr. X type of enemies sometimes just results in a new tentacle or eye or something else filling the gap.

Traab
2011-12-28, 09:53 PM
Both have a tendency to suddenly sprout an extra appendage when you're not expecting it. The T1000 wins on durability, since the Nemesis is mostly designed to kill living things.

Nemesis vs. T800 is more fair, and harder to decide. Both start at a certain point of 'health,' and then only decline instead of getting to reset at full. The Nemesis can mutate in response to damage, the T800 can reroute to backup power. The T800 models are probably more tactically sound, but a severe wound to the Nemesis/Tyrant/Mr. X type of enemies sometimes just results in a new tentacle or eye or something else filling the gap.

I dunno, I mean, the t-800 we saw in terminator 1 was your standard run of the mill killing machine. I dont recall much thinking being done past tearing the page out of a phone book with all sarah conners in it and killing them all. I think it would likely stride towards nemesis, firing off whatever weapon it had, and nemesis would do the same, but robo boy would likely die first unless he had some sort of armament advantage. I mean, the nemesis in the second resident evil movie had a rocket launcher and a minigun. That would have torn him to bits.

grolim
2011-12-28, 10:32 PM
Maybe, but in the movies it DID appear to scan the people that were in front of it and their weapons. Maybe it just walked up was because it knew handguns and shotguns were ineffective against it and the time saved by that was more valuable. It went to the gun store and the stuff it WANTED and knew would be powerful isn't invented yet. It had a good look at the armament of the day and wasn't impressed.
The only things that really worked on it to any degree were explosives, not bullets. So if it saw something with a rocket launcher or a full on mini-gun it might duck a lot more.

Traab
2011-12-28, 10:38 PM
Maybe, but in the movies it DID appear to scan the people that were in front of it and their weapons. Maybe it just walked up was because it knew handguns and shotguns were ineffective against it and the time saved by that was more valuable. It went to the gun store and the stuff it WANTED and knew would be powerful isn't invented yet. It had a good look at the armament of the day and wasn't impressed.
The only things that really worked on it to any degree were explosives, not bullets. So if it saw something with a rocket launcher or a full on mini-gun it might duck a lot more.

True, even in T-2, he took all that small round fire to the back from the other guys cop pistol and he ignored it. He only had john remove the bullets so his skin would heal back up faster. Its hard to judge for sure really. Like you said, he never faced anything besides plastic explosives that could really damage him, and even then the way they were used didnt make it clear if he would have dodged. I mean, he swerved his truck to avoid them, but that was more to protect the truck so he wouldnt be left behind again imo.

hamishspence
2011-12-29, 09:31 AM
Yeah, the T-1000 is comprised of tiny nanomachines working together as a collective hive intelligence; getting totally melted down and adulterated with steel will most certainly destroy it.

Isn't that fan-theory (albeit a very good one) rather than Word of Author?

RandomNPC
2011-12-29, 04:04 PM
Isn't that fan-theory (albeit a very good one) rather than Word of Author?

It may or may not be, I'm not 100%, but it's what I thought when the conversation started, the most scientifically sound T-1000 would be a nano swarm, with the only restriction being that they stay in one mass as best as they can.

hamishspence
2011-12-29, 04:15 PM
I'm inclined to think some kind of nano-swarm to manipulate the "liquid metal" makes more sense as well.

KingofMadCows
2011-12-29, 11:32 PM
I don't think there is an established canon in Terminator. Cameron hasn't been involved in the franchise for a long time and it's switched hands so often that pretty much anything goes. Heck, even when Cameron was involved, whoever owned the franchise, I believe it was Orion, allowed a lot of licensed crap. I remember reading a Terminator comic written before T2 that made John Connor look like a Confederate General.

Killer Angel
2011-12-30, 03:26 AM
Nemesis vs. T800 is more fair, and harder to decide.

Not if the T800 is Arnie's model... :smallcool: