PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Geomancer and Acorn of Far Travel

rmg22893
2011-12-27, 11:55 AM
If I get Ley Lines +3 (forest) and use Acorn of Far Travel, will I always have the +3 caster level, regardless of what actual terrain I'm in?

FearlessGnome
2011-12-27, 12:01 PM
This is so. It's convenient, but not game breaking. I'm using it in a campaign right now, and it's a nice little bonus.

(Once you have the acorn, however, there is little to stop you from using other spells and items that give bonuses in natural environments/forests. Delicious Hide bonuses with some wildshape forms, for example), so I'd start gently and only use the acorn for a caster level increase.

rmg22893
2011-12-27, 12:04 PM
This is so. It's convenient, but not game breaking. I'm using it in a campaign right now, and it's a nice little bonus.

(Once you have the acorn, however, there is little to stop you from using other spells and items that give bonuses in natural environments/forests. Delicious Hide bonuses with some wildshape forms, for example), so I'd start gently and only use the acorn for a caster level increase.

The acorn is consumed if you add bonuses to a spell though, no?

FearlessGnome
2011-12-27, 12:33 PM
Nope. If you're only taking advantage of the fact that you are effectively in a forest, the caster levels are free.