PDA

View Full Version : Most Evil PC You've Played/Seen?

Shoot Da Moon
2011-12-31, 03:41 AM
See the title.

My most evil character was a corrupt AFT agent who took bribes and had a violent grudge against her own sister for being the favourite.

Mastikator
2011-12-31, 05:50 AM
Most evil PC I've played was the last one. A dragon transformed into a human trying to infiltrate human society in order to conquer it from within. Disguised as a priest.
However, because the rest of the party was non-evil, at least none near, I had to change characters.

Adindra
2011-12-31, 06:19 AM
The most evil pc ive ever played had to have been a vampire necromancer in a game of 3.5, he invented a very famous weapon that my dm came to hate (baby undead carpet bombs that caused damage when they died)

i know ive seen worse but that was my worst one

Calmar
2011-12-31, 06:54 AM
The most evil character I played was a malicious, cowardly rogue who made himself somewhat indespensable due to his skills. He was more neutral than evil, however, so he was basically an unlikeable guy who'd only turn against his companions if it'd save his life, or make him really rich.

The most evil ones I've seen probably were your average Chaotic Stupid crowd who turn campaigns into one-shots and player groups into people-who-used-to-hang-out-together... :smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2011-12-31, 08:07 AM
I think somehow all my good characters end up with rather large, defining, evil characteristics.:smallwink:

Anansi
2011-12-31, 09:18 AM
A charming, little old Japanese man who was a Yakuza underboss (Shadowrun, moderate PvP). Manipulative diplomancer who got the other players to do his dirty work. On at least two occasions he was directly responsible for their deaths after they were no longer useful to him.

Also, he blew up Santa with an orphan.

Bastian Weaver
2011-12-31, 09:25 AM
Hmm. Evil PC. Let me think...
That time when I played MSH as Scorpion. He was part of Mr Sinister's strike force, and tried flirting with a female teammate, Vertigo, who was later killed in a fight. As Scorpion looked down at her lifeless body, he muttered "And I didn't even get to sleep with her" before hopping away.

Tanuki Tales
2011-12-31, 09:31 AM
The most evil characters I would have played are the following:

An Ogre Mage who was very much into eating Soylent Green or any other sentient meats. Not because he only liked the taste but also because he enjoyed the anguish and horror of eating them alive. He also had a slave/pet. She was a mid-teens human female who had the Troll-Blooded feat. Suffice to say, he enjoyed toys he could break and would fix themselves.

I can't remember this guy's exact race but it was for a d20 Modern game. He was essentially Killer Croc with a better healing factor and he was a Boogeyman. He haunted the catacombs of Paris for a very long time and wracked up a nice body count before being drafted into a global supernatural peace enforcement organization. Personality wise he was very much of the Sabertooth school of Complete Monster and I had plans for another PC and the 10 year old who accompanied him.

Suffice to say, the DM both times told me I was going to be too brutal even for an all evil/mix alignment party.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-31, 10:47 AM
I think the most evil NPC I did was this one emperor or an agent of his that was a master of disguise that turned on the PCs and was going to hunt them down if the campaign lasted that long.

Velaryon
2011-12-31, 02:59 PM
I've not had good luck with evil characters - the few times I've tried to play one the game usually collapses before we get very far. Often it's either because the GM is not equipped to handle an evil campaign, or it's for other factors beyond our control. It generally hasn't been the fault of the character though.

The one that I've had any degree of success with so far is a SW Saga character named Boten Oshu. He's partially based off of Date Masamune as portrayed in Samurai Warriors 2, but with the scheming bastard traits cranked up to 11.

He's a Thyferran nobleman and secretly a Sith who is fomenting unrest with the local government in a quiet attempt to seize power, as well as hiring thugs and mercenaries to cause more fear and strife. As the local government slowly becomes more and more oppressive, he's building his power behind the scenes while maintaining a public facade of benevolent philanthropy.

It's early yet in the campaign, but so far he's staged the kidnapping of a local official's children, then bravely helped to rescue them (an NPC Jedi happened to be passing through at the time and almost spoiled the whole thing, but my allies and I managed to quietly dispose of him during our "rescue"), and sparked a riot when he pushed local militia into firing upon unarmed labor protestors outside of a factory, then made off with the speeder containing the SWAT-equivalent's extra gear during the confusion.

Vattic
2011-12-31, 04:15 PM
some friends of mine decided to run an all evil campaign, and i was sorta neutral on the whole thing but figured, ok, what the hell.

so i rolled up a svirfneblin sorcerer that specialized in enchantments/illusions. things were going pretty good until we all got captured and put in jail. the party leader talked us out of prison, but at the last moment, seemingly on a whim, he told the guard to keep my character in jail because "everyone knows that gnomes are completely worthless."

i decided right then and there to devote myself to horrible, cackling vengeance. i waited till the party had left, then killed the guard with a poisonous snake familiar who then busted me out by bringing me the keys to my cell.

essentially, i followed the party around for months in game, sending them nightmares and tricking monsters into stumbling onto the party whilst they were sleeping and just generally wearing them down and causing them to hate life.

it all kind of built up to this cool mountain adventure where the party went up into this crazy glacier/death peak for a quest. i used greater invisibility, flight and hallucinatory terrain to create imaginary paths over gorges that killed 2 players right off the bat. the party was freaking out, knowing that something had been ****ing with them for months but powerless to figure out what it was or how to stop it.

terrified, they resumed their doomed march to the summit. i found some giant frost worms (rhemoraz? i can't remember what they were called except that they were half dragons as well as freaking enormous :)). it was child's play to trick them into running into the (at this point severely paranoid and desperate) party. a pitched battle ensued at which point i flew high above and cast multiple shatters at the top of the slope, causing a massive avalanche to shake loose and utterly destroy everyone.

amongst the dead were a half-demon monk, a very op'd human pale master, a minotaur fighter/barbarian, a full blooded imp sorcerer, a lizardfolk assassin/ranger, a troll-blood rogue and a catfolk weaponmaster.

all and all, it was a very fulfilling campaign from my perspective.

TurtleKing
2012-01-01, 02:04 AM
Some of my evil or at least questionable alignment characters were actually good or altruistic.

As for my most evil character is the LG with neutral tendencies the Thigardo, Prinny Deity of Legend. He quested to raise his beloved dead goddess Freja back to life. Through everything managed to take a sandbox campaign... and basically stole it. Thigardo stole the campaign because he was heroic in spite of everything.

So while others may eat babies, rape, pillage, murder, and more. How many can steal CAMPAIGNS!?

Zeta Kai
2012-01-01, 11:30 PM
Also, he blew up Santa with an orphan.

Anansi has shot the food won the thread.

