PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a name for my webcomic!

Glass Mouse
2011-12-26, 06:09 PM
Hi guys! I recently discontinued my very first webcomic, and I've been working on a new one ever since. I've got characters, some plot, a setting, a tone, a genre, pretty much everything... but I'm stuck on the name.
It'll be a comedy work about a group of hapless villains, and it's heavily inspired by TVtropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage). If it helps, a (non-canon) sample is here (http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/360/7/c/vv_christmas_by_glassmouse89-d4kaxtu.jpg).

My current favourite is:
Villainous Viles

Other ideas are:
Evil Cookies
One Shot Villain
Designated Villains
Villains Suck

But I don't know. What would you pick up?

Thanks a lot in advance! :smallsmile:

Dark Elf Bard
2011-12-26, 06:13 PM
I like Evil Cookies, but I definitely think that the title should be Barbaric Succubus.

Mutant Sheep
2011-12-26, 06:23 PM
Villainous Viles seems pretty fitting, at least for the example comic. (which was funny and drawn well, by the way.:smallsmile:) But an actual Trope-ish sounding name would be good for what it seems like you want it to be. I'd probably go for Designated Villains if its going to be more trope-ic. *chuckles about his yellow tie*

Glass Mouse
2012-01-02, 02:00 PM
So sorry about the lateness, but the forums decided to do backup the moment I wanted to answer, just before leaving the internet for some days.

I like Evil Cookies, but I definitely think that the title should be Barbaric Succubus.

Haha, I'll keep that in mind if I ever do a comic where it fits better :smallwink: Thanks for the input!

Villainous Viles seems pretty fitting, at least for the example comic. (which was funny and drawn well, by the way.:smallsmile:) But an actual Trope-ish sounding name would be good for what it seems like you want it to be. I'd probably go for Designated Villains if its going to be more trope-ic. *chuckles about his yellow tie*

Thanks for input and kind words :3

It'll probably be less romance-focused than the example comic, but the problem is, I don't really know what it'll turn into in the long run (except hopefully running on tropes). I'm mostly trying for catchy.

Rawhide
2012-01-02, 02:12 PM
If they are hapless villains, how about Glass Villians?

Glass = fragile. To have a glass jaw means that your jaw is highly susceptible to even a light blow (dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/glass+jaw)).
Glass = transparent. Their motives are transparent.
Glass Mouse = Author. 'Nuff said.

Tyriont
2012-01-02, 02:14 PM
Given the "running on tropes" and hapless themes you've mentioned, "Genre Unsavvy" springs to mind.

Of the ones already suggested, I like Villainous Viles. Alliteration tends to aid memorization, so it'll help people remember your comic's name.

Dr. Roboto
2012-01-02, 02:37 PM
If the comic is trope-heavy, I'd suggest Designated Villians, or Genre Unsavvy. Really, both give a more specific image than the more generic "Villainous Viles," which really just states that the comic focuses on villains.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-02, 02:40 PM
I kind of like One Shot Villains. However, you could just go (for lack of a better word) lazy and pick the name of the protagonist or name of the group/league of baddies as the name of the comic.

Glass Mouse
2012-01-05, 11:41 PM
Thanks a lot for the votes and ideas, guys! "Genre Unsavvy" has made it to my personal top three, but I'm glad "Villainous Viles" has a few votes as well. Hmm.

There's something cool about "Glass Villains", but I'm not entirely sold. Gonna think it over.

Thanks again! :smallsmile:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-01-05, 11:49 PM
I like Genre Unsavvy as well.

The Succubus
2012-01-06, 03:14 AM
Hmmm, how does Evil Schemes sound?

Savannah
2012-01-06, 04:59 AM
I'd go with Genre Unsavvy, personally, based on the fact that I really, really want to read something called that now...

Starwulf
2012-01-06, 06:17 AM
I'm a fan of Glass Villains myself.

Dark Elf Bard
2012-01-07, 12:35 AM
Genre Unsavvy has my vote