PDA

View Full Version : Revenant blade build

Torrim
2011-12-28, 05:41 AM
Hi guys, i'm building a Revenant blade(PgtE)and i have a free +3 for templates.That's what i have done for now:

Half Drow/Draconic Creature/Shadow creature
Ranger 1/Warrior 4/Revenant 5/Dervish 10.
feats:
Warrior + levels => Bladebearer of the Valenar, Weapon Focus, Two weapon fighting; expeditious dodge, mobility, Combat expertise, Resistance, steadfast determination; Improved two weapon fighting, Greater TWF, Improved Initiative
Revenant Blade => Improved Critical, Power Attack, Weapon Specialization
Dervish => Cleave, Great Cleave spring attack

Any suggestions?

DoctorGlock
2011-12-28, 06:17 AM
Warrior? As in the NPC class?

Why not go mystic ranger 5/Revenant 5/Mystic+5/x 5

Now you get the best of all worlds.

Torrim
2011-12-28, 06:19 AM
Warrior? As in the NPC class?

Why not go mystic ranger 5/Revenant 5/Mystic+5/x 5

Now you get the best of all worlds.

Srry i mean fighter :P Where can i find Mystic ranger?

Edit: From dragon magazine right?Then no, me and my friends want to avoid stuff from DM :P What about the build i posted then?

DoctorGlock
2011-12-28, 06:36 AM
Srry i mean fighter :P Where can i find Mystic ranger?

Edit: From dragon magazine right?Then no, me and my friends want to avoid stuff from DM :P What about the build i posted then?

The build you posted is only good at hitting stuff, ideally you want to be capable of more. If you want only "official" 3.5 go with a ToB main class, warblade preferably. I figured since you had ranger in there a better ranger would be a step up and fit in the build, but i wasn't going to say "play a caster"

Ranger could still be done, but the loss of five levels hurt when we are looking at things like shooting star and sword of the arcane order. As such ToB is really melee's salvation. If possible grab some.

Greenish
2011-12-28, 10:44 AM
You don't want Spring Attack on your TWF, it just sucks. Don't bother taking Cleave to get Great Cleave, you can grab the latter from RB's floating feats. There's a cheap magic item in the RB section of the book that gives you an extra floatie, for a total of 4.

Fighter, bleh. Take Ranger 2 for TWF and you don't even need to satisfy the dex requirement.

Dervish is neat, but perhaps not worth the entry, should Pounce be available (barbarian dip or ranger wand, say).

If you don't have access to ToB, I'd go with Ranger2/Barbarian1/Fighter2 entry to RB, then maybe ranger levels to keep TWF feats flowing (without pumping Dex), or something other funny.

With ToB, I'd definitely fit Warblade levels in there, and maybe finish off with Eternal Blade.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-12-28, 11:01 AM
Revenant's Blade Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872270/The_Revenant_Blade_Handbook) for reference

The build I like the best is Ranger 2/Warblade 3/Revanant Blade 5/Eternal Blade 10

Using a Snow Elf to avoid a con penalty.