Anecronwashere
2012-01-02, 01:48 AM
I'm playing an Ancient (1,000+) Necromancer who is training the rest of the party to be his minions/bodyguards and hiding his real strength (lvl21, pretending to be lvl3).
While not technically Evil he is quite Morally Questionable. He was born back when the Empires were still around and quite oppressive, so he decided to Rule The World with the Undead as the Working Class, rather than Sentient Beings. He has no qualms about mass-slaughtering people to get that Working Class though and has been known under many names, as both a Hero and a Villain but recently lost all his hard-gained zombies in a fight with another Necromancer.
He has Death's Cloak (homebrew item, no actual benefits now due to being lvl3 but will later) hiding his figure (which is a running gag of all the players trying to destroy it to see my covered form) and will become the BBEG if the players work out his true motives (which will be hopefully spelled out by an Animal-Controlling Rival named Mr. Oak).

tl;dr: ancient zombie-controller wannabe-world-ruler training the party members to be his bodyguards. He also has the Cloak that belonged to Death Himself.

Smokin Red
2012-01-02, 05:02 AM
My most evil PC wasn't really evil (at least I thought so, but the rest of my group disagreed), but misanthropic and capitalistic.
It was a shadowrun (battle-)surgeon, who took looting to the max. He did not just took the cyber-ware off of his foes, but also their fleshy bits. (Good connections to the organ Mafia).
And he was also an alcoholic and did nearly everything for money, including inserting skull-bombs into his team-mates linked to his heart-beat, to feel more secure.
And because he was a brilliant doctor, the others put up with everything he did.
Needless to say, he was cybered up to his teeth.
I just loved him.

Tanuki Tales
2012-01-02, 11:22 AM
Anansi has shot the food won the thread.

But we need context.

GernifTheBard
2012-01-02, 11:44 AM
some friends of mine decided to run an all evil campaign, and i was sorta neutral on the whole thing but figured, ok, what the hell.

so i rolled up a svirfneblin sorcerer that specialized in enchantments/illusions. things were going pretty good until we all got captured and put in jail. the party leader talked us out of prison, but at the last moment, seemingly on a whim, he told the guard to keep my character in jail because "everyone knows that gnomes are completely worthless."

i decided right then and there to devote myself to horrible, cackling vengeance. i waited till the party had left, then killed the guard with a poisonous snake familiar who then busted me out by bringing me the keys to my cell.

essentially, i followed the party around for months in game, sending them nightmares and tricking monsters into stumbling onto the party whilst they were sleeping and just generally wearing them down and causing them to hate life.

it all kind of built up to this cool mountain adventure where the party went up into this crazy glacier/death peak for a quest. i used greater invisibility, flight and hallucinatory terrain to create imaginary paths over gorges that killed 2 players right off the bat. the party was freaking out, knowing that something had been ****ing with them for months but powerless to figure out what it was or how to stop it.

terrified, they resumed their doomed march to the summit. i found some giant frost worms (rhemoraz? i can't remember what they were called except that they were half dragons as well as freaking enormous :)). it was child's play to trick them into running into the (at this point severely paranoid and desperate) party. a pitched battle ensued at which point i flew high above and cast multiple shatters at the top of the slope, causing a massive avalanche to shake loose and utterly destroy everyone.

amongst the dead were a half-demon monk, a very op'd human pale master, a minotaur fighter/barbarian, a full blooded imp sorcerer, a lizardfolk assassin/ranger, a troll-blood rogue and a catfolk weaponmaster.

all and all, it was a very fulfilling campaign from my perspective.
Just curious, how was this done out of character? What did you do during meetings, listen and pass notes to the DM, or were there separate meetings for you? Did the other players know about the sorcerer OOC, but roleplayed it well IC?

Leecros
2012-01-02, 11:58 AM
I think the first evil PC i've played was fairly evil, but it was a chaotic stupid evil PC that didn't really live that long.

In recent years my most evil PC was a Psion/Pyrokineticist whom believed all problems could be solved with fire. He would regularly look for help adverts in the city the party was in and find the person and discover two things. 1. Where he lived and 2. Where he kept his gold. He would then murder the person and everyone in his house(if there was anyone), loot the place of his valuables, then burn the house down with the bodies inside. He got away with it too. He targeted people looking to pay someone for a service so he knew they had some amount of money, he generally only struck at night utilizing his psionic abilities to distract and evade the guards when he could or outright killing them when he had to with his mind powers...Nothing says "Hello" like a head exploded from Cranial Deluge.

Anyway, it worked pretty well and the DM didn't really do much to specifically stop me nor did he say he would...as long as i was smart about it. If i did something stupid then it would be very dangerous for my character. He also fully intended to join the land chewing villains that were going around and causing trouble, but once he got that invitation he didn't really have a chance to because he was eaten by a red dragon.

As for the rest of the party...they were all neutral and there was only one or two that actually had suspicions that mine was going on this premeditated murder spree.

Ahh...that character was fun to play though.

Anansi
2012-01-02, 12:05 PM
But we need context.

We were playing on Easter Sunday and our GM decided to run a sort of holiday special. The target in question was a CEO of a local tech organization which we had previously robbed. It was Christmas time, and he liked to volunteer his time dressing up as a Santa and handing out presents at the local mall.

Being that this was a PvP campaign, there were three separate objectives being run simultaneously.

For the shaman: Protect the CEO at all costs.
For the adept: Kidnap the CEO and interrogate him.
For the face (my underboss) and my right-hand man the street samurai: Make an example of him.

I pull my GM aside and tell him my plan. He shakes his head in shame and amusement, and gives me the go-ahead.

So there we are. Myself and my underling, pleasantly walking around the mall. The adept lurking in the shadows. The shaman is fifty feet from the Santa. The shaman and I have some history - last time we encountered each other, there was much flirting and charming going on, before we both broke out the assault rifles. You might call it a love-hate relationship.

I walk up to her and start chatting like old times. She's nervous, furtively glancing around. The street samurai is nowhere to be seen, and the adept is getting ready to pounce from the crowd. Everyone is waiting for someone else to make a move. I look at my GM, and he just starts chuckling.

And then Santa gets blown to pieces. A massive explosion sends bits of the CEO flying in every direction, killing dozens of bystanders. The shaman and I are both thrown to the ground by the blast. The adept takes one look at the carnage and flees for the shadows. The street samurai is looking down from the upper level and just laughing.

The plan I had discussed with the GM?

In an act of grand generosity, I went walking the streets of the city that afternoon and came across a street urchin. I gave the homeless boy a hot meal, and took him out for the day. I brought him to see Santa, and gave him his first Christmas present: a stuffed teddy bear.

Unfortunately for all parties involved, the teddy bear was stuffed with explosives.

I put the boy in line to see Santa, and strolled around the mall laying low. The detonator was in my pocket the entire session. Once he made it to the front of the line and sat in Santa's lap, I detonated the bear.

