PDA

View Full Version : So who else is alone for New Years?

Pika...
2011-12-31, 07:29 PM
I am currently parked in an empty parking lot stealing a nearby wi-fi signal. This will pretty much be my New Years.

Anyone else gonna be by themselves for the New Years/were for the holidays?

Niezck
2011-12-31, 07:33 PM
Depends on the definition of 'alone' really.

If spending 5 minutes sitting awkwardly downstairs at midnight with my mum and sister before returning back to the computer counts, then yes. :smalltongue:

ShadowHunter
2011-12-31, 07:39 PM
I was home for Christmas, now back at my apartment in Houston.

Since none of the coworkers at my new job (about 10 months there) are the go out and celebrate types, and all the coworkers at my old job (spent 4 years there!) are out of town or otherwise indisposed, I will sit at home and bake myself a pecan pie and watch TV or read.

Also a reminder that all my social interaction comes via work!

Dr.Epic
2011-12-31, 07:48 PM
I'm not alone! I have the voices in my head!:smallwink:

icastflare!
2011-12-31, 07:50 PM
I got twelve year olds screaming at me over xbox live while I try to enjoy my gaming experiance. Least its an improvment over last year.

Eldan
2011-12-31, 08:25 PM
Depends on the definition of 'alone' really.

If spending 5 minutes sitting awkwardly downstairs at midnight with my mum and sister before returning back to the computer counts, then yes. :smalltongue:

My mother has a dozen female friends her age downstairs. I had a quick look: two hours ago, around midnight, they were through a dozen bottles of wine and a quite a bit of strong liquour. It's two hours later now and they are all singing loudly. Not the dirty songs yet, just the badly sung folk songs.

But I'm alone, yeah. I was shanghaied to do the traditional Divinations, but I went through that quickly so I could get back to painting.

KuReshtin
2011-12-31, 08:44 PM
Alone by choice.. I had a few places I could have been tonight, but I just felt like being alone.

So I've spent it watching last night's UFC event that I recorded, and then played a bunch of Modern Warfare 3, that I bought just this afternoon.

Not such a bad night, I think.

Lord Raziere
2011-12-31, 08:46 PM
I'm sorta alone, keeping myself distracted so that I don't impulse-buy Mage: The Awakening and WoD Corebook.

good thing I have a lot of books to distract me.

Nix Nihila
2011-12-31, 08:57 PM
I'm alone, and it's rather odd. The house I used to live in had a great view of the local fireworks, so people I didn't even know would show up in my back yard. It was quite enjoyable.

I had plans this year, but they fell through. I probably could've found someone else to hang out with, but I didn't really feel like it. So I'm just working on some haute couture sewing and construction techniques and surfing the internet.

onthetown
2011-12-31, 10:04 PM
Had dinner at my uncles and got his dog to do all her tricks for us, but then we went home and there's still an hour until the new year. So I'm sitting in my room with a bottle of Bacardi and a few cans of Smirnoff.

I don't mind it, though.

Yanagi
2011-12-31, 10:11 PM
I live out in the countryside, and by 6pm the drivers around here are getting scary erratic. So I generally opt for New Year's at home, alone.

My hope for the New Year is that I won't be calling emergency services to pull someone out of the ditch in front of my house.

I'm going to thoroughly clean my house, both as part of a New Year tradition and because it needs to it after the riot of cooking I did over the holidays.

Everyone have a good night and a Happy New Year.

CrimsonAngel
2011-12-31, 10:15 PM
I'm never alone with pillow pets.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/Allalone.jpg

Mr. Hartburn will keep me company this New Years Day.

Admiral Squish
2012-01-01, 12:29 AM
*raises hand*
I came back after work, spent about 10 minutes with my dad and stepmom, and now I'm heading to bed so I can get up for another shift tomorrow.

Coidzor
2012-01-01, 12:32 AM
Feels like it. With all of the bad music that they keep insisting on playing on repeat and how they're freaking the hell out of my dog after taking him for a walk behind my back and letting him slip the leash and lose his tags.

They're lucky it's so cold out or this party would have ended with them all on their butts in the front yard.

Bastian Weaver
2012-01-01, 12:36 AM
Alone and hating it.

doliest
2012-01-01, 12:46 AM
In my bedroom, listening to an LP uploaded by a friend. Closest to contact I'll get this New Years. Tried to reach a few friends; with family, I suppose.

My internet and 360, they comfort me. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2012-01-01, 12:49 AM
Dinner went...badly, so my family just sort of stayed apart the rest of the night.

