PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] "High Plains Drifter" Paladin build

Thurbane
2011-12-29, 07:57 AM
Hey all,

Looking for some advice on an NPC build - I'm looking for a Paladin who can push the boundaries of LG. The chassis so far is Hellbred (body) Paladin 5/Gray Guard 9.

I'm fairly solid on using Paladin (i.e. don't want to swap it out for Crusader or Cleric or such), and Gray Guard is pretty well locked in as well. Hellbred also seems like a good fit, especially with Evil Exception.

Having said that, I'm looking for thematic/useful feats and abilities for a mean, ornery Paladin. I'd like to tweak Intimidate, so Imperious Command/Never Outnumbered/Fearsome Armor is likely.

Cheers - T

hamishspence
2011-12-29, 08:21 AM
Shadowbane Inquisitor (Complete Adventurer) is pretty mean and ornery. The prerequisites include a feat that allows paladin and rogue levels to stack for certain paladin and rogue abilities. A level in Rogue and your paladin now has a pretty good sneak attack ability.

Darrin
2011-12-29, 10:44 AM
Having said that, I'm looking for thematic/useful feats and abilities for a mean, ornery Paladin. I'd like to tweak Intimidate, so Imperious Command/Never Outnumbered/Fearsome Armor is likely.

Ghostwalker in Sword & Fist is probably worth a look.

I'd probably dip a bit into Ranger to pick up Favored Enemy, or rather the Rival Organization ACF from Cityscape.

Optimator
2011-12-29, 04:27 PM
Shock Trooper + Leap Attack + Charging Smite Variant (PHBII) + Rhino's Rush spell (SpC). Become a holy cruise missile of death. Charge first and ask questions second.

Incriptus
2011-12-29, 04:47 PM
Do you have a means of reading scrolls of atonement?

or better yet

Custom Command Word Magic item of Atonement = Forgiveness on tap :smallbiggrin:

Pechvarry
2011-12-29, 07:33 PM
Bone Knight from Five Nations, flavoring the build with some undead powa.

Shock Trooper + Leap Attack + Charging Smite Variant (PHBII) + Rhino's Rush spell (SpC). Become a holy cruise missile of death. Charge first and ask questions second.

I prefer "Charge first and have the Cleric cast Speak with Dead later."