It was Mr. Yamamoto's crowning moment.

eulmanis12
2012-01-02, 12:10 PM
my charecter a half orc fighter named steve.

the dm put me in a bar, with no weapons or armor or cash, told me that in the previous session, (I had missed due to being sick) I'd been arrested by local guards, had everything confiscated, then escaped in the middle of the night. I start a brawl with the intent of attracting the town guard. My plan, The town guard have weapons and armor, I will kill and take. I ended up killing my way through the tavern (with fists), then the town guard (Armed with duel wielded bar stools) Then the town, (armed with duel wielded town guards, not their weapons their bodies DM heard my plan, and said it was too awesome to pass up) At the end of the session, the entire town was dead, The rest of the party then broke down the gate to "rescue" me and discovered me sitting amidst the corpses drinking.

Krazzman
2012-01-02, 01:45 PM
I'm participating in a campaign where I was the most goodest character (he's now TN strongly leaning NE, started with NG).

In the first session I hooked up with a Tiefling (Rogue, Ranger, Fighter) and an Half-Elf Bard, me being a straight fighter. We were sent to hell where we disguised us as members of this specific hell and raped some succubi, killed some other guys and so on. We come back and leave town IMMEDIATLY since the necromancer that threw us in hell had conquered the city.

We ditch the Bard and go on, meeting up with an Warrior of Bane (Monk, Fighter, Paladin) and his goon (DMPC). We (Tiefling) manage to create 3 more banshees in a banshee-stricken village and due to bad diseases my character becomes a Ghoul. Tiefling is infected but "save". We manage to get into another dimension where there is no crime and the tiefling kills a whole hospital tent. My character eats an semi avatar of bane (which sucked banes power from faerun to this plane) and turns back to human. Up on being back to faerung the Tiefling started to wipe a whole village out. Raped a mother and had the son view it and ditched him into the woods. And after slaughtering all inhabitants we ride on.

After being arrested for our "crimes" and being able to flee (slaughtering all inhabitants of this prison) the tiefling breaks into a house and kills the parents. Their little girl sees it and is tied up by him. Afterwards he put her beneath the bed and layed himself between her dead parents to sleep.
In search of the DMPC, he visits a whore-house and after having some private time with them kills all of them.

I think because of him this group is labeled Mature.

Need_A_Life
2012-01-02, 03:25 PM
In D&D, it had to go to my infernal cult leader/royal executioner/"buff pusher."
I had a weapon that would claim the soul of anyone I killed with it, thus offering my services (at competitive rates) as an executioner in each of the dozen kingdoms we travelled through in this intrigue campaign.
I had enough mind-affecting powers that I managed cults numbering in the hundreds with minutes of work in several cities (getting dibs on their souls by virtue of "Break 'em, buy 'em."
The infernal lawyer/healer in the group and I would get the other group members to carry out whatever "secret objectives" our boss would give us and we'd only heal and buff those who agreed to certain terms (always including not hurting us and protecting us from whoever would attempt violence against us).

I ended up ruling a good deal of the setting for a while before (reluctantly) giving it up, under orders from our boss.

---

In Vampire, I had a Tremere. It wasn't so much that he was evil, as much as he was obsessed with becoming better, as he was too thin-blooded to Embrace [OOC, I'd slapped a bunch of merits and flaws on him, enough that I had to look them up a few times every sesion to remember them all].
He ended up diablerizing five elder vampires over the course of a single session, his rationalisation being two-fold:
1) Those people were being hunted by the former-PC Assamite, so their disappearance wouldn't be blamed on him.
2) They were wasting their power. Morons, all of them. With this power, I can throw out the rotting corpse of this Sabbat incursion, crush the Anarch uprising and create a new golden age for the Tremere of this city [insert maniacal laugh, caused by blood high]

It's funny how little combat ability you need when you deal damage to people who touch you and your enemies try to rip you limb from limb with their bare hands. :smallamused:

Dr.Epic
2012-01-02, 03:55 PM
Most evil PC? Obviously John Hodgman!:smallwink:

Trinoya
2012-01-03, 12:27 PM
Technically speaking the MOST evil character I played was an evil cultist, for one session, who flat out murdered one of the other PCs after he and his brother (another PC) knocked her out for attacking them.

We were debating who should open a potentially trapped door when the third player came along. I expressed interest in her 'amazon' (barbarian) opening the door since they are 'strong' and 'powerful' and was promptly thrown against a wall and she started to hit my character with liberal use of her hand to his face.

My brother knocked her out. At which point we debated what to do with her. A gelatinous cube wondered along (blocking our only other exit) at which point we took her gear, and tossed her body (still quite alive) into the cube so it would slow down long enough for us to determine if the door was trapped.

It wasn't. Oh the laughs we had. The entire rest of the party determined they would kill us on sight after that, even though none of us had ever met before. Such fun.

A close runner up would be my wizard who actually became the villain in a game years ago, but he is more of a, "turned to evil due to seeing good being very corrupt" than flat out evil... he murdered every single other PC for half a year. Players ultimately defeated him and his evil plans, but the game ended when they found out I had gone lich on them and was gonna come back. ^_^

Moral behind that story: Don't deny your wizard treasure on the grounds of, "we can't trust spell casters."

Pigkappa
2012-01-03, 12:35 PM
A definitely troubling vampire in a V:tR chronicle. With a good taste for serial killing and a Gangrel colleague as evil as I was. Those were happy times for our characters, unhappy times for the 20+ homeless guys we kidnapped and put into our basement (and sometimes killed, because, well, it happens).

gkathellar
2012-01-03, 12:48 PM
As we were rolling up characters for an evil campaign, one of the older players noticed I was generating a druid, and asked, "Wait, how can you have an evil druid?" I don't think I can quote it verbatim, but I went into character and gave a speech about how civilization was nothing more than a thin veneer concealing the true brutality and horror of the world, a comforting lie told to those riding the tiger's back — and "that which can be destroyed by the truth, should be."

Freaked everyone at the table out a little.

Vacant
2012-01-03, 06:45 PM
In terms of alignment, a really callous Gnoll druid who saw most morals as hypocrisy. Given what passes for "good" in a lot of campaign settings (including this one), I don't know if he was really far off. His explanation was that he didn't care any less about making orphans or causing anguish to the creatures he ate, he just didn't care what color the orphans were or if his dinner told him it didn't want to die "in words or equally informative howls." At one point the party was refused entry into a town which had a magic item they needed because he was a Gnoll, so he burned down the village and informed the party that he had "cleared out the dungeon." When they balked that "there were children there," he said they were overreacting because "lamb without mint jelly or veal without wine is far from the worst meal." I liked him a lot because while he was "evil," he didn't do anything worse or more malicious than everybody else, he just didn't racially discriminate when selecting his targets.

