PDA

View Full Version : Getting DR/good without being evil? [3.PF]

TuggyNE
2011-12-30, 07:39 PM
I'm kinda curious as to whether there's some way to get more or less significant amounts of DR/good without being evil -- preferably, compatible with an outright Good alignment. :smallcool: It seems like a cute trick, though obviously not the most powerful thing ever.... Anyway, playgrounders, got any suggestions?

daemonaetea
2011-12-31, 02:34 PM
I know there are a few bloodlines of evil creatures that give DR/good, but I wouldn't call the amount significant, and I think most of them require a high level. Still, it might be worth a look, and they don't have an alignment restriction.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm

Mystic Muse
2011-12-31, 02:37 PM
There's an angel Feather shirt in the Magic Item compendium. The amount isn't what I'd call significant, but it is DR/Good you can have while still being good.

TuggyNE
2011-12-31, 05:50 PM
I know there are a few bloodlines of evil creatures that give DR/good, but I wouldn't call the amount significant, and I think most of them require a high level. Still, it might be worth a look, and they don't have an alignment restriction.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm

Indeed, DR 5 at ECL 23 isn't all that great, but at least it is there. (Dunno why I'd never seen the bloodlines section before... oh well.)

There's an angel Feather shirt in the Magic Item compendium. The amount isn't what I'd call significant, but it is DR/Good you can have while still being good.

So, pretty much the same ballpark as bloodlines I guess? Yah, makes sense, I was just thinking there ought to be some ingenious loophole somewhere, but perhaps there really isn't.

Psyren
2011-12-31, 06:12 PM
If there are any [Evil] spells that grant it (I don't know any offhand, other than Infernal Transformation), then Hellbred can cast them regardless of alignment or class restrictions.

Crasical
2011-12-31, 07:54 PM
A Synthesist Summoner can fuse with an Eidolon for 10 points of alignment-bypassed DR, but it's up for DM interperetation if that means a true-neutral Summoner cannot take that evolution at all, or if he gets to choose what alignment bypasses the DR.