PDA

View Full Version : N64 Help

Anuan
2011-12-28, 12:28 AM
So, I've recently purchased an N64 from eBay in full working condition for the ladyfriend (because I am the best manfriend.) It came with AV cords rather than the old-style arial cord I'm used to. Everything seems to be in good condition, it's clean, the controller's brand new, the memory expansion pack seems undamaged, but for some reason we can't get audio or video display. We've tried putting it into the video in source plugs and using the 'search' function on the tv menu, we've tried using the AV channels and AV plugs, but nothing.

So what I've got here, basically, is Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium and no way to play them. The pentup potential nostalgia rush is killing me. Any help, guys?

KerfuffleMach2
2011-12-28, 12:41 AM
If you can, try it on a different TV. That'll at least tell you if it's your TV's fault or not.

If it still doesn't work, I'd see about getting a new cable first. That'd be the cheapest fix. The N64 and the Gamecube share the same AV cord, so that might make it easier to get a hold of one.

Other than that...I can't really think of anything.

Anuan
2011-12-28, 02:13 AM
Thanks, but it's now seeming to be a tv problem. It's not displaying the dvd player either. Strange, as it's worked every day before today. Strange and damn annoying :smallannoyed:

Moonshadow
2011-12-28, 02:36 AM
Have you made sure that you're plugged the cords into AV in, not AV out? It's an easy mistake, I've done it a lot <_<;

LaZodiac
2011-12-28, 03:35 AM
I know it's a little late, but. Pokemo Snap (though not Stadium) is available on the Wii Virtual Console store. Not sure if that helps!

Rawhide
2011-12-28, 04:05 AM
Plug the yellow composite video cable into the TV's yellow composite video in port, then the red and white audio cables into the same audio in channel.

Turn the N64 on. Then, on the TV, switch it to "AV" or "Video", or whatever it uses for video in. You will not find it through the search function, you must switch to AV/Video.

Make sure you are using the yellow video in port and that there are no other colours for video (you are looking for composite video, if it lists a name, not component, which uses three video leads).