PDA

View Full Version : Alternates to Scribe Scroll

Leon
2012-01-01, 11:38 AM
Aside from the Combat Wizard and Edietic Memory options, what ACFs replace Scribe Scroll for a Wizard if any and if not what should i replace it with.

Working on a Idea for a Runesmith and while it needs Scribe Scroll that will be supplied by the Rune Domain (idea currently is Cleric 1/Wizard 5/Runesmith 5) with 2 spare levels.

Incanur
2012-01-01, 12:07 PM
I always like to grab Improved Initiative with the fighter-feats variant. If you don't want a second fighter feat, just take some delicious 5th-level ACF like spontaneous divination.

Leon
2012-01-03, 02:59 AM
Solution found without ACFs

6 Levels of Wu Jen - ends up with some more interesting features than a plain jane wizard

Psyren
2012-01-03, 11:25 AM
6 Levels of Wu Jen - ends up with some more interesting features than a plain jane wizard

And a worse spell list - though depending on your campaign this may not be a problem.

Leon
2012-01-03, 11:49 AM
If it makes for a more interesting character then all good, i don't worry about power levels too much (finding alternate ways into PrCs is fun too)

Andion Isurand
2012-01-03, 03:07 PM
Aside from the Combat Wizard and Edietic Memory options, what ACFs replace Scribe Scroll for a Wizard if any and if not what should i replace it with.

Working on a Idea for a Runesmith and while it needs Scribe Scroll that will be supplied by the Rune Domain (idea currently is Cleric 1/Wizard 5/Runesmith 5) with 2 spare levels.

The "Scribe" cleric ACF from Dragon Magazine 353 pg 89, grants you the Scribe Scroll feat and reduces the exp cost to scribe them by 25%... in exchange for your turning/rebuking ability. (That is, if you don't need it for something else.)

Leon
2012-01-03, 04:59 PM
The "Scribe" cleric ACF from Dragon Magazine 353 pg 89, grants you the Scribe Scroll feat and reduces the exp cost to scribe them by 25%... in exchange for your turning/rebuking ability. (That is, if you don't need it for something else.)

Ah ha Ive been looking for that reference for something completely different. Thank you (was at a loss to where i sourced that ACF from originally)