PDA

View Full Version : Manically Evil Laugh

TheLooker
2011-12-30, 08:06 PM
As I am going to be playing a villain within my next campaign (against all the other PC's) I decided that no villain is complete without his evil laugh.
My evil laugh is already pretty good, although it needs some work. So...where does the sound come from? A deep voice? the back of the throat? or is it more of a in the mouth-tongue-rattling screech?

Deth Muncher
2011-12-30, 08:07 PM
Work with a vocal coach. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g)

Ravens_cry
2011-12-30, 08:18 PM
I don't do evil laughs all that well, but I have a rictus grin that is as close to you can get a Joker Grin without a Glasgow smile. It is basically teeth clenched in rage, with the sides curled up like a "smile". If you can part the teeth just a little, it helps.
It . . .unnerves people.

Greenish
2011-12-30, 08:27 PM
There is no one true way to an evil laugh.

That said, I've always been a fan of Mark Hamill-style "mwa-ha-ha… MWA-HA-HA… MWA-HA-HA!!!!!", that is, three distinct burst of laughter with clear delineation and an increasing volume. Maybe with the voice sort of breaking on the last bit.

Ravens_cry
2011-12-30, 08:39 PM
Eh, I like the rich and throaty evil laugh, booming deep and loud rather than the screeching cackle, but that doesn't suit all villains.
It wouldn't suit the Joker for example. For the cape swirling, grandiose types, however, it's key in my opinion.

meto30
2011-12-30, 08:40 PM
I tend to prefer more croaky laughs, like that of Emperor Palpatine in Return of the Jedi. :smallsmile: But different villain archetypes all have different laughs, sometimes no manic laughs at all. Could you be more specific on the villain you have planned?

Torrim
2011-12-30, 08:48 PM
Work with a vocal coach. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g)

A good evil laugh is not something you can work out with practice.It comes from the deep (darkside) of your heart.Think about the most funny, pleasurable thing you can imagine, and start laughing.In the middle of the laugh,let your mind fly to your vengeance dream(we all have one).If you can totally feel it, you should be able to get a nice evil laugh!

kardar233
2011-12-30, 09:08 PM
I have two evil laughs:

The first starts way down in the solar plexus as a low, amused chuckle. It slowly rises up through your throat as it gets louder.

The second is a mad laugh based on the Joker, which is really just based on getting the mindset right.

I'll see if I can find a way to put audio files on this site for your sampling.

Deth Muncher
2011-12-30, 09:21 PM
I have two evil laughs:

The first starts way down in the solar plexus as a low, amused chuckle. It slowly rises up through your throat as it gets louder.

The second is a mad laugh based on the Joker, which is really just based on getting the mindset right.

I'll see if I can find a way to put audio files on this site for your sampling.

You show me yours I'll show you mine.