Cerlis
2012-01-03, 07:01 PM
An Ogre Mage who was very much into eating Soylent Green or any other sentient meats. Not because he only liked the taste but also because he enjoyed the anguish and horror of eating them alive. He also had a slave/pet. She was a mid-teens human female who had the Troll-Blooded feat. Suffice to say, he enjoyed toys he could break and would fix themselves.

winner, IMO

Silus
2012-01-03, 07:33 PM
I never was really able/allowed to play an evil character in my last group (nobody was, really). There was fear that someone playing an evil character would go full Chaotic Evil on people (Murdering children, screwing livestock, theft, jaywalking, ect).

However, two characters come to mind.

First, an unnamed Catfolk Gunslinger (used the Pathfinder Gunslinger test class). Was Lawful Evil (which I managed with a good 20+ minutes of convincing the DM that I would NOT murder everyone I came across) but was more "Apathetic Neutral". Was bound by contracts and if you didn't have one with him, you were fair game.

Second was Nikolai, my Brujah from my first OWoD game. He was a merc hired to investigate some disappearances at an inter dimensional high-school (he was also the only one being paid). The evil comes in during one of the interrogations he did on one of the suspects (a 17 year old named Natalia who looked VERY much like his lost love, also named Natalia). It went down like this, more or less) :

"Tell me vat I vant to know."
"I can't."
*Looks to the group that is inside the room* "Anyone hev knife?"
*Is handed a knife* "Now, I ask vun more teim. Who is doing dees? Dees...diss-a-peer-en-says."
*The girl spits on Nikolai*
*Sighs and nods sadly* "Right..."
*Turns to the Storyteller* "I cut her ear off."

Cue a round of "YOU WHAT?!".

Then....I think I cut her somewhere else, then broke her hand with Nikolai's trucker-pipe (Lead filled steel pipe with a bike handle grip) when she tried to cast a spell, the whole time acting like it was an every day occurrence.

Example (sans accent): "Look, tell us what we need to know to get our investigation done, and I won't have to finish cutting your ear off." *Wipes bloody blade off on the girl's pants leg*
*Girl spits at Nikolai in defiance again*
*Sighs* "Have it your way." *Grabs the girl by the head and finishes sawing her ear off with the borrowed pocket knife*

Found out later that it was that she COULDN'T tell us what we wanted to know, not that she WOULDN'T. So Nikolai turned her into a vampire (after asking her if that was what she wanted). She was later found in the school freezer, drained of blood. Nikolai went BALLISTIC.

And for kicks, here's another golden Nikolai moment.

Storyteller: "The door is locked. You are sure one of the students is trapped on the other side."
Other players: *Start talking about how to get through the large locked door*
Me: "Um....what's the wall next to the door made of?"

Yeah, door was locked, so we went Kool-Aid Man on the wall.

TurtleKing
2012-01-03, 11:20 PM
Hey Silus was that character based on you? Not completely of course just personality wise?

As for that WOD campaign one of the most evil things my character did was in interrogating the Professor who was responsible for the latest disappearances. In that one after he had been cut up abit poured some alcohol directly onto the wounds to "disinfect them". Evil? No just playing up the Sadistic flaw. I was basically playing myself except for the magic.

Dire Moose
2012-01-03, 11:26 PM
Well, my campaign has only two genuinely good people in it; the rest consist of a kleptomaniac rogue who bases most of his decisions on Insane Troll Logic, a berserk-at-anything-that-moves-WAAAGH Orc Barbarian, and a murderous psychopath of a warlock that actually wants to open a portal to the Nine Hells of Baator* which the party is on a quest to destroy.

*will result in an instant TPK if opened

Silus
2012-01-04, 12:29 AM
Hey Silus was that character based on you? Not completely of course just personality wise?

Nah, not really to be honest. I don't think i've ever played a character that is just like me.

Though I was enjoying the interrogation scene a bit too much.

Skelengar
2012-01-04, 04:10 PM
I once played an epic level psion. He started out lawful netural, but got posessed by a demon in return for power. In the end, I accidentally hijacked the plot and became the main villian.

Lucianus
2012-01-04, 05:54 PM
I once played a fiendish T-rex riding death knight/Cavalier who liked to stitch children together for use as lamellar barding for his mount. He prefered to use children because they struggled less and fit together easier with fewer gaps. Also, he usually did this while they where alive so their blood would cool his mount off in the heat wave currently being experienced in the world. (No one realized until 2 campains later that a fiendish critter probably wouldn't have needed cooling.... oops :smallredface: )

After a variety of standard CE atrocities, my DM had him attacked by an order of Paladins with Clerical support. He later had a new suit made of holy warriors, very fashionable

I recommend Profession (Seamstress) to every evil PC :smallbiggrin:

Dimonite
2012-01-04, 10:06 PM
The worst I've ever seen was a free-willed undead drow wizard (last time I allow that in my campaign) who called himself Chaotic Neutral. His plan for the campaign was to eventually corrupt the paladin through a series of bluff checks and make him think that killing innocents wasn't evil. Then he would have the paladin gather followers, all of whom would worship the drow. He then planned to usurp Nerull as the god of Death. Fortunately, our campaign ended before he reached high enough level to do this.

Othesemo
2012-01-04, 10:09 PM
My most evil character ever would probably be Eln'Mastak, a CE Al'artathi (Mythic Races) rogue. He believed that he was a god, and claimed to be able to win any contest. He was often tested in this regard, and would often fail. He responded to these failures by hunting down and brutally murdering the person. His line of reasoning was that "you're dead, I'm alive. Which of us has won?"

He succeeded in individually killing all of the other PCs, personally, without being caught by any of them. Even after the dead ones were ressurected (strangely missing 50,000 gp). I finally had to put away his character sheet after he legally sold the PCs into slavery under a devil and the DM told me that I "needed to get rid of that character right now." The other PCs agreed.

He went from level 4-16 in three months on weekly sessions, mostly due to him killing just about everything.

Axon_Viking
2012-01-04, 11:00 PM
I was GMing a Star Wars game once. I was stupid enough to say the words "This is a dark side campaign, it's ok to be a little evil." I regretted those words shortly after.

A Kushiban is a rabbit that can use the force, it also happens to be a player race. So this guy is a force adept, they started in a prison cell on Tatooine as slaves, after he tricked a bunch of Tuskan Raiders into freeing them he killed them all just to see what was under their masks. He (and the rest of the party) go to a near by town to rest for the night. Him and the scoundrel rob the inn of everything put it all in the car they stole, then killed a drug dealer because free samples were not offered, got drugged up, wrecked said car, killed a cop for his, then wrecked that one, killed another cop.

Then found a small village, killed all the commoners, except the children which he sold to the crime lord for drugs. He killed a family except for a little boy of about 10, ate the dinner they had laid out for that night, named the boy Nu-Nu when he was to horrified to tell them his real name. Rode on top of his head until he made the kid jump off a cliff.

