PDA

View Full Version : Wild Shape and SU/EX abilities

HiddenLineage
2011-12-25, 06:40 PM
Can a Druid use their racial SU(Say a Breath Weapon) or EX abilities while Wild Shaped?

Perryy
2011-12-25, 10:27 PM
To use an SU ability in wildshape you would need the feat Assume Supernatural Ability from Savage Species.

And for EX abilities (i.e. scent and blind-sense) I believe a few levels of Master of Many Forms (Complete Adventurer) will net you that benefit.

rmg22893
2011-12-25, 10:35 PM
To use an SU ability in wildshape you would need the feat Assume Supernatural Ability from Savage Species.

And for EX abilities (i.e. scent and blind-sense) I believe a few levels of Master of Many Forms (Complete Adventurer) will net you that benefit.

I believe the OP means using the druid's racial abilities whilst wildshaped, not the form's abilities.

ShriekingDrake
2011-12-25, 11:21 PM
Exalted Wild Shape will let you use EX and SU abilities of the animals you wild shape into. Dragon Wild Shape will let you use EX and SU abilities of the dragons you wild shape into. At 16th level, the Wild Shape ability will let you use EX, SU, and spell-like abilities of the elementals you wild shape into. The enhance wild shape spell will let you get the Ex abilities of creatures you wild shape into.

Psyren
2011-12-26, 12:45 AM
I thought I'd actually answer the OP's question.

OP: In general the answer is yes, you keep supernatural abilities. However, breath weapons and gaze attacks are specifically prohibited.

Details:

Wild Shape:

This ability functions like the alternate form special ability...

Alternate form:

The creature retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its new form.

For Ex abilities: you lose Ex special attacks from your original form, but other Ex abilities are kept. This is what allows you, for example, to not lose your animal companion everytime you wild shape.

ShriekingDrake
2011-12-26, 02:45 PM
Sorry, OP, I was not reading carefully enough.