PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/pf] replacing one's body

sreservoir
2011-12-31, 05:00 PM
as a character concept: something which replaces its body for a new one each time it becomes unsuitable/too old.

preferably doable without outside help, and doable repeatedly without too much real penalty. I'll allocate, say, 3000 gp per life for it.

there are many ways to make it happen, but they all seem to come online rather late -- craft contingent last breath, for example, which is as early as I can mange, doesn't come online until 11 find ways to make this feasible early -- preferably before 6th level, but as long as it gets the job done before or better than that druid.

Bhaakon
2011-12-31, 05:07 PM
A clone master archetype alchemist can do it at level 8 for 5000 gp. The description only says that the clone "grows to maturity," so it doesn't specify whether it reaches the same age category as the original body.

Psyren
2011-12-31, 05:25 PM
Telepaths do it for free (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/m/mind-switch)

You can make the lower level power permanent too if you use the sandwich trick.

sreservoir
2011-12-31, 05:31 PM
Telepaths do it for free (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/m/mind-switch)

You can make the lower level power permanent too if you use the sandwich trick.

at 17 on TMS, and 15 on sandwich, a bit slow. also will require a cleanse spirit at 17 pp (so doable by 14th with overchannel + torc) or a chirurgery. so doable for free by 15 by a shaper, or 17 by a telepath.

eh, the druid gets there faster.

Psyren
2011-12-31, 05:46 PM
at 17 on TMS, and 15 on sandwich, a bit slow. also will require a cleanse spirit at 17 pp (so doable by 14th with overchannel + torc) or a chirurgery. so doable for free by 15 by a shaper, or 17 by a telepath.

eh, the druid gets there faster.

Since you're doing it to avoid dying of old age, don't you have time though? :smalltongue:

But if you want it before 6th, Pathfinder has your number: Reincarnated Druids (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/reincarnated-druid) achieve body-hopping immortality at 5th-level. Simply kill yourself before you die of old age, or leave instructions with your animal companion to do the deed.

sreservoir
2011-12-31, 05:51 PM
Since you're doing it to avoid dying of old age, don't you have time though? :smalltongue:

But if you want it before 6th, Pathfinder has your number: Reincarnated Druids (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/reincarnated-druid) achieve body-hopping immortality at 5th-level. Simply kill yourself before you die of old age, or leave instructions with your animal companion to do the deed.

but what if I want to live fast, die young!

... how do you kill a reincarnated druid 5? kill it enough times that it runs out of levels and constitution and components to restoration itself?

Psyren
2011-12-31, 06:01 PM
but what if I want to live fast, die young!

Young is relative though - a young elan who learns psionics at the same rate as a human can achieve immortality before hitting middle age.

... how do you kill a reincarnated druid 5? kill it enough times that it runs out of levels and constitution and components to restoration itself?

If you find and kill them in the 7-day window they stay dead. If not, you can kill them repeatedly until they drop to 1st-level and drain enough con to be at 0 with the next one.

Their auto-reincarnate uses no components though, so that one is out.

sreservoir
2011-12-31, 06:48 PM
er, how many ways are there to add restoration to a PF druid's list?

Feralventas
2011-12-31, 07:02 PM
You might look into the Magic of Ebbearon sourcebook for the Renegade Mastermaker PrC. It requires 5th level casting or manifesting of some sort, but over the course of 10 levels the RMM changes themselves into a Warforged, starting with a single limb and eventually their whole body as they progress.

For lower level stuff, I'd suggest undead grafting and the Corpse Crafter feats so that you can augment yourself with each alteration. That will let you replace arms, legs, skin, and eyes/face/tongue bits.

DarkestKnight
2011-12-31, 07:11 PM
What I have planned for the Warforged Artificer is a Wondrous Item that uses the Magic Jar spell. Basically if I die my soul is sucked into the device and if it is planted in another construct (or one of my homunculi) I assume direct control, to quote ME2. After this i can build a more suitable body rather than a miniature clay gnome. While this is Homebrew/Artificer-ness at its finest, this may give you some ideas.

sreservoir
2011-12-31, 08:59 PM
You might look into the Magic of Ebbearon sourcebook for the Renegade Mastermaker PrC. It requires 5th level casting or manifesting of some sort, but over the course of 10 levels the RMM changes themselves into a Warforged, starting with a single limb and eventually their whole body as they progress.

For lower level stuff, I'd suggest undead grafting and the Corpse Crafter feats so that you can augment yourself with each alteration. That will let you replace arms, legs, skin, and eyes/face/tongue bits.

eh, it's one change and then construct, with two lost caster levels, doesn't seem worth it. would rather go with one of the druids.

that, and I'm not trying to improve the existing body; I'm trying to throw it out and get a new one.

What I have planned for the Warforged Artificer is a Wondrous Item that uses the Magic Jar spell. Basically if I die my soul is sucked into the device and if it is planted in another construct (or one of my homunculi) I assume direct control, to quote ME2. After this i can build a more suitable body rather than a miniature clay gnome. While this is Homebrew/Artificer-ness at its finest, this may give you some ideas.

magic jar itself would be temporary, dispellable, broken by AMF, and would require new, suitable, vessels frequently to scale hp.

homebrew is ... sketchy a healthy does of peer review.