PDA

View Full Version : Ignore this thread

UndeadCleric
2011-12-26, 12:27 AM
Nevermind, I got it.

Little Brother
2011-12-26, 12:30 AM
Get your grubs on Aberrant Wildshape. With your 5 HD, you can Wildshape into a Red Ethergaunt, for 9th-level wizard casting.

Mystic Muse
2011-12-26, 12:35 AM
Im participating in a campaign that is core only, 5th level. Im used to making higher level characters, with more books available so Im slightly stuck here.
I would like the playgrounds help in coming up with the best wildshapes available to me.

In order to give you the best wildshape forms, we need to know what you expect to be doing. A raven wouldn't be particularly well suited to combat for example, but might be good at scouting.

Get your grubs on Aberrant Wildshape. With your 5 HD, you can Wildshape into a Red Ethergaunt, for 9th-level wizard casting.

Core only. No aberrant wildshape and no Ethergaunts.

Gavinfoxx
2011-12-26, 12:40 AM

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1354.0

At level 5? Baboon, Crocodile, Leopard, Eagle, Squid, Medium Shark, Riding Dog....

UndeadCleric
2011-12-26, 12:57 AM

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1354.0

At level 5? Baboon, Crocodile, Leopard, Eagle, Squid, Medium Shark, Riding Dog....

Not really helpful... There are many more possibilities than that.

In order to give you the best wildshape forms, we need to know what you expect to be doing. A raven wouldn't be particularly well suited to combat for example, but might be good at scouting.

Everything: Combat, scouting, aerial, defensive, etc. Each form wouldnt include all of them but I would like at least one recommended form for all types.

Gavinfoxx
2011-12-26, 03:00 AM
Well at "Level 5" and "Core", you are limited to mostly those, you know? Medium or small animals... the list DOES talk about the good core options; a good core option comes along at level eight..

Oh yes, I forgot Deinonychus. I believe that is in core and you can get that at level five...

At level eight, some good stuff comes online: Brown Bear, Polar Bear, Megaraptor, Rhinoceros, Dire Lion, Dire Bat, Giant Octopus, Large Shark, Dire Wolf, Heavy Warhorse...

Leon
2011-12-26, 03:19 AM
Not really helpful... There are many more possibilities than that.

Everything: Combat, scouting, aerial, defensive, etc. Each form wouldnt include all of them but I would like at least one recommended form for all types.

In Core at that level its the best of them. Overall a Suggested form is best tried by you and decided on by you if its actually good for the role you want it to perform.