PDA

View Full Version : Designing a Force of Nature

Elric VIII
2011-12-28, 07:45 PM
I have thought of a character that I will use as a BBEG in an upcoming compaign and I would like to translate it into an actual build for a PC.

The NPC version is a Savage Species Treant 6/Druid 6 with the Druidic Avenger and Deadly Hunter ACFs. Now, this is not actually a good or legal build for a PC.

So, I would like to know:

Aside from Landforged Walker, is there a way to play a Treant/plant character with no LA?

Is there a way to cast while raging (divine Rage Mage, etc)?

sreservoir
2011-12-28, 08:10 PM
Aside from Landforged Walker, is there a way to play a Treant/plant character with no LA?

psionic sandwich yourself into a tree, and liveoak yourself?

or, really, just psionic sandwich yourself into a treant?

gkathellar
2011-12-29, 07:09 AM
Be a druid, stay in treant form at all times.

Runestar
2011-12-29, 07:50 AM
Unapproachable east has the volodni, a race with plant traits.

Alternatively, simply play a treant, stack on druid levels, and declare them non-associated. :smallamused:

What's your NPC about, again?

Elric VIII
2011-12-29, 10:27 AM
Unapproachable east has the volodni, a race with plant traits.

Well, while the +2 LA is kind of harsh for a low level game, I actually think it is a better fit than Treant for my NPC. Is there a good way to et him to Large size, without just declaring it so?

What's your NPC about, again?

I'm hosting a campaign in a Dying Earth-style setting and this NPC is meant to be the last defender of nature in a barren world. He will be taking Favored Enemy for Aberrations and various humanoids found in the wastelands that threaten his forest. I don't feel that wildshape fits the character too much, plus I don't really like it, so that's why the two ACFs are being used.

Yora
2011-12-29, 10:29 AM
LA matters only for gaining XP and NPCs don't get any XP. They just have the level you chose for them.

Elric VIII
2011-12-29, 10:30 AM
LA matters only for gaining XP and NPCs don't get any XP. They just have the level you chose for them.

I was a little vague, I meant for the PC version I'm trying to create, not the NPC.