PDA

View Full Version : Honest Spam

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-12-29, 03:26 PM
So I am going through the moderation queue of a blog I administrate, and I come across what has to be the weirdest attempt at comment spam I have ever seen:

https://img.skitch.com/20111229-rrqrg36gqcd8yja5yu1ehbjpb9.png

While such concise honesty is a virtue, spamming is not. Sorry, but that’s going in the trash.

Tragic_Comedian
2011-12-29, 03:37 PM
You seem to have inadvertently posted this twice. Talk about irony. :smallsmile:

Manga Shoggoth
2011-12-29, 05:06 PM
Dark Circle Sunder Eyes Treatmment Centre???

Now, I've heard of weird new-age treatments, but taking an axe to the eyes...

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-12-29, 07:28 PM
You seem to have inadvertently posted this twice. Talk about irony. :smallsmile:
Musta been that server error. :smallredface:

Douglas
2011-12-29, 07:44 PM
For another piece of amusing spam, I got a Nigerian scam email a while back. The funny part was that this one had the audacity to claim that the imaginary money I would be given was coming from a government-sponsored fund to compensate victims of Nigerian scam emails.:smallamused:

Eldan
2011-12-29, 08:02 PM
Really. I got one asking for donations to a section of the nigerian police dealing with cyber crimes.

Jimorian
2011-12-29, 08:41 PM
On another forum, the spammer as part of their random text to fool filters, posted their forum password in the body of the message! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sign in on his account and delete the spam myself. :smalltongue:

(Do not try this at home, I sent a message to the board moderator explaining what I did and it was all cool, but on a lot of forums, this could quite possibly get your IP banned by accident if not on purpose. Report it normally, and leave it to the pros.)

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-12-29, 08:50 PM
For another piece of amusing spam, I got a Nigerian scam email a while back. The funny part was that this one had the audacity to claim that the imaginary money I would be given was coming from a government-sponsored fund to compensate victims of Nigerian scam emails.:smallamused:
Well, almost makes sense. If you’re claiming to fight a particular crime, it will make your victim les likely to think you are perpetrating said crime. So, bonus points for creativity there. :smalltongue:

Traab
2011-12-29, 11:03 PM
Im still ticked because I have over 50 blizzard phishing scam fake email addresses blocked in my email account.... and the real one too. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sort through 50+ email addresses that are all virtually identical looking for the real one? I dont dare risk scanning the emails since all of them but the real one will have keyloggers and other assorted viruses and malware attached to them. My antivirus protection is good, but why poke the dragon in its eye with a stick just because you have on flame retardant clothing?

Lither
2011-12-30, 05:07 AM
My antivirus protection is good, but why poke the dragon in its eye with a stick just because you have on flame retardant clothing?

That last sentence alone is why most people aren't PCs.

On topic, I've never noticed any spam that states itself to be spam. I can just see the future:

You have one new email.

Open email.

"Hi, this is a spam email. Please send repeated payments of several thousand dollars to us. Your cooperation is appreciated."

Traab
2011-12-30, 08:44 AM

On topic, I've never noticed any spam that states istelf to be spam. I can just see the future:

You have one new email.

Open email.

"Hi, this is a spam email. Please send repeated payments of several thousand dollars to us. Your cooperation is appreciated."

"If you wouldnt mind, please reply with all personal information and bank account numbers, it would be a big help."

Douglas
2011-12-30, 12:26 PM

On topic, I've never noticed any spam that states istelf to be spam. I can just see the future:

You have one new email.

Open email.

You have clearly never encountered the "Amish computer virus".

enderlord99
2011-12-30, 01:05 PM
Dark Circle Sunder Eyes Treatmment Centre???

Now, I've heard of weird new-age treatments, but taking an axe to the eyes...

Well, they are warlocks...

:smalltongue:

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-12-30, 02:00 PM
Im still ticked because I have over 50 blizzard phishing scam fake email addresses blocked in my email account.... and the real one too.
Well, that’s an ouch. Would it be considered lucky that there are only the 50 or so of them?

grimbold
2011-12-30, 07:03 PM

thats pretty funny

anybody else here read those cracked articles where the columnist actually responds to the spam just to see what happens?

Traab
2011-12-30, 07:36 PM
Well, that’s an ouch. Would it be considered lucky that there are only the 50 or so of them?

Remember thats 50 separate addresses, that doesnt count the multiple emails id get from each before i started blocking them as soon as I saw them. Which is probably when I did it. I got some ad from blizzard, never bothered to open it, and blocked the real addy thinking it was fake #68332.

Lither
2012-01-01, 07:02 AM
You have clearly never encountered the "Amish computer virus".

I have. But it isn't spam. It's just funny.