PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a character build.

Dust
2011-12-28, 03:02 PM
Y'know, I've never really done this before. But I've spent more than a few hours mulling this over and, although I know exactly what I want to do, don't know precisely how to make it work from an optimized standpoint. Your suggestions would save me from tons more wasted time (and let me get back to that homebrewing I really should be doing :smallbiggrin:).

1) We're starting at level 2, headed to 30, doing the Prince of Undeath modules.
2) My race MUST be Revenant (Human). This is due to the fact that my soul has apparently been partially merged with someone named 'Thrullzon,' from the Pyramid of Shadows module. I'm not sure if this has any mechanical implications, but there you go.
3) I'm the fifth member to the party after a brawling fighter, cleric, optimized ranger, and wizard.
4) I'd like to start by using a single Heavy Blade weapon. A shield in the other is fine, as is going into two-weapon fighting later on.
5) I'd like a paragon path or epic destiny that hints at her association with the Raven Queen; she has apparently granted me Immortality. I'd like to reflect that in mechanical terms.
6) I don't really enjoy Sneak Attacks or stealth.
7) Eberron and Forgotten Realms magic items/paragon paths/etc are banned.
8) Finally, I'd like to be able to 'off-tank' and minor in defender.

My first gut instinct was Warlord or Avenger. But with so many variables here it quickly becomes hard to keep track. If you have any ideas at all, please share - I'm dyin' over here!

Drglenn
2011-12-28, 08:39 PM
Epic destiny-wise there's Raven Knight, or if you change your race to shadar-kai there's Raven Consort (both are from dragon magazine).

Paragon paths (and prereqs): Ravenkin (arcane, trained in religion, worship RQ) (Heroes of Shadow), Soul Reaper (divine, worship RQ) (dragon magazine), Raven Herald (Rogue, worship RQ) (martial power)

Class-wise I'd probably suggest bard given the rest of your party and the fact that revenants can get a charisma bonus, you can go for valourous bard (or skald) and be a melee-based character

Vknight
2011-12-28, 08:56 PM
Epic destiny-wise there's Raven Knight, or if you change your race to shadar-kai there's Raven Consort (both are from dragon magazine).

Paragon paths (and prereqs): Ravenkin (arcane, trained in religion, worship RQ) (Heroes of Shadow), Soul Reaper (divine, worship RQ) (dragon magazine), Raven Herald (Rogue, worship RQ) (martial power)

Class-wise I'd probably suggest bard given the rest of your party and the fact that revenants can get a charisma bonus, you can go for valourous bard (or skald) and be a melee-based character

I agree and second all of these.
You could also go Demigod as Epic Tier to show that the power of the Raven Queen has changed you so you become another Death God or something.

The_Pyre
2011-12-28, 10:32 PM
How about an Inferno-lock for your base class? With Con primary, Eldritch Strike, and Armor of Agathys, you can make a pretty good off-tank.

Dust
2011-12-28, 10:49 PM
I hadn't even looked at Skald. That is just about perfect. :smallbiggrin:

The_Pyre
2011-12-28, 11:07 PM
Ah, yes. Valorous Bard or Skald might work better.