PDA

View Full Version : As much power as you can fit in 20 levels

Acanous
2011-12-29, 03:42 AM
So a while back I saw a build here on the forums that was lv 20, with 17 prestige classes and ended up with 9th arcane, 9th divine, 8th psionic and 5th initiator powers. Upon cursory search I can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know what it was? If not, who can think up a way to get as many different, high-level abilities as possible with prestige cheese?

sonofzeal
2011-12-29, 05:17 AM
Umm.... I'm pretty sure at least some of your numbers are off there. While results like this are possible, taking so many PrCs is actually quite detrimental. Also, any level 16+ character can take a single level of a Martial Adept class and gain 5th lvl Maneuvers. Heck, any character's 18th lvl feat slot can grab them a 5th lvl Maneuver if they meet the other requirements for it. That's not really something to be proud of.

Acanous
2011-12-29, 05:45 AM
I realise that the character would be very difficult to play, and it's really more that I used to have it bookmarked and now can't find it that drove me to ask.
That, and one of my players heard about it and wants to give it a go from level 2, which really shouldn't be a problem XD

I do recall that it included Mystic Theurge, Ur-Priest and Sublime Chord. Just can't remember how it was all done :/

motoko's ghost
2011-12-29, 05:57 AM
Try this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226479)It should have that sort of thing.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-12-29, 06:03 AM
The build in question is I want to say Olo Demonsbane's work in one of the Iron Chef Optimization challenges, which used gestalt to accomplish as much Theurge as possible. I'll see if I can find the link.

EDIT: I can't seem to conjure up a link, but it was either Olo or Orwtho (spelling). I want to say the build name was something along the lines of "Aragon of White Lillies," but I can't for the life of me find it via Google.

Myth
2011-12-29, 07:16 AM
Gestalt doesn't go with Theurge/Ur Priest etc.

Though simple UrPriest+Sublime Chord can get you 9th level Cleric and Arcane spells. Not sure about the psionic part of it.

kardar233
2011-12-29, 09:15 AM
The only "White Lilies" build I can think of is Algernon of the White Lilies (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5881.msg194047#msg194047), which is a build that can buff a whole party with any Divine buff you can name.

Depending on whether you allow powers manifested by a StP Erudite to count as spells, a fancy build might be a Spell to Power Erudite and Archivist theurge, then dip Spelldancer for free Persists. You have access to every spell except for non-Wizard Arcane spells, plus all the Psion powers too, and you can Persist as many as you can take the Con damage for.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-12-29, 10:46 AM
The only "White Lilies" build I can think of is Algernon of the White Lilies (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5881.msg194047#msg194047), which is a build that can buff a whole party with any Divine buff you can name.

Bah! My apologies. I for some reason also think of War Weaver when it comes to crazy multiclassing builds, with "White Lilies" just rolling off the tongue rather nicely.:smallredface:

DERP! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3945177) Not only did I miss-cite who made it, but I also now just found it. It requires so many hoops to make work, it really does live up to its name. I would never dare run it at a table IRL without a bunch of cue cards on hand for my various, well, everythings.

Demon of Death
2011-12-29, 11:27 AM
Depending on whether you allow powers manifested by a StP Erudite to count as spells, a fancy build might be a Spell to Power Erudite and Archivist theurge, then dip Spelldancer for free Persists. You have access to every spell except for non-Wizard Arcane spells, plus all the Psion powers too, and you can Persist as many as you can take the Con damage for.

You can temporarily turn yourself into a Construct or such and not worry about Con Damage for Persisting, as well. You ought to be able to find a way with every Arcane Spell,Divine Spell and Psionic Power at your disposal.

Wings of Peace
2011-12-29, 04:04 PM
Gestalt doesn't go with Theurge/Ur Priest etc.

Though simple UrPriest+Sublime Chord can get you 9th level Cleric and Arcane spells. Not sure about the psionic part of it.

Gestalt and theurging is perfectly legal. It's just advised against.