PDA

View Full Version : Need 3.5 Bear Build Help

Roto
2011-12-31, 10:01 PM
I need help making a character. Concept is a bear with enough ranks in bluff to bluff everyone into thinking its not a bear... I don't want it to extremely powerful so around level 14-15 max level. Can anyone offer any advice?

Urpriest
2011-12-31, 10:58 PM
Problem: this concept doesn't make much sense unless you are literally a bear. And literal bears are unplayable. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just be a shapeshifter who spends time as a bear?

Machinekng
2011-12-31, 11:23 PM
So, you'd need to play as an awakened bear.

The only playable awakened bear I know of is in Savage Species.

Boosting skills, is easy.

Urpriest
2011-12-31, 11:27 PM
So, you'd need to play as an awakened bear.

The only playable awakened bear I know of is in Savage Species.

Boosting skills, is easy.

There aren't any playable awakened animals in Savage Species.

There are anthropomorphic animals, but that's an entirely different concept.

DonutBoy12321
2011-12-31, 11:31 PM
I need help making a character. Concept is a bear with enough ranks in bluff to bluff everyone into thinking its not a bear... I don't want it to extremely powerful so around level 14-15 max level. Can anyone offer any advice?

First: Hilarious concept.
"Is that a bear over there?"
"I'm not a bear."
"Oh, you're right. What was I thinking?"

Second: I'm gonna have to double-check this, but I bet Cleric 1/Divine Bard X with DMM: Persisted Glibness could work. Alternatively, ArchivistX/Sacred Exorcist 1 with DMM: Persist could achieve the same thing.

Zaq
2012-01-01, 01:01 PM
Hmmmmm. Maybe a Druid (constantly wildshaped into bear form, natch) with telepathy? That way you also get to Bluff people into thinking that you're speaking, not just mind-talking.