PDA

View Full Version : Suitable One-Shot Sources

BiblioRook
2011-12-29, 04:39 PM
I've been putting off running my own game for sometime now, counter-productively on the excuse of lacking experience to do it properly (yes, I know :smallannoyed:)
About the same time I have a brother that has been wanting to have a try at D&D for a while ever since I ran an impromptu game with my cousins one of the few family gatherings he wasn't able to attend.

So I was wondering if there were a good course of one-shots available I would be able to use to practice running games on before I take the plunge at making campaigns of my own. At the moment my brother is looking for something that could last like two days of heavy play, with D&D that should be too hard but I guess you never know.

TheLooker
2011-12-29, 05:53 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not quite sure I understand what youmean by saying "one shot". As for dming, the best thing to do is to DM. There are lots of small preloaded encounters in almost all of the books. I have found them to be the best for unsuredming. One thing that yo mustfocus on is keeping track of your players. It's terrible to be caught off guard with their abilities Building your own campaign is a lot of work, morethan most people are willing to spend. Also, you can't be afraid to kill them. Several of the books that had some encounters that I enjoyed were the Libris Mortis, Heroes of Horror, and the Complete Mage.

BShammie
2011-12-29, 06:12 PM
There are plenty of adventures on the Wizards of the Coast site, and while I haven't looked at all of them I'm sure at least a few would last two or more days.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b&page=1