Rorrik
2012-01-05, 01:49 PM
He was a fairly new player who I invited into the campaign to work for the mage group that held a weight over one of the players. The mage guild was pretty clearly evil and he was intended to be the heavy they sent with the group to see they got the job done. He claimed to be pure neutral with lawful good tendency and I expected him to eventually turn against the guild. His actions were clearly chaotic evil the whole campaign. He would choose plans more based on how many mercenaries he could stab than if they would actually work and did nothing to further the mage guild's goals. While his companions fought he would loot bodies and steal forbidden treasure, bringing more danger on them. The others put up with him because he was the heavy from the mage guild and could and would kill them given the need. I think he had been playing too much Assassin's Creed in the months before the campaign.

Strormer
2012-01-06, 12:58 AM
As far as DND and related goes I would have to say my most evil character was a two weapon ranger who got himself named as the sheriff and promptly became a seriously dirty cop and effectively a faceless crime lord until I got cut-scened by an NPC. In other words: I played this guy (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100317221128/batman/images/7/73/Red_Hood_Jason_Todd.jpg) before I knew who he was. ^_^

Outside DND I can't really say because I've played a lot of WoD games, particularly Demon: the Fallen, and when your game consists of a party of actual demons in the world of darkness, well, morality has different specifications than in any other game... well any game other than FATAL, but if someone's played that then they take the cake of villainous characters...

Andreaz
2012-01-06, 06:22 AM
A villain with good publicity. My character was fame-thirsty and would go all the way to look good in the public eyes. And really really enjoyed getting benefits on both ends. More than one crime syndicate had both its main heads killed for the public to see and overruled by the same character.

Dumbledore lives
2012-01-06, 06:37 AM
One of my players was a master of many forms baboon rapist, so that's probably the worst, though the totemist with an appendage named thrusty was fairly bad as well.

The only others are things like genocide and mass destruction, but they're more incidental events and on the wider scale are generally for the greater good, in some twisted way or another. I mean you know the old saying goes, you can't make an omelet without completely destroying at least 2 different races, right?

Noedig
2012-01-09, 03:40 PM
I caused a war with high level Lawful evil cleric of Hextor in order fulfill a political agenda and make loads of gold.

I diplomanced NPC's into thinking I was good and made my alignment undetectable, set up shop in the no man's land of the battlefield, and charged gold to people who wanted clerical services. I also perpetuated the conflict by trading in formation I took from the minds of people I helped.

I made the war last for a very long time and made about 200k gold.

Extra_Crispy
2012-01-10, 06:06 AM
I never play truely evil characters, if i play the evil alignments it is usually a honorable character. Well untill my neutral evil rogue/fighter in a PF game recently. I started the game after some of the other PC's and one of the other players (call him M) was the self proclaimed King of this area.

The background for my character was really dark (dont want to get into it here) but it basically made her out for herself, completely selfish. A fighter/Rogue going towards Assassin. So I go to these new lands and walk into the adventures guild and basically apply for a job. I get told by the leader of the guild PC (call him D) of payment of 5sp a day but the king is going to some nearby elven ruins and may pay more. After talking with the king for game time 45 min, I am not only hired for the trip to the ruins but as the head of the city watch. Basically I am the head cop but an evil rogue too. This was a case of I know the player and he is a good player so the character must be trustworthy. M made me head cop with little more than what do you do and what are you good at? Answer: Kill people.

So we go to the ruins and I am guarding the tunnel that leads back the way we came when a monk I have never met (another PC, we will call him j2) comes around the courner and trys to tumble past me to get to the ranger (j1) who hired him as the king did not hire him because he hated him (out of character he did not like j2 either). Anyway here I am with the king at my back, who I have been hired to protect, looking at a monk that I have never met trying to get by me. So I tripped him over and over making him more and more agrivated with me but never actually attacking him. Finally when things were setteled the king said he was fine and I could let him by. Well he took it personally so when I asked for his name he would not talk to me. From then on he treated me badly and most of the time would not even talk to me. As I am very good at sneaking, though I am wearing a breastplate, I was the scout most of the time. One time scouting ahead the monk followed me as we neared a room I grabbed the monk (beating his CMD by alot) and threw him infront of me, slightly into the room, where there were a bunch of goblins. He decided to attack me instead of finishing off the goblins and then having it out with me. Mistake. As I proceded to kick his butt while the goblins stabbed him in the back. The fight was still raging as the rest of the party neared. All they saw was us fighting and the goblins attacing the monk. They finished the goblins (magic and ranged) while I finished the monk. I then removed all items of value from the monks body, picked him up over my head, and said "this is what happens to people that attack me" and threw the body into one of the goblin fires. No one knew I started it, as they did not see the start, and the monk was dead so could not argue with me.

We find out the ruins has a very old and powerful Elven Lich controling the bottom sections. Master race kinda guy that believes Elves are superior to all. I failed to mention my character was an elf, but looked completely human. High disguise and even in her history cut her ears down with a knife to look human. And J1 was also and elf. So this lich starts visiting us in our dreams offering anything for our servitude. Well im a selfish evil type so we come to a mutially benificial agreement while j1 tells the Lich off. Later j1 gets "kidnapped" actually he makes a deal, and disappears while on watch while everyone else is asleep. I see it, pretty much know what happened but tell everyone else he was kidnapped by the Lich. We go to the the area we know the lich to be and try to get j1 back. keep in mind j1 hates M as j1 is a ranger with hatred toward dragons and humans. (and out of character has some issues with M personally. M is not well liked in general) M is a dragon blood human sorceror. So there is some talking then the fight breaks out. We are helping the party untill the Lich tells us to turn against the party. The sorceror uses some spells but the lich raises anti-magic field and starts to laugh at him, he pops his dragon claws and gets into hand to hand. Where no mage class should ever be. Anyway about this time the Lich mentally tells us "now" so j1 goes and shoots M in the back with 3 arrows with increased damage and seriously hurts the mage. j2 playing a new character tells me as I walk by him at the table, "Ill take care of j1, you attack the lich." All I say is "ok" Everyone thought j1 was mind controlled. So I pick up my dice roll it, my character is right next to M, turn to M and say does a 27 hit you. His and j2's jaw both drop open and then M says yes. Ok then because I was a thief also I did sneak attack damage and overflowed his hitpoints by 20 points. He is completely dead.

Wont get into it but very shortly there after I died. But that was a very fun character to run and in only like 4 sessions I personally killed 2, and almost a 3rd PC. As I almost always play good characters this threw everyone at the table for a loop.

jguy
2012-01-10, 11:22 AM
I have yet to play an evil PC but my favorite evil NPC was a nymph sorceress call The Madam. She had taken over a huge stretch of forest in eberron that was watched over by a powerful dryad. She made it seem that she was that same dryad and started demanding teethes of gems and worked goods.

