PDA

View Full Version : Charisma Damage?

Rossebay
2011-12-31, 03:19 PM
If my Charisma is reduced to 0 or less, do I die? Or am I just really unattractive then?

Morithias
2011-12-31, 03:20 PM
If my Charisma is reduced to 0 or less, do I die? Or am I just really unattractive then?

If any mental stats are reduced to zero you are out cold and helpless.

To my knowledge Charisma does not equate to beauty, a person with 0 charisma would basically just be a shell of his former self not any uglier but it might depend on the DM.

Fax Celestis
2011-12-31, 03:25 PM
Ability Score Loss

Some attacks reduce the opponent’s score in one or more abilities. This loss can be temporary (ability damage) or permanent (ability drain).

While any loss is debilitating, losing all points in an ability score can be devastating.

Strength 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He lies helpless on the ground.
Dexterity 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He stands motionless, rigid, and helpless.
Constitution 0 means that the character is dead.
Intelligence 0 means that the character cannot think and is unconscious in a coma-like stupor, helpless.
Wisdom 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a deep sleep filled with nightmares, helpless.
Charisma 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, coma-like stupor, helpless.

A creature reduced to 0 CHA has no sense of self and falls into a coma.

Rossebay
2011-12-31, 03:34 PM
A creature reduced to 0 CHA has no sense of self and falls into a coma.

Alright, thanks. Definitely taking Strong Soul, then. Charisma of 6 and all.

Any other suggestions on negating ability damage and drain and such?

KillianHawkeye
2012-01-02, 01:27 PM
Any other suggestions on negating ability damage and drain and such?

Make friends with the party Cleric. :smallwink:

marcielle
2012-01-03, 12:29 AM
People could give you wayyyy more help if you just answer the following:
1. Class?
2. Books allowed?
3. Other stats?
4. Race?
5. Other party members?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-01-03, 01:09 AM
a 1 level dip into Binder (ToM) is really helpful for anyone who fears ability damage (Self-inflected or not) as binding The Grinning Hound Naberious gives you fast ability healing, at a rate of 1 point of ability damage (sadly not drain IIRC) per round.

Rossebay
2012-01-03, 05:37 PM
People could give you wayyyy more help if you just answer the following:
1. Class?
2. Books allowed?
3. Other stats?
4. Race?
5. Other party members?

1. SotAO Moon-Warded Mystic Ranger, level 4, improved spellcasting replacing Animal Companion.
2. Any book with the Wizards label and 3.0/3.5 and being the most up to date. (Errata included.)
3. Str 12, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 6.
4. Arctic Elf.
5. We have another SotAO Mystic Ranger with Spell Reflection and a focus on buffing spells. Level 3 in that, 1 level in fighter, Illumian. We also have a human Wizard 4 (Abrupt Jaunt, Transmutation Re-prepare ACF's), and a lesser Aasimar Duskblade.

sreservoir
2012-01-03, 06:17 PM
a 1 level dip into Binder (ToM) is really helpful for anyone who fears ability damage (Self-inflected or not) as binding The Grinning Hound Naberious gives you fast ability healing, at a rate of 1 point of ability damage (sadly not drain IIRC) per round.

drain is 1/hour, which is ... not nearly enough to prevent a dedicated ability-drainer from killing you, but helps a lot with recovery.

NOhara24
2012-01-03, 06:40 PM
To my knowledge Charisma does not equate to beauty.

It does. From the SRD: "Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness."

So if you take CHA damage, you become less attractive.

Kumori
2012-01-03, 07:35 PM
It does. From the SRD: "Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness."

So if you take CHA damage, you become less attractive.

I can imagine a person's face suddenly bursting with warts, and his nose beginning to run uncontrollably as his charisma score drops...