PDA

View Full Version : Finishing off a Lockdown build.

NOhara24
2011-12-26, 10:08 AM
Hey all, I'm playing in a game right now, and we're currently level 12. I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering what my last few levels should be in. Currently:

Human Paladin 4/Crusader 2/RKV 6

-Stand Still
-EWP: Fullblade (It's the next size up, so 3d8 ftw.)
-Extra Granted Maneuver
-Combat Reflexes
-Battle Blessing
-Robilar's Gambit
-Defensive sweep @ 15
-Overwhelming Assault @ 18

After finishing RKV (because the capstone special ability is actually worth getting.) I was thinking about finishing out by taking my last 5 levels in Crusader just to buff the Delayed Damage Pool and get Zealous Surge. Smite is fun too.

But, I also don't know what else is out there. Obviously taking my last levels in Paladin wouldn't really make much sense, because RKV advanced the "spellcasting" abilities of the paladin part. Full BAB is a must, namely because when I want someone to Stand Still it's to hold them in place of our DMM cleric's wrath.

Ideas please?

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-12-26, 10:28 PM
That isn't a lockdown build... it's fun, but it doesn't lockdown very well. Spiked Chain + Improved Trip + Thicket of Blades + Expansion... now that's a lockdown build.

NOhara24
2011-12-27, 12:22 PM
That isn't a lockdown build... it's fun, but it doesn't lockdown very well. Spiked Chain + Improved Trip + Thicket of Blades + Expansion... now that's a lockdown build.

Do you think I haven't already thought of the most common lockdown build on the face of the planet?

DM didn't take kindly to it, only reason I'm not using it. Between that and I like to actually do more damage than 2d4 per attack...Stand Still is more effective when you do 3d8 vs. 2d4...