The PC's had to track her down to get her soul, as it was an ingredient in a machine they needed. They really, really did not want to fight her as she had troll minions bowing before her and a stone giant boyfriend/body guard that rode essentially a sentient mountain. When they finally met her they found that her throne was made of wood and was actually the dryad forced into it, head bowed in supplication forever. The nymph crooning over the imprisoned dryad freaked the players out.

When they asked for her soul she laughed and gave them part of hers in the form of a clone of herself she had made for literally just such an occasion. A clone that was sentient and bound into the form of a tree, several which ringed the grove.

My favorite parts were hinting at her using the troll minions. The trolls would be overheard by the PC's saying stuff like "If we don't get the gifts for The Madam, she will be upset with us." "I don't want to have to eat my eyeballs again! It hurts so much."

Riverdance
2012-01-10, 11:56 PM
A drunken Irish swordsman with "Phobia: children" and "Adventuring Goal: eliminate children and all means of their creation from the game world." I never actually played this character, deciding that killing all of the children I encountered was a good way to 1) die and 2) never get anything else done.

Kane0
2012-01-11, 01:12 AM
Human Barbarian.

Upon a chance encounter along the trail between towns, we (3 of us) spotted a pair of horse-mounted NPCs approaching.

Without any explanation or warning I took a large drink from my endless aleskin and charged them, beheading the swordsman's horse and killing him as he fell off. The other was shocked, horrified and scared and got out his bow and began to draw it but the other two in my party needled him with a bow and crossbow. They caught and searched the live horse for information possibly lending clues to my sudden attack (they had learned not to speak to me unless i spoke to them) but they found nothing. Meanwhile i was eating the dead horse. Once they noticed this they were visibly disgusted but asked me why i did it. I looked slowly at them and said "Well i was hungry, and there aren't and giants around like back at home. So i had to settle for this. Don't worry, i'll clean up when i'm done. You can go on ahead if you like."

That encounter put my previous 'shopping spree' and tavern brawl (which got us kicked out of the town we were travelling form in the first place) to shame.

PBlades
2012-01-11, 10:12 AM
Window Vista. :smalltongue:

Anecronwashere
2012-01-11, 10:21 PM
Window Vista. :smalltongue:

You won the Thread. congrats.
Have a cookie and an Internet.

Deepbluediver
2012-01-11, 10:57 PM
The most evil ones I've seen probably were your average Chaotic Stupid crowd who turn campaigns into one-shots and player groups into people-who-used-to-hang-out-together... :smalltongue:

One of the DMs I rolled with a while back had a rule: for every character in your party whose alignment starts with "Chaotic" and DOESN'T end in "Good", there is a 25% chance each session that a dragon will show up and eat you.

The most evil character I ever played was as much to mess with the group IRL as in the game. I played a drow assassin-in-exile (ranger/scout, actually, but assassin was his profession) who was designed to resemble at first glance a carbon-copy of a certain character from a well known fantasy series. (can you guess who?)

It was an absolute riot to see the look on their faces whenever I'd advocate torture, murder, and arson (not always in that order) as the best/quickest solution for every problem.
It was also a great way to illustrate to my group that evil can come in just as many flavors as good.

Jergmo
2012-01-12, 02:21 AM
Baldric Blackadder, a necromancer.

Baldric's life was essentially orchestrated by the BBEGs of the campaign, and they twisted his life from early childhood. Due to the death of his younger brother, and others outside of his family blaming him for what happened, along with the manipulation of powerful evil beings, he became obsessed with death and the study of anatomy. He killed and mutilated stray cats and house pets - cutting them open and studying them to see how they worked on the inside. Over time his obsession grew as he gained an apprenticeship as a necromancer (his mentor being the BBEG).

It started as a higher level campaign with all of this being well-established already and his obsession with the power over death grew to the point where he was determined to find a way to end death altogether and drain the deities of their power by preventing them from acquiring new souls. His older brother was all that remained of his family and wound up becoming a general in the military of the Evil Empire (separate from the BBEG), which employed Baldric and funded his research. His own brother was terrified of him despite being loyal, and it was pondered that he might well rise to become the new God of Death himself.

Baldric is, overall, the least sadistic of my evil characters but if he was successful, it would have essentially meant leading to complete oblivion rather than freedom from the Gods, which was his intended goal. It was down to calming the Mad (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MadScientist) Well-Intentioned Extremist (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WellIntentionedExtremist), or stabbing him in the back. This (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JumpingOffTheSlipperySlope) might be more appropriate.

The ultimate result of his schemes would have meant entire realities descending into decay and oblivion.

And that's terrible.

Shyftir
2012-01-12, 03:57 AM
Chaotic Neutral Cleric of Storms. Half-elf and half-brother to an elven prince (a wizard.) He was originally an experiment in out "barbarian-ing" the barbarian. (Worked pretty well.) well my brother contracted a new-strain of vampirism and we quested to stop its spread and cure him. I was a highly violent person the entire story and my DM was pushing me toward evil behind everybody else's back. Eventually he gave me a ring that gave me three levels if I turned evil.

Earlier that same night before the game I had looked over the wizard's spell list. Then prepared mine to shut it down. Spell Immunity and Greater Spell Immunity are kinda awesome. Anyway I set up a demon attack to drain their resources, accused my brother of having turned and summoned it and trapped him in a Silence effect. Then used a Slay Living on him, followed by Bodak's Glare on our lawful good dragon shaman. Then I offered our barbarian (exiled princess) vengeance on the nazi-like nation that slaughtered her family; she joined me.

End of story. My brother rose as an evil vampire version of himself and spent 4 years chasing me, while I obtained Lich-dom. We met in a battle so epic that we destroyed an area the size of Chicago-Metro, and were sucked into the Far Realms doomed to quasi-exist forever as Vestiges. (That last part happened off screen.)

SowZ
2012-01-13, 12:41 AM
I didn't see Quorren Singh as that bad of a guy really, all things considered. But my party will tell you he was the worst and will tell you they were justified in player killing him by pushing him into a plane of insanity causing his death via soul deterioation! Apparantly he was "torturing children." I mean, I suppose that's one way to look at it. But you shouldn't look at things from such a one sided perspective, come on.

JonRG
2012-01-13, 02:46 AM
In an very brief evil Eberron campaign, my friend made a CE half-ogre Frenzied Berserker. He roamed the countryside terrorizing villages, who would offer him tribute or be slaughtered. Sometimes, he'd take their stuff and kill them anyway.

One time, he decided to play "Will it Blend?" using only his greatswords. On what item, you might ask? An entire contingent of of Aundarian soldiers.

They did, in fact, blend. :smallcool:

Urslingen
2012-01-13, 03:38 PM
Come on guys, can't you do better than that? :smallwink:

Hahah! Just kidding - those are a buncha' evil motherhubbers, but I prefer "evil" characters not to be quite so... D&D-ish, if you get my drift.