Leon
2012-01-01, 12:53 AM
I chose to be, I had a couple of places i could have gone to but decided that it wasn't worth all the hassle when i could have a nice night in and watch the assorted fire works and work on a couple of projects.

Today was meant to be a really nice day and has just rapidly gone sour for me.
Now i wish i had gone out and gotten drunk given that I'm not driving anywhere.

Lycan 01
2012-01-01, 12:56 AM
Lurking in my room, enjoying my hermitage. Talking to a few friends on Facebook and Skype, though, so I may not be alone, technically. :smallconfused:

Thiyr
2012-01-01, 01:08 AM
Watched a movie with the family, then snuck upstairs, texted new years wishes to people, and then managed to get myself into a terrible, hermit-y mood by getting good news. >_>;;I'd say that counts.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-01-01, 01:14 AM
Technically not alone, I had dinner with my familly; but I feel somewhat depressed and alone, not sure why though; but ut is now sort of a tradition for me.

Salbazier
2012-01-01, 01:15 AM
Well me. I'm just with my PC like usual (heck, even when I have something serious to do its often something that need to be done with PC). Though, there's my mother in other room.

Lady Moreta
2012-01-01, 02:26 AM
If being curled up in bed asleep at midnight counts as being alone, then yes, I was alone last night. Admittedly, my husband was in the bed with me, but we were both asleep at midnight so I'm not sure it counts. Oddly enough, we both woke up around 1am and wished each other happy new year. Then we rolled over and went back to sleep.

Right now I'm sitting here on the laptop at the dining table of my mother-in-law's house while my husband and brother-in-law beat each other up on playstation (Modern Warfare 3 I believe, for those curious).

factotum
2012-01-01, 03:17 AM
I'm always alone at New Year--I prefer it that way, to be honest. I'm not a party person at the best of times, and celebrating the New Year always feels a bit arbitrary to my mind anyway.

SDF
2012-01-01, 05:21 AM
Nope, stayed at my gfs place. I gave her the xmas presents I get her (she was in California with family over xmas). We hung out and I destroyed her playing Words With Friends on her new iphone. Could have gone out to a few different parties, but I enjoyed a nice night in.

Lanaya
2012-01-01, 05:47 AM
If only. Being alone would have been much nicer than being on a family holiday with everyone at each others' throats.

Kjata
2012-01-02, 07:37 AM
I got off work at 11 so tired I could barely drive. I went home, drank a beer, and was asleep before midnight.

So, I was alone.

Worlok
2012-01-02, 10:14 AM
I guess I should have been. And I am now. But really? Happy new year, everybody.

Fiery Diamond
2012-01-04, 02:42 AM
I got to hang out till almost 2 AM.

At work at the grocery store.

At least there were other people to talk to.

Solaris
2012-01-08, 02:57 PM
I was in a barracks full of fifty other guys. We were asleep, but some of the kids (you know you've gotten old when you refer to the eighteen-to-twenty-year-old set as 'kids') were out having a bizarre party. I'm surprised it didn't involve revel fires and ritual sacrifice, from some of the descriptions I heard. Didn't stay up on account of being in Kuwait, on the other side of the world from anybody I'd actually like to see, and I had work in the morning.

Bleak Ink
2012-01-10, 12:38 PM
Ah, New Years. It's been my ritual for some years now to spend it alone, in front of a computer, writing cynical observations and drinking straight from a bottle of sparkling cider. In the past year I've developed a strong distaste for anything carbonated, so this most recent Eve was spent the same while substituting apple juice in a wine glass.

Riverdance
2012-01-12, 09:24 PM
surprisingly no. I hung out at a friends house watching older people get progressively more tipsy, before going to another party where, at midnight, a homemade metal UFO was stuffed with gas-soaked cardboard and sent flaming down a zipline where it crashed into a bonfire.

The rest of vacation I spent sitting on my butt watching skyrim tutorials and drawing maps of my homemade campaign setting.

Riverdance
2012-01-12, 09:31 PM
surprisingly no. I hung out at a friends house watching older people get progressively more tipsy, before going to another party where, at midnight, a homemade metal UFO was stuffed with gas-soaked cardboard and sent flaming down a zipline where it crashed into a bonfire.

The rest of vacation I spent sitting on my butt watching skyrim tutorials and drawing maps of my homemade campaign setting.

noparlpf
2012-01-15, 08:33 PM
I stayed home alone drinking vodka, reading the webcomic "Rain" (as recommended by the LGBTA+ thread residents), and watching Disney's "The Little Mermaid".

It was awesome. Best New Year's Eve I've had in years.