PDA

View Full Version : Looking for class: Cha based Wizard

Wookie-ranger
2011-12-31, 07:29 PM
Hi Y'all :smallbiggrin:,
Looking for a caster that uses Charisma as the casting stat AND that uses a spell book.
core sorcerer is out, but the 'learned sorcery' meight be nice.
I want to build a gestalt DN with full caster progression and more (utility) spells.
he is going to be the main Spellcaster.
Our group (read as: our DM) wants to make a gestalt campaign where each character still has the same general 'role'. i.e.: tank, main spellcaster, skill-monkey, etc. so i cannot mix in a factorum or something like that.

I am looking for flavor and style, not necessarily super optimized.

Novawurmson
2011-12-31, 08:20 PM
Sha'ir (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10153.0)?

Gullara
2011-12-31, 09:58 PM
I know there's a feat in Bastards and Bloodlines that allows you to change your spellcasting ability.

LOST TRADITION [GENERAL]
You are descended from a group of spellcasters who had very different ways of mastering magic, and you follow in their tradition.
Benefits: Choose one spellcasting class. You may change which ability score governs spellcasting with that class. That ability cannot be changed again.
For example, Meishel Ellazen is a houri cleric. She takes the Lost Tradition feat and chooses to base her clerical spellcasting on Charisma instead of Wisdom. She now uses her Charisma score to determine her bonus spells, spell save DCs, maximum spell level she may cast, and any other calculation regarding her cleric spells.
Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.

Of course, this might not have the flavour your looking for, though I imagine you could have some fun fluffing it.

The Underlord
2011-12-31, 10:00 PM
If you can use southern magician to enter geomancer, geomancer changes your main casting stat.

DonutBoy12321
2011-12-31, 11:24 PM
Sha'ir (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10153.0)?

+1
Sha'irs, in short, are wizards who can prepare as they go, apply for divine spellcasting PrCs, and have built-in Diplomancy.