The most evil character I have devised was actually an NPC, but he got a lot of game-time so he was almost a part of the troupe.

Frank Doyle, Irish-American mobster and underboss in New York, early 21st-century. About 30 years of age, sporting light-grey dyed hair, wife-beater, a heavy silver-neckchain and a collection impressive porcelain teeth with engraved letters (spelling out the sentence: F*CK YOU).

Frank is a full blown sexual sadist, his behavior becoming more and more debased trough the years partly because of his cocain-addiction. His actions in the course of the campaign he took part in includeed (but were not limited to):

Domestic Violence

Rape

Aggravated Battery, using the head of a characters friend to assult her while she was lying in hospital.

Murder of (one of) his girlfriend(s) using an electric drill.

Murder of a prostitute using an electric stake-knife.

During all of these violent actions he had an erection, a exilarated grin and letting forth a nervous, wheesing, laughter.

The players really hated this bugger (and I can't say I blame them). But since that was his purpose I can say I was pretty pleased with him. :smalltongue:

Peace Out.

-Urslingen

AgentofHellfire
2012-01-13, 03:41 PM
I've played a Halfling Wizard driven insane by a demonic ritual, and a Tiefling Wizard whose outright goal was enslaving the entire material plane to Asmodeus.

I've also made evil characters that I never got to play, such as one Exalted character that was obsessed with killing an icon of death. However, her obsession with this led her to commit horrific acts herself.

And a Gold Dragon that was obsessed enough with making his mark on the world that, after being pushed to the brink, he decided "why not just create a gigantic, oppressive empire?"

Works? :smallbiggrin:

Pokonic
2012-01-15, 08:34 PM
Well, in one of the few games I actualy played in, I was what could best be described as a Undead Half-Golem Deathclaw. Ever seen the cat-beast thing from the movie 9? Well, it was a bit like that, exept lanker and with more bones. Even worse, me and the DM had a deal: in exchange for being able to use this abomination in normal play, I could not get healed by normal means. Guess how I healed?I cannabilised the remains of our foes, metal and otherwise. Effectivly, he was like a boogieman, stealing the youngins to... well...decorate his lair, along with "inhancing" himself. The whole place he lived in effectivly had leather carpeting after a little less of a century of skining and displaying his kills in his lair.

fryplink
2012-01-15, 09:21 PM
A little girl, who was turned into a necropolitan and warlock by her parents as an experiment in magic. The Demon who preformed the act promptly slaughtered them. Fast Forward 100 years, the little girl (who was 8 when she was killed) has become an assassin and thief of the highest order, using her childish appearances to get away with crimes of the highest order.

Jzadek
2012-01-16, 10:49 AM
My current chaotic good gnome wizard is a friendly elderly man, who may be very vindictive and vengeful, but isn't anywhere near evil.

He is, however, possessed by Moloch at the moment, who the DM very kindly lets me roleplay. So that would probably be my most evil PC.

He's not had the chance to commit any murderously evil acts, but that is only a result of attempts being prevented by the party and a few lucky will saves, and he has made a habit of tearing apart my psychologically damaged team members.

However, I'm also about to start play with a demon defector to Baator, who's cohort is a paladin she has turned into her pet by a mixture of trickery and psychological torture, so Moloch may soon be relegated to second place.

un_known
2012-01-16, 03:53 PM
I would have to say that the most evil PC I've ever played happened to be a Druid Greensinger that went on to become a corrupted Planar Shepherd with the intentions of aligning Dal Quor with the prime. He succeeded.

The campaign started off fairly normal with our group being not so odd. That was... until the DM decided to screw with us. He thought it would be a great idea to pick up the Druid & the Cleric and hurl us through time forward into a world where the Quori had enslaved everyone. The cleric of course decided that we had to stop this all and after a mini-adventure (Everyone else was unable to make this session except the two of us) we arrived back in the present.

The Cleric immediately told the Paladin and they began to plan to stop this 'imminent' invasion from the Quori. Now I was very helpful and began to go along with them and I entered planar shepherd to help 'quell' the threat of Dal Quor and to also be able to sense and 'seal' away anything that was from it. Of course I did the opposite. We wandered around the world finding artifacts that had been used to seal Dal Quor and the N & T gladly trusted the Druid with them.

Eveything went according to their plans for awhile; the DM even thought I was on their side. This was until the DM and I sat down for a side-adventure. Over the course of it I explained my plan to unweave the magic that the artifacts were imbued with to open a gate into Dal Quor. The DM almost died right there. He'd been sure I was up to something (I always have another plan) but he had thought it was something that would have been against the Campaigns design.

So we gathered for the end of the campaign during a week when we had nothing to do and for 5 days we played out the end of the campaign. It started with us searching for the location where Dal Quor had been sealed, I had informed the Cleric that during my side adventure I had learned magic that would empower the seal.

So after four and a half days we had traveled through a massive dungeon that was merged with Dal Quor and we arrived at the gate. I went about setting up the ritual while the cleric, paladin, wizard & ranger defended against hordes of enemies. I activated the ritual and began to intone it, the DM started to laugh manically. The other PC's immediately moved to stop me, thinking that I had been tricked or mind controlled to do something wrong. I dropped my planar bubble, wild shaped into a Quori Dream-master, killed them and the campaign ended with me ascending to become the god the Quori.

I am not allowed to play a Druid anymore.

Kyberwulf
2012-01-16, 07:13 PM
My friend's Paladin, Oswin.
This was back in AD&D

Him and his crew spent alot of time in the country side, and the surrounding forest. Long enough to get a Holy Avenger sword. They return to the kingdom, and the spread ways. Him and the Cleric go to the Church to Tithe. They get there, into the Chapel.

There are a couple people of people, a woman and a child where in Prayer. There was the Priest doing some work at the Pulpet, and some other priests enganged in conversation. The Cleric and Oswin talk to the Priest at the pulpet.

They are told that they haven't Tithed in Months and had to pay more.

This makes Oswin snap. He immidiatly proceeds to cut down the priest, with his Holy Avenger. Before the cleric could do anything, he cuts him down. He then walks around to the woman and child, and slays them. Not wanting to leave any witnesses. He make up his mind, he walks to the place where they keep the Gold and other donations. He takes as much as he could carry.

On his way out, he meets some other Clerics attempting to heal the Woman and her child. He notices that some other gaurds show up, and they tell him someone is attacking the Temple. He tells them they are in the Vault. As they run by them he Cuts them down, and The woman and her Child... and the priests who where attempted to heal them.

To mask his escape, he starts the Temple on fire.

The last image we had of this Paladin, was him Riding into the sunrise. The Holy Avenger Burning with rage on his back.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-17, 11:32 AM
The last image we had of this Paladin, was him Riding into the sunrise. The Holy Avenger Burning with rage on his back.

