PDA

View Full Version : Fail... at... builds. Update on the Dancing Bard of Death

missmvicious
2011-12-26, 02:53 PM
I tried to build that Bard I posted about last week. The program I used wouldn't let me build him, so I tried doing it on paper... something I haven't done since I built my very first character, and it was a mess. I didn't understand the skill limits with all the multi-classing, which HD to use, what his GP was; the list goes on. Bottom line... I had to scrap the build.

I printed the build notes, generously provided by Douglas, rolled it up and decorated it like a scroll, put a ribbon on it, and stuffed it in his stocking. He was thrilled by it, but equally unsure how to build it. Still, he's smarter than me, it would seem, and figured out a solution right away. He's going to ask our Crusader friend for help on building it, since that guy has forgotten more about RAW than all the rest of our combined minds (talking about our D&D circle, not the Playground) have learned. He said he's actually glad that I didn't build it for him, because that's part of the fun! :smallbiggrin:

So... update-wise, I'd say the Christmas gift was a success! Thanks, Playground, for working so hard to help me give him exactly what he wanted for Christmas! Several of you had incredible build suggestions, and I appreciated all of you who tried to keep it simple for a rookie builder. I know I was asking to bite off more than I could chew, and you all worked together to help me through it, anyway.

I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as mine, and you have a great New Year. :smallsmile: