PDA

View Full Version : Caster levels, I think I might be confusing them.

killem2
2011-12-30, 05:58 PM
When you have something that increases or decreases your caster level, is that figured in, in anyway to save DC that targets have against your spells?

I thought the DC for your spells is 10 + spell level + int mod.

Is there a time that caster levels, effect DC checks?

olentu
2011-12-30, 06:01 PM
When you have something that increases or decreases your caster level, is that figured in, in anyway to save DC that targets have against your spells?

I thought the DC for your spells is 10 + spell level + int mod.

Is there a time that caster levels, effect DC checks?

The only one I can think of at the moment is the poison spell.

Eldest
2011-12-30, 06:01 PM
No, caster levels generally never affect DCs. For stuff like fireball and dispel checks, that's when the caster level comes into play. Of course, that's generally.

Doug Lampert
2011-12-30, 06:10 PM
No, caster levels generally never affect DCs. For stuff like fireball and dispel checks, that's when the caster level comes into play. Of course, that's generally.

Caster level also adds to spell penetration vs. spell resistance and it adds to range and duration for most spells.

As above: It adds to both sides in dispel checks and it adds to damage and other effects for many spells. (Dice for fireballs, extra points for cure and inflict type spells, missiles for magic missile.)

Generally high CL is worth having, but it doesn't do anything like increase save DCs on most spells.

DougL

killem2
2011-12-30, 06:27 PM
That's what it was, spell resistance, I thought there was something "like dc" that I was thinking of. Thanks guys!