He fell, right? Right?

Kyberwulf
2012-01-17, 11:44 AM
I don't know he Rolled a Diplomacy check to convince me that he was fighting against the oppressive regime of the Temple >.>

he almost had me convinced .. but yes.. in the end, he fell.

Anxe
2012-01-17, 11:52 AM
That I've played? My first character was an elven thief who stole from the party treasury. I'm the DM now though, so I don't personally play as many characters.
That my players have played? Definitely the wizard who was an abusive slave owner. He bought slaves to have them draw from a deck of many things.

Solaris
2012-01-17, 01:58 PM
I once played a character named Jon Stryker. Rather ordinary chap, only normal in a setting full of psionics and science fiction powers. Admittedly, he was a zoid pilot, but that was the premise of the game.
(Alas, I've since lost the documents for d20 Zoids).
He was easily the scariest one there, or so I've been told. I think it helps that I play him and... well, I'm apparently a scary li'l dude.
Jon was a very, very bad person. He wanted revenge on one Kyne Xaratan. Why? Never really figured it out. He never told anyone. They used to be on a zoid team together, something happened between them. Jon left, Kyne stayed on the team and made it big. Stryker started with one of Kyne's team-mates, a man named Tim. Tim had a wife and an infant daughter, and was run by a buddy of mine.
Stryker didn't directly kill the daughter. The wife, on the other hand, received a blood eagle. Look it up, kinda neat. Stryker set up the wife's body in a classic Madonna pose (not the singer), cradling the infant. When Tim found them, Stryker abducted him and called the police. The police arrived in time to trip a wire, setting off a bomb that destroyed the apartment complex - including the corpse holding the crying infant.
(Tim's player? Not so much with the happy.)
By the time Kyne and the surviving team-members found out (Jenny Takaiian-Xaratan, his cousin, and Hank "Craters" Fisk, the lunatic gunbunny), Stryker had already gone after Kyne's sort-of girlfriend at the diner she managed just as she was closing shop.
(Hey, I hated that little relationship anyways.)
He skinned her alive, then applied a hemostatic agent to the bare flesh to prevent her from bleeding to death too quickly. I'd been working up what looked like a love triangle there with the sole intent and purpose of making it easier for Stryker to do this.
Jon Stryker had taken the Leadership feat. He boogied out of there before anyone could figure out what was happening with the girlfriend, and had his cohort set up a sniping position across the street from the diner. The cohort took two shots - one to take out Jenny, another to take out Craters - before getting on a motorcycle and taking off.
Kyne eventually has his showdown with Stryker. Big epic battle between their zoids. Kyne wins, and then when he comes home the next day he finds a DVD taped to his door. He puts it in.
The video is kind of shaky and grainy, but he can tell it's Tim tied to a chair. Someone is dousing Tim with a liquid. Stryker's voice comes from just offscreen. "You came into this world blind, naked, and screaming," he says as he walks into view. He lights a match. Tim's eyes get real wide. "And that's how you'll be leaving it."
Tim takes two hours to burn. Kyne knows, because he watches the whole thing - and he notes the timestamp on the corner of the screen. Tim died that morning, after the fight with Stryker.
I never did admit whether or not he'd actually killed Stryker in their duel.

First time I'd seen a GM trying to play catch-up with one player taking out all of the others. I understand it was when I was acting out Stryker during Tim's final moments that really scared my buddies. After that, I was the GM. They wanted good villains.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-17, 02:24 PM
I once played a character named Jon Stryker. Rather ordinary chap, only normal in a setting full of psionics and science fiction powers. Admittedly, he was a zoid pilot, but that was the premise of the game.
(Alas, I've since lost the documents for d20 Zoids).
He was easily the scariest one there, or so I've been told. I think it helps that I play him and... well, I'm apparently a scary li'l dude.
Jon was a very, very bad person. He wanted revenge on one Kyne Xaratan. Why? Never really figured it out. He never told anyone. They used to be on a zoid team together, something happened between them. Jon left, Kyne stayed on the team and made it big. Stryker started with one of Kyne's team-mates, a man named Tim. Tim had a wife and an infant daughter, and was run by a buddy of mine.
Stryker didn't directly kill the daughter. The wife, on the other hand, received a blood eagle. Look it up, kinda neat. Stryker set up the wife's body in a classic Madonna pose (not the singer), cradling the infant. When Tim found them, Stryker abducted him and called the police. The police arrived in time to trip a wire, setting off a bomb that destroyed the apartment complex - including the corpse holding the crying infant.
(Tim's player? Not so much with the happy.)
By the time Kyne and the surviving team-members found out (Jenny Takaiian-Xaratan, his cousin, and Hank "Craters" Fisk, the lunatic gunbunny), Stryker had already gone after Kyne's sort-of girlfriend at the diner she managed just as she was closing shop.
(Hey, I hated that little relationship anyways.)
He skinned her alive, then applied a hemostatic agent to the bare flesh to prevent her from bleeding to death too quickly. I'd been working up what looked like a love triangle there with the sole intent and purpose of making it easier for Stryker to do this.
Jon Stryker had taken the Leadership feat. He boogied out of there before anyone could figure out what was happening with the girlfriend, and had his cohort set up a sniping position across the street from the diner. The cohort took two shots - one to take out Jenny, another to take out Craters - before getting on a motorcycle and taking off.
Kyne eventually has his showdown with Stryker. Big epic battle between their zoids. Kyne wins, and then when he comes home the next day he finds a DVD taped to his door. He puts it in.
The video is kind of shaky and grainy, but he can tell it's Tim tied to a chair. Someone is dousing Tim with a liquid. Stryker's voice comes from just offscreen. "You came into this world blind, naked, and screaming," he says as he walks into view. He lights a match. Tim's eyes get real wide. "And that's how you'll be leaving it."
Tim takes two hours to burn. Kyne knows, because he watches the whole thing - and he notes the timestamp on the corner of the screen. Tim died that morning, after the fight with Stryker.
I never did admit whether or not he'd actually killed Stryker in their duel.

First time I'd seen a GM trying to play catch-up with one player taking out all of the others. I understand it was when I was acting out Stryker during Tim's final moments that really scared my buddies. After that, I was the GM. They wanted good villains.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3227/sm2.png

Wow. Remind me never, ever, ever to go near you.

...Also, have I seen this before? It sounds familiar.

Solaris
2012-01-17, 04:12 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3227/sm2.png

Wow. Remind me never, ever, ever to go near you.

...Also, have I seen this before? It sounds familiar.

I get that one a lot. If it makes you feel better, normally I play the heroic types - usually a paladin of the "Diplomacy first, smite second" variety. When I cut loose, though... heheheh.

'S entirely possible. I trotted out this story back in June.